Guest Leviticus
Eh lalo mas nag hirap at pumangit at bumaho ang pinas... So hindi parin pwede...

ngek.. but it's the law

the stupid lina law to be exact. so pwede. basically, the government gave the squatters a license to squat

para sa akin how about yun batas na once you get elected,,kaw lang talaga,,bawal na magkaroon pa ng kapatid,asawa,pamangkin,o kahit na sino pang relatives mo sa kahit anong posisyon saan panig man ng pilipinas,,habang incumbent ka,bawal sa batas..at once your in power,,you'll ceased to be a member of any politcal party...

Guest Leviticus
para sa akin how about yun batas na once you get elected,,kaw lang talaga,,bawal na magkaroon pa ng kapatid,asawa,pamangkin,o kahit na sino pang relatives mo sa kahit anong posisyon saan panig man ng pilipinas,,habang incumbent ka,bawal sa batas..at once your in power,,you'll ceased to be a member of any politcal party...

err.. I believe there is already a law [or a check and balance] for this.

Bring back the TWO-PARTY SYSTEM para wala nang NUISANCE CANDIDATES at para mas madali bumilang ng boto at mas mahirap magdaya.

tapos yung 2 parties na yun KAMPI tsaka LAKAS lang wahahaha! :upside: :upside: :upside:

but come to think of it...mas para ngang naging salot yung 1987 Constitution sa Pilipinas kung titingnan yung nangyari sa electoral system natin...ngayon kulang na ang letters sa alphabet natin sa dami ng political parties na nakakalat e parepareho naman walang kwenta.

Edited by Qui-Gon Jinn
  • 2 weeks later...

i'll start with the basics...

A Law Penalizing Spitting In Public...

i was in Hongkong 2 weeks ago... while waiting for the light to turn green to cross the street, a chinese man beside me spit. it made me cringe (ang salahula, mapa-pinoy or intsik pag dumudura sa kalsada kinikilabutan na nang gagalaiti ako sa galit!)...

suddenly 2 Hongkong cops carrying MP5 Heckler & Koch Submachineguns appeared out of nowhere, approached the chink and said something to him. i was observing their body languages (since i can't speak a word of Cantonese, tingin ko nangangatwiran yung dumura dun sa pulis, tang-ina kung pinoy yon di na mangangatwiran yon sa mmda, sisindakin pa non yung mmda dahil kilala nya si ganito-ganyan)...

then i saw the cop handing out a ticket which looked like an O.R. to me and the chink right then and there paid HK$500...

when the light turned green, the chink left hurriedly, out of curiosity, i approached the 2 cops and asked them (hongkong cops are decent english speakers) what the chink's violation was... (coz i didn't know spiiting in public in HK is against HK law)

he told me they fined him HK$500 for spitting in public. ever since the SARS episode that happened circa 2003, the HK government has been vigourously enforcing public health laws according to them... so it serves a threefold purpose... 1.) for public health 2.) to instill discipline (discipline according to them starts in small ways, one of them is not spitting in public) and 3.) to erase from foreigners the stereotype that the Chinese people spits everywhere...

at P6.00 per HK$, that man shelled P3,000.00 for spitting in public....

i'll start with the basics...

A Law Penalizing Spitting In Public...

i was in Hongkong 2 weeks ago... while waiting for the light to turn green to cross the street, a chinese man beside me spit. it made me cringe (ang salahula, mapa-pinoy or intsik pag dumudura sa kalsada kinikilabutan na nang gagalaiti ako sa galit!)...

suddenly 2 Hongkong cops carrying MP5 Heckler & Koch Submachineguns appeared out of nowhere, approached the chink and said something to him. i was observing their body languages (since i can't speak a word of Cantonese, tingin ko nangangatwiran yung dumura dun sa pulis, tang-ina kung pinoy yon di na mangangatwiran yon sa mmda, sisindakin pa non yung mmda dahil kilala nya si ganito-ganyan)...

