All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

Astig talaga collection mo bro!

Fresh na fresh pa yung Uptempo mo na 1995 series....

I also see that you have the old school reebok KAMIKAZE 2 and the BLAST...

nagkaroon ka ba nung AIR FORCE MAX ni BARKLEY? i had that before and astig talaga!

sana nga magkaroon ulit ng retro nun... yung black edition naman.

Thanks a lot bro! :) I still have lot more. Di ko pa kasi nakukunan ng pics.

I'll post it sooner :) Yup, i've got one before pa. But unluckily, I gave it to my younger brother already.

That was wayback 1996 pa :) I'm not sure if there will be a retro for CB coz the shoes has not been that popular, konti lang ang na sold out kaya mabilis na phase out. But you could still look for some in some sites especially sa US. May mga nagbebenta pa nun. :) I really can't wait for the JORDAN 23 version :) I am sure that will really be special :)

Mga tol i dont know if this was already asked on this thread, but a friend of mine told me about this. He said that the shoes from greenhills were made by the same people who makes the original one. He gave me an example, he said for example Nike Philippines would order 200 pairs of jordan shoes, the manufacturer would make 250 pairs and sell the extra 50 for a cheaper price. They wont need to pay the same amount for taxes like the Nike company here. They would just declare it as bulk apparels or something thats the reason why they can sell it much cheaper in greenhills and other similar places. Do you guys think this is true?

Mga tol i dont know if this was already asked on this thread, but a friend of mine told me about this. He said that the shoes from greenhills were made by the same people who makes the original one. He gave me an example, he said for example Nike Philippines would order 200 pairs of jordan shoes, the manufacturer would make 250 pairs and sell the extra 50 for a cheaper price. They wont need to pay the same amount for taxes like the Nike company here. They would just declare it as bulk apparels or something thats the reason why they can sell it much cheaper in greenhills and other similar places. Do you guys think this is true?

I heard that story before, bro peep.. There is also a story re: the class A or B stuff that are considered as export overruns.. I think this was discussed thoroughly in the "Fake .." thread sa Lifestyle/Fashion section here in MTC.. But honestly, I have tried buying these shoes.. I was able to buy a Nike Shox Running and a Nike Play.. both for just 1,500 each.. God, sayang lang ang three thousand ko.. I can't use them for athletic activities kasi dumudulas ang paa ko sa loob.. So not to feel really stupid I just used them for walking in Malls, etc.. It looks like the same thing... at sabi nga ng iba sa nagdadala lang naman daw.. But y'know after a year of using them for just pamporma.. nawasak din kaagad.. Marupok talaga.. :thumbsdownsmiley: So, I don't think its true..

I suggest don't buy them -- even the Addidas, Converse, Lacoste lines.. In the long run, manghihinayang ka din sa nabili mo dahil iba ang durability.. Just my two cents, bro..

---

Ei, guys, heard that Amare Stoudamire will be the one who would model/wear the Air Max 360 Basketball Line.. Maayos na kaya ang injury ni Amare kapag natikman na niya ang sarap ng technology ng 360 series.. bwehehehe!!! :lol:

Regarding the "EXPORT OVERRUNS" - ang alam ko tungkol dun, the NIKE factories particularly in china makes these fakes... gamit lang nila yung pattern for the real ones... the material and technology nagkakadiperansya...

I.E - Jordan 11's

1. yung jordan logo sa may likod... ibaiba kulay. may blue , minsan itim.

2. yung graphite technology sa ilalim ng sole... sa fake hindi xa graphite.

3. yung padding sa ilalim - pinaka obvious na sablay ng fakes.

4. JORDAN logo itself - yung kamay ni MJ kung hindi komang.. maigsi...in other words, HINDI PULIDO.

bakit AJ 11's ang sample ko? because the jordan line up and pinakamaraming imitations sa ruins, grreenhills at cartimar... I am also guilty of getting the AJ 11's... why? wala ako mabilhan ng orig and talagang one of the best jordan shoes ever made ito... kaso if you ball, iba pa rin ang orig.

Sa akin lang, if you're budget is not up to par with the shoes you want, madami naman na less expensive kicks on the market eh... nagsasale din naman ang mga stores. mas mahal magbayad ng xray, ct-scan, mri, opera at doctor's fee if ever ma-injure ka. Tsaka mas mabangis ang magsuot ng orig...

