Philippine/filipino References In A Foreign Movie

Almost forgot, apparently when Superman returned, he did a bit of work here in Manila hehe

There's some unproven speculation on that soundbit from Superman Returns - that line overheard from the TV news - it changes depending on what city the film is being shown, e.g. if you're watching in HKG, then the sound bit will say "Superman was spotted in hong kong...etc". Quite an ingenious marketing gimmick, if you ask me.

• 3 weeks later...

there's an episode of "The OC" (3rd season) where Julie Cooper talks to a maid in her significant other's house...she tries to talk to her in Spanish and the maid just stares at her...then she replies, with a stern look on her face, "I'm from the Philippines." then walks away.

• 10 months later...
There's some unproven speculation on that soundbit from Superman Returns - that line overheard from the TV news - it changes depending on what city the film is being shown, e.g. if you're watching in HKG, then the sound bit will say "Superman was spotted in hong kong...etc". Quite an ingenious marketing gimmick, if you ask me.

This is confirmed, they change the news in every country running the movie

The Matador- pierce brosnan

yeah he said he f#&ke some hoes in manila before he be doin a "job"

Might not fit the bill but in the tv show 30rock.

Alec Baldwin saw Tina Fey in an outfit that kinda resembles one that GMA would wear...

He said thats how you should dress. Then Tina Fey replied: " Yeah if I was the president of the Philippines."

sa family guy, quaqmire ate lumpia and had sex with homo pinoys :evil:

Meron din nung nagtagalog si Stewie, and during Meet The Quagmires. :lol: For the Simpsons naman, there was Homer making up some equation regarding the end of the world, and he mentions "adding the number of Filipinos in the Bible."

Oh, and I noticed sa Star Wars, one of the Ewoks seemed to shout, "Ayon!"

* in the film "i not stupid" by singaporean director actor/director jack neo, there's this scene where the kidnapped chinese student was asking his kidnapper to put some butter on his bread to w/c the kidnapper respond: "i'm not your filipino miad".

* in the "rock", there's this guy in the kitchen of the fairmont hotel who got bumped by sean connery. he was yelling: "hayop!. p*tang ina mo! anak ka ng P*ta!"

* in "the sleeping dictionary", the male lead was asking his "sleeping dictionary" (played by jessica alba) to teach him speak the local dialect by translating the body parts he touches. and when he got to her breast, she said: susu.

Edited by kadafy

@ amante delsexo - i think what he was trying to say is that the singaporean movie "the maid" starred a pinay actress - alessandra de rossi. i guess the character ms de rossi played is quite obvious. . .

another movie: "grandma's boy". the lead actor's "roomie" lost all the rent money because he spent all of it at a pinoy massage parlor :lol:

The Shield - Detective Vic Mackey said that most of the people in cockfighting arenas were Mexicans and Filipinos.

E-Ring - One episode where the setting was in Basilan. Philippine Army troops and CIA agents hunting the Abu Sayyaf.

Family Guy - Brian's gay cousin, who of course is a dog said his partner is Filipino. Referred to himself as rice queen.

Edited by sukie

In the movie 'The Bachelor' (1999 - Renee Zellweger and Chris O'Donell), during a one scene in which Renee and Marley Shelton were dancing with some Latino-looking guys - she mentioned they had downed 20 San Miguel's....

although not mentioning the Philippines in particular - it did refer to one of our most visible products - San Miguel

sa jay leno, they went to the auditions of who wants to be a super hero, and there's a babe who says she's "basura girl", tagalog for trash

Saw this too, though doubt it...

"Basura" is actually Spanish for garbage.

And since the girl is probably from LA, it is more likely related to Mexico rather than the Philippines.