hmm... kung pang masa edi sana hindi nagsara mga outlets nila. mura lang naman sila e.

pero tama hindi nga authentic italian. american fast-food chain yata ang fazoli's e.

come to think of it, most of the popular italian joints here are not authentic anyway - italliani's, don henrico's, etc.

Fazoli's is owned by the same company that runs KFC and Mister Donut. Italian food cannot be served at a fastfood joint. You are right about Italianni's, they serve shitty food.

However, Don Henrico's surprisingly serves authentic Italian pasta. An Italian colleague of mine recommended said restaurant to me.

Fazoli's is owned by the same company that runs KFC and Mister Donut.  Italian food cannot be served at a fastfood joint.  You are right about Italianni's, they serve shitty food.

However, Don Henrico's surprisingly serves authentic Italian pasta.  An Italian colleague of mine recommended said restaurant to me.

authentic or not, what's important is the taste. in fairness to italliani's they have a few decent dishes. i don't think don henrico's is authentic italian. their dishes have international influence, and some of them are good.

AVENETTO in visayas ave and i think they have one witihin the tomas morato area

ITALLIANIS of course, bread with balsamic vinegar for starters

ITALIAN CORNER in puerto galera is just about the most authentic italian joint you can ever find.. food is served and cooked by 2 italian expats in the suburbs of galera

Fazoli's is owned by the same company that runs KFC and Mister Donut.  Italian food cannot be served at a fastfood joint.  You are right about Italianni's, they serve shitty food.

However, Don Henrico's surprisingly serves authentic Italian pasta.  An Italian colleague of mine recommended said restaurant to me.

Don Henrico's originated in Baguio along Session Road. How they got to be Italian, it's anybody's guess.

Don Henrico's originated in Baguio along Session Road.  How they got to be Italian, it's anybody's guess.

Well, quite frankly, it's not difficult to serve authentic Italian pasta. The most important thing is that the pasta should be al dente, not the lamog type that most Filipinos are used to. Any Italian would judge a pasta dish mainly on the quality of the pasta while the sauce comes in second only. The sauce just have to have the basic ingredients - garlic and olive oil.

Don Henrico's pizza is more American than Italian. Italians are so passionate about pizza that their Parliament passed a law on what ingredients should be put in a pizza. Quite on the extreme end, even for some Italians I know. But one Italian colleague is actually quite bent on a single definition of pizza. To quote him, "Pizza should be just bread tomate sauce and mozarella. I can tolerate ham but not pineapples on pizza." When he saw the pizza here, he said "You Filipinos are bastardizing the pizza."

By the way, are you guys aware that lasagna is actually winter food? I just learned it recently and was surprised. Traditionally, lasagna is served in a stone baking dish or something similar to keep it really, really hot.

Well, quite frankly, it's not difficult to serve authentic Italian pasta.  The most important thing is that the pasta should be al dente, not the lamog type that most Filipinos are used to.  Any Italian would judge a pasta dish mainly on the quality of the pasta while the sauce comes in second only.  The sauce just have to have the basic ingredients - garlic and olive oil.

But its difficult to get Filipinos to appreciate authentic Italian pasta. That's why most Italian restaurants here are catered to the Filipino or American taste, us being too Americanized.