Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just wanna ask kung mura ba ang 2nd hand na rolex dito sa singapore? tsaka anon airline mura papunta singapore from manila? mura kasi yung pabalik via tiger airways pero wala ako makita na murang papunta dun.. ty

have you checked sa CEBU PACIFIC bro???

i do think CEBU PACIFIC and TIGER AIRWAYS are the cheapest going to SINGAPORE...don't know about JETSTAR though...

:)

I'm going to Singapore in February to attend an event and will be staying there for three days and two nights. How much pocket money do you think I should be bringing? I'm not really looking forward to shopping that much. Most likely pasalubong lang bibilhin ko. I'm more curious how much I should budget for meals, entrance fees to tourist spots and public transportation. Do you think a budget of $100 USD per day (or $300 USD for my entire stay) will be enough? I will be travelling with two other companions.

I'm going to Singapore in February to attend an event and will be staying there for three days and two nights. How much pocket money do you think I should be bringing? I'm not really looking forward to shopping that much. Most likely pasalubong lang bibilhin ko. I'm more curious how much I should budget for meals, entrance fees to tourist spots and public transportation. Do you think a budget of $100 USD per day (or $300 USD for my entire stay) will be enough? I will be travelling with two other companions.

well, if i may bro...

meals would probably cost you around 4-5 SGD, depending on the place you're going but "carinderia type stalls" charge that amount...kasama na drinks dun which is about a sing dollar...

as for transportation, it's easier to navigate through the MRT...since the stop overs are very well explained, i just have a hard time navigating through the bus routes though....

as for shopping pasalubongs, go to BUGIS -- they have key chains that costs you 18 pieces for 10 SGD, SINGAPORE T SHIRTS costs 3 pcs for 10 SGD, XL size and 4 pcs 10 sgd for s,m and L sizes..

also, if you're going to GEYLANG LOR 18, damage is 80 sgd all in all (condom, room and tip) for 45 minutes...

hth bro...

In Orchard, there are meals at $5, drinks at $1.25. If you plan to go out at night, beers I think is now $15+. bottle of vodka, whiskey in a club starts at $70, a glass is about $25. If you can't afford to go to Bugis for the pasalubong you can go to Lucky Plaza as an option, its along Orchard, across Wisma Atria. or sa CHinatown.

For tourist spots, where do you wanna go? USS is around $72-80,(around that range when i purchased my ticket) one day weekend pass. The bird parks, zoo, night safari (kung trip mo lang naman) is $58.

Your top-up card (mrt card) will really depend on your itinerary... I used to top up $20/day, but I go places and I use the bus most of the time. For me $100/day will also depend on how and where will you spend it. I always budget my trip just like you, at $100/day but I end up spending toooo much!

have you checked sa CEBU PACIFIC bro???

i do think CEBU PACIFIC and TIGER AIRWAYS are the cheapest going to SINGAPORE...don't know about JETSTAR though...

When there is a Piso SALE, Cebu Pacific is hands down the cheapest. We were able to book Singapore back and forth for four people for only 15T, when they had their sale early this year. So that is roughly 4T per person round trip!

But if there is no SALE, Jetstar is the cheapest coming from Manila (not Clark). Roughly around 8T per person round trip. And this was during the peak F1 season.

I think Tiger Airways will start travelling from Manila (NAIA) soon. If they do, Tiger Airways might be a good choice too. I just find it too tiring to go all the way to Clark just to save a few hundred pesos. Which more likely would be spent on gasoline cost going to Clark.

^

occasionally, the savings are more than just a few hundred bucks. and if you travel as a family like i do, the compounded savings might be an attractive come-on for one to consider traveling from clark.

personally, i have traveled twice using clark as my jump off point. the first going to kl via air asia, and the other going to sg via cebu pac.

if cebu pac still offers just one flight going to sg though, you are better off finding another flight. the schedule of that flight stinks. leaving for sg late at night isn't the problem, its returning back in the early morn that is.

imagine coming back tired from your holiday and yet, you still have to drive all the way back to manila (if you are from the city). it is bad enough when your flight arrives on time, but it's many times worse when your flight is delayed. unfortunately, that was what we experienced and i was forced to drive like a zombie fighting off sleep at 4 to 5 am with the sun coming out as we hit edsa. the other members of your family will have a tough time, too even if they don't have to drive.

me, coming from the NORTH and all, it's best to travel from CLARK because it is more convenient, kokonti lang ang travelers, not unlike sa NAIA terminals where ang gulo gulo....

but one disadvantage sa clark is sobrang strict sila sa traffic going to the airport, my dad was caught here 3x na for disregarding traffic signs pero napapakiusapan naman sila...

so, the travel is worth it since mas convenient siya from you checking in to boarding...

When there is a Piso SALE, Cebu Pacific is hands down the cheapest. We were able to book Singapore back and forth for four people for only 15T, when they had their sale early this year. So that is roughly 4T per person round trip!

But if there is no SALE, Jetstar is the cheapest coming from Manila (not Clark). Roughly around 8T per person round trip. And this was during the peak F1 season.

I think Tiger Airways will start travelling from Manila (NAIA) soon. If they do, Tiger Airways might be a good choice too. I just find it too tiring to go all the way to Clark just to save a few hundred pesos. Which more likely would be spent on gasoline cost going to Clark.

Got the 888 fare from Air Phil for next summer. Cost less than P2.8K per person RT. Downside is you get to arrive in Singapre around 9pm and the flight back to Manila arrive past midnight.

Got the 888 fare from Air Phil for next summer. Cost less than P2.8K per person RT. Downside is you get to arrive in Singapre around 9pm and the flight back to Manila arrive past midnight.

That's a very good deal. Usually the Service charges, security charges, levies and insurance (optional), would already cost you 1.5T++. How many kilos are allowed in AirPhils' baggage?

We have rates for Singapore packages that start at US$120 per person on twin share and US$106 per person on Triple share for 3 Days and 2 Nights Hotel with breakfast, RT transfers and City tour. We also customize tours for small or large groups. Biggest Group I handled was 600 persons. We also arrange tours for Universal Studios, Sentosa, Night Safari, Jurong and others.

Airfare is nor included as there are many to select from.

Please PM if you need details. Or you can text me at 0916-4796087.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

MGa kabayan,Any feedback about Value Hotel Thomson? Kita ko sa net, cheaper sya compare sa hotel along orchard road. Previously we stay at lucky plaza renting a room charging 170 sgd, lately gusto 200 sgd na. TrIed iBis balliester ok naman pero cheaper ata value hotel. I am on a medical treatment At mt. Elizabeth hospital kaya maximizing all my finances for my health .