Philippine/filipino References In A Foreign Movie

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dunno if the following have been mentioned already but here goes...

in the movie adaptation of Hellblazer (Constantine), the first demon John Constantine encounters in downtown LA speaks Tagalog...

in the book, "BORAT: Touristic Guidings to Minor Nation of U.S. and A. and Touristic Guidings to Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan", Borat mentions that his country's top pop artist spends half a year in Kazakhstan and half a year in the Philippines---not to enjoy good food and sunshine but to have to have constant access to cheap young boys.

off Jay-Z's first record:

Fresh to def in Moschino, coach bag

lookin half black and filipino fakin no jacks

and of course, I'm sure y'all heard it already...

I’m Miss American Dream since I was 17

Don’t matter if I step on the scene

Or sneak away to the Philippines

They still gonna put pictures of my derrière in the magazine

You want a piece of me?

You want a piece of me…

Edited by gift_of_game
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

naked weapon

supposedly ayon sa story iba't ibang bansa nangyari

kaso a closer look makikita mo na puro filmed in manila

sa unang scene pa lang: yung assasin boss umupo sa outdoor cafe na may nakalay na sign "ccp", yung hotel na pinuntahan ng hotel ay obviously manila hotel, yung mga agents sa car obviously naka-park sa manila cathedral. ayun sa story nasa europe dapat raw nangyari ito :upside:

In the movie "The Rock" during the chase scene, Sean Connery passed through a hotel kitchen then the head chef, OBVIOUSLY A FILIPINO, as he said, "hoy! p#tang %na mo! Ba't ka nandito? p#tang %na!" I was laughing my ass off upon hearing that.

Was it "The Rock" or "Underseige" (Steven Siegal)? :mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

yung first episode ng anime series na Black Lagoon, nung nasa East China Sea sila, may parating daw na scout sa Filipino Navy sa barko na ni-raid nila.

and yung sa Hong Kong movie na Legacy of Rage, yung sa scene na pinakita ni Michael Wong yung .357 pistol nya kay Brandon Lee. sabi nya sa Philippines daw nya nakuha yon

• 4 weeks later...

dun sa "The Sphere"..nakakita ng trash bin si samuel jackson then binasa niya yung naka-engrave sa gilid.."BAZURA!!!"

dun sa isang episode thin ng Alias, can't remember kung anong season..

saka sa dante's peak..pierce brosnan cited mount pinatubo's eruption..

dun sa naked weapon starring maggie q... opening scene sabi sa subtitle ay "rome" pero obvious ang manila hotel at anila cathedral..then yung mga femme assasins ang training nangyari sa laguna..