then i saw the cop handing out a ticket which looked like an O.R. to me and the chink right then and there paid HK$500...

when the light turned green, the chink left hurriedly, out of curiosity, i approached the 2 cops and asked them (hongkong cops are decent english speakers) what the chink's violation was... (coz i didn't know spiiting in public in HK is against HK law)

he told me they fined him HK$500 for spitting in public. ever since the SARS episode that happened circa 2003, the HK government has been vigourously enforcing public health laws according to them... so it serves a threefold purpose... 1.) for public health 2.) to instill discipline (discipline according to them starts in small ways, one of them is not spitting in public) and 3.) to erase from foreigners the stereotype that the Chinese people spits everywhere...

at P6.00 per HK$, that man shelled P3,000.00 for spitting in public....

We Filipinos make a joke about Singapore being a "Fine" city. You get fined for chewing gum in public transport, for throwing cigarette butts, etc.. But all those strict enforcement of discipline in small ways contribute to the overall discipline of the population as a whole.

Bring back the TWO-PARTY SYSTEM para wala nang NUISANCE CANDIDATES at para mas madali bumilang ng boto at mas mahirap magdaya.

Yup, intelligently said.

Agree.

With the two-party system, the focus will be on the political party platform, not on personalities.

That's it! Again, very intelligently said, and this will bring back the glorious days of the Senate and Congress.

tapos yung 2 parties na yun KAMPI tsaka LAKAS lang wahahaha! :upside: :upside: :upside:

but come to think of it...mas para ngang naging salot yung 1987 Constitution sa Pilipinas kung titingnan yung nangyari sa electoral system natin...ngayon kulang na ang letters sa alphabet natin sa dami ng political parties na nakakalat e parepareho naman walang kwenta.

Sinabi mo pa sir. 1987 Constitution was for the political advancement of the framers of the said constitution.

As a modification, bakit nde gawin parang playoffs???

Start with top 16 most likely to be president, narrow down to 8, then to 4, tapos finally to 2.

by the time naging 2 na lang candidates, siguro naman sila na nga pinakamahusay :) ha ha ha

remove presidential pardon. congressional pardon na lang. Para at least a lot of people agreed to free this criminal.

con = palakasan tsaka pera pera

pro = brings that true essence of "versus the people of the Philippines"

saka pag 2 party system kung sino man manalo presidente, majority president... hindi magulo... look at erap, he got 30%+ of the votes lang... kaya yung 70%+ parati syang ginugulo... ganon din yung Evil Midget... ilan ba nakuha nya? 26%+ lang yata of the votes, kaya yung 74%+ ang pastime i-destablize din sya... sa Mamang Tabako lang ang matibay, although 22%+ lang yata nakuha nya, wala gaano makukulit na nanggugulo sa kanya...

a nuisance candidate can run as INDEPENDENT in this case

a better alternative is for COMELEC to require all political parties to practice holding a PRIMARY in selecting their official candidate which kick-off 18months before the actual election

Edited by dos8dos

Rather than propose a law, I chose to comment on the Preamble of the Philippine Constitution of 1987 whose ratification for whoich I supported & campaigned & don't regret doing so. I simply lament over the stark dfferences between the principles & realities ....

We, the sovereign Filipino people,

(whose leaders can borrow buy the billions, wage war at home & abroad, enter into treaties & agreements for their benefits first but in our collective name & at our democratic cost)

imploring the aid of Almighty God,

(& therefore specifically excludes atheists, heathens, heretics & similar voices of dissent, like mine)

in order to build a just and humane society, and

(when, after more years than the rule of an expelled dictator has passed, the massive poverty, marginalization, violence & oppression remain)

establish a Government that shall embody our ideals and aspirations,

(where the current electoral practices justify the election of the "competent" over the "accountable" & rationalize excessive spending, fraud & violence to make it so)

promote the common good,

(as long as it is consistent with vested interests of the powers that be)

