Smart, Globe Or Sun?

Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?  

627 members have voted

1. 1. Ano ang Cellphone Line Mo?

• Smart
    • Globe
    • Sun

Guest Leviticus

SUN cell ako kahit na busy lagi ang network when calling.

Ano ba naman ang magtext ka na libre? Hehehe...

*I read sa news na tatangalin na ng Globe/TM ang kanilang unlimited service kasi hindi nila kaya i-accomodate ang lahat; sometime this month

TO SUN SUBSCRIBERS , some helpful tidbit :

..Ablaza said the NTC should apply its regulations consistently and fairly. He said all players must adhere to the service standard set by the commission, which requires that 93 out of 100 calls be connected in the first attempt and that no more than five out of 100 calls should be prematurely terminated or dropped by the network...

..Globe said that its own test showed that 35.4 out of 100 Sun Cellular calls during a 14-hour average period failed to connect although on the drop call benchmark, 5.09 out of 100 calls were terminated by the Sun network...

taken from the PDI

SUN cell ako kahit na busy lagi ang network when calling.

Ano ba naman ang magtext ka na libre? Hehehe...

*I read sa news na tatangalin na ng Globe/TM ang kanilang unlimited service kasi hindi nila kaya i-accomodate ang lahat; sometime this month

very right... today is the last day of TM and Globe all u want... reason? unacceptable service standards...

whatever that means, i would interpret is as di kaya ng system...

Guest PinkGraffiti

globe kasi globe blocked fone ko.. bwizettt, di naman ako umabot sa promo ng Globe all you want nila. i hate to say this pero "Globe, anak ng t*t*ng ka talaga. minsan ka na nga lang mag-offer pro bakit halos for the whole week, e down ang 2870 nyo! madaya!!"

hate ko sa GLOBE and Smart, is per minute charging nila.. pag-dropped ang call... minute pa rin.. dapat petition natin sa NTC for Globe and Smart to go for per second charging na....!!!!! like those abroad, dahil sa true competition.. Per second ang charging, and Intra NETWORK, 1/10 per minute charging from regular rate... and also Unlimited Intranetwork call and txt with a FIxed Plan, para di clogged ang network dahil sa prepaid...

Guest Leviticus

I have been a SUN user for 2 years now. The main reason kaya ako umalis ng Globe and Smart is because maraming hidden charges... pati ba naman pre-paid user may hidden charges?!? Nakakainis at pati pala ilang mga promos and advertisements nila kumakain pala ng load ko.

Ang nakakatawa sa mga nagswitch sa SUN are their comments that it is difficult to make calls. Nakakatawa kasi nga previously tinitipid tipid and nagtyatyaga sila sa minimimun (P25 and P30) load and try to stretch it to as many messages as possible and hindi rin ginagamit pang-call, except for EXTREME emergency. Sa SUN unlimited na nga ang text panay naman ang complain sa calls.

Chance na natin gamitin nonstop ang SMS feature natin, namely the 460 character sending, multi sending, and send to many.

In all honesty nagamit ko lang talaga ang speakerphone feature ng aking cellphone when the 24/7 unlimited started.

If only pati MMS ay applied sa unlimited...

I have been a SUN user for 2 years now.  The main reason kaya ako umalis ng Globe and Smart is because maraming hidden charges... pati ba naman pre-paid user may hidden charges?!? Nakakainis at pati pala ilang mga promos and advertisements nila kumakain pala ng load ko.

Ang nakakatawa sa mga nagswitch sa SUN are their comments that it is difficult to make calls.  Nakakatawa kasi nga previously tinitipid tipid and nagtyatyaga sila sa minimimun (P25 and P30) load and try to stretch it to as many messages as possible and hindi rin ginagamit pang-call, except for EXTREME emergency.  Sa SUN unlimited na nga ang text panay naman ang complain sa calls. 

Chance na natin gamitin nonstop ang SMS feature natin, namely the 460 character sending, multi sending, and send to many.

In all honesty nagamit ko lang talaga ang speakerphone feature ng aking cellphone when the 24/7 unlimited started.

If only pati MMS ay applied sa unlimited...

You said it man!

Wish ko rin na unlimited mms- pero that will take more space on their bandwith kaya I don't think the'll go for that.

You notice we can't send mms from our Sun to Globe or Smart?

hate ko sa GLOBE and Smart, is per minute charging nila.. pag-dropped ang call... minute pa rin.. dapat petition natin sa NTC for Globe and Smart to go for per second charging na....!!!!! like those abroad, dahil sa true competition.. Per second ang charging, and Intra NETWORK, 1/10 per minute charging from regular rate...  and also Unlimited Intranetwork call and txt with a FIxed Plan, para di clogged ang network dahil sa prepaid...

Globe and Islacom used to start charging after the 6th second way back 95 to 2002, dont know if this is still the practice. Kaya nga nauso yung drop call basta before the 6th or 5th second e pinatay mo na ang cell mo para wala kang charge...

Phone Pal before, yes, the Prepaid Card, charges per minute rate and hindi rounded-off to a whole minute, sayang nga lang, wala na Phone Pal, Talk 'N Text na syaa ngayon!!!

Basic comparison:

Sun -- Great promo the 24/7 is really something but in business point of view -- it's your last straw and it's a suicidal attempt. Traffic per subs is low, ARPU is down and ROI is extended or unsure!... Technology keeps on moving, CAPEX continuous to blow-up, OPEX remain at it is -- it's not an ideal ground for investors.

Globe -- The very first in GSM technology. This should be an advantage to them but fails to do so... If I am the Ayala's I would have kicked my Marketing VP!.. Uses Nokia Technology in most of it's infrastracture. Have been aggresive lately considering other carriers have dominated the B market. Obviously, Globe has much control on A market.

SMART -- First an Analog operator (TACS technology) then shifted to GSM in 1999. Manny Pangilinan (SMART Chairman of the Board) should be very happy for he has gotten himself some good people. Why? Smart enter the cellular business in 1994 -- back then Piltel controls the subscriber base and earning revenues left and right. By 1996 -- Smart coverage and subs base is battling neck to neck with Piltel. By 1997, Smart gain leadership. In 1999, Smart joined the GSM race, Globe has been a GSM provider since 1993 -- by year 2002, smart has a wider coverage and a bigger subscriber base... Smart business is really on the right track! What's the secret? My observation is, Smart is always ahead when it comes to innovation. Marketing thinks of the gmik, the engineering guys make it happen!... And that's where Smart leads -- Innovation!

So, which one is better... Obviously, if you want value for money -- Sun's 24/7 is worth looking but you have to sacrifice quality (drop calls, coverage area and clarity). If you are more of a A market, say you want post account -- go with Globe! Although Smart offers relative services, it's Globe main market and that's where they're focus!.. Now, if you are into prepaid -- go to smart, that's Smart's business...

Coverage wise -- it's smart with over 5,000 cellsite nationwide compared to 3000 Globe cellsite.

Corporate Service -- it's globe who has better deals and packages.

Innovation -- basically equal with globe and smart but it's smart who normally releases innovation first.

Facilities -- With wider coverage smart is better but in terms of resources globe has more in trx/sub.

Customer service -- ha! it's person's judgement but all company's provide sufficient training to their Cust Service Officer.

Then which one is better? I go for Smart, quality wise Smart and globe is more or less equal... Customer Service -- both has weak point but have the plus... resources per subs as long a you can make a call -- I see no problem... but coverage -- that's the key! You don't have one, you can't make a call! And you if can't make a call -- what do you have cell phone?