ON THE AMARE powered by the AIR MAX

kita ko nga sa isang site na yung inner padding ng airmax 360 yung pic ni BARKLEY and AMARE... malamang nga siya endorser nito... but nike will also check the progress of his injury. they'll be sheling out a lot of money for the 360.

hingal... hingal... dami ko sinabi... sensha nah... isa sa mga passions ko kasi ang shoes eh... although talgang kapg ginamit ko, either wasak ang shoes or bebenta ko dahil nde ko type ang fit.

Thanks sa mga reply. One more thing what would you say about this? Ok lets say an Original Nike Shoes would last 3 years(or more) and costs about 4k. A fake 1 that would last 1 year or so that costs about 1300 bucks. ok, in that 3 years that original Nike would still be ok but would be a very old model while buying a fake 1 you can but the very next year again and you would be wearing a new model. Understand what im trying to say? but of course the safety would really favor the originals.

:D ur' right bro  :cool:

By the way, here some more of my collections.

Some of my non-NIKE shoes. It includes my prized Grant Hill signed Fila GH3. :)

And my Adidas KOBE shoes :) Hope you liked it  :thumbsupsmiley:

DAMN! man, meron ka pang reebok "kemp" kamikaze!? naiyak ako sa tuwa, naaalala ko pa nun halos pakamatay ako sa pagtratrabaho bilang crew sa kfc makabili lang nyan (wla kasi imitation nun) but i had to put on some emergency medical expenses first nung naka ipon ako, hanggang sa di na ko nakaipon at tuluyan nang nawala at never na ko nakabili... :( :cry:

pinag bebenta mo ba bro? how much if ever? its a lifelong dream pare, buti na lang naligaw ako sa thread na to

function and safety muna before porma mga bros. One should never compromise health issues...

Anyways eto lang naman beef ko sa orig shoes eh. Kaya naman pala nila ibenta at half the price after a few months bakit di p nila gawin kagad. Syempre (to answer my own question) ung mga unang labas eh sa mga hunghang(tulad ko) na gusto ako first(made you look oooh and ahhh factor) and exclusive sa shoes. I can't believe how many times the Nike managers suckered me into this "exclusive limited s@%t."

Yun pala tyaga lang, patience, luck and connections kailangan mo to get the pair you need. So now being older and a bit more wiser I have developed this new motto---"if God intended it to be yours---its yours!!! No need to force (no pun intended) the hand of destiny."

Now lemme just get on the phone and get my 2 reservations for those spanking new Basketball Air Max 360!

Btw are there any collectors of alternative shoes??? I mean ung mga rare designer(150$-300$ range) collection ng bape(parang AF1 rip-off), chief gliders(ditp daw kinopya Lebron 2), puma, fila, addidas and converse. Astig kse ung mga world cup colors na nilabas nila sa Singapore. Well, obviously the Philippines being a basketball hotbed I doubt kung madaming lalabas na ganito sa tin. You can include rare colorways of Nike's cortez, dunk and the ever popluar AF1!

DAMN! man, meron ka pang reebok "kemp" kamikaze!? naiyak ako sa tuwa, naaalala ko pa nun halos pakamatay ako sa pagtratrabaho bilang crew sa kfc makabili lang nyan (wla kasi imitation nun) but i had to put on some emergency medical expenses first nung naka ipon ako, hanggang sa di na ko nakaipon at tuluyan nang nawala at never na ko nakabili... :(  :cry: 

pinag bebenta mo ba bro?  how much if ever? its a lifelong dream pare, buti na lang naligaw ako sa thread na to

--------------------------

Haha :) Nice to hear that from you bro :) Well, I got my kamikaze years ago :) I just got one pair bro and i'm sorry to say that I don't sell any of my collections :) It's my treasure :) I got around 40-50 pairs of shoes in my stockroom and counting :) Look at those pics that i've posted, those are some of my prized collections :) thank you for appreciating my collections :) I'd post up here if ever I got and extra kamikaze. I might ask my cousin in the states to look for one coz I use to get my collections from the states especially the rare ones :)

TO : PEEP_TOM

About the authentic/original vs. fake shoes..

I'm working in a shipping company and I use to handle shipments here in logistics department.

We have Nike/Adidas/Puma/Reebok accounts. What I can say about this issue is that there are class A's and B's being produced by a certain factory who makes shoes for NIKE oir ADIDAS or RBK.

the class A's are ussually those that are of high quality which we tend to name as the ORIGINAL ones which we usually buy in an authentic outlet or store like NIKE PARK. These class A's has no damages or doesn't have any flaws which makes their quality very outstanding. The class B's on the other hand are those that didn't passed the QC(Quality Check) which usually has a little damages or few flaws. though the class B's are still good to wear, class A still is much better than the class B's in terms of quality and performance. There are even class C's which are quite not so good. And the factory sells them in a cheaper price so that they could still have a little more money than just disposing them off.

However, there are really fake shoes and I agree that CHINA has lots of factories that creates and manufactures fake branded shoes. you can really compare it with the authentic ones. you can check first the quality of those that are in the authentic stores(NIKE PARKS) and then look at those that are being sold in the bazaars(GREENHILLS). actually, the fake ones looks good, but performance wise..it's not really good and it really won't last long. They are just good for walking or for casual wear. But if you want to look for a shoes that will have a great performance in a court or any sport, the authentic(Class A's) ones are definitely the best. :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi Derek! I will post some of my AF1's later :) I got some old nike flights too :) and some converse kicks :) Will post it soon :) I'll post my new Kobe(Nike) shoes later too :) Black and yellow colorway :)

peaceout dudes!!! KEEP ON POSTING!!! :) LET"S MAKE THIS THREAD ACTIVE AND ALIVE!!! :thumbsupsmiley: ;) GODBLESS!!! :)

Hi, would like to buy a pair of Nike shoes at a chepaer/discounted price (30++% off);

can you please share your recommended stores?

So far, here's what have been mentioned:

1) Club 650, Libis (is this near Shopwise Libis?)

2) Nike, Marikina Outlet (in what mall is this sir? Marikina Riverbanks?)

3) Nike Park, Greenbelt 3 Makati (my personal favorite, they have great shoes discounted from time to time) 4) Nike Park, Glorietta, Makati (same as above)

5) ??? (anything else guys?)

would like to target a pair of Jordans (don't know what version is available yet, but I do not fancy the material of AJ4 low black/black...), or Air Max 360 1995 Evolution (my dream shoes!) :cool:

Thank you very much for sharing your expertise!

function and safety muna before porma mga bros. One should never compromise health issues...

Anyways eto lang naman beef ko sa orig shoes eh. Kaya naman pala nila ibenta at half the price after a few months bakit di p nila gawin kagad. Syempre (to answer my own question) ung mga unang labas eh sa mga hunghang(tulad ko) na gusto ako first(made you look oooh and ahhh factor) and exclusive sa shoes. I can't believe how many times the Nike managers suckered me into this "exclusive limited s@%t."

Yun pala tyaga lang, patience, luck and connections kailangan mo to get the pair you need. So now being older and a bit more wiser I have developed this new motto---"if God intended it to be yours---its yours!!! No need to force (no pun intended) the hand of destiny."

Now lemme just get on the phone and get my 2 reservations for those spanking  new Basketball Air Max 360!

Derrick: OT lang mga peeps,

"If God intended it to be yours --- its yours!!!" Nice words dre.. Can also be applied to our passion: NBA Cards.. Nasa e-bay kasi ako kanina dre tapos yung Duncan/Ginobili na dual jerseys umabot na ng USD 50.00.. I think that's too much for a non-patch or auto card.. Gunggong yung nag-bi-bid.. Masyadong hot kay Ginobili.. So, after reading that quote from you.. nasabi ko sa sarili ko na to hell with the card.. :lol:

Going back:

With regards to Nike shoes, I rarely buy any stuff na hindi naka-sale.. Sayang din ang 1-3K na discount.. As of now, wala pa naman akong gusto na Nike shoes na hindi ko nakuha at a discounted price.. Patience is a virtue mga peeps.. Pati nga apparel hinihintay ko na i-sale eh..

Ang usual na hindi ko na hinihintay na mag-sale ay yung from other brands.. But rarely do I buy a non-Nike shoe..

For the poster above: Yup. Marikina Riverbanks Center/Mall.. doon makikita yung Outlet Store ng Nike..

Crash/Rev hingi lang ako tip. Got so many shoes/cards na, kaso my wife kills me with the whole 3rd degree interogation whenever I start eyeing some fresh new hardware. Sa cards walang probs kse madaling itago ang item and price nila. However ung mga kicks, well its a different story. I can't keep hiding them in the trunk of my car forever. Its seems like the: "kesa nag drugs ako...nantsiks...nansusugal" bit is not working anymore. Would greatly appreciate any advice!

