Digital Cameras

The superiority of Summicron's/Sonnars/Elmarits vs Nikkors has been proven long ago. From a price-performance standpoint though, the Nikkor lenses would be preferred by most people. The price disparity does not justify the marginal improvement in image quality (which most people do not see). Ah but a red dot is a red dot is a red dot...

The older Leica lenses really do stand out when compared to all the other lenses on the market...there's just something about the colors and sharpness that are different from other manufacturer's lenses. At first I thought it was just the film stock that made the difference, but even on the same kind of slide film, the Leica's images stand out.

Which brings me to the question...can the same be said of their digital cameras? I've yet to see any images produced by a Leica digital camera, so maybe you could give us a personal review or a sample?

Ok magkano?

Nabasa at nasira yung kodakC360 ko sa PEC :cry:

Kakabili ko lang ng EOS400D pero ayaw ko pala ng dslr, too bulky and kayang habulin sa adobe yung kuha.

My friend bought it for P15,000, that was April 2007 pa.

Bumili ka ng Canon EOS 400D??? How much na yan sa Hidalgo, bibili din kasi ako ng ganito this coming months???

Hello sirs,

My wife was thinking of getting a camcorder but after some thought she decided that a digital camera would be a better option. We are now looking for a camera that could take good videos, has decent zoom capabilities, definitely point and shoot and as small as possible. One option I casually came accross is the Canon Powershot TX1. Searched for it on the net and found the reviews to be so-so, although it does meet most of our requirements. The negative feedback is mostly due to its awkward vertical position and the placement of the buttons. I finally saw it today and its so small! It looks great but i kinda see what the negative reviews meant. It currently retails at around 26k plus in the malls, so that would mean it would probably cost around the low 20's in Hidalgo. I'm hoping you could weigh in some opinions about this camera or maybe suggest some alternatives with similar features.

Thanks.

Magkano Canon Powershot A550?? dun sa quiapo ba yun..

Ano ba yung iba't ibang uri ng batteries ng cameras. Gusto ko kasi yung battery na hindi yung aa type, yung battery sana na parang sa cellphone para madaling i-charge. May ganun ba hahaha

Dude, AA ang battery ang A550 I believe, not sure about the price as Hidalgo though.

Here's the deal:

AA

Inexpensive

Able to buy almost anywhere when battery runs out

Lithium

Expensive

By the way, do the shops in Hidalgo offer warranties honored in authorized service centers or are they just store warranties?

Thanks again.

Shops at Hidalgo offer Warranties, only 1 year.

Kung may defect ang item, dun mo lang pwedeng dalhin and they will replace it agad.

Don't worry about the quality, many well-known professional photographers buy at hidalgo (I have seen them) and also amateurs like me buy cameras and camcorders there.

Hello sirs,

My wife was thinking of getting a camcorder but after some thought she decided that a digital camera would be a better option. We are now looking for a camera that could take good videos, has decent zoom capabilities, definitely point and shoot and as small as possible. One option I casually came accross is the Canon Powershot TX1. Searched for it on the net and found the reviews to be so-so, although it does meet most of our requirements. The negative feedback is mostly due to its awkward vertical position and the placement of the buttons. I finally saw it today and its so small! It looks great but i kinda see what the negative reviews meant. It currently retails at around 26k plus in the malls, so that would mean it would probably cost around the low 20's in Hidalgo. I'm hoping you could weigh in some opinions about this camera or maybe suggest some alternatives with similar features.

Thanks.

Dude, I have read the reviews of the TX1, and was not really impressed by it's features.

Ano ba ang type ng Misis mo? Slim o Bulk type???

Slim, lithium battery yun for sure, but almost AUTO program lahat ng kuha.

Bulk, AA battery, but may Manual features like those of a SLR.

If the store 26k ang TX1, malamang nasa 15K to 17K lang yan sa Hidalgo.

Shops at Hidalgo offer Warranties, only 1 year.

Kung may defect ang item, dun mo lang pwedeng dalhin and they will replace it agad.

Don't worry about the quality, many well-known professional photographers buy at hidalgo (I have seen them) and also amateurs like me buy cameras and camcorders there.

Ok thanks for the info I live outside Metro Manila so I was kinda hoping that I would be able to bring it somewhere nearer but as long as the Hidalgo stores honor their store warranty then thats not a problem. The savings far outweigh the distance factor. :thumbsupsmiley:

Dude, I have read the reviews of the TX1, and was not really impressed by it's features.

Ano ba ang type ng Misis mo? Slim o Bulk type???

Slim, lithium battery yun for sure, but almost AUTO program lahat ng kuha.

Bulk, AA battery, but may Manual features like those of a SLR.

If the store 26k ang TX1, malamang nasa 15K to 17K lang yan sa Hidalgo.

She wants a slim camera for sure, something she can tuck in her bag so lithium batteries are more likely. Automatic lang siguro since she doesnt like to fiddle with the settings and just shoot pictures. Ako naman basta good optical zoom and decent megapixels ok na. We both want something that can shoot good videos.

Any suggestions for alternatives? Thanks again. :)