Pinot noir - raspberry, violets

Zinfandel - black cherry

Shiraz - blackberry

Grenache - raspberry'

Sangiovese - black cherry

Merlot - black cherry

Cabernet franc - raspberry

Cabernet sauvignon - blackcurrants

Thanks - hey is there some way to pin this at the beginning of the thread so it's easy to find?

hmmm...so interesting to see the exchanges here about wine....too bad i cant share any thoughts...whew!!! i cant consume anything with alcohol eh..i have allergies..nevertheless..this thread is very informative..keep the exchanges... :) by the way, will you guys invite me to your wine tasting event? hmmm ok for me not to taste...just be in the event and see how it goes... hehehehe

hi bods...hi masi...

hmmm...so interesting to see the exchanges here about wine....too bad i cant share any thoughts...whew!!! i cant consume anything with alcohol eh..i have allergies..nevertheless..this thread is very informative..keep the exchanges... :) by the way, will you guys invite me to your wine tasting event? hmmm ok for me not to taste...just be in the event and see how it goes... hehehehe

hi bods...hi masi...

hi! :)

nice to see you here...we really do need some ladies around here :P

By all means, yes...the thing is wala pang natutuloy sa mga balak naming EB...pag meron, you're in, ok?

too bad you can't imbibe, but just imbibe the atmosphere na lang here...read on!

Guest PinkGraffiti

i dont really drink dat much coz i easily get drunk. isang bottle pa nga lang ng SanMig Light, kamatis na buong mukha ko.. di ko mapigilang masuka. but for the sake of an important event, i drink at times. pero mas okay sana kung wine kasi hindi naman lahat mataas ang alcohol content. hanggang mild ladies drink lang ata ang kaya ng katawan ko..

i dont really drink dat much coz i easily get drunk. isang bottle pa nga lang ng SanMig Light, kamatis na buong mukha ko.. di ko mapigilang masuka. but for the sake of an important event, i drink at times. pero mas okay sana kung wine kasi hindi naman lahat mataas ang alcohol content. hanggang mild ladies drink lang ata ang kaya ng katawan ko..

hi!

well I think beer has about 5% alco content while wine ranges from 12% to 16%, so higher alcohol content ang wine - better think twice :P

But you see, as compared with beer, wine has is supposedly more beneficial to health. Aside from having more calories, I have an uncle who used to work for 25 years in San Miguel and he said that the sugar content in a bottle of beer is the equivalent of 5 tablespoons :blink: So nung nag-retire siya he found out that he is diabetic - he cannot drink beer anymore - puro spirits na lang...

And I daresay, misnomer yang sinasabi mong ladies drink ang wine hehehe.....pwede kang tumumba dito sa wine, or barring that, you get more libidinous ooopss hehehe...

cheers!

would you want to join any future wine EB's? (read: fishing, fishing hehehe)

Hola!

CCL and I just got off the phone and he says that he will put together a despedida for me. I leave for Iceland soon. Can we have a "cheap wine" despedida. Take it as a challeng really. How about we all bring bottles of wine for P150 or less. The trick is to find drinkable wine of that price range. I'm sure there should be a few. We ought to pair this with good food?

To prove that your wine costs that much only..you should not tear off the price sticker or the receipt. Game? Please....

Hola!

CCL and I just got off the phone and he says that he will put together a despedida for me. I leave for Iceland soon.  Can we have a "cheap wine" despedida. Take it as a challeng really. How about we all bring bottles of wine for P150 or less. The trick is to find drinkable wine of that price range. I'm sure there should be a few. We ought to pair this with good food?