I'm working in a shipping company and I use to handle shipments here in logistics department.

We have Nike/Adidas/Puma/Reebok accounts. What I can say about this issue is that there are class A's and B's being produced by a certain factory who makes shoes for NIKE oir ADIDAS or RBK.

the class A's are ussually those that are of high quality which we tend to name as the ORIGINAL ones which we usually buy in an authentic outlet or store like NIKE PARK. These class A's has no damages or doesn't have any flaws which makes their quality very outstanding. The class B's on the other hand are those that didn't passed the QC(Quality Check) which usually has a little damages or few flaws. though the class B's are still good to wear, class A still is much better than the class B's in terms of quality and performance. There are even class C's which are quite not so good. And the factory sells them in a cheaper price so that they could still have a little more money than just disposing them off.

However, there are really fake shoes and I agree that CHINA has lots of factories that creates and manufactures fake branded shoes. you can really compare it with the authentic ones. you can check first the quality of those that are in the authentic stores(NIKE PARKS) and then look at those that are being sold in the bazaars(GREENHILLS). actually, the fake ones looks good, but performance wise..it's not really good and it really won't last long. They are just good for walking or for casual wear. But if you want to look for a shoes that will have a great performance in a court or any sport, the authentic(Class A's) ones are definitely the best.  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi Derek! I will post some of my AF1's later :) I got some old nike flights too :) and some converse kicks :) Will post it soon :) I'll post my new Kobe(Nike) shoes later too :) Black and yellow colorway :)

peaceout dudes!!! KEEP ON POSTING!!! :) LET"S MAKE THIS THREAD ACTIVE AND ALIVE!!! :thumbsupsmiley:  ;)  GODBLESS!!! :)

Thanks for that info man. I wish i can afford the original shoes like you can, you've got a mean collection there. Would be happy to have just one of em.

Crash/Rev hingi lang ako tip. Got so many shoes/cards na, kaso my wife kills me with the whole 3rd degree interogation whenever I start eyeing some fresh new hardware. Sa cards walang probs kse madaling itago ang item and price nila. However ung mga kicks, well its a different story. I can't keep hiding them in the trunk of my car forever. Its seems like the: "kesa nag drugs ako...nantsiks...nansusugal" bit is not working anymore. Would greatly appreciate any advice!

TO:DERRICK

Ei derrick! Whoa! haha, man dats really a big big problem :) Well, all I can say is that, since your a man with commitment.. you must of course prioritize ur family. :) However, you could just discuss it to your wife about your passion about collecting shoes :) wala namang di madadaan sa mabuting usapan. In my part, I have no commitment yet :) still single pa kasi :) I enjoy being single pa :) but I do have a special someone na. Derick, here's some more of my shoe collections :) some of my rare AF1's and a Rare Huarache 2k4. :) And a 95 DT Air max too :)(Worn by Penny). :) And a reebok Answer I. :) Here's my new Kobe I. :)

To: KANTO TERRORIST

hey bro! thanks a lot for ur appreciation ;) Well, I really have a great passion for shoes eversince I was 8 years old. I started collecting since I was 12. im 24 now. here's some more of my collections :) A new KOBE 1 for a new addition to my collections :) I really have a plan to have a little show room and I am so excited that someday I could show this one to my children :) and of course to my friends :) hope you like it! :)

To PEEP TOM

Ei bro! all you have to do is dream. :) It all starts with a dream :) and then work for it :) and pray for it of course :) that's the most important thing :) ok dude? :) here's some more of my collections :) and a new addition(KOBE 1) :thumbsupsmiley:

Keep on posting fellas! :) :thumbsupsmiley:

post-92706-1148985392.jpg

Try mo mang-tsiks pre.. Tapos sabihin mo sa wifey mo.. Ano ngayon mas okay.. Sapatos at cards o babae? bwehehehe!!!

Kidding aside, dre.. In my case, my wife understands my passion for shoes, and clothes.. Nag-iisa kasi akong anak eh.. So she gives in to my desires.. coz she knows I am kinda spoiled (even up to now) by my Mom.. Kaso minsan even my mom questions the number of shoes that I have.. I am not just a lover of sneakers/basketball shoes dre.. lahat - kahit yung mga pang-formal stuff.. My wife has started to question my buying habits as well.. Ang ginagawa ko na lang ay I tell them that I will only buy the ones that I really like.. hindi na ako impulse buyer ngayon.. yun na lang ang pokunswelo ko ika nga..

