Wag naman...

at least marunong mag READ and WRITE.

Actually, I can symphatize with zipzamzowee. I know where he comes from. Though I have a different take on how to solve the problem.

Ano na ba average Pinoy? Let's face it -- di ba siya yung may 6th grade level education... reads Bulgar for "news"... finds Mahal's sex life interesting... etc... etc... Sa kanila mo ba ipapaubaya ang pagpili ng lider natin?

Since the masses is so uneducated... democracy (as defined by periodical casting of votes) simply would not work! My proposal?

SURVIVOR PAYATAS...

40 days... 40 contestants (presidentiables)... 1 survivor!

Let the presidentiables compete in a survivor type of competition. Let them live in the Payatas dumpsite for 40 days. Let them receive minimum wage while doing menial jobs (pangangalahig, etc.).

Then let the viewers vote each day whom to eliminate (by text). Ang matitira... siya ang bagong presidente ng Pilipinas.

At least mas interesting... di ba?

Sa traditional casting of votes... boring... magastos... hindi pa nabibilang ng tama ang boto ng tao...

WHAT SAY YOU PEOPLE?!

Yo Guys,

Our problem is simple but our politicians make it complicated. Kahit less intelectually endowed si ERAP and FPJ they had one thing in common,they both know that the 1st issue to be addressed is Food Security. To do this Agriculture should be the priority.Massive investments should be channeled towards this sector,from farm to market roads to bio-tecnology support. Hindi ba kayo nagtataka kung bakit halos makipagpatayan ang mga industrial nations just to protect their agriculture. This is the most basic sector and without it we can't hope to leafrog economically. Ika nga pag busog ang sikmura nakakapag-isip ng tama. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Guest Leviticus
Actually, I can symphatize with zipzamzowee. I know where he comes from. Though I have a different take on how to solve the problem.

Ano na ba average Pinoy? Let's face it -- di ba siya yung may 6th grade level education... reads Bulgar for "news"... finds Mahal's sex life interesting... etc... etc... Sa kanila mo ba ipapaubaya ang pagpili ng lider natin?

Since the masses is so uneducated... democracy (as defined by periodical casting of votes) simply would not work! My proposal?

SURVIVOR PAYATAS...

40 days... 40 contestants (presidentiables)... 1 survivor!

Let the presidentiables compete in a survivor type of competition. Let them live in the Payatas dumpsite for 40 days. Let them receive minimum wage while doing menial jobs (pangangalahig, etc.).

Then let the viewers vote each day whom to eliminate (by text). Ang matitira... siya ang bagong presidente ng Pilipinas.

At least mas interesting... di ba?

Sa traditional casting of votes... boring... magastos... hindi pa nabibilang ng tama ang boto ng tao...

WHAT SAY YOU PEOPLE?!

As stated in the other thread, democracy means giving equal voice to everyone no matter their status (at least something in that sense). Ang panglaban na lang talaga ng individual is his 1 vote.

mahirap hanapan ng solution ang problem regarding our voting masses. almost always some of us would describe them as not knowing any better or what... but we cant do anything about it because its the system whe have here.

ang pangit lang is when someone takes away our voice through our individual 1 vote to proclaim himself/herself the leader of the land.

Guest Leviticus
Yo Guys,

Our problem is simple but our politicians make it complicated. Kahit less intelectually endowed si ERAP and FPJ they had one thing in common,they both know that the 1st issue to be addressed is Food Security. To do this Agriculture should be the priority.Massive investments should be channeled towards this sector,from farm to market roads to bio-tecnology support. Hindi ba kayo nagtataka kung bakit halos makipagpatayan ang mga industrial nations just to protect their agriculture. This is the most basic sector and without it we can't hope to leafrog economically. Ika nga pag busog ang sikmura nakakapag-isip ng tama. :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

This concept has been around for some time; the prioritzing of agriculture. problem is masyadong mahal magagriculture (farming) per se; what with the rising cost in fertilizer, gasoline, irrigation expenses, upa sa lupa, transport of goods. tapos ang baba pa ng selling price ng goods as compared to the cost.

maraming government and nongovernment agencies that focus on agriculture: biba-diwa, dar, da, local cooperatives, etc.

instead what the government do is importation na lang - sad really.

