The Honda Lovers Thread

i drive a 2003 model, MT. I've cruised it 145kph with more to spare. the crv has power, but to get it there, it consumes more gas than a sedan simply because its not aero efficient. well, that's expected from a mini-suv.

my actual experience is that the AT is more fuel efficient than the MT. I own a MT while my dad has an AT, which i get to use as well. you can get 8kms in the city and perhaps 9 to 10 in the highway with the AT. any fuel savings between the AT and the MT is marginal.

if you can afford the crv or any vehicle with a 2000 cc engine displacement or higher, you may as well afford to pay the gas.

Have the same experience: 8km/L city, 10 mixed city/hgwy ('07 2.0L A/T model).

Have to agree that the 2.0L variant is underpowered. Takes a bit of depressing the gas pedal to accelerate.

Edited by kanski

honda CRV is not underpowered..actually it has a bigger engine thus the mileage is very poor 8-10km/liter. The maintenance is also expensive..specially if you go the casa.. For minor repairs..underchassis etc..not requiring electronic system..bring them to qualified technicians that you personally know or from friends. For tune ups and other things that is connected to the electronic system of the unit..no choice ka dyan.. you have to bring them to the CASA.

For all the information of the readers..not all mechanics sa casa ay magaling. Kasi when the mechanic is good, they left and nagtatayo ng sariling shop ang mga yan. Thats the information that we should find out. Why not start a directory of good honda technicians or shops, c/w address ang telephone no.?

Apperance, well we have different views and perception. But for me honda has the edgein design. For cost of spare parts.

Altis being a toyota has the edge. But repairs usually come after 3 yrs of use, of course depending on the use. So if you go for looks, go for honda and dispose it after 3 yrs. If you tend to keep the car for long, go for Altis.. at the moment, my car selection depends on the fuel consumption..maganda nga pangit naman sa bulsa..

honda CRV is not underpowered..actually it has a bigger engine thus the mileage is very poor 8-10km/liter. The maintenance is also expensive..specially if you go the casa.. For minor repairs..underchassis etc..not requiring electronic system..bring them to qualified technicians that you personally know or from friends. For tune ups and other things that is connected to the electronic system of the unit..no choice ka dyan.. you have to bring them to the CASA.

For all the information of the readers..not all mechanics sa casa ay magaling. Kasi when the mechanic is good, they left and nagtatayo ng sariling shop ang mga yan. Thats the information that we should find out. Why not start a directory of good honda technicians or shops, c/w address ang telephone no.?

i agee with you brod, i own a limited ed 01 which is staring to be high-maintenance, and the casa really cost too much for some simple repairs and tune-ups.It would be nice to have info and advices where we can bring our cars other than the casa. The advantage of casas lang is the facility and tools they have,and also supply of genuine parts.pero ung ibang parts,sa lbas din lang nila kinukuha eh...

para sa akin depende kung willing ka gumastos ng malaki sa maintenance ng car mo, kasi pag honda mahal yung parts at yung service lalo na sa kasa mo ipapaayos. pero pag toyota mura yung parts and service. pero kung titingnan yung mga suspension and shock ng car boto ako sa Toyota magaling talaga sila sa mga suspension pero kung gusto mo ng class and mukhang bigatin ka tingnan sa kalsada i say Civic gasi ang ganda talga nila.

i dont agree on what others say about honda'service and parts being expensive. i say, u get your money's worth,bec u get genuine parts and it lasts long. for other car makers,their parts is cheap bec u get to replace them and have them serviced more frequent.but for us u can have ur car serviced less frequent bec we gurantee them for like 10k kms. so which way do u want?

If this question was for 2004 like when it was started then I would go for the Altis. If you ask me now then I go for the Civic.

We both have the 2002 Altis and the 2007 Civic.

So for me the 2002 Altis beats the 2002 Civic and the 2007 Civic beats the 2007 Altis. This is my overall opinion on these cars, looks, efficiency, power, interior, etc.

what's the issue kung puede maging taxi ang kotse mo? pareho lang naman halos ang price eh civic and altis - same class lang yun kahit ginagawang taxi (sa ibang bansa mas maganda pa ang taxi nila kaysa sa mga civic, or altis for that matter) in the end of the day both cars get you where you want to go....kung nagpapasosyal ka mag SUV or 2.0 liter car ka

honda CRV is not underpowered..actually it has a bigger engine thus the mileage is very poor 8-10km/liter.

I don't know how you came up with the assumption that 8-10km/L is very poor. You must be comparing this to mileages recorded by diesel engines. Or even the 1.3 L engines of the cute-ute sedans.

A mileage of 8-10 is good to me.

Poor would be 6-7 km/L.

Very poor would be 4-5.

Edited by kanski

is it true that the 2nd Gen CRV and Latest CRv has the same engone, cause same I-vtec daw?

We have a '2003 Crv -AT 2.0, 15000 mileage lang, but nasa 6.5-7.0 km/li lang consumo, i used synthetic oil, iridium plugs pa. mixed trafic driving, semi hataw lang. my friendly mechanic says dont expect too much with any 2.0 engine tapos AT pa!, yung 8.0 k/liter above is dapat wala daw masyado trafiic- chambahan lang.

my friend's 2002 Camry 2.0, compalining din ksi 6.0 lang daw, jackpot na pag naka 7.0km/li. In my opinion, we have to prepare our wallet when we want a 2.0 engine , be it honda, toyota, nissan, hyundai etc.. kung yung mga naka 1.6 li nga umaangal sa gas, what more the 2.0up :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

sige na nga, magche-chery na lang ako.. yung china na brand. 0.8 lang ang makina.. tipid siguro sa gasolina.

yun lang nga, pag nabangga.. parang ipis ka lang, lalo sa highway.

hehe.. anyway, can anyone answer my earlier question - if there is anything changed in CRV from last year to this year?

is it true that the 2nd Gen CRV and Latest CRv has the same engone, cause same I-vtec daw?

We have a '2003 Crv -AT 2.0, 15000 mileage lang, but nasa 6.5-7.0 km/li lang consumo, i used synthetic oil, iridium plugs pa. mixed trafic driving, semi hataw lang. my friendly mechanic says dont expect too much with any 2.0 engine tapos AT pa!, yung 8.0 k/liter above is dapat wala daw masyado trafiic- chambahan lang.

My friend's 2002 Camry 2.0, compalining din ksi 6.0 lang daw, jackpot na pag naka 7.0km/li. In my opinion, we have to prepare our wallet when we want a 2.0 engine , be it honda, toyota, nissan, hyundai etc.. kung yung mga naka 1.6 li nga umaangal sa gas, what more the 2.0up :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Point of clarification lang..

The way a person drives has a lot to do with the actual mileage of his vehicle. Point in case: this current model CRV we have acquired actually does around 6.9 km/L (about 7.0) when I drive it and 7.8 km/L (about 8.0) when my wife drives it (w/c is more often owing to the fact that it is her car). Sunday driving pa yung akin when there is less traffic while my wife drives it in the more congested days of Mon - Sat.

By comparison, I myself drive a 2002 2.0L Toyota RAV4 A/T for every day use and I swear I still register close to 8.0 km/L (I guess my RAV has a better power-to-weight ratio). I purposely try to drive as efficiently as possible by not incurring fast starts or sudden stops, owing to soaring gas prices. And I'd like to believe that it has paid off.

Earlier experiences include driving 1.6 L M/T vehicles and registering consumption of just 6-7 km/L. But these were the days when I drove more aggressively.

Hope this helps.

We have an 03 CRV 2.0 and all I can say is that I am doing around 5-6km per liter lang. Regular city driving and no sudden acceleration. Engine is underpowered to push the CRV. You have to rev upto 2500-3000 to get some good acceleration... Well maintained ang CRV namin but still have the same results....

We have an 03 CRV 2.0 and all I can say is that I am doing around 5-6km per liter lang. Regular city driving and no sudden acceleration. Engine is underpowered to push the CRV. You have to rev upto 2500-3000 to get some good acceleration... Well maintained ang CRV namin but still have the same results....

sir.. 2000 to 3000 rpm is the economical rpm when shiftng... if u go under that,it goin to be bad for your engine and trnsmission. 3000 rpm and up is already considered performance driving..