well, yeah, you could say that...  but shouldnt be that much.. maybe the european have much demand for the bubbly with all these EU celebrations!!!!

the Moet is in fact in the list....

thanks...

pare I just remembered I read something about grand a conspiracy involving Moet way back 1989, which involved French greed, Cuban desperation, Panamanian corruption, South African collusion and American's gullibility.

Two Frenchmen, one a senior lecturer at a prestigious wine standards organization and the other a winemaking consultant, forged a deal with Fidel Castro about making fake Moet et Chandon at one of Cuba's abandoned rhum facilities. This would use counterfeit labels, corks, bottles (which the lecturer with his connections would take care of) and inferior liquid inside (which the consultant would make from chenin blanc and Colombard imported from South Africa.) You must note that real Champagne makes use of the superior Pinot Noir grapes only.

The wine would be laundered through some Panamanian warehouses under the control of Noriega's brother-in-law and would then be shipped to the US and sold through importers and distributors involved in the scheme.

The scheme went on for about 2 years. French investigators opined that the fake Moet was shipped through the ports of New Orleans and Miami and sold and distributed in Atlanta and Dallas, "where they probably wouldn't know the difference." The investigators believed that 240,000 bottles could have been sold in the US!

The scheme could have gone on had not Castro tipped off the 2 Frenchmen that the US was about to invade Panama so they had the rest of the Moet shipped to France and sold to a French company. It is estimated that a further 120,000 bottles were sold in France. Only when the French customers complained of the taste did the whole plot fell through.

The two Frenchmen were eventually arrested in 1991 and fined almost a million dollars and given suspended prison sentences. A third who is suspected to be the South African connection was also arrested but was killed in mysterious circumstances.

The South African connection was not discovered until 1997, when during an expose of a different scam, it was found out that KWV shipped nearly one million liters of chenin blanc and colombard wines to Cuba in 1990.

cheers, winos!

I hope you're drinking the genuine stuff :P

WAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.. there a really garrulous laughter! Hahahahahahahaha.  You really crack me up Bods!!!!  :*  Sebo lips and jologs pearls. Wahahahahahahahahahahahaha.  I think I just gave myself a tummy ache from laughing too much!

Yes no ice in the wine!  The first time I witnessed that I wanted to have a coronary!!!!! :blink:  Such sacrilege!  :grr:

You are ever so sweet Bods.  Hahaha and a smooth talker too! :rolleyes:  How can I not love being in this thread?!  You patronize me like anything! :P hehe. 

Seriously, the comparison to the summer solstice is beautiful Bods.  Made me blush kahit joke lang sya.  :D  I actually woke up to a similar message a few days ago .... an sms in my phone that said " Coffee without you is not as flavorful. So is my day. And my day does not start until you are part of it. Where it starts and ends I have no idea because time either flies or completely freezes with you"    :heart:    *sigh*    Hehe dapat wine ano?  Kaso puro kape ang iniinum namin lately kaya ayan coffee tuloy. :lol:  If we had wine often, God only knows! Haha he loves his wines too and when broke has chilean but prefers a 93 Margaux and for special dates an Opus One. Haha teka, since I haven't had a drop with him I probably was not a great date? :unsure:

:lol:  And I just bagged another award I thinK!!!!!!  :thumbsupsmiley:

In my next life I would like to be a full bodied shiraz I think.... so I can not only twirl myself inside your mouth but get in your system as well. :boo:  Eyes will definitely roll when they read this post. :lol:  Lipat na nga lang tayo sa landian thread, baka paluin tayo ni Masi dito.  :upside:

p.s. Ang daming emoticons naman itong post ko!

Smooth from all that wine, I guess, but it's not patronage but a genuine liking for someone who helped kept the Thread alive :)

It's not some joke there about the summer solstice - because of your presence, the sun never seems to set on our Thread hehehe....funny about that coffee sms. There was also one in my phone that said, What makes coffee sweet? Sugar? Nah! It's the stirring you do after adding sugar. Same with life, it's what you do with it that makes it worthwhile." But that was a year ago and our coffee is almost reduced to bitters but I still stir some sugar in the hope of bringing back the magic......

You don't have to wait for the next life in order to realize that potential - you now seem deeply-ingrained in our system that a day would feel incomplete if we do not see you around here...

cheers!

ano yung landian thread? meron ba nun :P

told you... i only drink on days ending in "y" .  i surfed the net today and seems like tabac at the pen or kiplings at mandarin are the only single malt places in town.  there is also a wine bar in clark known as yats which has some single malts. 

just to tickle your curiosity on single malts.  http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar/CA_Fe...344,629,00.html

pare sige!

let's go pay some visit to Glen at Tabac or Kipling's :boo:

errr...do you have any idea how much is a shot of single-malt there hehehe

yup, same here, spring is promising... but fall is captivating... quite a mystery... the uncertainty of what  winter would bring... just like a bottle of wine...    or as forrest gump would say, "you'll never know what you will get".

have a great week ahead...

Fine with me... last time I checked, this was Bods thread... and your exchanges are pretty  amusing ..

Oh, btw, the last time, I checked too, the Pope's name is Jo, not MO :wacko:

ah... coffee...  a double espresso anytime!  maybe at 1a.m. after all the wine so i fall asleep right away.  or after dinner just before the shiraz @ segafredo with a creme brulee or a chocolate cake...

my simple pleasures....

Señor Masi! I missed you today! Acutally I missed this thread today as I was stuck in a 9-6 meeting this earlier :( I sure could use a stiff drink or a nice soothing glass of wine right now! :lol:

Autumn is my favorite time of the year. And you are right, fall is captivating. Autumn is dreamy, really. :)

Ummmmmm I guess there was a major typo then in the Pope's name when I read the papers :lol:

Hehe I didn't know you had a sweet tooth señor! I prefer my coffee long black tho but every now and then I do enjoy the cafe mocha at Starbucks, the Mocharetto at Gloria Jean's, the Almond Coffee at UCC and the Malted Choco Coffee at Mocha Blends.

Now back to the good stuff ... wine! Am going to have some tomorrow ... haven't decided exactly what yet but am definitely sticking to red. :D

Thanks bods, masi, and lipstick -the unofficial muse of the wine thread.  Hope to see you all soon.

Hey hey hey ... another connoisseur in the thread! :lol: I wonder of what. :rolleyes:

Nice of you to drop by MuffPieGourmand. ;) So did I miss reading a post or you haven't told us yet how you love your wine? In lusty and copious amounts just like your ehermmmmm or mysterious and elusive like some of your written subjects in your room. :boo:

Me too! Thanks for the invite.  Dumami sana ang lahi ng winos dito.

Hello Mr.PinoyStrigoi! It would be refreshing to have more winos in the thread. As you can see Bods and Masi are utterly bored with just the regular me here that they have tried to manipulate the discussion to veer away from wine!!!

:lol: And that was a 3pt shot from Lipstick! wahooooo!!! Another award!!!!

I remember Cabernet Souvignon, and Merlot.

Red Wines used to make me feed the duck. Later on I learn to love it.

Spanish Gate in Subic is where I lstarted drinking these rouge drink.

It's RALPHS WINE & SPIRIT who has all the wines you need...

Boss Ralph, Mean and Mabel (Goddess of Liquor)

Cheers!!!

Hello scentofawoman, I am the oic muse at the moment until we elect someone deserving of the title so allow me to welcome you to the thread! Wonderful that you have learned to appreciate wine but what have you been drinking lately aside from the reds? :unsure:

Edited by Lipstick
Smooth from all that wine, I guess, but it's not patronage but a genuine liking for someone who helped kept the Thread alive :)

It's not some joke there about the summer solstice - because of your presence, the sun never seems to set on our Thread hehehe....funny about that coffee sms. There was also one in my phone that said, What makes coffee sweet? Sugar? Nah! It's the stirring you do after adding sugar. Same with life, it's what you do with it that makes it worthwhile." But that was a year ago and our coffee is almost reduced to bitters but I still stir some sugar in the hope of bringing back the magic......

You don't have to wait for the next life in order to realize that potential - you now seem deeply-ingrained in our system that a day would feel incomplete if we do not see you around here...

cheers!

ano yung landian thread? meron ba nun :P

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Don't make me weep Bods!!!! :P But seriously, thank you. :) That was really very kind and wonderful of you to say. Blush ako sandali hah? :blush: :blush: :blush:

:D

I shall blow some pixie dust your way Bods, and wish you a whole lotta magic. I love that word ... magic. :cool: And hopefully the coffee will taste as flavorful as it used to .... but teka, ever considered changing the kind of sugar perhaps? Maybe some honey or sugar cubes? :D Or maybe equal? :lol: But seriously, s special wish for you today .... a wish of magic. :)

And just to be repetitive like MojoJojo in the PowerPuffGirls, I missed this thread today as I was stuck in a meeting the entire day and I also do feel something amiss when I do not get to visit this thread daily. :wub: Which is what will happen next week for me as I have to be in Bangkok for business the entire week! :( But I will most definitely try and drop in early morning or late night after the day of work is done.

Tsirs din. hehe.