To prove that your wine costs that much only..you should not tear off the price sticker or the receipt. Game? Please....

uhhm I doubt you could get a tolerable wine for P150...

the drinkable ones start at P300....

have a nice trip, ms. rain :)

:lol:

Hi Raintribe

Well I am ready with my chinese wines :lol: Seriously Bods,you can get a drinkable chilean wine for about one hundred pesos.Bulgarian is also not too bad also

.Game ako.I will provide a venue and matching foods like Magnolia cheese ,Tastee bread,tinapa :lol: :upside: :lol: .Seriously Real matching foods

:lol:

Hi Raintribe

Well I am ready with my chinese wines :lol: Seriously Bods,you can get a drinkable chilean wine for about one hundred pesos.Bulgarian is also not too bad also

.Game ako.I will provide a venue and matching foods like Magnolia cheese ,Tastee bread,tinapa :lol:  :upside:  :lol: .Seriously Real matching foods

hahahaha anything's cool, pare - basta wine!

hi bods...hi masi...

quite frankly, you may be missing so much by not being able to drink wine especially with the volume of info you can get from this thread... i think that, as asians, we are more prone to allergies from alcohol but by consuming a small volume regularly makes us immune... when i first consumed alcohol, i broke into hives... but soon after, i merely got red... not that we want you to risk your health by trying...

stay in this thread...

Sometimes it also depends on how fast you drink. You can get floored-drunk with three shots of tequila taken consecutively. But if taken over two hours, the three shots is nothing. Same with wine. If you drink it like water on a hot day, you'll probably end up in the bathroom. But the same wine sipped and enjoyed slowly can keep you happy the whole night.

quite frankly, you may be missing so much by not being able to drink wine especially with the volume of info you can get from this thread... i think that, as asians, we are more prone to allergies from alcohol but by consuming a small volume regularly makes us immune... when i first consumed alcohol, i broke into hives... but soon after, i merely got red...  not that we want you to risk your health by trying...

stay in this thread...

Same here. I started late--was a teetotaler until med school. Ironic that I learned to drink after particularly long exams. Everyone would always have corkscrews and bottle openers after. But because I started late, I broke out into rashes the first time. If you continue to drink and enjoy wine ( or any alcoholic drink for that matter), you slowly desensitize your immune system. Go on, have a glass.

quite frankly, you may be missing so much by not being able to drink wine especially with the volume of info you can get from this thread... i think that, as asians, we are more prone to allergies from alcohol but by consuming a small volume regularly makes us immune... when i first consumed alcohol, i broke into hives... but soon after, i merely got red...  not that we want you to risk your health by trying...

stay in this thread...

there's some truth to this...my son has allergies and lately there was some construction in the house...I noticed that he doesn't break out into allergies, considering the fact that there's a lot of dust flying around the house...could be that he got desensitized...

I've been drinking wine for quite some time, and there are times when I get hay fever drinking it pero siguro pana-panahon lang...nothing would deter me :P

Sometimes it also depends on how fast you drink.  You can get floored-drunk with three shots of tequila taken consecutively.  But if taken over two hours, the three shots is nothing.  Same with wine.  If you drink it like water on a hot day, you'll probably end up in the bathroom.  But the same wine sipped and enjoyed slowly can keep you happy the whole night.

quite right, pare...

any alcohol-laced drink should be taken slowly - pacing is the key lalo na kung hindi ka sanay uminom..

it's also handy to have a glass of water nearby...I sometimes would drink a glass of water per two bottles of beer or three glasses of wine - reduces the incidence of a hangover...

also don't drink on an empty stomach - it will make you drunk faster...

another tip - before drinking, take a hefty amount of food laced with lots of oil - the mantika somehow prevents the mixing of the alcohol with the bloodstream...I don't know if this has a scientific basis...

when I was in my teens, I ate a lot of fried rice before a heavy drinking binge - helped me a lot to survive those massive beerfests :P

quite right, pare...

any alcohol-laced drink should be taken slowly - pacing is the key lalo na kung hindi ka sanay uminom..

it's also handy to have a glass of water nearby...I sometimes would drink a glass of water per two bottles of beer or three glasses of wine - reduces the incidence of a hangover...

also don't drink on an empty stomach - it will make you drunk faster...

