I'm not sure if pareng masi was aware of it...how was it?

I thought you were now in the Land of the Volcanoes :)

If you're here in Manila, give us a holler so we can have an impromptu WEB with you - magaling kami ni pareng masi sa mga biglaan hehehe....

Signed the contract and all that...waiting for the entry permit. Although, the hospital that hired me is already paying me a small allowance as sort of a retainer thing. Never thought that nurses were THAT in demand :P Anyway, am still going but in a couple of months pa. Did not expect this new development (delays with the entry permit since there is no Iceland consulate or embassy in the Philippines). Meanwhile, I bum around...been traveling a bit and attending/giving seminars left and right. How's everyone?

Edited by Raintribe
I'm not sure if pareng masi was aware of it...how was it?

I thought you were now in the Land of the Volcanoes :)

If you're here in Manila, give us a holler so we can have an impromptu WEB with you - magaling kami ni pareng masi sa mga biglaan hehehe....

didn't hear about it and even if i did, i doubt it if i would have gone. i like spanish food, to my doctor's chagrin, but i would not go out of my way beyond driving distance to get it. that's why i venture only to our fav rendezvous point... a halfway house for bods and i and whoever wants to join. B)

impromptu WEB?! i'll drink to that!

Perhaps the contest has had its last run - I don't know. We do need to sample the Cleavage Crrek at least. the tree's doing well, thank you very much. 20 feet tall and still growing!! Not bad for a supposed 8 ft. shrub, huh?

If the port's bad you'll hear my screams all the way across the big pond.  :angry:

Best cab vintage of the 90s? For me it's got to be either the 99 or the 95. The 97 is pretty close, and the 94. The 92 and 93 are not bad at all. 90 and 91 were respectable. 96 was not bad at all! the 98 feels left out, doens't it? Not bad, just not as good as the others, at least in the napa valley. Shorter summer than the other years, and some rain at just the wrong time!

This year feels like it will be not as good as 98. Long, wet, cold winter, followed by soggy spring and a late summer (and cooler than normal, on the average). That will make for some less than optimally ripe grapes unless we get a nice, long warm spell that lasts well into October. Only time will tell. Should make for some pretty decent pinot noirs out of the Russian River area, though.

see? even the whatever-it-is got confused with the bad wine you were feeding it. Can't decide if he's a tree or a shrub :P

so far, pare, I don't hear any screams around here hehehe....

you really got to taste all those cab vintages? We couldn't even get a decent cab here....

I'll take note of that 99 or 95 - thanks, pare.

Hello masi...where are you based? It's just that there was a wine seminar thing and I attended. Although the same wine-drinking group was there...it was great to see the Cebuano offspring of Bacchus all together again. The afternoon ended with one of the participants inviting everyone to a buffet dinner at his place :-)

Hello masi...where are you based? It's just that there was a wine seminar thing and I attended. Although the same wine-drinking group was there...it was great to see the Cebuano offspring of Bacchus all together again. The afternoon ended with one of the participants inviting everyone to a buffet dinner at his place :-)

hi raintribe! am based here but i could be everywhere, as well :) ... Bacchus opened a branch in Cebu? that's great!!! I dont get to go down to the city when I'm there (missing out on the wines and Cebuanas), I usually fly in and out the same day as most of my work would be in Mactan...

oh...i don't mean Bacchus opening a branch here. Was speaking metaphorically...like, the tribe/followers of the God of Wine Bacchus. It's too bad really that you only stay a day. Schedule time for an overnight trip and I will show you wine shops all over the city. Most of them are owned/run by friends, so it will be interesting (I think).

oh...i don't mean Bacchus opening a branch here. Was speaking metaphorically...like, the tribe/followers of the God of Wine Bacchus. It's too bad really that you only stay a day. Schedule time for an overnight trip and I will show you wine shops all over the city. Most of them are owned/run by friends, so it will be interesting (I think).

oh sorry i got it all confused! i still carrying a hangover of the twosome WEB bods and I had last night and this inspite of the 4 espressos i had today (2 in the morning, 2 after lunch)!

i'll take you up on your offer... hard to refuse the invite of wine and a Cebuana :hypocritesmiley:

Signed the contract and all that...waiting for the entry permit. Although, the hospital that hired me is already paying me a small allowance as sort of a retainer thing. Never thought that nurses were THAT in demand  :P  Anyway, am still going but in a couple of months pa. Did not expect this new development (delays with the entry permit since there is no Iceland consulate or embassy in the Philippines). Meanwhile, I bum around...been traveling a bit and attending/giving seminars left and right. How's everyone?

we also bum around here, but we get to drink a lot of wine :P

could be that nurses are still scarce in the Scandinavian regions - I wonder why...

ok, so we might still get a chance to see you before you leave....

didn't hear about it and even if i did, i doubt it if i would have gone.  i like spanish food, to my doctor's chagrin, but i would not go out of my way beyond driving distance to get it. that's why i venture only to our fav rendezvous point... a halfway house for bods and i and whoever wants to join. B)

impromptu WEB?!  i'll drink to that!

be ready for another impromptu next week, ok? :P

we'll look for another halfway house as I doubt Barcino has rid itself of all that Robusta smell :P better make ourselves scarce there for a while hehehe....