Meron landian thread sa MTC world! Hahahahaha punta tayo doon! :boo:

Señor Masi!  I missed you today!  Acutally I missed this thread today as I was stuck in a 9-6 meeting this earlier :(  I sure could use a stiff drink or a nice soothing glass of wine right now! :lol:

Autumn is my favorite time of the year.  And you are right, fall is captivating.  Autumn is dreamy, really. :)

Ummmmmm I guess there was a major typo then in the Pope's name when I read the papers  :lol:

Hehe I didn't know you had a sweet tooth señor!  I prefer my coffee long black tho but every now and then I do enjoy the cafe mocha at Starbucks, the Mocharetto at Gloria Jean's, the Almond Coffee at UCC and the Malted Choco Coffee at Mocha Blends.

Now back to the good stuff ... wine!  Am going to have some tomorrow ... haven't decided exactly what yet but am definitely sticking to red. :D

Si Senorita Lipstick? Que pasa? No sweet too for me... the creme brulee and the chocolate cake in segafredo are just too good to pass!!! you have to try it... libre mo ko... :)

the doppio espresso, my dear like the whiskey and the wine, is pure. nothing else could touch my lips and purify my soul.... :hypocritesmiley: (A Starbucks just happened to be at the lobby of our office building, how convenient. :P )

sorry people, it's the endorphins from too much running over the weekend. coupled by 2 near perfect sessions at the driving range, i have been hitting golf balls to the sound of.... did somebody just say "Tiger"? B)

well, bods, i guess there are things in life that are just not that easy to forgo, wine i shall not.

looking forward to thursday's event. :rolleyes:

Haha such sage words ..... :boo:  Someone recently told me to stop thinking so much.  Hehe.

whoever told you that must not like you... continue to think... it leads to discoveries... creativeness ... and most of all ... leads you to a better life..

think positive... throw out all the negative and the trash and you will see a different and wonderful world just in front of you...

believe me... i am old... :hypocritesmiley:

Si Senorita Lipstick?  Que pasa?  No sweet too for me... the creme brulee and the chocolate cake in segafredo are just too good to pass!!!  you have to try it... libre mo ko... :)

the doppio espresso, my dear like the whiskey and the wine, is pure.  nothing else could touch my lips and purify my soul.... :hypocritesmiley:  (A Starbucks just happened to be at the lobby of our office building, how convenient. :P )

sorry people, it's the endorphins from too much running over the weekend.  coupled by 2 near perfect  sessions at the driving range, i have been hitting golf balls  to the sound of....  did somebody just say "Tiger"?  B) 

well, bods, i guess there are things in life that are just not that easy to forgo, wine i shall not. 

looking forward to thursday's event. :rolleyes:

Haha sige I will libre you. When I find myself in Segafredo's along de la Costa I shall send out smoke signals so you can claim your sweets Tiger. ;) *roarrrrr*

:lol:

whoever told you that must not like you... continue to think... it leads to discoveries... creativeness ... and most of all ... leads you to a better life..

think positive... throw out all the negative and the trash and you will see a different and wonderful world just in front of you...

believe me... i am old... :hypocritesmiley:

Oh he likes me ... more than like I think. haha there I go thinking again. :lol: Seriously, he meant it in the same context you did to Bods. Sometimes we just cannot dissect to the core or strip something to its essence. Sometimes all we need is to be guided by whatever it is that moves us. Much like the bouquet, texture and taste of lovely wine. :) Besides, I could never lose that .... an inquisitive mind is a sign of a vigorous intellect however I think in my case I am just extremely makulit! :lol:

Oh Señor Masi, you are not old .... old is just for trees. You are uhhmmm ... ripe just like the best grapes for the best wine. :)

Haha sige I will libre you.  When I find myself in Segafredo's along de la Costa I shall send out smoke signals so you can claim your sweets Tiger. ;) *roarrrrr*

Segafredo along dela Rosa.... nope, parang La Salle dun... mahirap ang parking (beep! beep!) Segafredo at GB2, nice place to do an eb since they serve a variety of wines, too.

I meant this Tiger!

Is it the wine or are all of you suddenly turning into philosophers?  Ok thread na ito, may advice pa on life. 

Sige nga, fill in the blanks....

Life is like wine, __________________

Sa akin -....it only takes one lousy grape to wreck a perfect blend.

Your turn masi, lipstick and bods.

... it gets more mystical in time.

Oh Señor Masi, you are not old .... old is just for trees.  You are uhhmmm ... ripe just like the best grapes for the best wine.  :)

how quickly you learn, my Senorita (not the banana), it was not too long ago when i said men dont age... they get more complex, just like a cabernet shiraz.... truly a mystery

Hello to all winos.

I've been a lurker of this thread for months now. I also am fond of wines and collect them. Haven't tasted the varietal that suites me best or maybe the ones that I've tasted were on the category of the "not so good". Tried Cab Sauv, Merlot and just recently Pinot Noir but didn't like what I tasted. Also tasted Chards and Semillon. Maybe I am not the wine type. :-)

Just bought 2 bottles of Prahova Pinot Noir 2001. Is it any good? Saw plenty of it in a supermarket rack last week and hesitated in buying but when I got back last night and found only 2 bottles left, I bought them both!

