Linux Anybody?

Are there links for configuring linux box for Asterisk and as a router with a gui interface.

Thanks

Try mo clarkconnect, ito yung link for asterisk sa message board nila. Ito ang pinaka madali kong nagamit na all-in-one linux box. Pwede siyang firewall/proxy/webserver/mailserver/web content filter etc... may free version at may pro version, difference lang ng pro eh support saka ibang mga hindi naman ganon ka importanteng features. Ganito ang ginagamit ko sa office proxy/firewall for mga 30 workstations.

Try mo clarkconnect, ito yung link for asterisk sa message board nila.  Ito ang pinaka madali kong nagamit na all-in-one linux box. Pwede siyang firewall/proxy/webserver/mailserver/web content filter etc... may free version at may pro version, difference lang ng pro eh support saka ibang mga hindi naman ganon ka importanteng features. Ganito ang ginagamit ko sa office proxy/firewall for mga 30 workstations.

Sori, ito yung link ClarkConnect forum

maybe in the next ten years, i will start using Linux. By that time, it must have developed into something that is useful for the masses. But now, no way, whatever the experts say that Linux is good blah blah blah.

Do not think guys that Im stupid when it comes to computers. I installed and used Linux for sometime just to give it the benefit of the doubt. But Windows still works best for me.

Thats all.

maybe in the next ten years, i will start using Linux. By that time, it must have developed into something that is useful for the masses. But now, no way, whatever the experts say that Linux is good blah blah blah.

Do not think guys that Im stupid when it comes to computers. I installed and used Linux for sometime just to give it the benefit of the doubt. But Windows still works best for me.

Thats all.

Yung accounting department namin I'm trying to migrate all workstations to Linux (ubuntu) since kasama na lahat ng kailangan nila - openoffice saka internet. Kailangan lang ng about one week para masanay. Iba rin yung sense of security saka walang tatalo sa libre. Saka kahit meron pang ilang workstations na windoze (visual foxpro app kasi) openoffice saka mozilla ang required na gamitin para tipid pa rin. :thumbsupsmiley:

Yung accounting department namin I'm trying to migrate all workstations to Linux (ubuntu) since kasama na lahat ng kailangan nila - openoffice saka internet. Kailangan lang ng about one week para masanay. Iba rin yung sense of security saka walang tatalo sa libre. Saka kahit meron pang ilang workstations na windoze (visual foxpro app kasi) openoffice saka mozilla ang required na gamitin para tipid pa rin.  :thumbsupsmiley:

ok ba ubuntu? what's it like? is it GUI? that's what i'm planning to run

and to the guy who suggested open office, thanks man, downloaded it already. :thumbsupsmiley:

and to the guy who suggested open office, thanks man, downloaded it already. :thumbsupsmiley:

Ok yung gui for newbies, very user friendly saka nakatago/password yung mga advanced config options para hindi magalaw. Lahat ng productivity apps kasama na, openoffice, firefox etc... Nag pa ship ako nung free cd's 20 pcs. double disc yung isang disc installer at yung isa live cd, meron rin para sa mac binayaran ko lang sa makati post office eh 30 pesos for the package, medyo matagal lang bago dumating. :thumbsupsmiley:

GUI's are usually distro independent. i guess the best choises are gnome or kde. linus torvalds one said gnome is for dumbs and he prefers kde. i still love gnome. rpms pkgs tars and bz2s are available :P

again, on my end, for servers i use slackware and often no gui, for a workstation its still slackware+drpline gnome and other gui apps i may require

peace!

hi linux experts! question po, can linux run the MS office package? if yes, how? i'd like to ditch that too (the MS office) but i have to work with other people so i'm stuck.

how i've wanted to escape mr. gates' greedy hands but everywhere i turn he's there, mocking me hehe :D  :mtc:

oh, and has anyone heard of the ubuntu OS? its linux based. i have a cd of that but i'm afraid to run it. is it any good?

You can use WINE (http://www.winehq.com/). From there, you can port several window's application . . .

hi linux experts! question po, can linux run the MS office package? if yes, how? i'd like to ditch that too (the MS office) but i have to work with other people so i'm stuck.

how i've wanted to escape mr. gates' greedy hands but everywhere i turn he's there, mocking me hehe :D  :mtc:

oh, and has anyone heard of the ubuntu OS? its linux based. i have a cd of that but i'm afraid to run it. is it any good?

Try using OpenOffice since it can open and save MS Office's file formats. Also, if you use PowerPoint, just copy the templates and import it into OpenOffice's Impress application as a template so you can have the backgrounds of PowerPoint without the PowerPoint application itself. :headsetsmiley:

He does tend to mock you everywhere you look but look further and you'll see alternative applications that work just as well or even better than those you're used to in Windows. :rolleyes:

Ubuntu is one of the Linux distributions based on Debian. It's gaining popularity these days even though it uses GNome for its GUI due to it's "clear focus on the user and usability". There is also a branch using KDE which is named Kubuntu and I would recommend that one if you're new to Linux and migrating from Windows instead of the Ubuntu distro. B)

Btw, if you have the Live CD version of Ubuntu, you can try it out without any risk to your PC (or minimal risk...). Just pop the Live CD into the CDROM drive (if your PC supports booting from the CD...) and wait for it to load! :thumbsupsmiley:

pag linux ba ang gagamitin mong os sa intrenet cafe may huhuli daw sau, may nakapag sabi lang sa akin, eh ang alam ko open lisence etong linux kaya nga mas advisable siyang gamitin kaysa windows dahil sa presyo.tama ba ako?

Hindi ka mahuhuli dahil opensource ito, sa presyo panalo dahil kadalasan libre ang linux, yung iba may bayad dahil packaged siya saka may support (redhat saka suse) pero most eh free download sa mga website nila.

pag linux ba ang gagamitin mong os sa intrenet cafe may huhuli daw sau, may nakapag sabi lang sa akin, eh ang alam ko open lisence etong linux kaya nga mas advisable siyang gamitin kaysa windows dahil sa presyo.tama ba ako?

Baka modus-operandi lang yan... <_< linux is open source and free to download and distribute over the internet...