Singapore Travel - Hidden Secrets

Any suggestions for great places to dine ???? From street foods to casual to fine dining.

you go to gluttons bay, or chinatown for hawker centers.

for fine dining, what type of cuisine? theres a lot in St. Regis, its in Tanglin Rd. Try Astor Bar in St. Regis. and Zento. for pinoy cuisine, there is 7107 flavors in marina square. May sisig dun na $12. :) i think buffet is $24. Nung kumain kami dun, our bill is at $74, na parang dapat ako pa yata nagbayad. :upside:

you go to gluttons bay, or chinatown for hawker centers.

for fine dining, what type of cuisine? theres a lot in St. Regis, its in Tanglin Rd. Try Astor Bar in St. Regis. and Zento. for pinoy cuisine, there is 7107 flavors in marina square. May sisig dun na $12. :) i think buffet is $24. Nung kumain kami dun, our bill is at $74, na parang dapat ako pa yata nagbayad. :upside:

I will keep your suggestions in mind ...... I hope they make great food trip frs. hehehehehe

Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
Mga bro and sis....I'll be going to Singapore on April 21-23 to attend a conference sa Suntec. Please recomend a hotel near Suntec where I can stay yung hinde too expensive. Tnx!

mandarin oriental is near suntec, 150$ a night, but the buffet breakfast if so worth it, great pool too!

^

sabi na nga mayaman ka brad. i mean, you must be if you consider $150 not too expensive. :) but then, $150 does seem like a reasonable rate for the mandarin. not outright cheap, but reasonable.

ive been to singapore for vacation 4 times, will be going back in june, everytime i stayed at a different hotel, the mandarin oriental was the best but cheapest hotel ive stayed, my kid was even allowed to eat at the buffet breakfast, soi think its really cheap considering how expensive food in singapore is, hehe and daming libreng mineral water kaya, 1.5 sing kaya isang bote, sulit talaga, and best buffet breakfast ive eaten my life

ive been to singapore for vacation 4 times, will be going back in june, everytime i stayed at a different hotel, the mandarin oriental was the best but cheapest hotel ive stayed, my kid was even allowed to eat at the buffet breakfast, soi think its really cheap considering how expensive food in singapore is, hehe and daming libreng mineral water kaya, 1.5 sing kaya isang bote, sulit talaga, and best buffet breakfast ive eaten my life

as a rule, i usually look for a hotel that costs <$200, particularly in the $100-150 range. bihira ako makakita ng a good hotel that is < $100 but, meron naman. these are the bargains, the steals, and i rejoice when i find an acceptable one in this price range.

but reality is, mahal na lahat, pati accommodation. medyo mabigat bumayad ng $150 pero this price is beginning to be on the cheap side nowadays. but if the price comes with buffet breakfast, tapos kids are allowed to eat free pa, then that qualifies as a steal. the next time i go to sg, the mandarin will be at the top of my list of places to stay.

thanks for sharing.

as a rule, i usually look for a hotel that costs <$200, particularly in the $100-150 range. bihira ako makakita ng a good hotel that is < $100 but, meron naman. these are the bargains, the steals, and i rejoice when i find an acceptable one in this price range.

but reality is, mahal na lahat, pati accommodation. medyo mabigat bumayad ng $150 pero this price is beginning to be on the cheap side nowadays. but if the price comes with buffet breakfast, tapos kids are allowed to eat free pa, then that qualifies as a steal. the next time i go to sg, the mandarin will be at the top of my list of places to stay.

thanks for sharing.

kanski, last dec 2008, i stayed at the carlton near city hall, 4 star hotel lang sya, went with my wife and only one son of mine, pinayagan din syang kumain sa buffet breakfast, but breakfast was just soso, mas mahal pa sya sa mandarin oriental, actually if you book before xmas, you get it cheaper, but i think price will increase specially on the 24th or 25th, ill be going back this june, and because of the great singapore sale, prices are a little bit higher, i booked at meritius mandarin at orchard road, medyo mahal sya at 197$ with buffet breakfast

ask lang mga parekoy... open na ba universal studios singapore

at ano hotel ang malapit at reasonable ang price...

tia...

yap universal studios singapore opened last march 18. entrance to the park is S$66 for adults and about S$40 for kids. hotel within the area is hardrock hotel though this is way too pricey at S$300/night compared to hotels within the city.

• 2 weeks later...

yap universal studios singapore opened last march 18. entrance to the park is S$66 for adults and about S$40 for kids. hotel within the area is hardrock hotel though this is way too pricey at S$300/night compared to hotels within the city.

was at universal studios singapore yesterday ...... my nephew who works in sentosa resort world got us tickets at 44 singapore dollars. Plus they included this 10 dollar meal stub and 5 dollar retail stub.

So quite a nice deal if I may say so ..... some of the attractions are not bad. the people are quite friendly so overall, it was a nice experience.

• 1 month later...

anyone here has a review on peninsula excelsior hotel?

thats where we stayed last holy week ......

The hotel itself is not bad (a 3-4 star hotel if I'm not mistaken) the rooms we got are not really that big but good enough for a decent nights sleep (we were out most of the time). Cable television is quite limited as far as number of available channels are concerned. There is a cable where you can connect to the internet but since I did not bring my laptop I did not make use of it. (dont know if you will be charged for it) ...... the bathroom is a little small for me and they don't dont even have soap holders.

Whats nice about the hotel is its proximity to some decent eateries, malls and shops (one of which is the Funan Mall for the techies) and its only a block away to access the underground MRT.

Cant remember the price per night (I actually dont know since it was my mom that was in charge of booking the hotel with the travel agent)