Case in point, for Basketball.. yun lang Jordan line (includes the T-Runner) na magagandang colorways.. at yun lang basically na talagang maganda like the Max 360 and some of the sneakers stuff from Pony, Puma, Addidas, etc. Sa formal shoes naman yung wala pa akong style.. kumbaga compromise kami..

Hwag mo namang itago sa trunk ng car mo yung kicks dre.. Baka masira.. :lol: Explain to your wife that this is one of your passions..

Sa cards ko dre.. Yun ang talagang pinagaawayan namin ni misis.. Pinagseselosan yata eh.. Diyan kasi talaga ako magastos.. This hobby is something that my wife can't understand.. Buti na lang we play badminton together.. a hobby that my wife shares with me.. So minsan kapag maganda ang play namin sa badminton.. nagiging maluwag siya sa aking pagkaka-cards..

I suggest you find a hobby that you both share.. or a sport (like in my case).. para ma-divert ang attention niya sa mga gastos mo.. hehehehe!!! :lol: Atsaka sabihin mo na yung autographed card ni Duncan nakuha mo lang ng Php500.00.. Yung kay Lebron Php1,000.00.. magsinungaling ka na lang.. Ako ang problema ko kapag nakita niya yung Jordan ko.. hindi maniniwala yun na Php1K lang yun.. baka mabatukan ako nun kasi alam niya at kilala niya si MJ na mahal ang mga kicks, cards, etc. :lol:

did u guys sometime wished ur job is to be the designer of nike or adidas shoes? ano kaya ang qualifications to apply for those jobs? nung bata pa kasi ako, i used to draw weird looking futuristic basketball shoes (long before those nike air soles) but now, im really delighted na nagkakatotoo mga drawing ko dati. industrial design ba o fine arts ang dapat i take? looking and salivating at ur collections simply wake up my old childhood fancies...

did u guys sometime wished ur job is to be the designer of nike or adidas shoes? ano kaya ang qualifications to apply for those jobs? nung bata pa kasi ako, i used to draw weird looking futuristic basketball shoes (long before those nike air soles) but now, im really delighted na nagkakatotoo mga drawing ko dati.  industrial design ba o fine arts ang dapat i take? looking and salivating at ur collections simply wake up my old childhood fancies...

good to see Kobe Lovers here eh...

I wish I was ERIC AVAR or TINKER HATFIELD of NIKE/JORDAN brand..

I always wish I could have their day job!!!!

This were the Michaelangelo and Da Vinci of Kicks!!!

I think you most likely also would have sports courses background or sports orthopedic since you need to research the framework of the leg, foot anatomy and muscles. But I doubt these courses are only offered in the US and not sure if its offered in any universities in the Phils.

I just wondered why both shoes have the same structural design as in the blueprint is definitely the same. From the stitching to the footpad up to the lace and etching, it's totally the same. I just wondered if ever Nike intentionally have this kind of setup? are the blueprints being copied intentionally with Nike's permission or are they being copied underground through employee leakage? Just make me wondered because during the 90's Korea has the ability to produce poor imitations but now it's getting more and more improved (as what you've said it came from China manufacturers).

If the imitation has Nike's consent then probably they have also some share on the profit for those less quality products which in perception we may also call these imitations as genuine Nike brands since the blue print came from Nike also.

with my previous experiences anything Class 'A','B' are all imitations, but they also have the same standard quality.

Class 'A' are totally perfect in all the design comparisons to the genuine brand which looks like they passed on a certain QC quality test based on imitation standards, while the Class 'B' have obvious imperfections that you would really notice.

The main thing that really differs from the Branded and the Class 'A' imitations are the materials.

Here's the main considerations that I have observed:

1. Leather material - Genuine has pure leather while imitations has Synthetic leather or some kind of plastic.

2. Advanced materials - Genuine uses advance technology materials for zoom air,foamposite or Shox, while imitations uses plain plastic or foam.

3. Glue or Adhesive - Genuine shoes have parts that are strongly attached to each other which will last for about 3-5 years while imitations usually lasts for about 3 months to more than a year depending on the use of wear and tear.

but apart from that the design are really the same.

I used to work in Shipping/Logistics before and have managed to handle several shipments in the Customs before from Nike Hong Kong to Mondragon (Nike distributor before) and those genuine brands are really different from the imitations.

I think the imitations goes through an underground name and doesn't declare those items as legitimate supplies from Nike. I think you can consider them smuggled goods since it was misdeclared as some different stuff and not as shoes.

Haha :) Nice to hear that from you bro :) Well, I got my kamikaze years ago :) I just got one pair bro and i'm sorry to say that I don't sell any of my collections :) It's my treasure :) I got around 40-50 pairs of shoes in my stockroom and counting :) Look at those pics that i've posted, those are some of my prized collections :) thank you for appreciating my collections :) I'd post up here if ever I got and extra kamikaze. I might ask my cousin in the states to look for one coz I use to get my collections from the states especially the rare ones :)

However, there are really fake shoes and I agree that CHINA has lots of factories that creates and manufactures fake branded shoes. you can really compare it with the authentic ones. you can check first the quality of those that are in the authentic stores(NIKE PARKS) and then look at those that are being sold in the bazaars(GREENHILLS). actually, the fake ones looks good, but performance wise..it's not really good and it really won't last long. They are just good for walking or for casual wear. But if you want to look for a shoes that will have a great performance in a court or any sport, the authentic(Class A's) ones are definitely the best.  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:  :thumbsupsmiley:

peaceout dudes!!! KEEP ON POSTING!!! :) LET"S MAKE THIS THREAD ACTIVE AND ALIVE!!! :thumbsupsmiley:  ;)  GODBLESS!!! :)

Thanks sa mga reply. One more thing what would you say about this? Ok lets say an Original Nike Shoes would last 3 years(or more) and costs about 4k. A fake 1 that would last 1 year or so that costs about 1300 bucks. ok, in that 3 years that original Nike would still be ok but would be a very old model while buying a fake 1 you can but the very next year again and you would be wearing a new model. Understand what im trying to say? but of course the safety would really favor the originals.

ei Peep_tom.. good to see you here...

just my 2 cents.

I still buy imitation shoes and orig shoes and here's my observation:

If you want your imitation shoes to last don't make them work too hard as your orig shoes.

I mix using my orig shoes and my imitation shoes - plus I buy a lot of class 'A' imitation shoes.

When I go 'imitation' hunting I make sure I buy the ones that are really cheap but still with the

trend. I don't buy the newly release shoes but I wait for the next 3 to 4 months after their new release and then buy them at a cheaper price. By that bargain I can get a P1500 newly release imitation for a P800 to P900 imitation in the next 3 - 4 months and then I check for the real class 'A' with perfect imitation.

I usually buy 2 or 3 pairs which will still cost me half the price of an original shoes - comparison of a P3000 worth of 3 imitation shoes against a P5000 worth of 1 orig shoes alone.

I alternately use them on different games together with my orig shoes so that they don't take up so much wear and tear. Sometimes it makes sense for 'Japorms' only and not use it for your ordinary day playing. Also don't try to overuse it on hard surfaces, try to rest it for a few days or weeks after you use on it on a tough game. I treat my imitations the same way as my originals like I don't wear them except on the hardcourt only - by this way you can extend the life years of your kicks even if its imitation.

the orig shoes were ok but sooner or later 3 - 5 years it also degenerates like the leather cracks or the foam disintegrates like puff. I used to buy 5 orig shoes before at the same time and didn't use them much but still they degenerated. I think that's the design of the shoes of today where their materials also degenerates like the Zoom Air or Shox technology, so you can never really rely on the long term preservation of the orig shoes.

ei Peep_tom.. good to see you here...

just my 2 cents. 

I still buy imitation shoes and orig shoes and here's my observation:

If you want your imitation shoes to last don't make them work too hard as your orig shoes. 

I mix using my orig shoes and my imitation shoes - plus I buy a lot of class 'A' imitation shoes.

When I go 'imitation' hunting I make sure I buy the ones that are really cheap but still with the

trend.  I don't buy the newly release shoes but I wait for the next 3 to 4 months after their new release and then buy them at a cheaper price.  By that bargain I can get a P1500 newly release imitation for a P800 to P900 imitation in the next  3 - 4 months and then I check for the real class 'A' with perfect imitation. 

I usually buy 2 or 3 pairs which will still cost me half the price of an original shoes - comparison of a P3000 worth of 3 imitation shoes against a P5000 worth of 1 orig shoes alone.

I alternately use them on different games together with my orig shoes so that they don't take up so much wear and tear.  Sometimes it makes sense for 'Japorms' only and not use it for your ordinary day playing.  Also don't try to overuse it on hard surfaces, try to rest it for a few days or weeks after you use on it on a tough game.  I treat my imitations the same way as my originals like I don't wear them except on the hardcourt only - by this way you can extend the life years of your kicks even if its imitation. 

the orig shoes were ok but sooner or later 3 - 5 years it also degenerates like the leather cracks or the foam disintegrates like puff.  I used to buy 5 orig shoes before at the same time and didn't use them much but still they degenerated.  I think that's the design of the shoes of today where their materials also degenerates like the Zoom Air or Shox technology, so you can never really rely on the long term preservation of the orig shoes.

Nice strategy you got there. I still think buying an imitation is ok on the basis that the very next year you can buy again and you have a brand new model shoes not the dirty old modeled orig that you dont even want to wear coz you dont want them to wear out coz they are expensive. But if you can afford buying an original shoes regularly then by all means go for the original.

TO : kanto-terrorist

hey fella! well, just like you, I have designed some futuristic shoes years ago when I was in my early high school. I just stopped when I began to see designs in the internet. you can check on KICKSOLOGY.NET for more informations especially the designers. may you can have a lot more infos at tat site :)

To: TOBATS

I agree with you dude. Everything has an end :) Even an authentic shoes does wear out in a period of time considering lot of factors. :) factors like :

1. How often you wear your shoes.

2. what surface do you usually wear them.

3. how often do you keep them clean.

4. Where do you store them..

5. how careful a person is when he wears his shoes.

Trully, the authentic shoes has a great quality in terms of it's materials compared to the fake or imitations. the kind of leather, rubber etc.. However, bout your questions why the imitations has the same structure as the original ones? it's simple, when the original one are already released, a certain party buys one and then he copies it. He looks what are the materials..With our technology we have today, pirating or manipulating a certain product is quite easy and fast. However, the materials are not as great as the original ones. fakes has cheaper materials that is why they are being sold for a cheaper price. They won't sell it in a cheap price if it's materials are high grade and expensive ;)

Also, they get a lot of informations in the internet about the design of that shoes. You know, almost everything is already in the NET ;) .

All I can say is it's not bad when you buy a fake. It's how you bring it up. A fake may last longer than a genuine one if the person is really a careful user ;) for me, I chose the genuine ones coz I know that they will last longer even if I don't use them :) you can check my posted collections :) Most of them are already old but they are good as new :) My secret? TAKE CARE of your kick ;) Clean them up always and store them in a clean, cool and dry place. And of course, a rat, cockroach free area ;)

Also, when they are in a box..check them out in a period of time.. Dust may accumulate on the boxes or even moisture. Put some silica inside the shoes or box to absorb the moist and wipe the dust off :)

And of course, wear them also :) It's just like a car, when you just stock them up in your garage without using and warming them up..their performance will not be great. :)

Hope I make some sense. :) Peaceout people! Will post some more of my collections sooner ;)

Godbless you all! :D

thanks for the good info.

however, the question still remains unanswered - how does the blueprint design come into the hands of those imitation manufacturers? I don't think it can be just downloaded in the internet right away because those designs are confidential and patented by nike or adidas only. If you try to breakdown the insides of an imitation shoes like the zoom air plastic, it's exactly the same zoom air that you can find on any genuine nike shoes. I tried doing that with the Pippen shoes, I bought a class 'A' imitation shoes and bought another original Pippen external jacket. It's design, contour, stitching is perfectly the same - except for the materials. Take for example the zoom air, it is a unique design and the zoom air of the class 'A' imitation is so perfect that you can also feel the air inside (The class 'A' zoom air is so different with the class 'B'), which gives you the conclusion that these imitation manufacturers also uses high-tech stuff to copy or steal these designs and it seems they paid a lot of investment for it. I have research and checked the original design of other shoes based on the Kicksology and Nike site and even these imitations have the same authencity specs that the designers have been hiding (I checked these on the first Kobe Huarache). CD piracy is easy, but I think Kicks piracy would be very difficult (putting a manufacturing plant alone for an imitation would already cost you millions of dollars already).

Maybe Kicks fanatics could consider researching this one.

TO : kanto-terrorist

hey fella! well, just like you, I have designed some futuristic shoes years ago when I was in my early high school. I just stopped when I began to see designs in the internet. you can check on KICKSOLOGY.NET for more informations especially the designers. may you can have a lot more infos at tat site :)

To: TOBATS

I agree with you dude. Everything has an end :) Even an authentic shoes does wear out in a period of time considering lot of factors.  :) factors like :

1. How often you wear your shoes.

2. what surface do you usually wear them.

