The Honda Lovers Thread

here's my 2 cents on the topic....civic has a higher resale value than an altis.....never seen a honda being used as a taxi before (no offense to toyota owners)....downside lang sa honda: higher maintenance cost ( mainly due to more expensive parts)....so with that in mind...i go for the civic.

Can you give me an idea how an average tune up or change oil will be for a Civic?

The civic has a higher resale value than the corolla in the Philippine market because Pinoys put such a high premium on looks. I'm not saying that the civic sells based on its looks alone; it's probably the most technologically advanced in its class, but being head and shoulders above every other model in its category (looks-wise) is its strongest selling point. Having a better performing engine and tranny also helps. Personally I don't mind having a car model that's being used as a taxi. Being used as a taxi attests to the durability of that model. In the American market Toyotas outsell Hondas by a wide margin. Why? Because they value durability over looks. I'm not one of them, that's why I'd still choose the civic. :lol:

• 1 month later...
advice please, which would be a better choice between a civic or an altis?

Civic = for porma, esteem

Toyota = for practicality, kahit palengke, meron parts thats sold

Technical stuff: both performs well, good technology behind it, excellent total cost of ownership, although Civic's resale value is way up there.

But if you're kikay, one can do more landi stuff with the civic, aftermarket parts and services.

Im a little bit biased with hondas,firsts are always sentimental.

There! :thumbsupsmiley:

Between the two, Civic syempre. Styling, power, etc.

Sa pangit ba naman ng bagong Altis. Nagtataka nga ako bat nagpalit pa sila ng modelo? Maganda pa yung dating Altis. The only thing the current Altis has going for it is that it's a Toyota. Kahit sa 7-11 pwede ka makabili ng piyesa....Kung oil filter lang, baka kahit sa bakery meron. :lol: