Guitar Talk

hahaha matibay yun valvestate bro but coz its been with me for a long while there are problems with some of the pots.  im planning to get line 6 or peavey's transtube. mura kasi hehehe

Dude maganda yung line 6 na amp, masgusto ko pa yung tunog niya kesa sa mga bagong marshall ngayon... pero depende tlga sa model kasi yung ibang marshall maganda din...

Speaking of amps i had a chance to test a line6 spider2 (during the handong sale) and it blew me away kinda cheap na rin, nung sale ofcourse, it was at 20K you get a 75watt guitar amp with 12"celestion speaker different types of overdrive and effects and 4 programmable channels plus a free footswitch, w/c costs around 4k alone, sayang la lang ako cash but will definitely get one. :cool:

For cheap but powerful amps try laney's, british made amps tend to sound fatter than us ones and most musicians are not aware of the power brit amps have. Well all depends on the type of music you play anyway for hard rock heavy metal ones, go for laney's, crate, randall or line 6.

with a regular joe like me who earns a measly pay barely enough to feed my family, i've been considering zoom effexts due to financial constraints. i heard opinions, however, that zoom effects are not that good... can you guys please enlighten me. what seems to be wrong with this digital effects brand? thanks.

for me zoom seems to have a really digital sound, quite artificial and the pause with changing the banks are a bit long so you get a long silence before you get to a bank, used to own a zoom never really liked it, but one thing i like about zoom is they have the best acoustic simulations i've heard. go for korg or digitech...well since were are in the topic i'm selling my digitech rp300a for 10k anyone interested just see my add at bidshot.com thanks

wala naman cheap na maganda eh if ican get those boogies and plexies, why not??? line 6 is ok! na try ko din hehehe

i would have to agree...bro kung kaya mo yun digitech dun ka na lang meron din naman entry level yun korg im also using korg ok din naman yun sound. zoom kasi over processed yun tunog in my ops lang ha. getting a good gear is an investment as well. try getting the better stuff para hindi ka magsisi or better get a used one then you start analyzing things from there on or better yet manghiram ka muna :)

Pre amp booster

Boost the volume and shape the sound of any instrument, or switch to turbo mode when playing solos. You can boost up piezo pickups to match regular amplifier inputs. Dedicated Gain, Bass and Treble controls are included for effortless sound shaping. We’ve included a status LED for effect On/Off and battery check, and you can run your PB100 on a 9 V battery or a DC power supply (not included). For absolutely noise-free operation, a first-class electronic On/Off switch is integrated.

DI box

Whether you’re recording or on stage, you need a reliable DI box to get your guitar sound to the console with full dynamics and power—and without noise. Engineered for electric guitar, our GI100 features a switchable speaker simulation designed by Juergen Rath that so realistically emulates a 4 x 12" cabinet you may never need to mic your speakers again

let explain simple terms, the preamp booster simply put boosts your gain with and added eq bass and treble. the di box is used in between your amplifier and your mixer. set up goes guitar -amp-di box-mixer, generally the pupose of this gadget is to relay the same input signal you get from your guitar&amp to the mixer, as there can be losses in the signal from your amp to the mixer. this also features a cabinet simulation 4 X 12".

i've been to behringer megamol last night... tested their X-vamp, also tested some zoom at JB. the X-vamp sounded clean pero parang "mababaw" ang tunog, i mean parang kulang sa gain. i've been there for around ten minutes lang siguro so i could be wrong with my assesment and baka di ko lang na explore masyado yung features nya. tapos pangit pa yung guitar na nandun kaya siguro ganun. zoom naman, sounded ok for really heavy music pero oo nga, it sounds so digital. i'll bring my guitar to behringer one of these days to test how the x-vamp sound like with it. cant' make up my mind yet.

and btw, excellent customer service sa beringer hehehehhe

i really suggest, you bring your own guitar amp even if possible when testing a gadget...when i bought a zoom a long time ago we tested it on a hammer w/ duncan pick-ups thru a marshall valvestate as expected it sounded eally good and a bit different with my set-up then.

When i bought and amp i brought my guitar to choose which really sounded good with it, bottom line is choose equipment that will compliment your gear.