hehehe pare I thought we'd be moving the WEB to the 8th para we hit two birds with one stone on the same day :P

I can't go to both, but being the wino that I am, I'm more inclined to be there on the 7th na lang.

I'll be there 7pm - give or take a few sips :cool:

spurt should be here - I'll get in touch with him, pare.

pare Old World na nga yung Spanish eh...after the Spanish, we go New World - if spurt doesn't have any with him, I buy na lang sa Wine Depot. Besides we still have that SeaRidge na pwedeng pang-mumog :thumbsupsmiley:

I'm good with either or both. If your schedule is much open on the 7th, I'll go for it!!!

Barcino is the place, then...

Errr inflation? :lol:  How about Gloria Mac? :lol:

The other brand you were trying to think of ... is it Moet et Chandon?

well, yeah, you could say that... but shouldnt be that much.. maybe the european have much demand for the bubbly with all these EU celebrations!!!!

the Moet is in fact in the list....

thanks...

Haha Bods & Masi, cute ninyo.  Hehe.  Dadalawa na nga lang kayo di pa kayo magka ayusan sa date. :lol: 

well, we try to make each encounter truly special... bods and i are flirts, just like a ripe merlot.. but not necessarily short on the follow through... like any wino you have to find out yourself... B)

well, yeah, you could say that...  but shouldnt be that much.. maybe the european have much demand for the bubbly with all these EU celebrations!!!!

the Moet is in fact in the list....

thanks...

Dom Perignon is made by Moet. The more common Moet is what's called White Star. If you can't find any of those, the other to look for that I like are:

Perrier Jouet in the painted bottle

Veuve Cliquot with the orange label

If you want to go even more upscale, look for Roederer - if waaaaaaay upscale, look for Cristal

Also in the French style but made in California, and very, very good -

Schramsberg

Gloria Ferrer

Domaine Chandon

Mumm Napa Valley

Schug

Dom Perignon is made by Moet. The more common Moet is what's called White Star. If you can't find any of those, the other to look for that I like are:

Perrier Jouet in the painted bottle

Veuve Cliquot with the orange label

If you want to go even more upscale, look for Roederer - if waaaaaaay upscale, look for Cristal

Also in the French style but made in California, and very, very good -

Schramsberg

Gloria Ferrer

Domaine Chandon

Mumm Napa Valley

Schug

Thanks for this list... I have a Perrier Jouet stored at home. I dont want to go overboard and I'm keeping a budget fit for the Dom. I guess he deserves it having won a bout with colon C and the death of his spouse.

Thanks for this list... I have a Perrier Jouet stored at home.  I dont want to go overboard and I'm keeping a budget fit for the Dom.  I guess he deserves it having won a bout with colon C and the death of his spouse.

I don't know what prices are like over there, but here the Dom Perignon, Periier Jouet and Veuve Cliquot are direct competitors and very similar in price - just a few dollars apart in pricing. The American sparklers are somehwat less expensive but IMHO not any less delicious. I left one Colifornia sparkler off the list - it's the J sprakling wine from Sonoma. They make a Brut that is absolutely one fo the best California has to offer. Andit's priced below the French offerings!

aha!

so I hit it on the (G)-spot :P

Your multi-O names sure are a wonder, and you seem to have become more explosive with age and change of status - like some good shiraz that we adore. :blush:

er have you had any luck in hunting down that fugitive, Jim Barry aka The Armagh aka Mcrae Wood? :D

Shamelss flirt you are Bods, just like that last drop of fine cab shiraz I had embracing my palate. :P But I like shameless men like you! :boo:

:lol: Hayyyy kulang na talaga ako sa practice, ang sasama ng mga hirit ko! :lol:

I haven't actively hunted for Jim Barry but I will next week! I'd be happy with the Clare but the McRae Wood was just described soooooooo finely that it's conjuring up very very lascivious images in my mind of the way my senses would react to its smell and taste.

