The Honda Lovers Thread

hi all!pwede nyo po ba ako tulungan? which should I buy, a brand new Sentra 1.3 manual or a second hand CRV 2003, 4 x 2, matic? The sentra sells for about 610k while the CRV sells for 550k. I will just use the vehicle to drive from Paranaque to Makati daily pagpasok sa office. Alin po ang mas logical na bilihin at kung saan ako makakatipid.

hi all!pwede nyo po ba ako tulungan? which should I buy, a brand new Sentra 1.3 manual or a second hand CRV 2003, 4 x 2, matic? The sentra sells for about 610k while the CRV sells for 550k. I will just use the vehicle to drive from Paranaque to Makati daily pagpasok sa office. Alin po ang mas logical na bilihin at kung saan ako makakatipid.

it depends on your preferences... owning car reflects your personality... but on my opinion a honda crv is better... y? there are many reasons...

let me name a few..

-good service

-high re sale value

-SUV (for CRV) much safer than a car.

-and AT for heavy traffic...

but..

-if you want to save on gas.. ofcourse nissan 1.3 is your choice...

i kinda like the 99 model better... the 07 crv looks lower than the normal suv.. also, i hate how the front looks... (parang kulang ng isang pustiso) the side is nice though... the back is kinda like an imitation of xtrail plus volvo wagon... just my opinion

Definetly GO for the CRV, you will be in a higher class of vehicle. It would be difficult to compare it to the *Sentra (Car vs SUV)

The 2.0 variant has SOHC designs....

The 2.4 variant is the better deal considering it includes side airbags, 4x4, leather seats, 2-tone interiors, foglamps (HID), and a more powerful engine with just 200k Php difference,....IMHO

The side is rounder compared to the last.....no poker table....lots of cup-holders though....

Edited by hilars888
it depends on your preferences... owning car reflects your personality... but on my opinion a honda crv is better... y? there are many reasons...

let me name a few..

-good service

-high re sale value

-SUV (for CRV) much safer than a car.

-and AT for heavy traffic...

but..

-if you want to save on gas.. ofcourse nissan 1.3 is your choice...

Many many thanks po!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 98 CRV. Sometime in 2001, the propeller drive shaft center bearing hit a rock while driving at low speed. The bearing holder got bent a little bit so we hammered it back. No problem since then. But now, 6 years later, I think the center bearing is already shot and vibrates when I drive at 80 to 90 KPH.

I asked the mechanics if they can replace the CRV propeller shaft center bearing. They told me, there's no way to replace the center bearing without buying the entire propeller shaft assembly. Is this true?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I have a 2003 CRV 4 x 2. I have 2 windows that are malfunctioning. I am not sure if it is the power window system or just a simple stuck up. Do you know of a good shop whre I can have this problem checked. Honda casa charges too much and will only recommend to replace whole pwer window system.

• 2 weeks later...
What's the typical waiting period for the AT 2007 CRV?

Ordered my 4x4 last week of April and it's coming in on the first or second week of June. Apparently they ordered more of the 4x2 2.0's instead of the 4x4 2.4's. They didn't expect the greater demand for the 4x4's. Worst case scenario: last week of June. :angry:

I also heard from the service technicians in Honda Alabang that they cost less to maintain due to less frequent and cheaper checkups.

Anyone here has an idea about its gas consumption?

The 2.0 variant has SOHC designs....

The 2.4 variant is the better deal considering it includes side airbags, 4x4, leather seats, 2-tone interiors, foglamps (HID), and a more powerful engine with just 200k Php difference,....IMHO

The side is rounder compared to the last.....no poker table....lots of cup-holders though....

Edited by xcholox