Eraserheads

Calhoun

I think its waaaay more than a misunderstanding.

There was an issue of Pulp last year which had a story on Ely Buendia and the rest of the Eheads. Anyway, the article accused the rest of the Eheads of taking an unfair share of the money. Pulp published this without checking out if the accusation had merit and didn't even bother to get the rest of the band's story. When Raimund and the rest of the ex-Eheads found out, they were rightfully pissed, because they never took more money than what was given to them. I remember reading an SMS circulating around (which supposedly came from one of the Eheads) that denied the story and pretty much told Ely to leave the rest of them alone.

It's a pretty ugly breakup, since its Ely vs the rest of the band. The chances of them getting back together are pretty much nil. Oh well, we still have their albums to listen to again and again and again.

in a way, the eheads were the beatles of the philippines. their music was unique, especially if viewed from their contemporaries. the only one which had matching wit was yano, but they couldn't sustain it.

sayang, pati pala breakup style ng beatles nakuha nila. :( for a while it was paul mccartney vs john, george, and ringo.

E-HEads? :blush: sino ba nman ang di makakakilala sa knila? :rolleyes: i was just in highschool ng sumikat sila...and all of their songs hit the chart, :cool: sayang at nabuwag na sila. :( ...wala kasing pedeng pumalit sa vocalist, iba pa rin si ELY :thumbsupsmiley: ...i remember fave song ko before is "with a smile" :D that was song was dedicated to my crush :wub: before..ooohh..nothin' just reminiscin... :P
  • 2 weeks later...

i always thought about them. when i was in highschool i am a

fan but never saw them perform live. :( :(

when they were falling apart, i have to admit, i didnt like their music

anymore. pero na miss ko na rin sila kaya heto sana mag reunite sila.

minsan tinatanong ko sa sarili ko kung how much am i willling

to pay just to watch them reunite and perform again. somewhere

really cool and intimate like music museum or aliw theater

kaso sigurado di kakayanin sa dami ng tao.

wish ko nga pag ganoon nga,

sana walang capitalistic intervention masyado. baka mag

shoot sa atmosphere ung prices noon :P

ah, the Eheads....kwento sa aking nga kapatid ko, nung nagstart pa lang sila, malimit pa silang tumogtog sa UP Fair nun, at dahil nasa early 90s yun, bayad sa entrance sa fair ay P5-P15 pesos lang....ng pumasok ako ng UP, medyo sikat na sila nun, lumabas na Circus album nun...they also performed sa Freshmen Orientation Program, which they did almost every year....di nga lang maganda break-up nila, dun lang nakakapanghinayang talaga....yung naghiwa-hiwalay sila ng galit-galit...talagang galit-galit muna....

I Love the eHeads! I watched 2 concerts of these guys. I'm a band vocalist myself. Although we don't cover eHeads songs because my voice simply don't match their songs, I still love them.

What's the real reason of their break up ba?

And what's this new band of Ely called Pupil? Any sample song from them?

I Love the eHeads!  I watched 2 concerts of these guys.  I'm a band vocalist myself.  Although we don't cover eHeads songs because my voice simply don't match their songs, I still love them.

What's the real reason of their break up ba?

And what's this new band of Ely called Pupil?  Any sample song from them?

Dude there are some feedbacks in this topic. There are lots of stories but if you have watched the Show of Ricky Lo At & GMA the topic is about being a rebelde. Ely is one of them. I was not able to watch it bec i'm here in the office. To anyone jsut try if you can still catch the show.

Possibly we can find some answers there...

:headsetsmiley:

eraserheads... wow, grade school. kumpleto ko din albums nila pati anthology. favorite song, hard to believe.

comments lang sa previous posts...

if i remember correctly, raymund and marcus were at the rock awards, they just didnt go up with ely to recieve the award.

also, there was an article on PULP interviewing ely when they released the anthology album. ely still refused to talk about the band break up.

cambio is very different from the eheads. for one, cambio is just a side band of all the members. that would probably ensure that cambio will always be a "fun" band.

the eheads are one of the best alternative bands here in the phils. high skul pa lang ako mga 10 years ago eh nakikinig na ko sa mga songs nila. ngayon, pag naririnig ko ung mga songs nila sa radyo, i find myself singing to the song, even if matagal ko na syang di naririnig! its a pity umalis si ely b. sa eheads, sya heart and soul ng band eh.