hehehehe....

that's why our EB's are a ROUSING success! With meticulous planning and no-leaving-any-stone-unturned gung-ho attitude, the attendance grows by leaps and bounds! Attendance at the last EB jumped up 50% (from 2 to 3 winos), if my math is correct :boo:

as it was, if you were there the last EB, it could have been an AROUSING success :boo:

thanks too for the baking soda tip....I can now spill wine everyday on my shirts and not worry about it :D  :*

Hehe well the next WEB let's make it a 100% improvement in attendance as I will make sure to be present. And hahahahaha no need to get it up este get up for me. :lol:

Hey Ms. Lipstick! Sorry I missed the WEB with you and the others but one of these days I'll find time for a side trip to Manila while I'm in Taiwan.

Am looking forward to meeting you Mr. Agxo3. You truly are a fellow kindred spirit. I remember the first thoughts you posted when tragedy befell me last year. I shall never never forget your kindness. :)

tell your wife it's waterproof lipstick.. then at least she knows you haven't been drinking again!!!! *strikers

Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder what Mrs. Bods would prefer, wino or women problems? :lol:

well, we try to make each encounter truly special... bods and i are flirts, just like a ripe merlot.. but not necessarily short on the follow through... like any wino you have to find out yourself... B)

Hahahahahaha oh my, you men are just toooooo hot to handle alone! I just hope you don't flirt with each other or else my heart would truly break! :rolleyes:

Thanks for this list... I have a Perrier Jouet stored at home.  I dont want to go overboard and I'm keeping a budget fit for the Dom.  I guess he deserves it having won a bout with colon C and the death of his spouse.

Hey, how come no one ever thought of gifting me with a Dom when I lost my spouse? :unsure: The only offer I got was that one DOM sitting next to me on my flight to Sydney. :lol:

Top of the morning winos! It's great to be alive today. :D

Hahahahahaha oh my, you men are just toooooo hot to handle alone!  I just hope you don't flirt with each other or else my heart would truly break! :rolleyes: 

Hey, how come no one ever thought of gifting me with a Dom when I lost my spouse?  :unsure: 

you havent got a Dom offer, my dear simply because you havent ask... nor maybe you havent turned 70 yet?

bod and i are too hot to handle.... NAH! B) we're just :cool:

nobody's heart will be broken, lipstick... if ever your's is, bods and i will make sure we'll be there for you to hold it together.....

right, partner?!

you havent got a Dom offer, my dear simply because you havent ask... nor maybe you havent turned 70 yet? 

nobody's heart will be broken, lipstick... if ever your's is, bods and i will make sure we'll be there for you to hold it together.....

right, partner?!

At 70... yah reckon I'd still be able to enjoy that Dom????? :blink:

:lol:

You boys are just soooo fine like the wines you imbibe! :blush: That's really a good line Mr. Masi.... hehehehe make sure you'll be there to hold it together. Now you know why I just love older men! Shamelssly even! :lol:

At 70... yah reckon I'd still be able to enjoy that Dom????? :blink: 

:lol:

You boys are just soooo fine like the wines you imbibe! :blush:  That's really a good line Mr. Masi.... hehehehe make sure you'll be there to hold it together.  Now you know why I just love older men!  Shamelssly even! :lol:

and who are you referring to as old? as far as i know men get experienced... trees get old! :rolleyes:

I'm good with either or both.  If your schedule is much open on the 7th, I'll go for it!!!

Barcino is the place, then...

well, not really pare...

I prefer Thursdays as Friday is too much of a gimmicky day - the places are full, the traffic horrendous, the parking touch-and-go, the waiters rude and almost invisible :P

It's settled, then.....

July 7, Thursday, 6pm/7pm. BARCINO

cheers!