another tip - before drinking, take a hefty amount of food laced with lots of oil - the mantika somehow prevents the mixing of the alcohol with the bloodstream...I don't know if this has a scientific basis...

when I was in my teens, I ate a lot of fried rice before a heavy drinking binge - helped me a lot to survive those massive beerfests :P

i agree with take oil laced food if there is none... take a shot of olive oil or half a glass of milk.. the oli will delay or prevent the alcohol getting into your bloodstream..

some lessons i've learned...dont eat pusit, octopus, shrimps of prawns... the texture of the meat is not easily digestible... dont eat starchy or sweet food like rice, bread, cakes, candy... the starch turns to sugar which is basically your main ingredient for alcohol..

i agree with agxo, somehow even after drinking a bottle of wine does not make me drunk but i'm be pretty loose :evil: i get really drunk with 8 to 10 shots of whiskey, gin, rum etc... but never a bottle of wine... maybe because you often drink wine with the company of a woman that you cant afford to get drunk ... who knows you can get lucky, big time... :boo:

i agree with take oil laced food if there is none... take a shot of olive oil or half a glass of milk.. the oli will delay or prevent the alcohol getting into your bloodstream..

some lessons i've learned...dont eat pusit, octopus, shrimps of prawns... the texture of the meat is not easily digestible... dont eat starchy or sweet food like rice, bread, cakes,  candy... the starch turns to sugar which is basically your main ingredient for alcohol..

i agree with agxo, somehow even after drinking a bottle of wine does not make me drunk but i'm be pretty loose  :evil:  i get really drunk with 8 to 10 shots of whiskey, gin, rum etc... but never a bottle of wine...  maybe because you often drink wine with the company of a woman that you cant afford to get drunk ... who knows you can get lucky, big time...  :boo:

I think it's not the texture of shrimp but it's a certain chemical compound in shrimp that makes you get drunk faster - so I abhor shrimp as pulutan....

I don't know what it is with red wine...everytime I share a bottle of wine with a lady, the bout we have after is always one for the books :evil:

oh, double post....

Lesson 1 - never ever share a bottle of red wine with a lady unless the lady is willing and able to get wasted by you :evil:

*howlers I WILL DRINK TO THIS!!!!!! *strikers

btw, bods if you are looking for a P150 bottle of wine, try the Gran Trillo (p170) at Anthony, Cork or Magnum. you wont go wrong with this...

Ola Winos! :lol:

Am going to have to agree with you Bods on this, whilst price does not dictate the quality of wine but the quality of wine definitely dictates the price. I've had my dose of cheap wine and I swear they taste like dogwash. :lol:

I've seen Sideways and I found it incredibly hilarious at the same time very painful. And it was just brilliant how intrinsic the vino was to the story. Bravo!

Oh I'll be in Bangkok next week for work so if Sallybognamathay want's to send something for you Bods I'd be happy to carry it back home.

Cheers!

Ola Winos! :lol:

Am going to have to agree with you Bods on this, whilst price does not dictate the quality of wine but the quality of wine definitely dictates the price.  I've had my dose of cheap wine and I swear they taste like dogwash. :lol: 

Hey Lipstick! Long time no post!

So true - price is not a reliable indication of quality, but quality is a generally reliable indicator of price. Exceptions duly noted. IOW - the cheaper the wine, the more likely to be not good. The better the wine, the more likely to be not cheap. Exceptions noted.

Sideways mania is just everywhere these days. Pinots are flying off the shelves, merlot sales are down! A local wine store has the Sideways shelf, where the display the wines and wineries featured in the movie. YOu can buy a Sideways wine pack with a bottle each of the featured wines. The Hitching Post is no longer a sleepy little restaurant for the locals - they had to turn away a large tour bus full of Sidways wannabes because they were full and could not accomoodate the crowd. Amazing what an Oscar-nominated movie will do for you! Lemmings are everywhere! (Inside Mac joke - a reference to an Apple ad circa 1984).