Philippine/filipino References In A Foreign Movie

ONE EPISODE FROM THE SOPRANOS SEASON 2. TONY SOPRANO'S GROUP IS HAVING A HARD TIME COLLECTING PROTECTION MONEY FROM THE OWNER OF THE WHOREHOUSE. TONY'S GROUP IS SAYING THAT IT IS THE WHOREHOUSE OWNER'S WIFE, WHO THEY SAY IS A FILIPINO, WHO SERVES AS THE HUSBAND'S INSPIRATION IN PLAYING HARDBALL WITH THE MOBS.

• 2 months later...

In the movie Taps, when it was announced that the Bunker Hill Military Academy is being closed down as decided upon by the Board of Trustees, the speaker mentioned "in the jungles of the Philippines" in reference to the places & wars that the alumni of the academy have fought in.

This 1981 movie by 20th Century Fox is the debut movie of both Tom Cruise & Sean Penn.

dun sa "The Sphere"..nakakita ng trash bin si samuel jackson then binasa niya yung naka-engrave sa gilid.."BAZURA!!!"

This was because this movie was inspired by the Philippine Deep. Michael Crichton was supposed to have been vacationing in the Philippines when someone told him about the Philippine Deep. How it was never been explored due to its extreme depth.

Na-inspire siya to write about a mysterious vessel found sa ilalim ng ocean covered by 3 hundred years ng coral growth.

Although I cannot recall if may reference about the Philippine Deep sa book (tagal ko nang nabasa iyon e), sa movie e wala yata talaga. Well except for the "BAZURA" scene...

dun sa "The Sphere"..nakakita ng trash bin si samuel jackson then binasa niya yung naka-engrave sa gilid.."BAZURA!!!"

No laaaa....BAZURA is originally spanish for trash. The reference in the movie was the spanish word, not the taglog one.

In "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert", the main characters stumble into a couple in the middle of Australian Outback nowhere, and the wife is a pinay exotic dancer. Her act consisted of ping pong balls which she can magically pop from an orifice, iliciting wild cheers from the Outback crowd. She happened to hate her Aussie husband so he was subject to a lot of pinoy expletives in the film. Quite funny, actually.

Here it is in youtube, listen closely.

i dont know if this was mentioned already, "highway to hell" - in the hell scene, satan is showing the bida inside a restaurant (in hell ha) tas the guests inside are hitler, stalin, all other people na famous sa kasamaan and there's an empty table with a reservation tag "Imelda Marcos".

heheeh Share ko lang I guess nobody knws about this yet. There was an old movie entitled "PROBLEM CHILD" I cant remember if i was part 1, or three. But the grandfather said he is waiting for his mail to order bride from the philippines. Nobody mentioned this movie before in here so I guess nobody watched it before.

Another is a movie I think a few years ago... Im not sure about the tilte I thibk it's the ISland. They were doing a reality kind of thing and took the the most dangerous prisoners and dump them in an isand and they were supposed to k*ll each other( survival of the fittest) in exchange for their freedom. Well the island was supposed to be somewhere in indonesia I think but the guys fixing the sattelite spoked tagalog hehehee...... And there were 2 scenes in here that the workers were speaking and cursing in tagalog.....

That's Ike Lozada in the middle of the scene with Uschi Buchfellner.

post-101504-1216655287.jpg

German title: Drei kesse Bienen auf den Philippinen (literally, Three Saucy Bees in the Philippines)

English title: Cola, Candy, Chocolate (1979)

Ursula Buchfellner & Olivia Pascal starring

Plot Summary : After a nasty argument with her boyfriend Carl, young Gaby spontaneously accepts her girlfriend invitation to join her on a vacation to Manila. Her plans to forget about Carl succeed very rapidly as she meets Dr. Andreas Witzig, a young scholar who plans to marry his fiancee on the island. During the following days, Gaby tries her best to convince the man of her dreams to change his mind.

heheeh Share ko lang I guess nobody knws about this yet. There was an old movie entitled "PROBLEM CHILD" I cant remember if i was part 1, or three. But the grandfather said he is waiting for his mail to order bride from the philippines. Nobody mentioned this movie before in here so I guess nobody watched it before.

Another is a movie I think a few years ago... Im not sure about the tilte I thibk it's the ISland. They were doing a reality kind of thing and took the the most dangerous prisoners and dump them in an isand and they were supposed to k*ll each other( survival of the fittest) in exchange for their freedom. Well the island was supposed to be somewhere in indonesia I think but the guys fixing the sattelite spoked tagalog hehehee...... And there were 2 scenes in here that the workers were speaking and cursing in tagalog.....

Is that bad? Or its worse to see a comedy film trying to imitate Chinese and Japanese language by a pinoy comedian in a Pinoy film. What do you think a Japanese and a Chinese feel?

That's Ike Lozada in the middle of the scene with Uschi Buchfellner.

post-101504-1216655287.jpg

German title: Drei kesse Bienen auf den Philippinen (literally, Three Saucy Bees in the Philippines)

English title: Cola, Candy, Chocolate (1979)

Ursula Buchfellner & Olivia Pascal starring

Plot Summary : After a nasty argument with her boyfriend Carl, young Gaby spontaneously accepts her girlfriend invitation to join her on a vacation to Manila. Her plans to forget about Carl succeed very rapidly as she meets Dr. Andreas Witzig, a young scholar who plans to marry his fiancee on the island. During the following days, Gaby tries her best to convince the man of her dreams to change his mind.

Lucky, lucky....even Uschi's boosomen weren't enough to turn Ike hetero!!!

Maybe you were referring to The Condemned which starred WWE 'rassler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Brit footballer-turned-Hollywood-hardman Vinnie Jones.

Maybe you were referring to The Condemned which starred WWE 'rassler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and Brit footballer-turned-Hollywood-hardman Vinnie Jones.

The Condemned nga yang movie na yan.

Pinoy yung isa sa ninja turtles, sa TMNT movie, part 2 ata yun, yung Ninja Rap ni Vanilla Ice yung theme song.

Laure (aka Forever Emmanuelle) starring Annie Belle

post-101504-1216923867.jpg

Included in the cast are:

Bernardo Bernardo as Artemio

Antonio Carmelo Duena

Zenaida Ejansantos

Maria Victoria Abad Cruz

Eddie Joaquin as Arraya

Anna Maria Nicholas

Lita Vasquez

"A plot that hinges on the emotional and physical quest for both dominance and subservience to the sexual instinct that tears its way so passionately through the succulent characters, Laure is a surprisingly serious, morally thoughtful examination of free will and erotic choice. Seductive Annie Belle (BLACK EMMANUELLE, WHITE EMMANUELLE) plays the titular role of Laure, an emotionally and sexually adventurous young lady with raging hormones and legs that just can't stay closed. Her free-spirit and sexually radiant figure matches the bold moral philosophy of pleasure with which the subtext of the film truly concerns itself with. At the Manila Institute for research, scientists and tourists wax poetic about the 'Mara tribe,' who have an odd annual festival of rebirth. During this rite, some of the tribe forget who they are and begin life anew. Laure, daughter of the institute's director, captivates photographer Nicola, and soon after they indulge their kinks for voyeurism and sexual freedom, they team up with Gualtier, an anthropologist, and his lover, Myrte. Mating with just about every attractive man and woman she meets in the sultry city of Manila, Laure is happy to join the jungle expedition. Awkward beefcake Al Cliver plays a filmmaker with his customary deadpan aplomb, and neither the anthropologist or his lover are safe from Laure's amorous attentions. Taboos are broken as Laure discovers more cultural norms to break in her determination to experience the ultimate pleasure. The sweaty action soon leads Laure to a native tribe where she engages in " the most shocking act of all," participating in the Mara tribe's rites."

Edited by manny a. quito

Sa pelikulang Jar head sikat nanaman tayu sa kahihiyan, me na mention dun about "studying filipina mail order bride catalogs" Ewan ku mga movies na about tsimay, bakla at pokpok na pinalalabas natin sa abroad really reflects bad about us and also mga nag papaka tsimay at p#ta sa abroad di mag aral mabuti kaya napapahiya kahi natin