The Honda Lovers Thread

ok lang civic kaso after 3 years dapat ng ibenta kundi talo sa maintainance...

d lng 3 years bro. i had an '01 civic vti for 6 years without breaking down. then i sold it my brother and he still drives it. to date, still no major breakdowns and maintenance costs are reasonable. depende lng talaga sa gumagamit kung gano kahaba tatagal ang car.

I have a 2006 CRV A/T...driving is 8 to 8.5km/l...napansin ko lang na minsan may parang whistle sound akong marinig...initially i thought it was from the car stereo sound but found out na hindi pala. it seems that the sound comes out pag umandar yung aircon compressor but hindi naman frequent...

any similar experience you had guys?

I also have the same experience sa 2003 A/T CRV namin. Parang utot yung tunog.

Acquired my Civic 1.8S just last July and it's absolutely the best compared to any other Japanese cars these days!

For one, I really hate to see its counterpart - Altis variant being used as a taxi.

Considering the price, unit price of a Civic 1.8S at Ph849,000++ already goes with a 1.8 engine while Altis at more or less within the price range has 1.6 only which is not worth a good buy for me.

Just my two cents...

Drive Safely

My issue with my CRV is the aircon. Sometimes, parang bilgang humihina, like its holding its breath. Then after a few seconds, it will be back to normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

hi.. the problem with that is the dial mechanism. we have the same problem. and the last time i checked it will cost us at around 20k for that mechanism.

and for the whislting sound.you should have your a/c cleaned.

hi.. the problem with that is the dial mechanism. we have the same problem. and the last time i checked it will cost us at around 20k for that mechanism.

and for the whislting sound.you should have your a/c cleaned.

THE FIRST GEN CRV THE BEST! ITS AN SUV WITH A NORMAL CAR PLATFORM.

My issue with my CRV is the aircon. Sometimes, parang bilgang humihina, like its holding its breath. Then after a few seconds, it will be back to normal. Anyone else experiencing this?

i have the same issue. if the fan motor speed is between 1/3 to 3/4 of the way to max, the fan simply konks out and after a few seconds it switches back on... akala ko it's unique to my CRV 2003.

btw, sumabog na rin ang original compressor ko on the 26th month. aircon warranty is only 24-months. damay ang evaporator at condenser and spent P55k to replace all of it.

i have the same issue. if the fan motor speed is between 1/3 to 3/4 of the way to max, the fan simply konks out and after a few seconds it switches back on... akala ko it's unique to my CRV 2003.

btw, sumabog na rin ang original compressor ko on the 26th month. aircon warranty is only 24-months. damay ang evaporator at condenser and spent P55k to replace all of it.

sa akin ganon din mga 26 months bumigay dina ang aircon. suwerte ko lang at mababa ang mileage ko pinalitan naman ng casa ng bago. bayad ko lang labor and linis. mga 3000 plus noon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need advise from you good folks. I'm thinking of buying a new car this year and I'm choosing between the Civic and Toyota. Actually, I've always had my eye on getting a Honda Civic from way back. The only thing that's keeping me from being totally convinced in buying it is the maintenance costs. I heard that mataas daw talaga ang cost for change oil, tune up, parts etc. Which is the total opposite for the Altis as we all know that Toyota parts are readily available and affordable.

What I'd like to know is how much is the average cost for the common maintenance like change oil, tune up etc.

For the Altis' part, I like how the exterior looks like and I know it's a good car. Plus cost of maintenance is indeed very afforable compared to that of the Civic.

Hope you can help with my query.

here's my 2 cents on the topic....civic has a higher resale value than an altis.....never seen a honda being used as a taxi before (no offense to toyota owners)....downside lang sa honda: higher maintenance cost ( mainly due to more expensive parts)....so with that in mind...i go for the civic.