conserve and develop our patrimony,

(in the hands of crony rent-seekers who call themselves taipans & captains of industry deprive the equal rights of others to the fruits of the Earth & the natural cooperative efforts of society through largesse, favors & concessions & squander them or stash them abroad)

and secure to ourselves and our posterity,

(even if working a full day will not guarantee staving off poverty & starvation,)

the blessings of independence and democracy

(bestowed upon officials whose accountabilities are reduced so they may do their job better)

under the rule of law and

(written by officials whose loyalties are torn between those who voted for them & those who claim to have bought them their positions)

a regime

(at least that is clear that s is not based on a society)

of truth

(where the media isn't free but very expensive)

justice

(where minors accused of stealing P100 of fish to feed their family is severely treated while revering those who blatantly deprives billions of pesos worth of opportunities from Filipinos who need them more in order to live lives of dignity,

freedom

(where millions of Filipinos are free to take the risk of seeking abroad the opportunities they were deprived of at home)

love

(where poverty & oppression force desperate families into livelihoods that shorten their lifespan, compromise their dignity & make families dysfunctional)

equality

(where the defense of one's rights depend on one's property, power & position)

and peace

(at the cost of the violation of human rights & dignity of those in no position to defend themselves)

do ordain and promulgate this Constitution.

(which I did out of belief in the principles we put our lives on the line in, before & even after EDSA)

Nagpapakatotoo lang. Happy EDSA Anniversary to all!

Edited by Mobius Stripper
a nuisance candidate can run as INDEPENDENT in this case

a better alternative is for COMELEC to require all political parties to practice holding a PRIMARY in selecting their official candidate which kick-off 18months before the actual election

An Independent nuisance candidate can be easily handled by COMELEC.

PRIMARIES is a great idea, but 18 months is too long. The public will be too politicized and divided for almost 2 years . That could be bad for the economy.

Proposed new LAWS:

1. set deadline for all colorum vehicles, after deadline, any/all colorum vehicle caught shall have their ownership forfeited in favor of government for govt use

2. automatic 10 year prison term for a police, traffic or law enforcement officer caught receiving bribe by video camera. Automatic 5 year imprisonment for those collecting on behalf of any of the above mentioned

3. automatic 8 year prison term for any govt employee caught receiving bribe by video camera

4. new prison system (new giant prison to be constructed) wherein the policies are similar to that of the US (visit thru glass, no bringing in of women for sex, alcohol, drugs or cellphone). Any prisoner caught shall have their sentence doubled.

5. restore the death penalty for those heinous cases proven beyond reasonable doubt (ie DNA test proves guilt)

the preamble is not a source of substantive right or any legal or polititical authority. anyway, i would like to propose a law for a two-party system. like what we had under the 1935 consti.

Perhaps we can judge the quality of the rule of law & its justice process with the practical reverence people have towards the constitution's preamble.

Since the thread is about proposing specific laws ... let me resurrect Dr. Sun Yat Sen's simple agrarian reform proposal. Charge taxes on land based on the valuation of the owner himself with the essential condition that the state has the power to purchase the land from him on the basis of his valuation. If the government does acquire the land, then the government either auctions out the land at a gain or rents out the land on a competitive basis & uses the revenues for public works, services & the formation of a common fund.

Guest Leviticus
Intensify the ANTI-SQUATTING LAW.... Make it a HENIOUS CRIME....Punishable by Reclusion Perpetua....or better yet Capital Punishment!

wrong. before this tangalin muna ang lina law

A law to abolish personal income taxes.

Instead of paying personal income tax, increase VAT collection. This way, people who works hard to make more money are not penalized. Those who overspend pay more taxes.

The injustice in our tax system is that those who earn more do not use government services like medical and social services but they have to pay higher taxes. Those who have small income tend to use more of the government services, yet they pay little or no tax to support those services. Removing personal income taxes and replacing it with more VAT will remove that injustice.

Edited by camiar