The GLOBE Complaint Thread

^ED^GE^

I signed up for a globe service when I bought the phone along with it. first I asked them if it was an original nokia from finland, they claimed that it was. fouund out recently I found out myself that it was only made in china. next was the GPRS service, I only used that option for a couple of minutes coz Im aware of the charges and immediately shut off the internet session after Im done with the page. when I recieved my bill, it showed 3,044php for the gprs use only..major BS. aside from that the txt messages are slow as slug. there are times that I get the message "check operator services" even though it was a line service. I have an old smart sim and tried it on the same phone (had its line opened), loaded for 300 pesos - went online for 4 hours and it only cost me 80 pesos.

My advice.........DONT GO FOR GLOBE!!!

I had a Globe pre-paid a few years ago, during the time when call card piracy was rampant. Unforfunately, I bought a P500 call card that didn't work. When I complained to the vendor, she said the store can't do anything about it and suggested that I go to a Globe sales office carrying with me the official receipt for the call card. I went to the sales office in Megamall, at first planning to take the morning off from work but had to change my plans and took the whole day off because it took so long for me to get to a representative.

The sales representative gave me a complaint form and rudely told me to just sign it and give him the defective call card and I can be on my way-- he said investigations usually took two weeks, then I can come back to the sales office to follow-up.

After two weeks, I went back to the Megamall sales office to follow-up on my complaint. The representative (a different one from the guy I had previously spoken with) asked for the copy of my complaint form. After running it through his computer, he told me that the complaint has not been acted on. When I asked him why, the answer was, apparently, the other guy didn't file it! Which, of course got me fuming as I once again had to be absent from work just so I can pursue my "case".

So I asked for the other guy-- the other sales representative. When the representative with whom I was speaking saw the name, he promptly told me that the guy really didn't work there. He explained that during the time when I filed my complaint, they (Globe) were undergoing some employee-exchange thing where people from other branches were assigned to different sales offices for some reason-- I've forgotten the explaination since it was really not my concern. I then asked the representative for what remedies they can offer me. And to my surprise, the simple answer was, "come back again in two weeks."

Instead of following his advice, I went directly to a Smart sales office and had my sim swapped.

The same thing happened. I attempted to load a call card and it didn't work. But learning for my Globe experience, I decided not to go directly a Smart office right away and instead call their hotline first. The person at the other end first asked what brand and model my phone was-- and I told him that it was a Nokia 7110. A few seconds later, he walked me through some instructions and told me to try loading again. And it worked. Apparently as the Smart sales representative clarified, my phone, which was new at the time, was the culprit and not the call cards that I bought from Smart!

The same problem, which took Globe two weeks not to solve, was solved in less than ten minutes. And I lived happily ever after. Hahaha!

Cheers! :D

Edited by Samhain13

i also got the Globe SNS service just this week, bilis ng process, ok naman connection considering na "malayo sa civillization" ang amin (liblib ng taguig) ave of 240++kbps, so ok na din. wag lang po sana magaya sa smartbro in the long run. btw, nakapag-apply ako sa booth nila sa market market. dunno if andun pa sila though

i also got the Globe SNS service just this week, bilis ng process, ok naman connection considering na "malayo sa civillization" ang amin (liblib ng taguig) ave of 240++kbps, so ok na din. wag lang po sana magaya sa smartbro in the long run. btw, nakapag-apply ako sa booth nila sa market market. dunno if andun pa sila though

Guest yasarfa

bakit since nag unlimitext ako tumaas ang bill ko to more than double? dati nasa 2k or 2.5k lang, ngayun nasa 5k plus na. yun text msgs ko ang lumaki ng sobra eh puros globe ka text ko. ask ko sa counter and they gave me this cutoff date ekek but in the pass 3 mos ganun yun bill ko. i'm planning to have my line cut na. mag prepaid nalang ako.

bakit since nag unlimitext ako tumaas ang bill ko to more than double? dati nasa 2k or 2.5k lang, ngayun nasa 5k plus na. yun text msgs ko ang lumaki ng sobra eh puros globe ka text ko. ask ko sa counter and they gave me this cutoff date ekek but in the pass 3 mos ganun yun bill ko. i'm planning to have my line cut na. mag prepaid nalang ako.

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME. I availed of the unlimited text on my line and prepaid phone of Globe and to my surprise they will charge you for the amount you put in to avail of the unlimitext in my case it was 50 pesos.

To my surprise even with the unlimitext on i am still being charged with text messages from globe to globe on both lines.

THE UNLIMITEXT IS A HOAX. Globe is really losing money na kasi thats why there are coming with this schemes to earn extra.

Who would complain for a few pesos but if your doing it to all their subrscribers thats a big revenue for them.

GRABE ANG GLOBE! They're getting what they deserve kaya lalo silang natatalo ng SMART!

i used smart for 3 years na while i'm roaming around the world... sa smart automatic na, even you are are only a pre paid subscriber. i remember when i was using globe.. it normally takes me a day just to request for a roaming... i dont know kung ganun pa rin sila ngayon.. :)

i used smart for 3 years na while i'm roaming around the world... sa smart automatic na, even you are are only a pre paid subscriber. i remember when i was using globe.. it normally takes me a day just to request for a roaming... i dont know kung ganun pa rin sila ngayon.. :)

Thank po sa info.

globe is better when it comes to roaming. but i use smart locally.

Thanks. :cool:

I've been with globe since day 1. 1993 kami pa lang ng tatay pati nanay ko ang nagtetext.

I've been unhappy on quite a number of occassions. Hirap lang I have to ask my wife, my daughter, her yaya, my driver, my secretary, my dad,mom, brother and sisiters to switch.

Globe has been declining so bad in the past 2-3 years. They better get their act together.

Just tried Globes Wireless Braodband for a month, thanks to my brother. Connection was fast and smooth even when im travelling, yun lang nga medyo malaki yun unit.

I am now junking my Smart Bro... I should have listend to others (ang tanga ko). Up to now, Smart's Bro service is really bad almost useless.

I haven't change sim's yet but I will after this week. A friend of mines passed me 50 pesos worth of credits. I got the confirmation message that my number recieved the said amount. But when I tried calling. I was prompted that I didn't have any credits left. So I called the "customer service" (I used that term loosely) and told tham my problem. I gave them the trace ID and everyting. And they told me that they can't do anything about it. because I got the confirmation message that it was successful. I told them it's not successful cause I still didn't get the amount. They said they'll investigate call again after 24 hours.

Hanggang ngayun, nasira na phone ko di pa rin pumapasok yung load.

So after my cellphone is repaired I'll be a SMART person! :D

• 1 month later...

Actually, it's not just with Globe. The other telecom companies are guilty with this too. The most common is the so-called "billing problem". Bayad ka na sa bills mo pero papadalhan ka pa ng Billing Statement and sometimes even a "loveletter" from some Law firm, threatening to sue you if you failed to settle your bills. Talk about a ripoff! They gotta fix their system muna.

• 2 weeks later...

i switched to smart rin because globe has been sending unsolicited promotional messages! if dont want to receive messages like that from them you have to reply "off" but they will charge you for that reply and after replying "off" they will send you a new one! got tired of it and complained about to them, they said that i wont receive anymore messages like those. but i still did! so i went to sm and saw a sim swap booth! good riddance!!!!

Parehong madaya yun globe and smart, their unlimited text service has a minimum P1 load requirement to use, so you end up spending more to use the unmilited service. sun cellular's offering is much better, the unlimited text is just P150/month. so you really get to save over a whole month. the problem lang is the limited subscribers, but my friends and family are now on sun so it's really worth it for me. i used to spend about P1,000-P1,500 per month in load, now I just spend P300-400/month. big savings to use for gimiks! :D