We once had this ROTC trainer (the senior officer of our commandant) who once intimidated everybody with his imposing physique (as in) and with his stern demeanor.

But the moment he started telling us of his somewhat over-sentimental stories of his combat experiences in Mindanao, he started to become a bit mushy that we all listened with interest (he began sounding like a first-year high school student brooding over a rejection). He started to notice the undue attention, but then said, "OK lang, nakaka-miss lang talaga siguro ang Mindanao."

There you go :)

CAT=alpha squad, model team, napapalaban sa competitions and military police din at the same time. i was offered the ex-o post and highest post pero ayaw ko e, sayang ng other extra-curricular activities ko.

ROTC= NCO technical segeant, then naging master sergeant and finally sergeant major, to the consternation and discomfort of some ROTC officers. and the good thing was, hindi ako napahirapan (punched or kicked).

memories memories.

CAT: yong una dahil kasama sa mga "astig" (mistulang goons, hehe), pwede akong di umattend o napakalenient sa akin ng mga officers. takot sila dahil "aabangan" namin sa labas ng school :pirate: yong sumunod, member na ng glee club, kaya exempted sa CAT. :rolleyes:

ROTC: binayaran ko ang grades kaya ni minsan di ako umattend (gaya ng marami sa panahon ko non). nonsense ROTC, lalo na noon. 1 lang dito ang mas totoong baril napag-aaralan sa labas kesa sa kahoy na baril sa school :zorro: yong unang bayad ko pala (MS 11 ata yon?), tinakbo yong bayad ng 1 officer tapos walang grade ang ilang nagbayad. di na nagpakita, tumago na, wawa sya kung nahuli. kaya sumunod, siniguro na namin na may grade.

• 2 weeks later...

im not lifting my own chair, but wud u believe guys that i was an officer way back then.. i worked so hard to be with the COCC and took the risk to be a CAT officer.. one of the happiest moment of my life when i became S3 which is one of the highest rank in the chain of commands... hays.. i wish i can turn back time.. all i can say is sarap maging officer.. in our school before most powerful org and mas mataas pa s student council is the CAT oFficers.. hays kakamiss tlga!!

ako di ko makalimutan nung 10th day namin as officers sa CAT 1

10 TIMES namin need ikutin at mag jog sa football field!

everday kasi 1 plus 1 round yun

tapos yung candy relay na nalaglag ng nagpasa sa akin need ko damputin ng mouth ko sa field

nung ROTC days naman yung basa ang combat shoes dahil bnaha anf field at sobrang tirik ang araw sakit sa ulo at mamasa ang sapatos! bullshi* feelings plus na nahihilo ka na sa lipas ng gutom! hay those memories...

I remember my ROTC experience last 19 copong copong. Anyway, It was somewhere in Bulacan where we went through obstacle courses fired some blanks of M16 rifles and at the same time had a training unforgettable since we were all dirty clothed cadets yet we enjoyed every moment of it since we really went through what is called as BOOT CAMP!

:mtc: :mtc: :mtc:

-------------------------------

>>>>>>>View my Site<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• 2 weeks later...
im not lifting my own chair, but wud u believe guys that i was an officer way back then.. i worked so hard to be with the COCC and took the risk to be a CAT officer.. one of the happiest moment of my life when i became S3 which is one of the highest rank in the chain of commands... hays.. i wish i can turn back time.. all i can say is sarap maging officer.. in our school before most powerful org and mas mataas pa s student council is the CAT oFficers.. hays kakamiss tlga!!

uyy operations and logistics officer! hmm... =p

deputy battalion commander here. =)

• 2 weeks later...

nag bivouac kami ms 22 na ako noon sa fort boni ginawa natandaan ko noon naka us fatigue ako nagpagawa ako dati ng fatigue sa lawrence tailoring sa tapat ng ust langya ang kati sa katawan so nagswitch ako sa us fatigue noong ms 21 and 22 ako. so after the bivouac , ang baho ng us fatigue ko sumakay ako ng jeep pauwi ung mga katabi ko sa jeep di lumalapit sa akin. hahaha. nong second year kasi ako dinefer ko ung ms 21 kasi sa ust halos araw araw ka ng napasok kahit sundays devoted sa cmt w/c sux. so nong ms 21 ako kahit tapos na school year noon pinapunta pa kami sa fort boni for a couple of days. ang final day ung parade sa camp aguinaldo pinagparada ba naman kami ang bitbit namin m16 hahaha. well tiniis ko na lang after that sinabi ko sa sarili ko hindi ko linya military.

nag-quit kasi ako sa varsity team, so humabol ako sa CAT nung 3rd grading period

(we just had 3 grading periods sa school namin)

and I didn't know that they were so damn serious and bossy pagdating sa field (and to think na friend ko yung naging officer ko)

I wasn't used to wearing the ball cap pag nsa corridor lng

and she asked kung sino mga hindi nagsuot ng ball cap sa corridor, and I raised my hand too (I thought na honestly was the best policy... well, not for this case pala!)

and pinag-duckwalk nya kming so-called "violators"

grabe, if felt like my knees were gonna give up on me

2 days yun.. susmio!