Linux Anybody?

Guest Leviticus
i need to backup an ubuntu server using command line.

how do i do this? tia. :)

hehe.. medyo matagal na. I remember suggesting raid as a layered backup but you wanted a software solution for a backup.

try Amanda/Zmanda. I am currently researching on automated multiple network backups of files (saksakan ng katamaran ang mga tao ko dito na magbackup, pero pagdating sa mga pictures ng friendster ang sisipag!!! mga buset).

What's the latest version of Linux right now?

I haven't used Linux for a long time already...I used Version 9, like 5 years ago...

guess you're referring to the redhat distro, which eventually became the fedora project after version 9, latest of which is Fedora 8.

The latest stable version of the Linux kernel (appplies to all distro) is: 2.6.23.9 (Nov 26'07)

hehe.. medyo matagal na. I remember suggesting raid as a layered backup but you wanted a software solution for a backup.

try Amanda/Zmanda. I am currently researching on automated multiple network backups of files (saksakan ng katamaran ang mga tao ko dito na magbackup, pero pagdating sa mga pictures ng friendster ang sisipag!!! mga buset).

backup to tape ba gusto mo gawin or backup to another machine lang ? kung backup to another machine lang pwede na siguro yung rsync pero kailangan mo gumawa ng script tapos gawa ng cron job.

Guest Makaikishi
guess you're referring to the redhat distro, which eventually became the fedora project after version 9, latest of which is Fedora 8.

The latest stable version of the Linux kernel (appplies to all distro) is: 2.6.23.9 (Nov 26'07)

So, RedHat is no more right?

I used to do programming for our projects back in college, but I still prefer Microsoft visual studio...

anybody seen the "vista killer" version ng linux? forgot the distro though.

I think you're talking about KDE4.

Although Kubuntu doesn't support it yet, I'm pretty sure they will soon.

Right now I think It's only SUSE that has a complete compilation of this.

I'm running Kubuntu with Beryl in my laptop and I think it's even way cooler than vista and OS X combined. I installed WINE so I have MS Office running on it too. Not that I needed it that bad Open Office is fine. hehehe

master cool naman yung ubuntu di ba ? :thumbsupsmiley: im still using terminal most of the time, but openoffice is cool and the other free apps. nasubukan mo na yung slackware booting from a thumbdrive ?

Dude try thin client booting on the eeprom of the NIC. No need for hard drive. :thumbsupsmiley:

Guys I need help

I have a three year old laptop which I'm upgrading the Hard Disk from 40GB to 100 or 120GB

I want to install Linux (Ubuntu 6.06) on it as well as Windows XP

What are the utlities that I will be needing to have a dual boot system? I saw that Ubuntu has a partitioning utility, will I be able to use that?

much appreciate if you can direct me to a site or you can provide me a step by step guide how to do a dual boot

Thanks!

Edited by brutus
Guys I need help

I have a three year old laptop which I'm upgrading the Hard Disk from 40GB to 100 or 120GB

I want to install Linux (Ubuntu 6.06) on it as well as Windows XP

What are the utlities that I will be needing to have a dual boot system? I saw that Ubuntu has a partitioning utility, will I be able to use that?

much appreciate if you can direct me to a site or you can provide me a step by step guide how to do a dual boot

Thanks!

you can do this within the ubuntu setup process.

no need for additional utilities.