Eraserheads

Calhoun

• 1 month later...

dati wen we wer in elem, kami nung friend ko were collecting tapes. i collected rivermaya, up to atomic bomb lang. sya eheads, complete pati carbonstereoxide and yung fruitcake EP. those were the days...

galing talaga nila gumawa ng kanta. influence ko din sila sa pagbabanda ko, kasi its was that time nung sumikat sila that i learned to play the guitar.

too bad a reunion ain't possible na...

remember ultraelectromagneticjam? walang remake ang sandwich at cambio.

foreigner ba ang eraserheads?

local band poh ang eheads... e2 cla

post-86428-1167209534.jpg

band line up:

* Ely Buendia - lead vocals, rhythm guitars (sya ung nakaupo)

* Raimund Marasigan - drums, samples, percussions, back-up vocals (sya ung naka green shirt)

* Marcus Adoro - lead guitar, back-up vocals (sya ung nsa likod nasa likod ni raymund)

* Buddy Zabala - bass guitar, back-up vocals (sya ung may tinuturo)

ang kwento daw jan...me gig daw dapat sila...wala pa si ely, sila na susunod dapat, nung dumating, sabi ni raymond, san nanaman kau nanggaling(kasama ni ely ang road manager at dalawang pa ata).umikot nanaman kayo(meaning nagpagulong). nagkasagutan. nag walk out...text si ely ke buddy, sabi, i'm out...

ang kwento ng kaibigan ko, me karamdaman ata ang wife ni ely, on medication, sabi cancer daw...daw ha! he's just helping his wife out...kaya wala palagi sa practice at gig si ely...

yaan mo pagnakita ko si raymond, tanung ko side niya... :D

hoping for reconciliation...dapat lang na mabuo uli sila...

si markus nga pala his living his dream, "surfing"...last nakita ko siya sa t.v., nasa ilocos...matagal na niyang sinabi yun sa interview...na gusto nyang matutong magsurf...

I miss Eraserheads talaga grade school ako ng una kong mapakinggan ang kanta nila and ang una kong nakabisadong lyrics eh yun alapaap!!! sayang nga at nag disband sila kkapanghinayang talaga!!

sa nagsabi pala na ang voice of ely buendia sucks.... eh i don't think so kasi kung ganun nga boses nya bakit sila tumagal ng 13 years... and to think of it almost all of their songs is his compositions... ok si ELY sya lang yun talagang na misunderstood dhil sa pag disband nila...

pero tingin ko naka move on na silang lahat eh.. masaya naman na sila sa knilang respective bands... pero si raimund yun banda nyang sandwich parang hndi sya bagay sa vocals and yun mga gimik nya sa mga gigs nila eh parangdi bagay sa personality nya... and the way he acts... like nun MTV Pilipinas napanood ko kelan lang di ko nagustuhan yun performance nya... yun lang talaga masasabi ko di bagay kay RAIMUND ang maging vocalist ng isang banda...

nga pala si MARCUS napanood ko few weeks ago He is happy on his new loved "SURFING" nasa ILOCOS ata yun...

sana mag karon sila ng reunion ALBUM or CONCERT man lang... pero tingin ko malabo na eh ksi parang pag iniinterview bawat isa sa knila eh parang iwas sila sa isat-isa...

lapit na pala yun UTRAELECTROMEAGNETICJAM VOL.2...

E'Heads the beatles of rhe Philippines!!

THE BEST!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ely Buendia Got Heart Attacked...

By: Dr. Day Cabuhat Manager of Pupil Band {Ely Buendia}

HEY GUYS!

lets get just a teeny bit medical, now that this is all over shall we?

let me break it down for you all in simple terms, just so you have abit of a clearer view of just what went down in the past three days, in conclusion.

1. everything that orville posted on eheads group is essentially accurate in a factual sense, medically speaking, but again, any medical/surgical condition varies patient to patient, depending on the factors of each individual.

2. In the case of Ely, he is not a textbook case, nor even remotely similar to the case of our beloved Noel nor other cardiac patients.

3. As per our surgeon, Dr Wilfred Dee, who is reknowned in the medical field beyond question, the following conclusions have been made:

a. given elys age and his physical status, it was baffling to nearly all doctors and affiliated medical/.surgical personnel that what happened occured to him. He is a social drinker (wine being the drink of choice, and on occasion at that) and a very rare smoker (doesnt even carry a pack of smokes or a lighter).

b. they had deduced, based on medical findings, that the onset of the acute myocardial infarction was probably mid-set during the performance. 30 minutes or so into the set, only half of his heart was receiving appropriate blood supply. One artery was nearly 100% occluded and the other, 90%, and as later findings show, there was a third artery also partially occluded. The mere fact that his body handled that condition , and still capable of performing , is a miracle in itself. Attesting his physical strength and needless to say, his willpower, resolve and commitment to a performance.

c. It was concluded that primarily, Ely is genetically predisposed to the condition. The condition being the arterial blockage of cholesterol plaques. nabara ang said arteries with cholesterol build-up, blocking blood supply to certain muscles of his heart, specifically at the base area. that is where the heart attack occured, at that location. The build-up occurred through time.

d. Smoking is a causative factor in all cardiac patients, in Ely's case, being a rare smoker, it is SECOND HAND SMOKE. PASSIVE SMOKING, which, as you all know, is more dangerous than smoking itself because of inhalation of UNFILTERED SMOKE. CHRONIC EXPOSURE, by nearly 15 years or so of performing and staying in smoke filled bars and venues and hanging around smokers contributed to the condition or being pre-disposed.

e. LIFESTYLE. entertainers are subjected to eating alot of restaurant and producer provided foods which are mostly fried and rather greasy to say the least. also, these foods are sodium (salt heavy) and MSG ridden, which, as you all know, is no longer used in many countries of the world, but our country still has it in most resto and fast food meals. Again, 15 years of this can do anyone in.n Its more veggies for Ely and avoidance of the greasy meals which are everywhere. Stick to grilled, steamed and broiled foods. In short, dietary modification.

f. Sleepless nights, work and performance pressures, commitments and the stress of public and media issues may add to the stress. But no, and i mean CATEGORICALLY no, is the stress of any situation with his three former bandmates. As I have said before, and as we all know, its now a situation of peace, and all members adhere to this. They are content and happy with their lives and are focused on their current bands, projects, commitments and most of all, their families. No one on their end dwells on the past, especially not in a negative manner.

I sincerely hope that by sharing this, we all learned a little something. I certainly did, and it is my prayer that we all continue to live our lives to the fullest, protect ourselves and our loved ones to the best of our capabilities and to continue to support our musicians, for now...after the crisis...... .THE MUSIC LIVES ON. Mabuhay to all OPM musicians, Ely, Raimund, Buddy and Marcus....and Mabuhay ang mga supporters like yourselves, because without you, there wouldnt be a music industry.

Peace, love........ and yes......... .ROCK AND ROLL!

Dr. Day Cabuhat

• 1 month later...

"Tikman Ang Langit" The Eraserheads Book

Description: Kulay orange na book, may "shadowy" picture ng eheads saka isang sarao

jeepney na may sign na "OVERDRIVE" sa itaas.

Collection siya ng mga essays, from the perspective of fans, observers and

friends.

Compiled by melvin calimag and jing garcia

Foreword by robin rivera

Essays by:

abigail ho

chong ardivilla

claire maneja

edwin sallan

erwin oliva

faye ilogon

jing gaddi

ging garcia

joel pinaroc

joey alarilla

julio dela cruz jr

marco abella

vernono sarne

vincent babacan

Edited by ces rodriguez

Php 180 siya, available at national bookstore and powerbooks nung mga

nakaraang araw (mabilis maubos eh cyempre!!!)

Eheads Rules...

• 2 weeks later...

I have read the book and i will be doing a review to be posted on my blog. Lagay ko d2 ung link kpag ntpos ko n ung review. One thing i can say is while i was reading the book i cant help but look back at those days na buo pa ang eheads. how their songs make an impact on me and influenced me a lot. Miss this guys but i think it just shoes that they were never in it for the fame and money kc kung gnun lang d cla mgdidisband and pagtyatyagaan nila ung differences nila.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys, what's that EHeads Magazine that came out almost 10 years ago? Fanzine or something? I still have that Kiddie Book, the one written by Jessica Zafra " Fruitcake" nga ba yung title? Whatever. I'm kindy rusty. It's still in my old room back in parent's house. Still there, didn't trash the dang thing ever since i got married several years back. Long Live, Casa Fantastica.