As stated in the other thread, democracy means giving equal voice to everyone no matter their status (at least something in that sense).  Ang panglaban na lang talaga ng individual is his 1 vote.

mahirap hanapan ng solution ang problem regarding our voting masses.  almost always some of us would describe them as not knowing any better or what... but we cant do anything about it because its the system whe have here.

ang pangit lang is when someone takes away our voice through our individual 1 vote to proclaim himself/herself the leader of the land.

You of course understand that my previous post was being SARCASTIC... in the same vein as Jonathan Swift...

I agree with you. The sarcastic post was merely to dramatize this point. Kung ayaw nilang bilangin ang boto natin... might as well reduce the electoral system to something like "Survivor Payatas". And that is precisely my point.

This concept has been around for some time; the prioritzing of agriculture.  problem is masyadong mahal magagriculture (farming) per se; what with the rising cost in fertilizer, gasoline, irrigation expenses, upa sa lupa, transport of goods.  tapos ang baba pa ng selling price ng goods as compared to the cost.

maraming government and nongovernment agencies that focus on agriculture:  biba-diwa, dar, da, local cooperatives, etc. 

instead what the government do is importation na lang - sad really.

I think the problem is our government aint really focusing on this most basic sector of our economy.We can make agriculture cheap if we employ the right concept , method and technology.Look at Israel,halos wala silang arable land and sea pero mas secure ang agriculture nila. Kulang lang talaga sa focus dito ang gobyerno natin.Sa yamang dagat palang natin e dapat economically off na tayo.Ewan ko ba kung bakit hindi nila maayos-ayos yan. :blush:

Guest Leviticus

Hindi naman "Propose a new law" but I hope ok lang dito;

remove the Lina Law.

I have an uncle here in manila who inherited a lot long ago. He was forced to put up a small house on it because hindi nya mapaalis mga squaters. now since more than 5 years na ang nakaraan hindi na sa kanya ang ownership ng lot nya... sa squatters na!!!

ayun tuloy; hindi mabenta ang lupa kasi devaluated masyado because of the social environment. panay squatters na kasi ang lugar

Charter Change: *med

1.Revised the qualifications of the President, Vice President , Senators and Congressmen

2.The abolition of Deregulation Law of Petroleum oil

3.Law to abolish Pork barrel of the Senators and Congressmen

4.Limit the no of provinces and citihood.

5. Presidential form of govt to Federal Form of govt.

• 2 weeks later...

If you care to backread a little, you would see that I proposed here that our National Budget should not exceed the target revenue for the year.

GMA's budget proposal for 2005? 100 Billion pesos more than the target revenue... Ngayon pa lang, sinasabi niya, uutang na naman tayo! And this, an administration whose legitimacy in question -- which might not last another 6 months!

GMA's budget proposal for 2005? 100 Billion pesos more than the target revenue... Ngayon pa lang, sinasabi niya, uutang na naman tayo! And this, an administration whose legitimacy in question -- which might not last another 6 months!

because of gma's pursuit of that target through bir and customs, millions are already losing their jobs because businesses are closing down one by one due to harassment by the various govt agencies. imagine getting fined 10k pesos for not issuing a receipt for a 5 peso drink in which your profit is at most 1 peso. deduct the price of the receipt itself and the tax imposed and you might as well save more money by closing your sari-sari store and bumming around. ive seen it happen as bir men trounced at a hapless sarisari store at 9 pm in the evening. the revenue examiner explained that they are hard pressed for budget as well as their own kickback. imagine this on a large business scale. as with the middle class giving life to phil economy, it is the microeconomic entities which are holding the country in place. there will come a time when the middle class will become masa and revolt will be inevitable.

people are not aware but many are closing down because of unadaptable laws like those with the bir and that is just a single government moneymaking machine targeting that 'budget'. is that a budget to offset the spendings she used during the elections and those of the congressmen? if he really means it, ping lacson should be lauded for giving up his barrel.

that budget doesnt just mean we will borrow internationally, it also means she will do whatever it takes to stay in power.

