All About Basketball Shoes

Dr.Love

Spitzy, the first shoe you put up is called the Foamposite 2, :D or other wise Kevin Garnett signature nike shoe, he wore those during the 2000 sydney olympic. The original design had the name garnett written on the heel strip , but that was before he started rocking and1 :blink: and so Nike change the design and put in the 5 dots where his name was suppose to be to signify alpha project.( Nike special gear division) You are lucky to have those pair, Prof K had very high regards for that shoe. Been looking all over for those.. Have regrets for not getting a pair when they went on sale 50% a few year ago. As for your adidas kobe( I think its called the elevate, but Im not sure) Had a pair of that too. Gave it to my best buddy because the shoe was a bit big and my foot moved too much inside. But great shoe and very flexible midsole, not much ankle support though. Let us know if what doc love suggested help in softening up the adiprene did any good by applying armour all. Thanks. :cool:

Spitzy, the first shoe you put up is called the Foamposite 2, :D  or other wise Kevin Garnett signature nike shoe, he wore those during the 2000 sydney olympic. The original design had the name garnett written on the heel strip , but that was before he started rocking and1  :blink:  and so Nike change the design and put in the 5 dots where his name was suppose to be to signify alpha project.( Nike special gear division) You are lucky to have those pair, Prof K had very high regards for that shoe. Been looking all over for those.. Have regrets for not getting a pair when they went on sale 50% a few year ago. As for your adidas kobe( I think its called the elevate, but Im not sure) Had a pair of that too. Gave it to my best buddy because the shoe was a bit big and my foot moved too much inside. But great shoe and very flexible midsole, not much ankle support though. Let us know if what doc love suggested help in softening up the adiprene did any good by applying armour all. Thanks. :cool:

tama, KG 2 nga yan... unfortunately, i didnt like it that much coz the forefoot area was a bit constricted for me (too narrow)... and since im a big guy, the zoom air just cant handle my weight, whenever i landed from a big jump, i cuda sworn i was playing hoops barefoot... ouch! :grr:

thats y ive been wearing nuttin but shox (VC) for the last 3 years :thumbsupsmiley:

ahhhhh vc shox.. .one of the high end shoes produced by nike.... lalo na yung vc3... ganda ng reviews... too bad medyo nagshift na ako sa low tops to play ball.. medyo im starting to feel clunky when i use hi tops e...

pero gusto ko buming ng AJ XX stealth.... kaso lang wala akong makita na size ko.. ubos na.. kakainis kasi e. .sabay pa sila ng lebron 2 low.. so i bought the low muna.. and was feeling the AJ XX if i should buy one or not.. well.. too bad... wala na...

heard na meron nakapagtanggal ng strap ng AJ XX e... i dunno pano nangyari yun, but i like it without the strap... it looks better than the AJ XX low.. besides... ang tagal pa ng release date ng AJ XX low...

my restoration project is on a halt right now, kasi im still trying to research on what type of adhesive they use to bring the outsole and midsole together.. shoe goo just doesnt do a clean job... masyadong maraming residues... if you have idea or info on the industrial grade adhesive they put on the shoe.. help me out here.. (i think they use some sort of liquide... (thinner like) then they brush it on the midsole and the outsole and they use infrared to bond them together.. well.. our sunlight has the best heat solution right now... so no priblem with the infrareds)

tama, KG 2 nga yan... unfortunately, i didnt like it that much coz the forefoot area was a bit constricted for me (too narrow)... and since im a big guy, the zoom air just cant handle my weight, whenever i landed from a big jump, i cuda sworn i was playing hoops barefoot... ouch!  :grr:

thats y ive been wearing nuttin but shox (VC) for the last 3 years  :thumbsupsmiley:

Lahat talaga ng nasa Foamposite series ng Nike narrow yung forefoot. Unlike leather, the material doesn't stretch w/ time kaya pag malapad paa mo, sorry na lang. He! He! He!

ahhhhh vc shox.. .one of the high end shoes produced by nike.... lalo na yung vc3... ganda ng reviews... too bad medyo nagshift na ako sa low tops to play ball.. medyo im starting to feel clunky when i use hi tops e...

