Linux Anybody?

just got my ubuntu from the mail

and they were delivered right in my doorstep, no charge at all

already downloaded the ubuntu 7.10 ISO weeks ago before ordering the CD's

right now, I'm having Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Xubuntu sessions in my machine

of the three, I like Xubuntu the most, much more responsive and faster

Iba ang system sa Manila, kapag cd or magazine, the post office classify them as packages (for extra charge or income?), naka lagay nga doon sa balot 'software libre' may custom duties pa daw.

Edited by johnlove
Congratulations!!!

Anong version? 10.3?

I'm using 10.0 on a AMD K6-2 850Mhz/128Mbx3 SDRAM.

CHEERS!!!

uname -r -> 2.6.16.21-0.8-default

i686 Athlon

256 DDR

initially i wanted to run it at my old K6-2 500MHz where my old Caldera OpenLinux was running 5 years ago but I'm out of luck the box won't boot just salvaged my old 8Gb HD

have you run the new YM (web based) in your Linux box?

i will never forget the caldera distro, ito ang unang nagpadugo sa utak ko. i remember way back then all of my friends are yung redhat, just to be different i tried caldera. i tried installing once, at hindi ko na ulit. pati yung windows partition ko nabasag dahil sa hayop na distro na to.

I have no problem with Caldera OpenLinux 2.3 it gave me a taste of a swift browsing experience over the internet compared to win98 back then

I just can't find my old installer that's why I installed SUSE (lots of device driver support)

uname -r -> 2.6.16.21-0.8-default

ito yung Linux kernel... mine is latest, just updated (had a cron checking)

i686 Athlon

256 DDR

Nice machine :thumbsupsmiley:

initially i wanted to run it at my old K6-2 500MHz where my old Caldera OpenLinux was running 5 years ago but I'm out of luck the box won't boot just salvaged my old 8Gb HD

This will actually be used...

Had actually installed SuSE10.0OSS on a PentiumS-150/128Mb :rolleyes:

have you run the new YM (web based) in your Linux box?

Yahoo Messenger?

Im using Pidgin (10.3) and GAIM (10.0)

CHEERS!!!

A friend who was contracted to migrate a law office' mailboxes from their isp to their own mail server. He asked for my help coz he doesn't know anything about mailservers, or linux for that matter. told him get a core 2 pc with around 2gig ram and 2 discs, more than enough for their 20+ mailboxes.

dumating ang 'server', overkill:

Dell PowerEdge 1900; 2 Xeon 3.0Ghz Dual Cores; 4 gig ram; 2x500 gig sas disks, and sas raid controller

used 64bit centos 5.1, the box hardly hits 10% cpu power :D

A friend who was contracted to migrate a law office' mailboxes from their isp to their own mail server. He asked for my help coz he doesn't know anything about mailservers, or linux for that matter. told him get a core 2 pc with around 2gig ram and 2 discs, more than enough for their 20+ mailboxes.

Dell PowerEdge 1900; 2 Xeon 3.0Ghz Dual Cores; 4 gig ram; 2x500 gig sas disks, and sas raid controller

good morning...

pwede isabay httpd tsaka vsftpd :evil:

CHEERS!!!

good morning...

pwede isabay httpd tsaka vsftpd :evil:

CHEERS!!!

they won't need them, but then here's what they got:

Apache web server (SSL-capable), Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server (chrooted), Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Dovecot POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, ISPConfig (for easy managment of mailboxes, they're lawyers not geeks)

they won't need them, but then here's what they got:

Apache web server (SSL-capable), Postfix mail server with SMTP-AUTH and TLS, BIND DNS server (chrooted), Proftpd FTP server, MySQL server, Dovecot POP3/IMAP, Quota, Firewall, ISPConfig (for easy managment of mailboxes, they're lawyers not geeks)

LOL, just kidding :hypocritesmiley:

nice... :thumbsupsmiley:

CHEERS!!!

Guest Leviticus

oh my gulay overkill to the max naman yan! all that for running a mail server? sana sa UPS na lang siya gumastos..

pre, video card na lang kailangan then pwede na pang render na yan ah :blush: kala siguro nila resource intensive ang linux eh....

nnyyaahahaha !!!! astig ah !!!! kahit pa 100 users yan chicken lang sa makina.