3. how often do you keep them clean.

4. Where do you store them..

5. how careful a person is when he wears his shoes.

Trully, the authentic shoes has a great quality in terms of it's materials compared to the fake or imitations. the kind of leather, rubber etc.. However, bout your questions why the imitations has the same structure as the original ones? it's simple, when the original one are already released, a certain party buys one and then he copies it. He looks what are the materials..With our technology we have today, pirating or manipulating a certain product is quite easy and fast. However, the materials are not as great as the original ones. fakes has cheaper materials that is why they are being sold for a cheaper price. They won't sell it in a cheap price if it's materials are high grade and expensive  ;)

Also, they get a lot of informations in the internet about the design of that shoes. You know, almost everything is already in the NET ;) .

All I can say is it's not bad when you buy a fake. It's how you bring it up. A fake may last longer than a genuine one if the person is really a careful user  ;)  for me, I chose the genuine ones coz I know that they will last longer even if I don't use them :) you can check my posted collections :) Most of them are already old but they are good as new :) My secret? TAKE CARE of your kick ;)  Clean them up always and store them in a clean, cool and dry place. And of course, a rat, cockroach free area ;) 

Also, when they are in a box..check them out in a period of time.. Dust may accumulate on the boxes or even moisture. Put some silica inside the shoes or box to absorb the moist and wipe the dust off :)

And of course, wear them also :) It's just like a car, when you just stock them up in your garage without using and warming them up..their performance will not be great. :)

Hope I make some sense. :)  Peaceout people! Will post some more of my collections sooner ;)

Godbless you all! :D

ooops.. sorry, i didn't answered that question ;) Well as you know, it goes like this..

A certain designer has his designs for a certain shoes and it was already approved by the company..let's say NIKE. And then, this design will be in hand with a lot of people who are involved in developing this shoes into a real one.. surely, one of this people will have the blueprint of this said shoes.They may have their own copy of the blueprint. So, this person who wants to earn more will try to sell this blue print to some organizations who are involved in shoe piracy. It's just like movie piracy.. It's an inside job. He will be paid of a huge sum of money in exchange of the blue print. Also, the pirates will also have their hardcopy of the authentic product that they will copy. :)

Also, I've said before that there are shoes with different classes.. I've told the scenario before. Okay, here it is once again.. For instance I have a factory and I make shoes for NIKE USA. NIKE USA orders shoes from my factory. So we manufacture original shoes only for NIKE. After we have manufactured High quality shoes(Genuine/Class A's), there will be shoes that will not be as flawless as the genuine ones and they are being classified as Class B's or C's. See? The shoes that I manufacture are still original coz NIKE USA is my buyer and they won't sell fakes. :) And these will be sold in a much cheaper price coz they have some overprints or extra markings/glues etc.. You might be confused of the ORIGINAL and CLASS A's bro, Actually, ORIGINAL/GENUINE/AUTHENTIC/CLASS A's are just the same.

The reason why most think that CLASS A's are fakes is the in greenhills, they tend to say that those fake shoes which really look like the original ones are CLASS A"s. :) Is it clear now? ;) I hope so :)

--------------------------------------------------------

thanks for the good info.

however, the question still remains unanswered - how does the blueprint design come into the hands of those imitation manufacturers?  I don't think it can be just downloaded in the internet right away because those designs are confidential and patented by nike or adidas only.  If you try to breakdown the insides of an imitation shoes like the zoom air plastic, it's exactly the same zoom air that you can find on any genuine nike shoes.  I tried doing that with the Pippen shoes, I bought a class 'A' imitation shoes and bought another original Pippen external jacket.  It's design, contour, stitching is perfectly the same - except for the materials. Take for example the zoom air, it is a unique design and the zoom air of the class 'A' imitation is so perfect that you can also feel the air inside (The class 'A' zoom air is so different with the class 'B'), which gives you the conclusion that these imitation manufacturers also uses high-tech stuff to copy or steal these designs and it seems they paid a lot of investment for it.  I have research and checked the original design of other shoes based on the Kicksology and Nike site and even these imitations have the same authencity specs that the designers have been hiding (I checked these on the first Kobe Huarache).  CD piracy is easy, but I think Kicks piracy would be very difficult (putting a manufacturing plant alone for an imitation would already cost you millions of dollars already). 

Maybe Kicks fanatics could consider researching this one.