Why Do Beautiful Women Fall For Ugly Men?

• 3 weeks later...
I would say... physical appearance doesn't really matter.. it's what the heart dictates that matters the most...

I agree to that. ang kagandahang panlabas ay mangungupas at kumukulubot. Pro ang kagandahan ng puso ay kailan man hindi na magbabago.

Hindi rin kasi lahat ng magandang babae ay naghahanap ng gwapo, they are looking for the man that they will love them for the rest of their life.

if we assume people pick partners randomly, then statistically a woman who is say in the top 10% of the beauty scale (assuming this could be quantified subjectively, i know it cant) would be 90% likely to have a mate who was lower on the same scale.

of course i dont think people pick partners randomly.

i think that some beautiful women grow to resent being judged on their looks alone, and often it takes someone from the other end of the spectrum to appreciate this. That is, ugly men tend to take more time getting to know people, looking beyond beauty, because that is the only way they can get a woman to do the same to them.

On the other hand, there are women who grow up buying so much into the talk of their own beauty that they would never consider their precious genes mingling with ugly ones. Just look at peping cojuangco with kids like mikee, maimai, and china... and you will know that this thinking is misguided.

Edited by bene_factor

Seen this somewhere as well:

Given the statistical chances of winning the man of their dreams, women usually settle for the second best, -which is certain qualities come into play, such as good company, kindness and clean fingernails, and a sense of humour.

In fact, it is a common occurance for attractive women to choose ugly men: they can be relied on not to stray. This is possibly an instinctive throwback to the days when it was important to keep a man close to base when the babies started arriving, and it appears to have correlation in hormonal responses.

This is the funny part:

In a study made by Austrian researchers, using T-shirts impregnated with scent associated with attractive and less attractive men, they gave these to women to sniff throughout their menstrual cycle. They concluded that women seemed more attracted to the scent associated with better looking men when at the beginning and end of their cycle- but in the middle, when they were at their most fertile, they are more attracted to the uglier ones.

Seen this somewhere as well:

Given the statistical chances of winning the man of their dreams, women usually settle for the second best, -which is certain qualities come into play, such as good company, kindness and clean fingernails, and a sense of humour.

In fact, it is a common occurance for attractive women to choose ugly men: they can be relied on not to stray. This is possibly an instinctive throwback to the days when it was important to keep a man close to base when the babies started arriving, and it appears to have correlation in hormonal responses.

This is the funny part:

In a study made by Austrian researchers, using T-shirts impregnated with scent associated with attractive and less attractive men, they gave these to women to sniff throughout their menstrual cycle. They concluded that women seemed more attracted to the scent associated with better looking men when at the beginning and end of their cycle- but in the middle, when they were at their most fertile, they are more attracted to the uglier ones.

wow!!! parang klase sa college!... pwede ring pang Reporters Notebook o kaya Kapuso mo, Jessica! hehehe

"Its not the size, its the sense" :cool: I'm not being arrogant but i have dated few goodlooking women actually if you get to know them better they dont actually go for the looks they just want someone that they can connect with but some goodlooking women goes for the looks, Its just vice versa like guys like us, always wants the bestlooking gf dat we can find like a trophy gf.

Gwapo is ok pero....

what if slow naman diba.. kakaturn off.

Or gwapo nga.. tapos babaero naman! O diba. wag na rin.

For example, ako I would choose a man na mas matalino sha sakin. May sense kausap.

Then sweet and gentle. And not bprong! I think if he has these, kahit di sha gwapo, basta "presentable" ok na. I guess it's always the total package that counts.

I met a guy almost three years ago, gwapo, matalino, sweet, gentleman, magaling.... panalo talaga. hehe since then i made sure he is mine, and ako lang gurl nya wala ng iba. See... may mga great packages pa naman dyan, just gotta be patient and make sure you choose someone worth your love.

Actually I dont feel bad of seing an ugly guy being with a gorgeous girlfriend actually humahanga nga ako sa ugly guy na yun malay mo kahit ugly sya madami naman magagandang qualities ung ugly guy na yun. What I hate is yunh makakita ka ng panget na guy na may kasamang magandang GF tapos ang yabang feeling gwuapo yun ang nakakaasar... :D

....normally the ugly guy was the only one who had the guts to court the beautiful girl....his reward....a trophy girlfriend.....while the other guys can only watch and weep.

and also the ugly guy has more lust and horny-ness in him than the cute faggy nice guy. I know because im an ugly guy :evil:

Guest bleeding_angel
heh, i remember a phrase that my friend once told me. "we do not love them because they are beautiful, but because we love them, they become beautiful to us"

agree with this one... when i like a guy, gwapo siya sa paningin ko... even during his goofy moments... :blush:

Edited by bleeding_angel

come to think of it, the simple reason (according to statistics) is that there are more females than males in the philippines.

and simply put, the number of good looking total packaged guys (which are very rare somehow) are either already taken and/or babaeros. the females have no choice but to get the next good thing (or the lesser evil, in most cases) :lol: hehehe

Edited by evo7