pero gusto ko buming ng AJ XX stealth.... kaso lang wala akong makita na size ko.. ubos na.. kakainis kasi e. .sabay pa sila ng lebron 2 low.. so i bought the low muna.. and was feeling the AJ XX if i should buy one or not.. well.. too bad... wala na...

heard na meron nakapagtanggal ng strap ng AJ XX e... i dunno pano nangyari yun, but i like it without the strap... it looks better than the AJ XX low.. besides... ang tagal pa ng release date ng AJ XX low...

my restoration project is on a halt right now, kasi im still trying to research on what type of adhesive they use to bring the outsole and midsole together.. shoe goo just doesnt do a clean job... masyadong maraming residues... if you have idea or info on the industrial grade adhesive they put on the shoe.. help me out here.. (i think they use some sort of liquide... (thinner like) then they brush it on the midsole and the outsole and they use infrared to bond them together.. well.. our sunlight has the best heat solution right now... so no priblem with the infrareds)

Nung kumalas yung outsole & midole ng Adidas Promodel 2G ko ginamitan ko lang ng Mighty Bond. Ayos din naman & di na kumalas ulit. Yung adhesive na sinasabi mo yan din ata yung ginagamit ng mga dentist, yung friend ko kasi he uses an infrared gun when doing assembly of dentures.

Pinaghalong J4, 6, & 13 yan ah.

...you forgot to mention bout the laser cut design! (first from 2k4 laser cut huarache, lebron 2, jordan XX) the weave near the ankle is from jordan XVl, theres also the shoe string notch from jordan Xll

not to mention patent leather use(from jordan lX and Xl)

saw the shoe, the laser designs are jordan shoes in progression(i think?) :rolleyes:

Edited by roxysnonie
Ilabas kaya yung ganitong colorway ng LeBron2 dito sa Pilipinas?

meron na sa mga nike stores... last week pa ata... nikepark, nake forum, nike stadium...

personally i like the white gray better... kasi mas may buhay ang laser designs....

pero ok din yung black if you like it plain and simple.. di masyado makita ang laser designs niyan e... so it beats the purpose of laser etching... sayang e.. parang binalewala nila yung laser etching.

Nung kumalas yung outsole & midole ng Adidas Promodel 2G ko ginamitan ko lang ng Mighty Bond. Ayos din naman & di na kumalas ulit. Yung adhesive na sinasabi mo yan din ata yung ginagamit ng mga dentist, yung friend ko kasi he uses an infrared gun when doing assembly of dentures.

ayus sana ang mighty bond e.. but the thing is.. mighty bond gets brittle thru time.. so thats not good.. ok sana yung adhesive kung mataas ang elasticity... ill check with my dentist friend if may idea shya sa mga adhesive na sinasabi mo.. thanks Doc.

ayus sana ang mighty bond e.. but the thing is.. mighty bond gets brittle thru time.. so thats not good.. ok sana yung adhesive kung mataas ang elasticity... ill check with my dentist friend if may idea shya sa mga adhesive na sinasabi mo.. thanks Doc.

Oo nga after several months kumakalas ulit yung dikit & I have to reglue it again. Pinagtyatyagaan ko na lang kasi ang sarap ipanglaro ng Promodel kasi ang gaan sa paa.

OT: Wow size 14. Kasingtaas mo siguro mga PBA centers. Si Rasheed Wallace nga 6'11" na size 13 lang paa niya. Ayokong bantayan kita pag magbasketball. He! He! He!

im only 6'2" hehe... my shoe sizes range from 12-14.5... actually ang black adidas kobes (sa taas) na yan size 14.5! pero usually size 13 ako (yung vc3 ko size 13)

im only 6'2" hehe... my shoe sizes range from 12-14.5... actually ang black adidas kobes (sa taas) na yan size 14.5! pero usually size 13 ako (yung vc3 ko size 13)

Oo nga yung mga shoes iba-iba yung length ng sizes. Yung size 12 nang mga Adidas ko parang 11.5 lang sa Nike. Pag Converse naman, yung 12 ng Nike ay 13 sa kanila. Kaya I stick to Nikes most of the time para 12 lahat ng shoe size ko.

Pag nagsusuot ka ba ng malalaking shoes di ba nacompromise yung fit? Heel slippage would be a big problem unless double socks & naka-bandage pa yung ankle area mo pag naglaro ka. Usually ako double socks lang. Pag magbandage ako dapat size 13 na yung isusuot ko.

Went to Glorietta yesterday & inikot ko mga Nike shops dun. Nakita ko na yung Le Bron 2 Low. Pati J10 Retro & maraming colorways ng Huarache 2K5. Tingin ko pag may aabutan pa akong sizes ng H 2K5 pag mag 40-50% off yan. Yung J2 na black 60% discount. I got tempted to buy one kaso yung upper kasi niya di matibay w/c is synthetic suede. Naalala ko tuloy yung J7 ko na nagtutuklapan na yung upper ngayon w/c is the same as that of the J2. Yung Air Force Operate ay on sale at 15% off. Mas mura pa rin sa Rufino.

Skip: Kailan ulit sale sa Rufino?

Sorry Doc wala pang balita. Dnt worry I will post up the info once there is another sale. As for the H2K5, tempting nga specially yung silver and white na colorway, just the same color Jimmy Jackson and the Matrix are wearing for the Phoenix sun :D . Pero I doubt that we will get to see that on sale in the future, very limited lang kasi yung pinarating na quantity ng Nike Philippines :( , just like the H2K4 rarely do I see the color way I want on sale. Actually sold out na rin siya just like the Zoom Drive, I was just lucky to get my hands on those zoom drives..hehe :D . Been trying to restore nga rin my Jordan 5, using shoeglue, saw those adhisive at athletes foot ermita robinson. Expensive nga eh, 340 pesos per tube. But from the specifications about the glue, it has a longer elasticity compound so unlike the mighty bond it stretches when you flex the certain part of the shoe while you are wearing it. I'll update you guys when it is successful. As for the moment here is how the H2k5 white and silver looks like...bling bling.. :cool:

post-45917-1116968570.jpg

Oo nga yung mga shoes iba-iba yung length ng sizes. Yung size 12 nang mga Adidas ko parang 11.5 lang sa Nike. Pag Converse naman, yung 12 ng Nike ay 13 sa kanila. Kaya I stick to Nikes most of the time para 12 lahat ng shoe size ko.

Pag nagsusuot ka ba ng malalaking shoes di ba nacompromise yung fit? Heel slippage would be a big problem unless double socks & naka-bandage pa yung ankle area mo pag naglaro ka. Usually ako double socks lang. Pag magbandage ako dapat size 13 na yung isusuot ko.

well yes, depende sa shoes... most of the time i just pull the laces on tighter... im a big fan of the VC 1 tho, coz nka-zipper xa... and it feels really good on my feet...

yung VC 3 mejo bad trip, whenever im required to play all 40 mins of a game, sumasakit ang balls ng feet ko... im probably gonna buy le bron's shoes or something next time around, something light and comfy... right now im really having fun with the running game (ala suns) and since im no steve nash, id like something light enuf to run with.. any suggestions? i dunno if i shud buy something with zoom air tho, coz im way too heavy for that......

Sorry Doc wala pang balita. Dnt worry I will post up the info once there is another sale.  As for the H2K5, tempting nga specially yung silver and white na colorway, just the same color Jimmy Jackson and the Matrix are wearing for the Phoenix sun :D . Pero I doubt that we will get to see that on sale in the future, very limited lang kasi yung pinarating na quantity ng Nike Philippines :( , just like the H2K4 rarely do I see the color way I want on sale. Actually sold out na rin siya just like the Zoom Drive, I was just lucky to get my hands on those zoom drives..hehe :D . Been trying to restore nga rin my Jordan 5, using shoeglue, saw those adhisive at athletes foot ermita robinson. Expensive nga eh, 340 pesos per tube. But from the specifications about the glue, it has a longer elasticity compound so unlike the mighty bond it stretches when you flex the certain part of the shoe while you are wearing it. I'll update you guys when it is successful. As for the moment here is how the H2k5 white and silver looks like...bling bling.. :cool:

Bili rin nga ako ng shoe glue. Yan din yung type kung Huarache 2K5 pero nakikita ko pa yang ganyang kulay sa mga Nike Shops last week. Kung wala na yan yung white black colorway na lang.