this pasta dish just became 1 of my faves.... got it form a food magazine cookbook---its a compilation of all their recipesfrom 1995-2000...its the beef/pasta in a sillet.....was looking for a different dish to cook that day and etc...

its a "quick and easy"--but it took me quite some time to cook because of the pasta......anyway you simply combine all the ingredients in a skillet and let the stove to do the rest of the cooking. It's great for busy weeknight dinners. For a richer taste on more festive occasions, add sour cream....i recommend u do that coz its taste better...;)

ingredients: cooking oil, 3-4 cloves garlic-diced, 1/4 k. ground beef, 1 green pepper-diced, 1 800-gram can crushed tomatoes(this is expensive but well worth it--takes time do it "manually"), 1 386-gram tomato sauce, 2 teaspoons salt, 3 tablespoons sugar(at times u may need to put more---depending on ur taste preference), 400 grams elbow macaroni, 1/4 c. water (at times u may need to put more while cooking it), 1 c. sour cream (optional)

> In a large skillet, heat cooking oil. saute garlic until fragrant then add ground beef, stirring until it loses its raw color.

> Stir in greem pepper, crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce. Season with salt/sugar. Simmer stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes....

> Add uncooked elbow macaroni/water. Mix thoroughly with teh sauce. Bring to a boil then simmer, covered, until macaroni is cooked, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes..

> If desired, blend in sour cream. Simmer gently; do not let boil.Remove from heat...

> Serve warm with toast points or French bread.

Note:Adding sour cream makes the dish lighter in color but creamier tasting...plus it gives it sort of a tangy taste...;) enjoy.....:)

i agree, the pasta in bellini is really yummy! it even tastes better when you get to see that they're selling it so cheap.

i also like the ravioli with white sauce in puccini's at the fort and the vongole in grappa's in quezon city.

i also love the spinach pasta in olive oil of massimo's (tagaytay), it's just perfect with their porchetta (did i spell this correctly?).

Does anyone knows where I can get a pecorino romano and regiano cheese??? 

Pwede ba ang parmesan cheese as substitute for those mentioned above for the pesto sauce???

ang alam ko parmesan cheese talaga ang nilalagay sa pesto.

romano cheese you can find in some big supermarkets. SM or Shopwise or Makati Supermarket, maganda ang cheese selection.

you can also try Almon Marina, the deli place. they have imported cheeses and sausages there.

or Santi's Deli in Festival Mall. great selection. pati basil meron don, mura lang. don't know if they have any other branches.

keso de bola is also a great substitute for pesto.

ang alam ko parmesan cheese talaga ang nilalagay sa pesto.

romano cheese you can find in some big supermarkets. SM or Shopwise or Makati Supermarket, maganda ang cheese selection.

you can also try Almon Marina, the deli place. they have imported cheeses and sausages there.

or Santi's Deli in Festival Mall. great selection. pati basil meron don, mura lang. don't know if they have any other branches.

keso de bola is also a great substitute for pesto.

Thanks for the info, dude! I'm trying to make a pesto sauce made from authentic ingredients eh.

How about pine nuts? Would almonds suffice?