The FASTEST Way to BETTER Cardio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i have a question...

usually when i run more than 10k, i hit the "wall" at around the 12th kilometer. I try to push harder but my body just seems to shut down

i will be running my first 16k this weekend and i am doubting myself if i could finish the distance.

any tips or advice?

thanks

Edited by hannibal smith
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing opened up my lungs better than jiu jitsu. With running, swimming, etc they were improved. Pero with jiujitsu, it was a whole new thing. You can hardly predict the time that you will run out of air and vise versa. You literally need to train your mind to use small pants when someone's weight is pressed against your chest after you've just blew out (exploded)your energy seconds ago. And then there's no air/breeze/water cooling you as you move. You're wrapped up in a thick canvas-like cloth (gi) with no other means of cooling other than those small pants. With running, swimming etc, you can pace your breathing depending on the work pace/load. But here there are moments you are drowning. It's like those navy seal training underwater where they need to accomplish a task while being pulled down and struggling for air.

This made me quit smoking forever.