Bods...you and Masi should get your asses down south fast!!! Would be happy to drive you guys around. Make up a threesome or something  :rolleyes:

hmmm...the word threesome was good enough, but what really perked me up was the ......or somethng additive :boo: Is that what is called a bacchanalia or a saturnalia hehehe....

I doubt we could go down south if we had no business there hehehe...

we could drive you around if you're here :rolleyes:

what do you say to a wine, sea weekend here in cebu. Everyone arrives Saturday p.m. and we have an aphrodisiac dinner at a beach house somewhere...we can put up the menu to match the wine list. Think great dinner conversation with like-minded Bacchanalian friends. I have one or two girlfriends who would join in a flash...

be ready for another impromptu next week, ok? :P

we'll look for another halfway house as I doubt Barcino  has rid itself  of all that Robusta smell :P  better make ourselves scarce there for a while hehehe....

i'll be there bods!!! pare, the robustos kept with the tradition of our forefathers, when everyone spoke spanish. i remember my grandfather sitting on his favorite wooden chair, cigar on 1 hand and a cupita of rum, brandy or wine on the other. i dreaded visiting him as i couldn't stand the stench of the cigar, well, i was young then.

i think they appreciated us for following up our meetings. what we spent last night was no henny penny! beside, i'll be going back with the wife to pick a gift this weekend. I was talked into this Spanish cava as Europe's best selling sparkling wine, beating the French!!!! and it's way, way cheaper than a Dom. who knows i might get another tampranillo in the process.

what do you say to a wine, sea weekend here in cebu. Everyone arrives Saturday p.m. and we have an aphrodisiac dinner at a beach house somewhere...we can put up the menu to match the wine list. Think great dinner conversation with like-minded Bacchanalian friends. I have one or two girlfriends who would join in a flash...

nako!

hehehe....

you sure do know how to put up an "enticing", to say the least, presentation :rolleyes:

but it's only masi who's good at dinner conversation :P while I'm only good at being like-minded hehe...

For a while there, I thought I read that two of your girlfriends would join us in the flesh hahaha!

whew! Must be the robusta I smoked last night :P

i'll be there bods!!!  pare, the robustos kept with the tradition of our forefathers, when everyone spoke spanish. i remember my grandfather sitting on his favorite wooden chair, cigar on 1 hand and a cupita of rum, brandy or wine on the other.  i dreaded visiting him as i couldn't stand the stench of the cigar, well, i was young then.

i think they appreciated us for following up our meetings.  what we spent last night was no henny penny!  beside, i'll be going back with the wife to pick a gift this weekend.  I was talked into this Spanish cava as Europe's best selling sparkling wine, beating the French!!!! and it's way, way cheaper than a Dom.  who knows i might get another tampranillo in the process.

it's tempranillo, pare - you shouldn't have smoked 2 robustas last night :P

pare I owe you something as what I gave you was some sort of henny-penny....My grandfather only drank gin and he did not smoke so I have no recollection like yours :P

If my budget permits, I might be tempted to buy that tempranillo we had - that was a 1999 Bach tempranillo, if I recall correctly. The syrah I can't recall the name, except that it was a 2000.....

nako!

hehehe....

you sure do know how to put up an "enticing", to say the least, presentation :rolleyes:

but it's only masi who's good at dinner conversation :P while I'm only good at being like-minded hehe...

For a while there, I thought I read that two of your girlfriends would join us in the flesh hahaha!

whew! Must be the robusta I smoked last night :P

good at dinner conversation? :blink: pare... i just talk alot and i mean alot... when i wear my reading glasses you would think i am competing with boy abunda in terms of nonsense jabber !!!! :boo: *strikers ...

no hangover for you bods, except for the cigar???? good for you... how come i have a hangover... i must have drank faster than i could talk..... :wacko:

it's tempranillo, pare - you shouldn't have smoked 2 robustas last night :P

pare I owe you something as what I gave you was some sort of henny-penny....My grandfather only drank gin and he did not smoke so I have no recollection like yours :P

If my budget permits, I might be tempted to buy that tempranillo we had - that was a 1999 Bach tempranillo, if I recall correctly. The syrah I can't recall the name, except that it was a 2000.....

thanks for the correction, bods, i truly appreciate it. with so much good conversation, good wine, good smoke everything went in a blur. perhaps, my waterloo - remembering labels and vintage. but there were just a few things really worth remembering last night, and that, i think you will fully agree with me.

well...i have to go...need to wrap up a few things

I am serious about that wine weekend in Cebu. Even volunteering to organize it. Whoever is interested can either PM me or send a message to Bods.

teka!

bakit send a message to me?!!

hehehe delikado yan baka hindi na kami umabot sa Cebu kung lovelies ang mag-PM sa akin :boo:

pero I'm all for it - i can take messages :rolleyes: