Digital Cameras

i dont know about henry's, but watsons (and also mayer) offer very good prices.  i bought my canon s2is at mayer for only 25k.  i am going back there to buy a tripod.  when you buy your cam, i suggest you also buy rechargable batteries and charger, and also a high capacity memory card.  masarap mag picture picture e!

i think old model na ang a520..  you should go for the a610 or a620 if you want to stick with canon.

if ever sa memory card.. kailangan ba canon rin ung memory card

ko or will a generic do.( uhmm may generic ba?)

Edited by batang_yakult
if ever sa memory card.. kailangan ba canon rin ung memory card

ko or will a generic do.( uhmm may generic ba?)

Canon (as do ALL camera manufacturers) gets its memory cards from third party companies. They just put a Canon sticker on it. As for how "generic" you want to get regarding the memory card, it depends on your camera. An entry or mid-level camera has slow read and write times, so buying the fastest memory card out there is useless. If you've got a digital SLR, then it pays to get the more expensive memory cards (which allow faster reading and writing), allowing you to shoot at the max burst speed your camera can allow.

Canon (as do ALL camera manufacturers) gets its memory cards from third party companies. They just put a Canon sticker on it. As for how "generic" you want to get regarding the memory card, it depends on your camera. An entry or mid-level camera has slow read and write times, so buying the fastest memory card out there is useless. If you've got a digital SLR, then it pays to get the more expensive memory cards (which allow faster reading and writing), allowing you to shoot at the max burst speed your camera can allow.

you will want a high speed memory card when you use canon's high res 30fps movie mode, and also when you transfer the files from the card to your pc. if the a610 is like the s2is, for the best movie quality mode, 1 minute of video is about 120MB! so you definitely need a fast memory card for this. canon definitely has to improve on their movie compression method.

Most of the time, grey market yan. Binili abroad then pinasok dito. Di mo alam kung supported ng local service.

the canon digicams available in quiapo are normally supported by local canon warranty... but i think the nikons and other brands are not. they'll normally ship the deffective cams either to hk or singapore.

If you want to buy Digital Cameras and Accessories at a good price, better vist MAYER PHOTO (in Quiapo). I always end up buying all my cameras in this store because of its unbeatable price...

hi there.. i got mine at henry's cameras photo supply

they got the best price compared to avenue and watsons.

salamat sa lahat nung mga nagtya tyagang sumagot ng

mga tanong sa mga skeptic na katulad ko. :lol:

err. didnt checked with mayer.. sayang, kasi di ko na nakita

agad. hehe biruin mo for a meager budget, i bought a decent

canon bnew 4MP cam, a 256 MB memory card and

4 rechargable batteries. panalo :mtc:

yep. you should check this place out. :thumbsupsmiley:

hi there.. i got mine at henry's cameras photo supply

they got the best price compared to avenue and watsons.

salamat sa lahat nung mga nagtya tyagang sumagot ng

mga tanong sa mga skeptic na katulad ko.  :lol:

err. didnt checked with mayer.. sayang, kasi di ko na nakita

agad. hehe biruin mo for a meager budget, i bought a decent

canon bnew 4MP cam, a 256 MB memory card and

4 rechargable batteries. panalo :mtc:

yep. you should check this place out. :thumbsupsmiley:

How much did u spend for your Canon digicam? :)

if you're brand is canon, go to marvin plaza bldg sa p. tamo.

i think canon digital SLR cameras are the best.

as for point-and-shoots Canon IXUS.

for entry level cameras Canon Powershot series .... ang tindi pa ng model : Maria Sharapova

if you're on a budget, quiapo is the place to be.

wow di ka naman fan ng Canon.

well i bought a Canon kasi kahit ung

de film naming camera e Canon rin. sort of

brand loyalty na rin naman. :goatee:

Sony was a bit pricey so i opted for Canon :D

ANd yes. i can attest that indeed Quiapo can save you

a lot compared to the malls.

Edited by batang_yakult
  • 1 month later...
i dont know about henry's, but watsons (and also mayer) offer very good prices.  i bought my canon s2is at mayer for only 25k.  i am going back there to buy a tripod.  when you buy your cam, i suggest you also buy rechargable batteries and charger, and also a high capacity memory card.  masarap mag picture picture e!

i think old model na ang a520..  you should go for the a610 or a620 if you want to stick with canon.

ei... what can you say with the canon S2IS? is it good??? i mean, how's the performance?? how is it indoors?? in dark places??? is it better than sonydigicams like t7... m2... etc.....??? cause u see my sony digicams are stylish but i dont like its pic quality.....

• 3 weeks later...

the new canon powershot sd600 looks good

Featuring a 2.5 inch LCD, the steel-bodied Canon SD600 draws on original Digital Elph designer Yasushi Shiotani's 'box and circle' concept to achieve a classic look. The Canon PowerShot SD600 includes 6 Megapixel resolution, 3x optical zoom 35–105mm (35mm equiv.) with UA lens, DIGIC II, iSAPS and 9-point AiAF for fast, sharp results 16 shooting modes, My Colors in-camera photo effects, 30fps VGA movie clips with sound, high ISO Auto and ISO 800 for flash-free indoor shooting and widescreen (16:9) still image recording.

i have the sd450...i think this one is the upgrade :unsure:

http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/6/canon_powershot_sd600.jpg

I got my canon350D from Mayer at 49k, regular price at the mall is 59k so 10k savings, same warranty.  Di ito gray market, his cameras also come from the local canon distributor.

that's a good deal! what else is included? m thinking of getting as well.

btw, does anyone know where the service center of sony is? medyo nagloloko yung cybershot ko. nag-off biglaan & when i try to shoot something, mag revert to the picture preview mode

that's a good deal! what else is included? m thinking of getting as well.

btw, does anyone know where the service center of sony is? medyo nagloloko yung cybershot ko. nag-off biglaan & when i try to shoot something, mag revert to the picture preview mode

I think there's one in Cubao along P. Tuazon. Same building with a Mcdonalds and Chowking, malapit sa Shell.

There's also one in Makati, along Pasong Tamo Ext., malapit sa gate ng Dasmarinas village and katapat ng abandoned Save-a-lot building.

I just love my Canon Power ShotA620...specially for taking our own pics because the LCD screen can be swiveled around so you're actually seeing what you're taking. But it is bulky so I bought the Sony T9...not the best reviews but I liked it for the "pocketability".

I returned my Sony DSCPh 200 ...ata yun...it was a great price for a 7 megapixel but the design of the camera makes taking pics cumbersome...you can't get a good grip on it and you'll find your hand shaking while taking a picture...unless you can master holding up your other arm while taking a picture...good thing the store had a liberal return policy and I was able to return it with no problem even after 1 month of use.

I did some research before buying on cnet.com and

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews....very informative