Digital Cameras

Guys have a question here. Kasi I asked a friend kung ok lang ba yung mga digicams worth 6-8k tapos yung di ganong brand. Sabi ng friend ko stay away and dont buy daw ng mga ganun kasi resolution ako madadale.

Now Im asking you kung ano ba ang pinakamurang digicam na maganda kahit papano ang resolution? Can you post the

pic

specs

price?

Thanks pow.

Guys have a question here. Kasi I asked a friend kung ok lang ba yung mga digicams worth 6-8k tapos yung di ganong brand. Sabi ng friend ko stay away and dont buy daw ng mga ganun kasi resolution ako madadale.

Now Im asking you kung ano ba ang pinakamurang digicam na maganda kahit papano ang resolution? Can you post the

pic

specs

price?

Thanks pow.

If you are going to get a digicam that is worth 8K, why not save some more and you can get a canon camera, there is a canon power shot A430 that is sold for 11.5K, (pls check price at the stores) those are mall prices, if you will go to Hidalgo at the back of SM you can get that for a much cheaper price.

I have a Canon PowerShot A530, so far I love it!!!

Happy camera hunting... :D

If you are going to get a digicam that is worth 8K, why not save some more and you can get a canon camera, there is a canon power shot A430 that is sold for 11.5K, (pls check price at the stores) those are mall prices, if you will go to Hidalgo at the back of SM you can get that for a much cheaper price.

I have a Canon PowerShot A530, so far I love it!!!

Happy camera hunting... :D

Ah. Yang Canon Powershot A430 maganda na resolution niyan? Kung maganda naman and 12K (sa pricelist na tiningnan koh), ok narin yung price basta mganda e.

I take that suggestion ^_^

Ah. Yang Canon Powershot A430 maganda na resolution niyan? Kung maganda naman and 12K (sa pricelist na tiningnan koh), ok narin yung price basta mganda e.

iI bought a Canon A410 last February which is the ancestor of A430... so far it's really good knowing that it's got

a lot of features.. mejo maganda talaga competition against Sony Cybershot models, but the good thing is you

can buy SD cards or MMC cards for your memory and use it for other purposes unlike Sony Memory stick which

are purposely for Sony products only... If you want to buy cheap digicams always go for Canon or Nikon which

is worth your every penny...

I'm planning to buy a Nikon L3 or L4 which is also about the 7-10k range, any info about this? pls provide

anyi information regarding the L3 or L4 since it has more features than the Canon A430... they have a sale

right here in Malaysia now... Thanks a lot...

If your a newbie and you want to do a point and click shot then you should go with Nikon. Mega Pixel is not a biggie all you have to look is a cam with a shutter speed with no less than 1/2000 then you're cool.

As for Canon always remember if it's Canon then it must be good. Canon's lens are more expensive compared to Nikon.

Mini digital cams I prefer Nikon but when it comes to DSLR then you can't go wrong with Canon.

check it out here www.dpreview.com

before I bought my Canon A530 DigiCam I took the time of reading the reviews first, but its a good camera for a cheap price, resolution is good at 4 MegaPixels.

:cool:

For most users, anything over 4 or 5 megapixels is overkill. Most people won't appreciate the added resolution since they won't be doing blow-ups or large-format printing.

Stay away from the cheapo digicams, you'll only be wasting your money. Image quality is usually just the same as most phone cams, which in my book makes them unusable! Canon makes the most value digicams for me, followed by nikon. I recommend the Canon Powershot A-XX sereies (A65, A75, A95--basta yung double digit na A series). Sony is good, but not good enough to justify the added expense! I've tried a few digicams from pentax, olympus, and casio. They were generally OK. Not as user friendly Canon, but that may be because sanay na ako sa Canon.

In the end though, nasa user yan. Kung maganda nga camera mo pero di ka marunong gumamit, well...sayang lang.

directly at the back of sm quiapo. once you go out through sm. u would already see the stores. heard that hidalago is under renovation right now. not sure if it has started though. read it in the papers.

indeed Hidalgo is being renovated to be the photography capital of the Phillipines.

Canon S3 IS has the best bang for the buck. 12x zoon and a good image stabilizer plus a rotating LCD for difficult angle shots.

Though when buying a digicam one should also consider the extras that you have to purchase. Some essentials inlcude:

- a large capacity medium (most cameras have pitifully small memory media). 1GB to 2GB should be sufficient

- rechargeable batteries and a charger

- a carrying case

- a small tripod (initially, I never thought I'd need one)

I am selling my month-old S3 to step up to a Nikon D80 though.

Canon A95 - I am very satisfied with it.

I almost got a sony slim camera, but I change my mind to Canon after I noticed that pictures of subjects taken at about 20 feet away are fuzzy. The seller (ambassador appliances) told me that a lot of customers are turned off by the fuzzy pictures of sony.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't rely solely on camera reviews. Check out the camera hands on. Take a few shots to see if the features that you like (ie automatic backlight compensation) works the way that it is described in the camera reviews. Check if the pictures taken are sharp & clear at the subject to camera distance that you usually use (slim cameras usually funk at distances of 20 feet and beyond).

Question, I own a SONY W-5. I also have a Canon Selphy. I take pictures from my camera and have them printed with no problem. But when I tried to copy jpg's to my SONY Memory Stick from PC, I couldn't view them through my LCD, though I can see my copied pics via Windows Explorer when my camera is connected.

What is wrong, some compatability issue???