ATONG ANG,

Yan talaga ang problema ng gobyerno natin. Kung gastusin ang pera ng taumbayan, ganun-ganun na lang... akala mo sila ang nahihirapan... kaya nga kailangan ng batas na lagyan ng "cap" ang spending ng national government. Kung umutang sa ibang bansa, akala mo sila magbabayad. Kaya hayan... hanggang sari-sari store na pala, pina-patulan na ng BIR?! Hay, nako, mamya, pagbili ko ng squid balls sa tapat ng Robinsons Galleria, hihingi ako ng resibo!

Tourist Vat Exemption

This is being done in Europe. I think they do this to encourage tourism. That is why they earn so much from tourism.

The tourist just needs to present his passport and collect his receipts. In some European country, when a tourist exits he just presents this and the government will send a check refund. In some places, they provide direct discount for the products or services by directly deducting the VAT, but the establishment needs to have a record of the transaction.

Guest Leviticus

I don't know where else to post this. More of a rant really. Since this is the closest thing so I chose to post it here.

Sana naman ayusin ng Government ang mga announcements nila; like yesterday. Bakit bigla-biglaan ang announcement ng holiday? Hindi pa non-working holiday.

nagkalokoloko ang mga appointments and schedules kahapon; naging mga last minute confirmations ang nangyari tuloy.

Charter Change: *med

3.Law to abolish Pork barrel of the Senators and Congressmen

5. Presidential form of govt to Federal Form  of govt.

Actually wala naman talagang law na dapat may Pork barrel ang mga congressman at senator. Kung titingnan mo ang trabaho lang naman nila dapat eh gumawa ng batas. Kung mawawalan cla ng pork barrel eh mawawala ang suporta ng legislative body sa Presidente.

A comprehensive auto insurance system for drivers and vehicles similar to toehr countries. Kaya nagtatatrapik pag may konting bangga ay dahil mga nagbabanggaan wala parehoing insurance. At kung driver ay barumbado at tarantado at walang disiplina, or maraming nang infraction at tiket, mas malaki ang insurance premiums niya. Kaya maga epal na PU driver mawawala.

1. abolish traffic tickets...

- pag smoke belcher...ang parusa i-konekta ang tambucho sa hose..na nakasaksak sa loob ng sasakyan..isara ang bintana at i-rebolusyon ang makina ng 10 minutos (1st offense), 20 minutos (2nd) and so on and so forth...

- pag nag obstruct ng traffic..katulad niyang mga bus na nakabalagbag..pababain ang mga pasahero..ibalik ang bayad(KUNG PUV)...tapos patabihin ang sasakyan at pagintayin ng 1 oras(1st offense..pataas ng pataas ang oras habang)

wala nang ticket ticket...wala nang kotong-kotong...

Guest Leviticus
1. abolish traffic tickets...

- pag smoke belcher...ang parusa i-konekta ang tambucho sa hose..na nakasaksak sa loob ng sasakyan..isara ang bintana at i-rebolusyon ang makina ng 10 minutos (1st offense), 20 minutos (2nd) and so on and so forth...

- pag nag obstruct ng traffic..katulad niyang mga bus na nakabalagbag..pababain ang mga pasahero..ibalik ang bayad(KUNG PUV)...tapos patabihin ang sasakyan at pagintayin ng 1 oras(1st offense..pataas ng pataas ang oras habang)

wala nang ticket ticket...wala nang kotong-kotong...

2. a. Drivers who smoke should. Ipakain ang mga abo ng sigarilyo nya. Pambihira... usok na nga sa labas langhap pa ang usok ng baga nya!!!

b. Passengers who smoke while in PUV: Pagbayarin ng pamasahe ng LAHAT ng fellow passengers. napakainconsiderate naman para sa iba. At least ask nila muna ang mga kasama nilang pasahero if they mind that he/she smokes.

AGREED!!!!

2. a.  Drivers who smoke should.  Ipakain ang mga abo ng sigarilyo nya.  Pambihira... usok na nga sa labas langhap pa ang usok ng baga nya!!!

b.  Passengers who smoke while in PUV:  Pagbayarin ng pamasahe ng LAHAT ng fellow passengers.  napakainconsiderate naman para sa iba.  At least ask nila muna ang mga kasama nilang pasahero if they mind that he/she smokes.