All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

To all MTC shoeheads. :D Nike is having a sale over at Rufino tower Makati. :boo: Its on the 10th floor strating today until Saturday only. You might find something you like over there. The discounts ranges from 30% to 50%. All merchandise are to go until supply last. Post niyo nalang what you got athe sale ok. Happy hunting. :thumbsupsmiley: :cool:

Ok guys, just went to the sale yesterday and here are some of the shoes I saw there and how much discount they were given. Hope I got it right, well here goes....

Air force operate _ 40%

Air force banging - 40%

Air total package ( Hurache 2k4 look alike laker color ) - 30%

Air zoom drive ( Tony parker ) - 50 % but only size 15 ( yikes :grr: )

Lebron 2 - 50 % but size 14 up only :grr:

Air jordan 13 ( wht/ wht , wht/ grey/maroon, flint blue/ wht ) - 30% :cool:

Air jordan big fund - 30%

Air jordan trunner - 30%

Air jordan XX - 30% size 14 up only :thumbsdownsmiley:

Air impax dime - 30%

and a lot more that I cant remember na :blink: . There were still a lot of sizes available for most shoes , except for the ones that I already mentioned with sizes only imports and PBA players wear :( . Well hope I was able to help , good luck to all. :mtc: :cool:

Skip, what time nagbubukas Rufino? May nakita ka rin bang Nike Old Schools dun like Air Force 1's & Dunk's?

Yo doc,There were a few Air force 1s, the premium edition which is colored brown was selling at 40% off, but unfortunately sizes goes up to only 10.5 or 11. Same with the white with silver grey swosh. There were a lot of dunk with sizes available up to 13 i think. :D Aside from what I mentioned there were very few retro version. Guess they were just cleaning out their stocks. As for the opening, it was mentioned to be 9, but the time I got there they told me that 10 am pa raw opening and we even had to wait a few minutes longer because the officer in charge wasn't around yet. Well tomorrow na last day, hope most of our friends from MTc was able get a bargain. I personally wasn't able to get one for myself. Was eyeing the Jordan 13 white/ carolina version but only goes up to size 11. A bit cramp for me because I wear a size 12. Good luck guys and don't forget to keep posting. :cool:

Guest Kobester

Yes I remember this shoe from 3 years ago. VC Low. I was supposed to buy a pair when I was in the US. Kaso sabi noong isang frend ko hindi raw magandang gamitin yan. Mukhang mahihirapan ka ng makahanap nyan dre. You might try going to ebay kung wala kang makita dito sa mga stores natin.

Yes I remember this shoe from 3 years ago. VC Low. I was supposed to buy a pair when I was in the US. Kaso sabi noong isang frend ko hindi raw magandang gamitin yan. Mukhang mahihirapan ka ng makahanap nyan dre. You might try going to ebay kung wala kang makita dito sa mga stores natin.

yup... patayan na nga ang hanapan kahit sa ebay.... actually meron na akong autonotify sa ebay... kaso upto size 11.5 lang meron... pag nagkaroon ng 11.. swak yan. for sure bilhin ko yan... sana nga deadstock and orig...but the good thing is.. its selling for around less than $40... even lower.. minsan ok maghintay.. kaya lang dapat great bargain hunter ka na..eh ang hirap pa ngayon, daming fakes..

anyways... thanks narin..

ima post my collection soon, and post ko rin yung ni rerestore ko na OG AJ XI and OG aj XIV low... nakakatuwa rin mag restore... parang nagrerestore ng vintage car.. yun nga lang, you have to be creative enough to use materials which are the same in consistensy and chemical composition, but isnt readily available.. pag na master ko ang pag restore, might consider doing that as a biz on the side... gee, i even get my materials abroad pa...

and i have this freaking idea as well, im planning to disect and compare fakes vs originals, now if anybody can provide me with originals, syempre better.. yung fake madali na yun, mura lang naman sa GH e... ewan ko bat ganito pumapasok sa utak ko, just for the sake of comparing and knowing kung talaga bang may difference and fake vs orig. coz i have a hunch, some fakes are really overruns lang... mga puslit palabas ng factory.. so if we can have origs for the price of fakes, why not dba?

of course there would be pics provided on the side by side dissection and comparison of both shoe..

Yo doc,There were a few Air force 1s, the premium edition which is colored brown was selling at 40% off, but unfortunately sizes goes up to only 10.5 or 11. Same with the white with silver grey swosh. There were a lot of dunk with sizes available up to 13 i think.  :D Aside from what I mentioned there were very few retro version. Guess they were just cleaning out their stocks. As for the opening, it was mentioned to be 9, but the time I got there they told me that 10 am pa raw opening and we even had to wait a few minutes longer because the officer in charge wasn't around yet. Well tomorrow na last day, hope most of our friends from MTc was able get a bargain. I personally wasn't able to get one for myself. Was eyeing the Jordan 13 white/ carolina version but only goes up to size 11. A bit cramp for me because I wear a size 12. Good luck guys and don't forget to keep posting. :cool:

Parehas pala tayo ng size ng paa. 6 footer ka rin siguro. Kung maraming Dunks, malamang mga old stocks na yung iba kasi limited lang naman yung nirerelease na colorways ng Dunks & Air Force 1's per season. I'm starting kase a Air Force 1 & Dunk Collection. I'll be going mga after lunch ngayon.

yup... patayan na nga ang hanapan kahit sa ebay.... actually meron na akong autonotify sa ebay... kaso upto size 11.5 lang meron... pag nagkaroon ng 11.. swak yan. for sure bilhin ko yan... sana nga deadstock and orig...but the good thing is.. its selling for around less than $40... even lower.. minsan ok maghintay.. kaya lang dapat great bargain hunter ka na..eh ang hirap pa ngayon, daming fakes..

anyways... thanks narin..

ima post my collection soon, and post ko rin yung ni rerestore ko na OG AJ XI and OG aj XIV low... nakakatuwa rin mag restore... parang nagrerestore ng vintage car.. yun nga lang, you have to be creative enough to use materials which are the same in consistensy and chemical composition, but isnt readily available.. pag na master ko ang pag restore, might consider doing that as a biz on the side... gee, i even get my materials abroad pa...

and i have this freaking idea as well, im planning to disect and compare fakes vs originals, now if anybody can provide me with originals, syempre better.. yung fake madali na yun, mura lang naman sa GH e... ewan ko bat ganito pumapasok sa utak ko, just for the sake of comparing and knowing kung talaga bang may difference and fake vs orig. coz i have a hunch, some fakes are really overruns lang... mga puslit palabas ng factory.. so if we can have origs for the price of fakes, why not dba?

of course there would be pics provided on the side by side dissection and comparison of both shoe..

Tol interesting yung hobby mo. Kaya mo rin bang i-restore yung mga nagpupulbos na mid-soles? I have kasi OG Air Max 95, Reebok Pump, AJIV, AJVI, & AJX na di ko pa natatapon. Too bad wasak na lahat suwelas. Di pa kasi ako nagpapahid ng Armor-All sa midsoles ko during that time e. Magagawan pa ba ng paraan yan?

Tol interesting yung hobby mo. Kaya mo rin bang i-restore yung mga nagpupulbos na mid-soles? I have kasi OG Air Max 95, Reebok Pump, AJIV, AJVI, & AJX na di ko pa natatapon. Too bad wasak na lahat suwelas. Di pa kasi ako nagpapahid ng Armor-All sa midsoles ko during that time e. Magagawan pa ba ng paraan yan?

Yeah we must be around the same height. Ok rin pala yung hobby na par restore. I have a few din na napulbos na yung midsole. AJ V, PippenIV , AJ III and Air way up ( suot din ni pippen circa 1996) , but you know whats funny, it only happens to my Nike collection. Sa mga adidas collection ko naman its usually the upper that breaks down first before the midsole. My Kobe8 and recently A3 forefoot synthetic leather upper thore very easily. I dont know if its because I kept it in the box too long before I use it. Sayang nga eh, just when I was getting use to playing in it. Now I'm worried that my A3 superstar ultra upper will break down too once I use it. Dont know if you have any suggestion on how to take care of the leather so it wont flake or crack after some time. They really dont make shoes like they use to.. I still remember my converse startech which my aunt game me from the states and it lasted my whole 5 years in college. Sulit na sulit talaga. Not much technology in it but it sure was built to last...Hmmm wonder where it is by now. ( hope my mom didn't throw those away..) Well let me know guys if there is any sollution for these problems. Thanks in advance.

post-45917-1116038458.jpg

gee, major problems yung nagpulbos na midsoles e, so far, pinag aaralan ko pa kung anong materials yung ginagamit sa midsoles, kung injected EVA, then major problem yan, coz we have to make a mould for it then inject EVA and wait for it to form... but kung yung nagpulbos e yung inner lang, and meron pa namang rubber outer,maybe we can have a substitude material to inject instead of EVA and it would perform well...

if you have pics, can you post? so that i could see?? yung nagpupulbos ha.. or send them to my email...

malamang NTer ka rin no?.. funny, nagtagpo ang menyaks at shoeheads... ano ang kinalabasan?? shoemenyaks?? :huh:

also looking into IDing the shoe.. yung bang exclusive sa USA na nike ID.. badtrip wala dito e... pero ok yun kapag nauna ka dito.. imagine the possibilities of stitching your own patterns/labels into your own shoes...

mag research muna ako.. then id get back to you...basta wag mo muna tapon yung mga shoes mo.

Yeah we must be around the same height. Ok rin pala yung hobby na par restore. I have a few din na napulbos na yung midsole. AJ V, PippenIV , AJ III and Air way up ( suot din ni pippen circa 1996) , but you know whats funny, it only happens to my Nike collection. Sa mga adidas collection ko naman its usually the upper that breaks down first before the midsole. My Kobe8 and recently A3 forefoot synthetic leather upper thore very easily. I dont know if its because I kept it in the box too long before I use it. Sayang nga eh, just when I was getting use to playing in it. Now I'm worried that my A3 superstar ultra upper will break down too once I use it. Dont know if you have any suggestion on how to take care of the leather so it wont flake or crack after some time. They really dont make shoes like they use to.. I still remember my converse startech which my aunt game me from the states and it lasted my whole 5 years in college. Sulit na sulit talaga. Not much technology in it but it sure was built to last...Hmmm wonder where it is by now. ( hope my mom didn't throw those away..) Well let me know guys if there is any sollution for these problems. Thanks in advance.

yung adidas kobe 8-3 ko nun nag-harden ang adiprene but ok pa yung leather upper, parang bago pa rin til now... problem is, since parang ng-harden na ang sole, its too slippery... parang bato ang sole... sayang nga kasi yung leather nya wla talagang sira, konting spit shine lang good as new pa rin....

Problema sa synthetic na upper mabilis talaga masira. Yung JVII ko ngang black nababakbak na yung upper. Pag pinupunasan ko may nahahalong black powder dun sa cleaning cloth. Yung upper na A3 mo parehas ng T-mac2 ko. Baka ganyan din yung mangyari once gamitin ko yun. Pero I'm also applying Armor-All on the upper like I do on my leatherette sofa set para di magbakbak agad once I use it. It's been on ice na for 2 years & I'm thinking of just showing it off now kasi wala na akong masyadong nakikitang gumagamit ng T-mac2's pati yung fakes wala na din masyado.

Pag leather yung upper mo, tatagal yan basta napupunasan mo lang & nilalagyan mo ng leather nourisher. Yung iba kung mga Doc Martens nga more than 10 years old na ayos pa rin. Magandang leather noyurisher yung Dr.Scholl. Buy the neutral color para maganda tingnan yung leather kasi magmumukha siyang distressed.

Regarding distressed leather, I saw some Nike Air Force Max Operates & others na gawa sa brown distressed leather. Yun nga lang matagal i-break-in yun kasi makapal siya masyado.

gee, major problems yung nagpulbos na midsoles e, so far, pinag aaralan ko pa kung anong materials yung ginagamit sa midsoles, kung injected EVA, then major problem yan, coz we have to make a mould for it then inject EVA and wait for it to form... but kung yung nagpulbos e yung inner lang, and meron pa namang rubber outer,maybe we can have a substitude material to inject  instead of EVA and it would perform well...

if you have pics, can you post? so that i could see?? yung nagpupulbos ha.. or send them to my email...

malamang NTer ka rin no?.. funny, nagtagpo ang menyaks at shoeheads... ano ang kinalabasan?? shoemenyaks?? :huh:

also looking into IDing the shoe.. yung bang exclusive sa USA na nike ID.. badtrip wala dito e... pero ok yun kapag nauna ka dito.. imagine the possibilities of stitching your own patterns/labels into your own shoes...

mag research muna ako.. then id get back to you...basta wag mo muna tapon yung mga shoes mo.

Tol pulbos na talaga. As in kumalas na yung midsole sa upper. Napansin ko na nagkakaproblema sa ganyang shoes ay yung mga ganitong brands: Nike, Reebok, Converse. It must be the chemical composition of the EVA, phylon, & polyurethane materials. Sa Adidas & Fila, wala pa akong nakikitang ganyan. I've seen some Adidas Bromiums & Fila Grant Hill's na buhay pa hanggang ngayon. Sige I'll try posting some pics. Pag gagawan ng mold, mahirap yun kasi you still have to sculpt the mold to the exact specs as that of the OG.

Regarding ID'in the shoe. Yung isa kung friend, hinand-paint niya yung And1 Rekanize niya recently. Kinulayan niyang camouflage. Astig yung dating!!!

yung adidas kobe 8-3 ko nun nag-harden ang adiprene but ok pa yung leather upper, parang bago pa rin til now... problem is, since parang ng-harden na ang sole, its too slippery... parang bato ang sole... sayang nga kasi yung leather nya wla talagang sira, konting spit shine lang good as new pa rin....

Pahiran mo ng Armor-All, lalambot yan.