Smart, Globe Or Sun?

Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?

• Smart
    • Globe
    • Sun

I mainly agree with Shark's comparison and analysis of the the three. Here are my observation

Sun: Unfortunately for them that their 24/7 promo became their main business model. I would like to see down the road if thier business would be sustained once expansion is needed. How will they fund thier expansion programs when investors will be concerned/turned off by their low ARPU.

Globe: What can you say about an Ayala run company? It is not surprising that their Marketing is that way since the company is Finance driven. This is probably the reason why they have lost the war in the provincial areas where ARPU is low. Personally, I think they have fallen into SMART's trap to compete in the pre-paid market and have lost focus on thier core market target, the post-paid. However, with their hold of the postpaid market, I would think that they will have no trouble catching SMART on coverage as their investors will gladly support any expansion program.

Smart: Benefited with the partnership with PLDT. Less CAPEX cost, less Depreciation as they can utilize all of PLDT national infrastructure. Gave SMART more leeway in launching products. It increases awareness of the SMART brand since we see this everywhere. But personally, personally, most of these services are useless. It does not change/improve how we do things but more oppurtunity for the subscriber spend money.

I for one have no use for a 24/7 promo as I am not a heavy user, thus SUN does not appeal for me. Moreover, since I don't travel as much coverage of GLOBE is sufficent for me. Switching to SMART does not provide any advantage.

Guest Leviticus

I saw sa TV the other day a PR guy from Globe announcing that they are dropping their unlimited version of call and text because of the "abusive usage" of customers.

Hay.. in my opinion kung ako ang president ng Globe the next day booted out na ang PR guy na yan. Akalain mo ibabato ang fault to the consumers?!?

Lately ko lang nakita commercial ng SUN launching their 24/7 unlimited text. I guess that's their answer for the dropped calls and if ever nga ipatangal ng NTC ang 24/7 unlimited calls. Lately though nagiging maluwag na ang pagtawag ko sa SUN network rin. Hopefully their technical development would continue to improve. Kaunting tiyaga na lang...

One story I heard in a telecommunication comference:

Globe, Smart, and Sun were invited in a conference together. Globe and Smart did nothing but lambast the "other cell service distributor" (who else but Sun?) because of poor coverage, lack of cell sites, bad reception, etc. Last nagsalita ang Sun representative. She asked both globe and smart how many years it took them to put up their "nationwide coverage". Sagot nila around 4-6 years. Reply ng Sun rep that abot na nila ang half of their (globe & smart) coverage and have achieved that in only 1 year; and still expanding.

Globe, Smart, and Sun were invited in a conference together.  Globe and Smart did nothing but lambast the "other cell service distributor" (who else but Sun?) because of poor coverage, lack of cell sites, bad reception, etc.  Last nagsalita ang Sun representative.  She asked both globe and smart how many years it took them to put up their "nationwide coverage".  Sagot nila around 4-6 years.  Reply ng Sun rep that abot na nila ang half of their (globe & smart) coverage and have achieved that in only 1 year; and still expanding.

Just to maintain some persepctive on this. I would personally think that Sun would have an easier time on this in the Luzon Area as the area is also their landline area, which was installed nd operational prior to the deregulation of the telecoms industry. Which means, they have already have the real estate, towers poles to put up the required infrastructure. Smart (prior to the PLDT acquisition) and Globe only had landline infrastuctures mainly in certain portions of Manila and certain Luzon regions.

Sun made an accurate statement that they are expanding quicker. But they had utilized an installed landline infrastructure for their use. I wonder if Smart and Globe would have done it faster if they didn't worry about their landline commitments, which they had to build from scratch.

As for Globe PR statement on the subscribers, your right, tangal dapat yan.

Just to maintain some persepctive on this. I would personally think that Sun would have an easier time on this in the Luzon Area as the area is also their landline area, which was installed nd operational prior to the deregulation of the telecoms industry. Which means, they have already have the real estate, towers poles to put up the required infrastructure. Smart (prior to the PLDT acquisition) and Globe only had landline infrastuctures mainly in certain portions of Manila and certain Luzon regions. ......

putik ang lupit ng paliwanag na yon.. wala ka nang hahanapin pa!

Just to maintain some persepctive on this. I would personally think that Sun would have an easier time on this in the Luzon Area as the area is also their landline area, which was installed nd operational prior to the deregulation of the telecoms industry. Which means, they have already have the real estate, towers poles to put up the required infrastructure. Smart (prior to the PLDT acquisition) and Globe only had landline infrastuctures mainly in certain portions of Manila and certain Luzon rhose regions. ......

putik ang lupit ng paliwanag na yon.. wala ka nang hahanapin pa!

If you're referring to the government's RTDP (Rural Telecommunications Development Project) program, then you are right because Regions 1 to 5 was awarded to Digitel which is the mother company of Sun Cellular. And indeed, cellsites are already in order in those areas.

I have multiple sims from all three (personal, business, etc) and I have to say I am blown away by Sun's price and service (but Sun did suck big time in Davao). Globe and PLDT's customer service is terrible. I cannot count how many times I've talked to those a**h**** and wished I could crawl through my handyphone and strangle the customer service person I was talking to. :(

I have multiple sims from all three (personal, business, etc) and I have to say I am blown away by Sun's price and service (but Sun did suck big time in Davao). Globe and PLDT's customer service is terrible. I cannot count how many times I've talked to those a**h**** and wished I could crawl through my handyphone and strangle the customer service person I was talking to. :(

medyo OT, batiin ko lang avatar and banner mo, may fan ka na!!!

• 2 weeks later...

from globe i change to SUN, mas cheaper bihira lang magtext madalas kol im using unlimited 350. :)

family ko nagshift to sun napansin nila ang difference.

globe kasi mayabang ngayon me katapat na siya nag cocompete narin sa kol and text and unlimited and actual usage ng load.

ginagaya nalang ng globe, ngayon ko lang nalaman na kaya pala nila improve ang service and talagang nanamantala ang globe. nagsawa nako magreklamo sa globe nayan :)

buti nalang me ibang malipatan :)

i was a Smart subscriber when i was in highschool. when i went to college and everybody in our class was using Globe, i switched to Globe. i must say, Globe is better than Smart (in terms of benefits, services, etc)

Sun? haven't tried it. i've heard several complaints about their service and knowing my patience's capability, i dont think i'll switch to them even if they offer the cheapest rate. cheap nga, pangit naman ang service, not worth it din.