PacMan's Corner

menime

A win is a win!

but then Im not convince hehhe, y??

I expect more highlights and more pacman's round than marquez!

and napapanood ko un practices nya and interviews na nabibilib ako dahil anloopet ng training nya,

and sabi pa ni roach my bago technique na dinidevelop si pacman. wala ako nakitang bago!

and ung knock down sa 3rd round? dapat nun 4th round nasundan un sabi pa nga ng commentator sa GMA

nun hindi ciado nagba bounce paa ni marquez which is a sign na hilo pa si marquez but pacman did not get that

oppurtunity eh di sana 4th round palang TAPOS na laban, whose Agree with me??

but then its just a viewer comment, it my own point of view as a espectator of the GREAT PACMAN.

uhm un lang hehhehe hindi ako happy hahhah..

hair-line win for pacman...some may not be convinced, but truly a classic battle in its own right.

for the right price, the business may still remain "un-finished" & accept a re-match in the offing...

otherwise, time for manny to go up to 136lbs and train his sights vs. diaz.

either way, pacman's corner stands to win big bucks--big time. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by LYCHEE

It was not a convincing win by MP but the fight exposed the weakness in MP's fighting style.

Against technically superior fighters he would always have a hardtime beating them. He never body punched, he's always head hunting. Lucky for him, he could take the best punch JMM could dish out. The next fighter could be different.

It was not a convincing win by MP but the fight exposed the weakness in MP's fighting style.

Against technically superior fighters he would always have a hardtime beating them. He never body punched, he's always head hunting. Lucky for him, he could take the best punch JMM could dish out. The next fighter could be different.

galing ng timing ni singson magpunas ng mukha ni pacman...sinadya nung nasa camera na...malinis naman mukha ni manny...napaghahalata...

tsk tsk tsk at dami talagang usap usapan sa questionable win ni manny (money) pac-man pacquiao :(

pero ang talagang FEELING-FEELINGan na "WINner" ang yung isang ungas dito :grr:

asa ka pa kumag ka ha sa 2010 buuuusssssseeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttt !!!!!

post-16970-1205717966.jpg

Marquez or Pacman could have won the fight...

im happy that Manny won, but wont be bitter if Marquez did.

mas nakakahiya yung niyayakap ka na ng kalaban mo after the fight

and yet tatalikuran mo sya as if di mo sya nakikita. the character of

a gentleman wasn't in the JMM's persona. that i guess

what separates a man from a gentleman.

another thing, the 2point difference (10-8) for ALL the judges in the 3rd round i guess

made the difference. all the other rounds could only go to 10-9 or 9-10 scores depending

on the judges decision on who won the round.

Some are yelling bloody murder and stating that Marquez was robbed of a merited victory. Robbery is a strong term and though I feel Marquez was the victor, the fight was tightly contested with many close rounds and Pacquiao scored a knockdown in the third round to earn him a two point round. So while 115-112 proves to be a three round switch from my own card, the notion that a judge might score three rounds differently from me, or Jerry Roth, when so many were tough judgment calls, does not bring their professionalism or abilities into questions.

The judges last night did what every judge has to do in the sport of boxing; score a fight on subjective criteria. When a sport's scoring is hinged on standards that have no clear cut definitions, there is little validity in regards to the outcome of contests. Mr. Miller and Mr. Ford, while scoring the fight differently from myself, did an excellent job last night.

Bottom line, last night was a great night for boxing. If Marquez's advocates want to claim it was a robbery, they are cheapening his performance, as well as that of Pacquiao's. Both men walked away from the fight with their in the ring persona untainted; Manny's just happens to get the official “W” on his record.

