Eraserheads

Calhoun

did u guys watch asap fanatic yesterday? tumugtog ung mga artists ng ultraelectromagneticjam then interview with the orig eheads. then sa last part kumanta ung band ni ely.

yup.. i watched it yesterday.. ganun kagaling ang eraserheads, their songs ang sarap ulit - ulitin kantahin at pakinggan... i mean songs huh that means they produced a lot of hit singles! phenomenal and simply the greatest pinoy band ever

Bamboo single-handedly revived the pinoy rock scene...

Hmmm...

Eraserheads ba kumanta dun sa commercial na

"Anong meron ang taong happy?..." :goatee:

I wouldn't give that much credit to Bamboo. Yung unang fans naman kasi nila yung fans ng dating Rivermaya and Passage. Plus, pumatok din sila sa crowd ng mga kupaw (slapshock, cheese, etc). The Pinoy rock scene has always been active, nasapawan lang sila ng mga acoustic singers and inane dance hits.

And I think Itchyworms yung kumanta ng "Taong Happy", yung theme song ng Enervon.

My all-time favorite album from the Eraserheads? Ultraelectromagneticpop!

Raw sounds. Parang take-one recordings. :cool:

Narinig ko yung isang song from Pupil. Its a catchy song. Sounds like an Eraserheads song talaga.

No chance of them reuniting. Hanggang CDs na lang tayo. :lol:

Potah de ja vu toh ah! :boo:

I was in college when the Eheads bursted into the scene…i had a classmate who keep telling me he used to jam with the Eheads minus Ely back in Nueva Ecija (Viscaya …err di ko na matandaan) He even made me listen to one of their demo tapes….so the story went and I fell in love with them. I like to write songs and back then I had this bad taste for writing OPM music because of its lack of something I dunno…until I heard "Pare Ko" and to give credit where credit is due, "Ulan" by Rivermaya…..

So ayun, totally nagiba ang outlook ko sa OPM. I realized na wala pa lang bounderies ang Filipino Music, well u can't blame me coz' back then puro pang-jukebox at ibang superbaduy na songs na lang ang naririnig ko…nakita ko ang pagiging freespirited ng music nila at yung pagiging genuine nung lyrics….nakarelate ako sa mga messages na kanilang ipinarating….It was then that I started writing tagalog songs and I will not go into account how I got succesful with some of them but one thing I can tell you though, It was because of the Eheads.

Those days, Eheads at Rivermaya lang talaga ang local acts na I look forward to…no more, no less….both had great songs…where the latter was amazing at concerts, the former had monster releases….Pagrelease nung Cutterpillow, it was evident that they pulled away from the rest of the pack.

To this day, I will never forget how I used to bang my head whenever I hear Magasin and Alapaap being played. I will always remember how I cried once about lost opportunities upon hearing Torpedo. I will always reminensce how my heart beat faster than any man on earth when I first heard Ely utter the lyrics to Fill Her. Hanggang ngayon barkada song ko pa rin ang Minsan…and yes, who wouldve forgotten the song Pare Ko, a song where I ended up in a police station after my drunken stupor led me to instigate a brawl with certain local residents. Man, those were the 90's. Those were the Eheads. Those were the times of my life…..Thank you Guys.

Trivia: Everytime I had sex, my ex would play "Ang huling El Bimbo". Unto this day, I dunno why….must be that Japayuki itch.

Edited by Batabatuta™

EHEADS rule the music industry of the 90's!

But when they disbanded, it was so sad, because ppl are expecting more alternative tunes from the eheads... and then they produce a "techno music like" in thier last album which by the way was not that good compare to the rest of thier compilation.

So, my question is.. why did they disband? is tit more of personal reason or carrer move?

EHEADS rule the music industry of the 90's!

But when they disbanded, it was so sad, because ppl are expecting more alternative tunes from the eheads... and then they produce a "techno music like" in thier last album which by the way was not that good compare to the rest of thier compilation.

So, my question is.. why did they disband? is tit more of personal reason or carrer move?

nung umalis c ELY , ang reason nya kse SAWA na sya at ayaw na nya, out of control na rin daw

nung nagDISBAND cla, narealize na kse nilang 3(buddy,raimund, marcus)

na "THERE is NO SUBSTITUTE for the REAL thing"

pakinggan mo yung SUPERPROXY2k6 ni francism , c ely naman ang nagRAP dun

tama ung nasabi nung isang kasama, nakuha kasi nila ang pulso ng tao + sa isang interview with NU107, Buendia said na he considered the band to be a folk band, the way Juan De La Cruz Band captured teh sentiment ng mga Pinoy nung 70's... That kind of style medyo faded with the years... Medyo nagiging dark ang music nila (grown-up?) na.