OT na! :P think think mr chiliman. :)

speaking of pasta again...try the one along adriatico street... COSA NOSTRA!

Well, its a bit out of my way, but what are your recommendations at COSA NOSTRA?

Problem is, I have no one to show me the way... :rolleyes:

Cafe Go-go's meat sauce is not so bad either. Reminds me of spaghetti from sometime when I was a bit younger, but not exactly lutong bahay.

Well, its a bit out of my way, but what are your recommendations at COSA NOSTRA?

Problem is, I have no one to show me the way...  :rolleyes:

Cafe Go-go's meat sauce is not so bad either. Reminds me of spaghetti from sometime when I was a bit younger, but not exactly lutong bahay.

ms. cutie here really knows her pasta.  cosa nostra is indeed a nice place to enjoy your tomatoes and wheat.  amici is also a good one.  mama tina along edsa is also good.

hi chiliman ... hmmm there is no out of way when you want it ;) like what an old saying goes...if there's a will..there's a PASTA!!! heheheh :boo: hmmm..if your problem is that you have no one to show you the way...hmmmmm...i think i can show you the way..kaya lang... your treat! :P

i haven't been to Cafe Go-go's....i am not fond of meat sauce...i am more of a fresh sundried tomato, pesto or seafood with tomato pasta lover...meat...hmmm so-so. :P

hi Mr Atong Ang -- thanks for the compliment. :wub: I havent been to mama tina...will try that one of these days...

speaking of pasta...one place i enjoyed my pasta is in the US -- THE OLD SPAGHETTI FACTORY in Portland, Oregon. i just love their SHRIMP NEWBURG

Edited by heavygatin_but_cutie
A friend was telling about a place, supposedly within Don Bosco Makati that serves, according to him authentic Italian pasta. Although I haven't been there yet. Can anyone here confirm this? Also there's an Italian restaurant along Rufino St. (formerly Herrera St.) that has good Italian food, which of course includes pasta. I forgot the name though, but its right next to a Mini Stop.

Yup....i've been here. great food. and even better coffee. DEFINITELY worth a try. Apparently, it was started by a group of italian clergymen who were stationed here. they brought over a lot of their stuff (equipment, recipes etc) and then things just carried on from there...even after many of them moved on.

hi chiliman ... hmmm there is no out of way when you want it  ;)  like what an old saying goes...if there's a will..there's a PASTA!!! heheheh  :boo: hmmm..if your problem is that you have no one to show you the way...hmmmmm...i think i can show you the way..kaya lang... your treat!  :P 

i haven't been to Cafe Go-go's....i am not found of meat sauce...i am more of a fresh sundried tomato, pesto or seafood with tomato pasta lover...meat...hmmm so-so. :P

hi Mr Atong Ang -- thanks for the compliment.  :wub:  I havent been to mama tina...will try that one of these days...

speaking of pasta...one place i enjoyed my pasta is in the US -- THE OLD SPAGHETTI FACTORY in Portland, Oregon. i just love their SHRIMP NEWBURG

Why not! Its a lot more enjoyable to eat good pasta (or just any type of food for that matter) if your with someone.

Hmmm... not much of a meat eater... :rolleyes:

Anyway, driving around Salcedo Village the other night, I saw an "Old Spaghetti Factory" along Valero Street. Although I'm not sure if its the same.

Also the name of the Italian restaurant along Herrera St., Legaspi Village is "La Grotta". :cool:

Why not! Its a lot more enjoyable to eat good pasta (or just any type of food for that matter) if your with someone.

Hmmm... not much of a meat eater...  :rolleyes:

Anyway, driving around Salcedo Village the other night, I saw an "Old Spaghetti Factory" along Valero Street. Although I'm not sure if its the same.

Also the name of the Italian restaurant along Herrera St., Legaspi Village is "La Grotta".  :cool:

yeah..it is always nice to have somebody around to appreciate your pasta or any kind of food. :) yeah...not much of a meat eater..oh well..it depends on what kind of meat is being served... :boo:

I havent tried Old Spaghetti Factory here and the La Grotta. hmmm will try one of these days and will let the forum know.. :)

Does anyone knows where I can get a pecorino romano and regiano cheese??? 