Like everyone said, could've gone either way. No complaints here even if Marquez won. They were saying JMM hit MP with more punches and they were right. The judges did give JMM the rounds where he made more punches, a score of 10-9 for those rounds. However, there were more rounds when Manny landed the harder blows (look at rounds 3, with a KD, and 10). It wasn't a convincing performance but it was better than his previous fights. It was actually his best if you'll compare that against his bouts vs Larrios, Solis and Barrera. Marquez is way superior than those 3 and was even more dangerous since he really prepared for this match. I don't agree to people saying that Manny lost his touch. Juan Manuel Marquez ang kalaban nya and di sya kung sino lang. Both are at their best. Parang pinaglaban mo ang Pingping at Mila's lechon, parehong masarap, sa sarsa lang magkakatalo, hehehe :P . Mas maganda sana if Manny won via KO. Well, congrats to the new champ, Manny Pacquiao! :thumbsupsmiley:

If it was AMATEUR boxing, I have no doubt that MARQUEZ won the fight. But this is PRO-BOXING. Marquez clearly had more shots, but Manny landed more EFFECTIVE shots. Yanig ang tuhod ni Marquez whenever Manny hits the mark!

But like Seeingkith here, I too acknowledge the decision could have gone either way. JUDGE'S DISCRETION ang tawag dyan. The cookie crumbled our way, this time around, I am NOT ABOUT TO PROTEST THAT!

GREAT FIGHT! I have nothig but respect for JMM... pero MABUHAY ANG BATA NATIN! MAAAAAAAHHHHH-NEEEEEEEE!

If it was AMATEUR boxing, I have no doubt that MARQUEZ won the fight. But this is PRO-BOXING. Marquez clearly had more shots, but Manny landed more EFFECTIVE shots. Yanig ang tuhod ni Marquez whenever Manny hits the mark!

But like Seeingkith here, I too acknowledge the decision could have gone either way. JUDGE'S DISCRETION ang tawag dyan. The cookie crumbled our way, this time around, I am NOT ABOUT TO PROTEST THAT!

GREAT FIGHT! I have nothig but respect for JMM... pero MABUHAY ANG BATA NATIN! MAAAAAAAHHHHH-NEEEEEEEE!

exactly

well if you tell me JMM has MP a run for his money if it wasn't for that 3 rounder knock down... Manny doesn't have the slightest idea how to counter Marquez's counter punch tough not strong enough punches to knock manny down did earn him a lot of points... imagine being down and still be able to match the score cards... unbelievable... a great boxer indeed...

well to bad... he lost by a point... guess what he still has the chance to grab his title again... if that happens manny has to figure out how to beat that counter... with more speed and accuracy di pwede kay marquez ang tira bara-bara ni paciao... marquez is to good to be caught twice...

i think 'yung sayang na round dun was rd4. JMM was still dizzy from the previous round KD. wala syang bounce, flat ang paa and makikita mo sa mga mata nya na he's not yet "back" MP should've exploited that. kaya lang masyadong tentative si MP. MP can take JMM's punches, he should've taken his chances & shoul've started lounging in and went for the k*ll nung early minutes nung rd4

Well, the way I saw it Marquez was more deserving of retaining the championship belt. I believe when in doubt, the victory should awarded to the champion. Kailangang patunayan ng challenger na siya ang dapat talagang maging champion. In this case, gulpe sarado si manny, hindi convincing kung baga .... Hayy swerte ng kumag! Anyway, iyak na lang mga mexicano ... talagang ganun ...

Edited by HurinThalion

^^ Parehong gulpe sarado yung dalawa. At kung pag-ba-basehan ang "damage report" mas madalas ang muntikang ma-knockout si JMM. Kaya nga more "effective punches" si Pacman versus "more scoring punches" kay JMM. Decision could've gone either way... but I'm glad it went "our" way! :D

Edited by skitz

Same here para saken = Winning is winning ..... kahit 1 point lang advantage ni Pacman - panalo pa rin. Medyo kinabahan din ako ........ debatable ang scoring every rounds - its natural pero walang controversy sa final scoring ng judges - panalo talaga.

Ang hirap kase ........ kabwisit si Chino Trinidad :thumbsdownsmiley: sa pagcover ng fight nato. Nasobrahan yata ng review kay JMM n kahit round ni Pacman ..... super built-up pa rin sa kalaban. Hindi ko ma-gets motibo nya, gusto nya yatang palabasin na "Puso :heart: " n lang ang nagpanalo kay Pacman - pero nasobrahan naman yata sya dito.

I would suggest sa mga dude natin na In favor kay JMM, try to watch it again w/o the volume. I just did ........ mas na-appreciate ko pagkapanalo ng kababayan natin.

Peace.

:mtc: