Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

unfortunately for you ... oo, base sa ruling hindi yun galing media na edited para sa simpletons. malaking KGGHAN ba? pa appoint ka as SEC chair para maisaayos mo ito .... tutal mas nagmamagaling ka sa explanation ng SEC . lolz

========

well they promise change right? its now coming!

the economy has been moving forward for the past years as evidenced by a fast growing middle class unfortunately this administration seems bent on reversing the situation

Philippines improves ranking in WEF’s Inclusive Development Index

By Czeriza Valencia (The Philippine Star) | Updated January 26, 2018 - 12:00am
“Most citizens evaluate their respective countries’ economic progress not by published GDP growth statistics but by changes in their households’ standard of living – a multidimensional phenomenon that encompasses income, employment opportunity, economic security, and quality of life,” the report said.
Edited by daphne loves derby

“He said Carandang also violated Section 3-K of RA 3019 in relation to Section 2 Rule 5 of OMB Administrative Order No. 7 “for divulging valuable information of confidential character acquired by his office or by him on account of his official position to unauthorized persons or releasing such information in advance for its authorized release date“

based on the charges it’s easy to read between the lines ...

kung wala o peke yun accounts paano magiging valuable info yun?

does anyone here thinks the president will file charges had Carandang said that the ombudsman is conducting investigation on the accounts of the president and his family and they are not able to find any accounts that can prove his alleged wealth.

Duterte admin in a nutshell: everyone should follow the rule of law. Unless if the law goes against the admin. If so, then the admin should break the law. Then admin will change the law so that what admin was doing appears to be legal. Make it so that admin’s mindless minions think that admin is the epitome of being lawful.

Joke’s on us.

Well in any case, good luck paying your new electricity bill with the TRAIN law now in full effect. I hear it’s reaching P1/kW/h now. Hope the savings you got from the extra take home pay is enough to cover that, nevermind the rest of the population that the lower income tax did not benefit at all.

During the American occupation, Mindanao was divided into military districts, each under a military governor. Mindanao's development was steady then.

When the provincial government was turned to over to the civilians, i.e. to the ruling tribal clans, development stagnated due to rido (clan wars), political patronage, corruption, graft, and pure and simple lack of leadership and administration skills.

It seems that up to now, Muslim Mindanao still has to be governed military style.

Edited by camiar

Well duterte isn’t very smart also. I think he’s just as incompetent as his predecessor, so there’s that.

He may not be very smart, but he is definitely NOT incompetent.

Economic data are starting to come out now revealing the incompetence of Abnoy.

We still have to wait a few years to prove Du30's competency, but based on his decisions and programs, I am satisfied that he is not incompetent, as compared to what I immediately observed of his predecessor Abnoy as early as in his first few weeks in office.

This is interesting...

another utang na loob move..

I dont know this guy personally so i will reserve my comments on his appointment at a later time. Tignan muna natin kung ano magagawa niyan. Ano ba JD ng isang envoy for OFW concerns na bukod pa sa JD ng mga tao sa OWWA?

Im also wondering....

Papano kung hindi INC (lets say katoliko o member ng rival Ang Dating Daan) ang hihingi ng tulong, maaaksyunan kaya agad??

INC head Eduardo Manalo is Duterte's new envoy for OFW concerns

https://www.rappler.com/nation/196033-iglesia-ni-cristo-eduardo-manalo-special-envoy-ofws?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nation

• Like (+1) 1

Duterte vows to go after Lopez-owned Benpres, 6 other firms indebted to DBP

Read more: http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/local-news/2017/08/30/duterte-vows-go-after-lopez-owned-benpres-6-other-firms-indebted-dbp
Follow us: @sunstaronline on Twitter | SunStar Philippines on Facebook

"I would go after these elite and I will not name the person but their companies before – Benpres and about six other companies – have debts to DBP," the President said. "They're using public funds to finance their business but they're getting the earnings. And yet, they were not able to pay and it was condoned by government," he added. According to a 2011 column piece by newspaper Philippine Daily Inquirer, the loans granted and written off by the DPB to various corporations belonging to the Lopez group amounted to over P1.6 billion. This means that the government lost P1.6 billion to the group. Citing the DBP documents, the report cited that written-off loans were granted to Maynilad Water (P710.86 million); Bayantel (P591.81 million), Central CATV Inc. (P207.1 million); and Benpres Holdings (P157.95 billion). "All these corporations belong to, or used to belong to the Lopez group. Benpres Holdings, for example, is still operating, but the DBP has already written off loans given to it," the newspaper said.

• Like (+1) 1

It uses United Nations data to rank the countries. If you have the pdf file of the report, go to page 222 and you can see what years the data are from

Guess which country is at no. 1

The 20 best countries to invest in now

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-news-best-countries-to-invest-in-now-2018-3

Best Countries to Invest In

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/invest-in-full-list

It uses United Nations data to rank the countries. If you have the pdf file of the report, go to page 222 and you can see what years the data are from

correct. no argument there.

Choosing the Countries to Rank

We narrowed the world's nations down to a statistically manageable group by comparing the performance of countries in a number of key business, economic and quality of life indicators.

The 80 countries in the 2018 Best Countries rankings had to meet four criteria within the last two years for which data are available specific to each benchmark to be included in the study:

• Top 100 countries in terms of gross domestic product in 2015 or 2014, based on World Bank data
  • Top 150 countries in the UN's Human Development Index, based on the 2015 or 2014 report
  • Top 100 countries in terms of foreign direct investment inflows in 2014 or 2013, based on United Nations data
  • Top 100 countries in terms of international tourism receipts in 2014 or international tourism arrivals in 2013, based on World Bank data

But that was not the sole criteria and the only basis

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/articles/methodology

The 2018 Best Countries report and rankings are based on how global perceptions define countries in terms of a number of qualitative characteristics, impressions that have the potential to drive trade, travel and investment and directly affect national economies. The report covers perceptions of 80 nations.

The Movers sub ranking represents a version of BAV's Brand Asset Valuator Model of Brand Building, a metric developed by BAV that is predictive of a country's future growth in terms of gross domestic product purchasing power parity per capita. Instead of one year of data, it was correlated to predicted growth of the metric from 2014 to 2020.

credit to the past administration also.

• Like (+1) 2

Nakakafrustrate naman talaga yung nakaraang administration(s). Nauunawaan ko kung bakit si Duterte ang nanaig. Duterte is a product of a protest vote. Tapos, naging populist president siya na depende kung sino ang kausap. Nakakafrustrate din na grabe ang violence, grabe (pa rin) ang corruption kahit siya na ang nanalo. Hindi ko siya binoto at wala akong pagsisisi na hindi ko siya binoto. Hindi ko pa rin maintindihan kung bakit people are turning a blind eye on unjust killings, impunity at anti-masa na economics.

Nakakafrustrate naman talaga yung nakaraang administration(s). Nauunawaan ko kung bakit si Duterte ang nanaig. Duterte is a product of a protest vote. Tapos, naging populist president siya na depende kung sino ang kausap. Nakakafrustrate din na grabe ang violence, grabe (pa rin) ang corruption kahit siya na ang nanalo. Hindi ko siya binoto at wala akong pagsisisi na hindi ko siya binoto. Hindi ko pa rin maintindihan kung bakit people are turning a blind eye on unjust killings, impunity at anti-masa na economics.

Yes, the past X or so presidents were so disappointing, so I agree Duterte got elected because of protest votes, also.

And I also agree Duterte’s stance randomly changes depending on his current mood. He’s just like the rest: a trapo who protects his allies and kisses the public’s behinds. He just expresses this in an unusual manner, but he’s still like the rest when it comes to self interest (and I’m not just talking about money).

Yes, the past X or so presidents were so disappointing, so I agree Duterte got elected because of protest votes, also.

And I also agree Duterte’s stance randomly changes depending on his current mood. He’s just like the rest: a trapo who protects his allies and kisses the public’s behinds. He just expresses this in an unusual manner, but he’s still like the rest when it comes to self interest (and I’m not just talking about money).

Do you agree the the TRAIN LAW in not a popular bill thus its not kissing the public's behind?