• 3 weeks later...
Thanks.

Guys what are your takes on ATR KimEng Group, from what I have been reading their performance seem to be good...

I want to invest right now specially that bear-ish ang market...

I've been with ATR for quite some time now.. i would consider this company one of the majors.. complete with research team and newsletters..downside is wla online transaction unlike citisec..

luckily i opened my account with them (ATR) while i was still based cebu.. kaya kahit hindi ka bigtime, oks lng, relatively good customer service pa din

hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

Long-term investing in the stock market is one of the best strategies for growing your wealth. But to be successful, you need the time and expertise to select, combine and monitor the stocks in your portfolio. Managing a stock portfolio is a complex process that is best left to professional fund managers.

Recognized for its outstanding investment performance over the past 10 years, Philequity Fund (PEFI) is the best option for investors who want to invest in the stockmarket but do not have the time and expertise to do so. PEFI gives investors access to a diversified stock portfolio managed by some of the best equity fund managers in the country.

NAVPS Graph

pefi.bmp

Calendar Year Returns (%) as of June 27, 2008

Returns 2008

YTD 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003

PEFI -25.7 18.33 52.26 15.24 28.43 35.56

PSEi -31.9 21.43 42.29 14.99 26.38 41.63

Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR, %) as of June 27, 2008

10 years 16.46

5 years 17.61

3 years 12.94

Volatility of Returns / Annual Standard Deviation (+/- %)

YTD 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003

PEFI 18.2 23.7 15.7 16.7 14.9 11.9

PSEi 23.4 27.2 20.3 18.4 18.0 18.6

What are the rates for sales load and redemption? Any other fees?

Thanks

Philequity Fund, Inc

Investment Amount Sales Load

5,000 - 99,999 3.50%

100,000 - 249,999 3.25%

250,000 - 499,999 3.00%

500,000 - 999,999 2.50%

1,000,000 - 1,999,999 2.00%

2,000,000 - 4,999,999 1.50%

5,000,000 - 9,999,999 1.00%

10,000,000 - 20,000,000 0.50%

Investment Period Exit Fee

Less than one year 2.00%

One year - Less than two years 1.50%

Two years and up 0.00%

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest lustfortravel
So is it worth investing in MF's or bond funds nowadays??? Pls enlighten me.

depends on what your investment objective is. if you have a long-term horizon and are willing to take the fluctuations in the market price in the short term , you can probably look into fixed-income mutual funds. choose your MF carefully; look at the track records of the fund managers.it is during these times that you will see who the best fund managers are who are able to position themselves despite the adverse markets; the historical returns will speak for themselves.

frankly though, i don't see MF prices improving too much this year. i'd rather place in SDAs since they have guaranteed returns and wait until the market improves.

mas mild pa nga nagyon ang mga nangyayari kaysa nung asian financial crisis 1997..kasi noon maliit pa ang mutual funds kaya pag nag dump ang foreigners talaga wala sumasalo sa PSE ngayon kahit pa paano may local mutual funds na kahit pa paano ay nakaka tulong mag stabilize ng konti . dati pag bagsak talagang sumasadsad talaga.... tingnan natin pag natapos ang election sa us kung ano ang mangyayari kasi historically nag ra rally ang stock pag may bagong halal....sana nga..

• 7 months later...

whoa! antagal nang walang nagpo-post dito ah..

problem: I monitor my (philamlife) mutual funds' performance through the internet but their website seemed unaccessible for the past few months! where else (other websites) could I check?

thanks!

whoa! antagal nang walang nagpo-post dito ah..

problem: I monitor my (philamlife) mutual funds' performance through the internet but their website seemed unaccessible for the past few months! where else (other websites) could I check?

thanks!

You can see the mutual funds NAVPU at the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) website here:

http://www.pse.com.ph/html/MarketInformation/mutualfunds.jsp

Or at the Investment Company Association of the Philippines (ICAP) website here:

http://www.icap.com.ph/

If you have no internet access, you can view the daily NAVPUs in BusinessWorld.

Edited by Dr_PepPeR
  • 1 month later...
I have seen a steady gain the mutual fund I invested on since the start of 2009 (roughly 16% YTD). Does this mean the economy is now recovering and that it is time to put more investments?

I don't know what kind of mutual bond fund you are invested in, so I can't comment. The economy still is stagnant but that means a continuing regime of low interest rates. If you feel you made a gain, maybe it's time to redeem your shares and realize your income. Then you can make a decision where to reinvest your funds.

I don't know what kind of mutual bond fund you are invested in, so I can't comment. The economy still is stagnant but that means a continuing regime of low interest rates. If you feel you made a gain, maybe it's time to redeem your shares and realize your income. Then you can make a decision where to reinvest your funds.

Thanks sir. The mutual fund I invested on is MFMCP Kabuhayan Fund. It is a balanced fund. That is all I know. I still don't like to pull out my investment since I already suffered a big loss on that fund last year and the 16% gain for this year so far is not enough to recover and I am on a wait and see attitude. But if people will advise that it is now good to invest in this kind of fund, then I am willing to put a little more to try to recover my losses last year.

• 5 weeks later...

If you dont know anything about the stock market, its safer for you to invest in mutual fund. I do my own trading with my broker in the market, so far I'm lucky my stock portfolio is doing well. PX, EEI, Chib are slowly and consistently gaining. I missed out on web , meralco and meg.

Thanks sir. The mutual fund I invested on is MFMCP Kabuhayan Fund. It is a balanced fund. That is all I know. I still don't like to pull out my investment since I already suffered a big loss on that fund last year and the 16% gain for this year so far is not enough to recover and I am on a wait and see attitude. But if people will advise that it is now good to invest in this kind of fund, then I am willing to put a little more to try to recover my losses last year.

If it's a balanced fund it should have been going up since the start of the year. Stocks are starting to pick up so you may want to go out even if you have a modest gain.