Guitar Talk

Which brand of guitar do you prefer ba? Personally for me I prefer a guitar that is flexible, durable and sounds awesome. If I have all the money in the world I would buy all the guitar I want. But since we are not that well budgeted I would prefer a guitar that will do for most of the genres that I will play, and for me one of the best flexible guitar that I will want is a Japan or Us made Ibanez RG series. Because yung pickup niya at H/S/H at 24 fret with a floyd. Kahit 22 to 24 fret songs pwedeng pwede. Maganda ang tunog at hindi masyadong mataas ang price. :thumbsupsmiley:

As always, I'm old school so my most favorite axes are a Gibson Les Paul Custom ( recently acquired ) and my Fender Stratocaster.

The Les Paul Custom is like an extension of my arms and fingers as it feels so right for me and playing is truly effortless. I am basically a child of the blues and the Les Paul Custom allows me to express myself easily. The sweet "Woman Tone" popularized by Clapton is truly an emotional vehicle for letting one's self go in a solo. The PAFs do their job well and the the solid mahogany body equates well with the ebony fingerboard as opposed to Standard Les Pauls which sport a thin maple top over the maple body and has a rosewood board.

The Strat, however-- is more flexible as I had it rewired so that now it gives me 7 sounds instead of the standard 5. The rewirign work done is simple and easy to return to original state. A simple turn of the middle tone knob turns on the neck pick up --whichever way the pickup switch is on. This means that aside from the usual neck, neck+mid, mid, mid+bridge and bridge setting--- Now i also have a NECK+BRIDGE and lastly NECK+MID+BRIDGE.

Rock on! :D

Which brand of guitar do you prefer ba? Personally for me I prefer a guitar that is flexible, durable and sounds awesome. If I have all the money in the world I would buy all the guitar I want. But since we are not that well budgeted I would prefer a guitar that will do for most of the genres that I will play, and for me one of the best flexible guitar that I will want is a Japan or Us made Ibanez RG series. Because yung pickup niya at H/S/H at 24 fret with a floyd. Kahit 22 to 24 fret songs pwedeng pwede. Maganda ang tunog at hindi masyadong mataas ang price. :thumbsupsmiley:

I have high respect for Ibanez because of its rep*tation for having one of the best necks, be it the shredder types or the jazz boxes. I'm very grateful to Audiophile for distributing these wonderful axes in the Philippines and pricing them fairly. I actually got my Ibanez Artcore AM73 (The transparent brown slimmer ES-335 copy shown in my earlier post) for less than P20k. Although it costs 1/6 of the original Gibson and is China-made, I'd prefer this anytime over the Epiphone Dot for its durability, fast neck, better sounding pickups, and the very attractive white bindings.

I have an IbanezAF75 which I got from Audiophile for less than 20Th early this year.

The guitar is well made--considering it's price-- as it has 2 Humbuckers, tailpiece, multiple bindings on front, back and sides. Even the F-holes have binding son them. Can't go wrong with this guitar. Medyo mabilis lang mag feedback due to the hollow structure -unlike the Gibson 335 types which solved this problem by placing a block of wood in the center of the body.

As it is, the guitar is built and designed foir Jazz and not to rock out--although Ted Nugent would disagree with that as he plays a Gibson Byrdland that feedbacks like crazy.

He found a use for the feedback though, as he employs the feedback constantly in his solos.

:cool:

I have high respect for Ibanez because of its rep*tation for having one of the best necks, be it the shredder types or the jazz boxes. I'm very grateful to Audiophile for distributing these wonderful axes in the Philippines and pricing them fairly. I actually got my Ibanez Artcore AM73 (The transparent brown slimmer ES-335 copy shown in my earlier post) for less than P20k. Although it costs 1/6 of the original Gibson and is China-made, I'd prefer this anytime over the Epiphone Dot for its durability, fast neck, better sounding pickups, and the very attractive white bindings.

i using ibanez right now. but still i crave for a US made guitar...wala lang :) its expensive but i guess its worth it. im hoping to get a US strat this time but you guy are right, medyo mahal sa yupangco. im also considering Ibanez prestige models, almost same price range and the hardware i believe is better than tha ordinary RGs. flexibility and value nakakagulo sa isip ko. gitara parang babae! hahaha thanks for the advice bros! :goatee:

i using ibanez right now. but still i crave for a US made guitar...wala lang  :) its expensive but i guess its worth it.  im hoping to get a US strat this time but you guy are right, medyo mahal sa yupangco. im also considering Ibanez prestige models, almost same price range and the hardware i believe is better than tha ordinary RGs.  flexibility and value nakakagulo sa isip ko. gitara parang babae! hahaha thanks for the advice bros!  :goatee:

No pro dude. Actually I'm also saving up for an Ibanez RG 2570ex prestige 60k +. Hope we can buy the guitar we want. Take care dude. :thumbsupsmiley:

I also like that guitar, but the rg 2570ex is really better because it has a prestige neck and better floyd system.  :thumbsupsmiley:

sir, i think they are most likely identical. both have prestige necks, basswood body, jumbo frets and edgro pro system. the only difference is that 2570e has sharktooth inlays and dimarzio pick ups. il go for the 1570...mahal para sakin yun 2570 hehehe nice choice though.

ask ko lang. have you tried jacksons? meron daw sa yupangco. im also cosidering jacksons if i really couldnt afford to get a fender. :rolleyes:

sir, i think they are most likely identical. both have prestige necks, basswood body, jumbo frets and edgro pro system.  the only difference is that 2570e has sharktooth inlays and dimarzio pick ups.  il go for the 1570...mahal para sakin yun 2570 hehehe nice choice though. 

ask ko lang. have you tried jacksons? meron daw sa yupangco. im also cosidering jacksons if i really couldnt afford to get a fender.  :rolleyes:

Nope, hindi sila identical. I already tested it yung RG 1570 ay may malaking difference kaysa sa RG 2570. Iba yung size ng neck. Ang identical ay ang Rg 2550 at RG 2570, may pickguard lang yung RG 2550 at walang shark tooth. I like jackson din, masarap gamitin pero satingin ko hindi ko type yung floyd nila. I like ibanez better, thou kung may extrang pera ako gusto ko din ng Jackson pero DKMG. :cool:

Others might be interested to know that Jackson and Charvel have been acquired by Fender a couple of years back. The brands were then owned by Akai.

I guess Fender has been trying to cover the differnt areas of guitar playing which Fender and Squiers are not known for. Fender also owns now th Gretsch brand.

Yupangco carries the Jackson brand as they they are the sole distributors here of anyting Fender. I think they let go of the Gibson distributors agreement as the brand was too costly and did not move as fast.

Sayang nga as I was too late in getting the Cherry Sunburst Epiphone Les Paul that I saw in their Robinson's place branch. I wanted to buy it but decided to wait for the sale. When I came bcak, it was gone and turns out it was the last one in their stock.

Additionally, Gibson, BTW, owns Steinberger-that headless wonder!

Cheers! :D

Galing ng Strat na ito!

The AM Deluxe series come with the wonderful S1 Switching System which gives the player the option to switch from Parallel to series wiring for the pickup. Of course, such a sytem gives out more sounds!

Pareho tayo ng gusto. I'm partial to black Strats although the Red Version is not bad either.

The tinted pickguards add so much to the over look!

Look at its beaty :thumbsupsmiley:

Galing ng Strat na ito!

The AM Deluxe series come with the wonderful S1 Switching System which gives the player the option to switch from Parallel to series wiring for the pickup. Of course, such a sytem gives out more sounds!

Pareho tayo  ng gusto. I'm partial to black Strats although the Red Version is not bad either.

The tinted pickguards add so much to the over look!

Hehehe! 00 nga e. Ang ganda tlga niyan. Atsa ka Ibanez na 2550egk ang isa pang gusto ko. Ito siya! :thumbsupsmiley:

post-77889-1126238219.jpg

nakita ko yun js30 kanina di ko alam yun price pero naka floyd. yun dk2 ok yun neck and its around 39k ata i would settle for the RG1570 hehehe mas ok yun hardware ng ibanez IMHO lang po. i also asked about the fender american series (which im currently craving for) which cost insanely 70k!!! from a distributor and 80k for deluxe hayyyy :( wag naman ganyan mga sir mahirap ang buhay hehehe

Naka floyd na ba yun? kc madaming model ang JS 30 eh, dapat JS30DK Dinky. Ganun pala made in india, may mga made in us kaya sila? :cool:

Yep naka-Floyd na siya. Di maganda yung pagkaset-up kasi mataas yung action & the pick-ups sound like crap. Yun lang JS30 ng Yupangco kaya di na nila nilagyan ng Dinky designation. They just brought in 3 models. Yung JS30 plus Jap made Kelly's & Dinky's.

Wala US made na Jackson na binibenta ang Yupangco ngayon. Hanggang Jap made lang sila. Pag magbenta yung Yupangco ng US made na Jackson, siguradong super mahal kasi ang lakas nilang magpatong. Siguro mga 150K pataas yung price ng US Jacksons. Mas mahal pa yung price nila sa SRP ng manufacturers. Buti pa Audiophile kung magpresyo mas mababa sa SRP & they compete w/ the online stores. Salamat sa Audiophile.

Edited by Dr.Love

Just tried the "controversial" Jackson Dinky models this morning at Perfect Pitch Megamall. I have to say these axes are ideal for Shredders. However, with the high price and few models available, I'd rather get an Ibanez RG or Gio and have it modified with EMG humbuckers. Didn't like the Jackson FR bridge as well. With Yupangco's bad rep for overpricing, hell I won't buy this guitar from them!

Thank heavens for Audiophile. I usually visit the Pioneer branch across Robinsons Place. Suki ako ni Boss Lito. Ok kausap yun pagdating sa mga gitara.

Guys sino sa inyo nakapunta na sa Australia? Ok ba pricing ng mga gitara dun?