Pwede ba ang parmesan cheese as substitute for those mentioned above for the pesto sauce???

Try Santi's Delicatssen's (tama ba spelling?) cheese selection. they also have various meat/sausages for your pasta recipes :cool:

Chef D' Angelo. The best. One of my favorite restaurants. Big servings, the taste is superb, and the price is affordable. I recommend the seafood pasta paella with generous servings of shrimp and squid. The food is so heavy on the stomach you need tea afterwards to avoid impacho.

Servings in Chef d'Angelo is actually meant for sharing (big enough for 2) kala lang natin generous sila. :D

Napoli's Pesto with Hungarian sausage, great servings, affordable pa :thumbsupsmiley:

anybody knows a place that serves great spaghetti vongole?

You must try AmoRoma in Legaspi Village! You actually can tell if a place serves excellent pasta by the spaghetti ala vongole they serve, afterall this must be the most bland of all the pastas.

The vongole at AmoRoma is just superb ... the clams are grilled and that smoked flavor just infuses itself divinely into the pasta. The most flavorful Ala Vongole I have ever had! Gaita Flores can't match this. :thumbsupsmiley:

As corny and chipipay as it sounds, I like the monster meatball spaghetti at shakeys :P The size alone is enough to make you kneel... but since I'm the one eating I can finish one whole order  :thumbsupsmiley:

Cutting down mate? No pizza to go with that? :boo:

I prefer tomato based pasta dishes provided it has no meat.

yeah..it is always nice to have somebody around to appreciate your pasta or any kind of food. :) yeah...not much of a meat eater..oh well..it depends on what kind of meat is being served...  :boo: 

I havent tried Old Spaghetti Factory here and the La Grotta. hmmm will try one of these days and will let the forum know.. :)

Yup, I agree. Meat is not so bad. As long as its fresh, clean and tender. :rolleyes:

Countrystyle corrected me a bit earlier because its actually the Old Spaghetti "HOUSE" so I guess it is a different place. But it may be worth a visit. In La Grotta, I remember ordering Angel hair pasta with a cream based sauce with truffles (supposedly). I personally like it here. Plus, its practically just an elevator ride away for me.

Yup, I agree. Meat is not so bad. As long as its fresh, clean and tender.  :rolleyes:

Countrystyle corrected me a bit earlier because its actually the Old Spaghetti "HOUSE" so I guess it is a different place. But it may be worth a visit. In La Grotta, I remember ordering Angel hair pasta with a cream based sauce with truffles (supposedly). I personally like it here. Plus, its practically just an elevator ride away for me.

yup yup...as long as it is fresh, clean and tender! :thumbsupsmiley:

anyway..yeah..Old Spaghetti House might be worth to visit one of these days. Hmmm where is La Grotta?? care to tell me where? :P lucky for you..very convenient to visit the place. Go and visit..check on their pasta and let me know. ;)

yup yup...as long as it is fresh, clean and tender!  :thumbsupsmiley:

anyway..yeah..Old Spaghetti House might be worth to visit one of these days. Hmmm where is La Grotta?? care to tell me where? :P lucky for you..very convenient to visit the place. Go and visit..check on their pasta and let me know. ;)

To be sure you don't waste your time looking for it, maybe I should accompany you there. Then you could tell me first hand what you think of the place and their pasta. ;) I think I also had their Arribiatta pasta. I remember it was OK too.

To be sure you don't waste your time looking for it, maybe I should accompany you there. Then you could tell me first hand what you think of the place and their pasta.  ;)  I think I also had their Arribiatta pasta. I remember it was OK too.

hmmm better option. :) sige...tell me when..will see if my sked permits. by the way, is it open on weekends? I can only make it on weekends...i work outside of Manila on weekdays so it would be bit out of the way during weekdays. :)

Arribiatta pasta? hmmm sounds good... ;)