Anyway, will try it tonight to find out if it is any good.

Segafredo along dela Rosa.... nope, parang La Salle dun... mahirap ang parking (beep! beep!)  Segafredo at GB2, nice place to do an eb since they serve a variety of wines, too.

I  meant this Tiger!

Parang La Salle? Hmmmmm ok GB then! :lol:

And yes I know you meant the Tiger that swings ... and no not the dance or that term which is related to swapping. :lol:

Is it the wine or are all of you suddenly turning into philosophers?  Ok thread na ito, may advice pa on life. 

Sige nga, fill in the blanks....

Life is like wine, __________________

Sa akin -....it only takes one lousy grape to wreck a perfect blend.

Your turn masi, lipstick and bods.

Must be the wine PinoyStrigoi! It's making an honest woman out of me. :lol:

Life is like wine --- intense, rich, deep, an amalgamation of senses meant to be slowly indulged. If you are hasty you will miss all little details and subtleties that are essential. :)

how quickly you learn, my Senorita (not the banana), it was not too long ago when i said men dont age... they get more complex, just like a cabernet shiraz.... truly a mystery

But of course I have such good teachers like you and Bods! :boo:

Hello to all winos.

I've been a lurker of this thread for months now.  I also am fond of wines and collect them. Haven't tasted the varietal that suites me best or maybe the ones that I've tasted were on the category of the "not so good". Tried Cab Sauv, Merlot and just recently Pinot Noir but didn't like what I tasted. Also tasted Chards and Semillon.  Maybe I am not the wine type. :-)

Just bought 2 bottles of Prahova Pinot Noir 2001. Is it any good? Saw plenty of it in a supermarket rack last week and hesitated in buying but when I got back last night and found only 2 bottles left, I bought them both!

what are you looking for in your wines? are you looking for a crisp or fragrant nose? spicy, full or tannic body, long or short follow through...

there are no absolutes but a balance which you could only discern after numerous trials and wonderful discoveries.

i am sure my fellow winos.. lipstick, agxo, bods, eagleyes, etc (too many too mention) will add to this reply...

enjoy the reading, post more often and share your experience... i am also like you, still in the process of discovering.

Parang La Salle?  Hmmmmm ok GB then! :lol:

but before the espresso and the chocolate cake (which you will buy), we should get buzzed with wine or a single-malt.. pati yong  libre mo? :P

And yes I know you meant the Tiger that swings ... and no not the dance or that term which is related to swapping. :lol:  no comment on the latter part :huh:

Must be the wine PinoyStrigoi!  It's making an honest woman out of me. :lol:

Life is like wine --- intense, rich, deep, an amalgamation of senses meant to be slowly indulged.  If you are hasty you will miss all little details and subtleties that are essential. :)

how profound compared to what pinoy or i posted... maybe i am short for words but long on action.  i can't believe i just said that... it cant be the endorphins still? :blink:

But of course I have such good teachers like you and Bods! :boo:

i cant speak for bods but maybe you are a better student than i as a teacher. ;)

Hello to all winos.

I've been a lurker of this thread for months now.  I also am fond of wines and collect them. Haven't tasted the varietal that suites me best or maybe the ones that I've tasted were on the category of the "not so good". Tried Cab Sauv, Merlot and just recently Pinot Noir but didn't like what I tasted. Also tasted Chards and Semillon.  Maybe I am not the wine type. :-)

Haha Welcome TatangNamo ... Señor Masi beat me to it but warmest welcome just the same. I'm the oic unofficial muse of this thread until they finally elect a woman truly deserving of the title :rolleyes: So if you need any info pwera lang po details of Bods' and Masi's sexual life and whereabouts I would be more than glad to answer them for you in the best of my humble capacities :D

Bods, another award for me! :lol:

but before the espresso and the chocolate cake (which you will buy), we should get buzzed with wine or a single-malt.. pati yong  libre mo? tongue.gif

how profound compared to what pinoy or i posted... maybe i am short for words but long on action.  i can't believe i just said that... it cant be the endorphins still? blink.gif

i cant speak for bods but maybe you are a better student than i as a teacher.

Hahaha abuso na yan Senyorrrrrrrrrrrrr! :lol: Libre ko isang bottle of red of my CHOICE! Pasalamat ka I am not as cruel as Bods to make you drink Indian or Chinese cooking wine! :P

Am hardly profound at all Masi just feeling my way through life. :boo: Hahahaha lintek penge naman ng konting endorphins at seratonin na yan!!!!! Para naka hirit din ako ng maganda. :lol:

Ahhhh learning well takes a patient & very abled teacher as it does an eager & tenacious student. :D