Do You Let Your Partner Read Your Text Messages?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My take on this:

If you've got nothing to hide and your partner wants to know who you're texting,then by all means, let her see or read your messages. It won't really matter after all,would it? Do you still need to keep secrets from your partner? If your partner doubts you,heck,tell her you can switch numbers. You use my number and I use yours. Fair enough,isn't it? lol

This is no big deal,IMO

• 1 month later...

I just had a very painful break up. The reason: she's hiding something in her cellphone.

She was with me last night. Text siya ng text. Then I asked who she was texting with...this guy friend daw. Maya maya, tiningnan ko cellphone niya. She suddenly pressed the exit. I grabbed her cellphone and that was the start of the fight. She wouldnt let me read her messages.

I gave her two options: 1) She would let me read the messages and we would discuss....i said i was willing to listen. 2) She would NOT let me read the messages cos there's something in there that when i'd find out, there's now way i could accept...magbreak din lang kami. So wag ko na lang tingnan...and end the relationship right then and there.

Gossshhh!!! She chose the second option. Sobrang sakit. How the hell could she choose breaking up with me?

It's her loss not mine.

:(

actually this is where you cross the line when it comes to privacy. one has every right to have his privacy and this is a perfect example of it. even married couples "shouldnt" be reading their partner's messages. unless of course with permission. having to secretly view your partner's messages runs smack of disrespect. its another way of saying you dont trust the person youre with.

I let my wife read or get when i have text msgs or even answer my phone. The same way she lets me with her phone. Bottomline is if you have nothing to hide theres no reason for anyone not to allow their wife (i dunno about gf or other kinds of partnership) answer thier cellphone wether it be text msg or call. Husbands and wives are considered as one and i dont think privacy should be present between them. Thats is only my personal opinion. Kse what if yung wife mo ang meron nag text at ayaw ipabasa sa iyo what would you think? I know sasabihin ng iba na if you trust her di ka magdududa, pero cmon lets be realistic here. PEACE

Know what.. why does it automatically mean na "may tinatago" if you just want your privacy? I don't agree that if you're in a relationship, you completely own each other as in you have the right to invade each other's privacy.

Que may tinatago o wala.. respect each other's privacy dapat.  If you're too paranoid on what your partner is up to.. it's not true that you love your partner so better breakup with him/her.

Pero ha.. I've noticed that guys love to pry.. sa tutuo lang.. dahil ba gawain nyo kse yun?  :blink:  :P

i agree with u black cat.