Oh dear, where are the manners my mother taught me?!?!?!!!!  :blush:  You and Bods are fine examples of highly EXPERIENCED men. :)

:lol: You three are a riot! :lol: I'm the shy, restrained and retiring type myself......... :blush: I really got to get to meet you all in person! Unfortunately, my July trip keep getting moved back. It's now the last week in July, and with a reunion in Las Vegas coming up in August I can't even begin to consider a side trip to Manila. But - November is still a possibility!

So - today is Thursday and our regular WEB and photographer's forum. I'm bringing 2 bottles this time - one of the new Retzlaff New Vines cabs I just picked up, and a 1997 Neibaum-Coppola Cask cab. Never had the Cask before, although I really, really like the N-C Rubicon which is a cab/merlot/cab franc blend. The 97 was very, very tasty. So I have high hopes for this bottle.

Shamelss flirt you are Bods, just like that last drop of fine cab shiraz I had embracing my palate. :P  But I like shameless men like you! :boo: 

:lol:  Hayyyy kulang na talaga ako sa practice, ang sasama ng mga hirit ko! :lol:

I haven't actively hunted for Jim Barry but I will next week!  I'd be happy with the Clare but the McRae Wood was just described soooooooo finely that it's conjuring up very very lascivious images in my mind of the way my senses would react to its smell and taste. 

Hehe well the next WEB let's make it a 100% improvement in attendance as I will make sure to be present.  And hahahahaha no need to get it up este get up for me. :lol: 

Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :lol: :lol: :lol:  I wonder what Mrs. Bods would prefer, wino or women problems? :lol:

Hahahahahaha oh my, you men are just toooooo hot to handle alone!  I just hope you don't flirt with each other or else my heart would truly break! :rolleyes: 

the only flirting I know is when I coax out the mystery hidden inside the bouquet, appearance and mouth-feel of the wine I'm having ....but I'm shameless in the sense that I also allow my mouth to do battle even with cheap wines :P

If you do chance upon a Jim Barry, go for the Mcrae Wood - it's really supposed to be enchanting, without the hefty price tag of the The Armagh...

we will be honored to have you in the WEB, ms. Lips :P Rest assured we will leave our rep*tations out the door.

I assure you it's Indian wine for masi if he flirts with me :lol:

bod and i are too hot to handle.... NAH! B)  we're just  :cool:

right, partner?!

naku!

dinamay mo pa 'ko :lol:

the only thing I'll make sure not to get broken is the wine glass I'll be holding :P

I know ms. Lips can take care of her heart :)

:lol: You three are a riot!  :lol: I'm the shy, restrained and retiring type myself......... :blush:  I really got to get to meet you all in person! Unfortunately, my July trip keep getting moved back. It's now the last week in July, and with a reunion in Las Vegas coming up in August I can't even begin to consider a side trip to Manila. But - November is still a possibility!

So - today is Thursday and our regular WEB and photographer's forum. I'm bringing 2 bottles this time - one of the new Retzlaff New Vines cabs I just picked up, and a 1997 Neibaum-Coppola Cask cab. Never had the Cask before, although I really, really like the N-C Rubicon which is a cab/merlot/cab franc blend. The 97 was very, very tasty. So I have high hopes for this bottle.

so tell us how it went, pare :P

The Rubicon........The Armagh........The Grange.....Henschke Hill of Grace.......Brokenwood......Deadman's Arm :lol: ......Stag's Leap.....Bear Crossing.....Fox Run......Xanadu.....Starvedog......Madfish.........

The wine world is just so full of these wonderful names, not just wonderful wines we have here....

:lol: You three are a riot!  :lol: I'm the shy, restrained and retiring type myself......... :blush:  I really got to get to meet you all in person! Unfortunately, my July trip keep getting moved back. It's now the last week in July, and with a reunion in Las Vegas coming up in August I can't even begin to consider a side trip to Manila. But - November is still a possibility!

Have a good one and tell us how it went!! 1997 - you are drinking truly full and mature wines.

We'll be looking forward to your visit in November and get you to join in the riot!

Mr. Agx03! I was shy and restrained too till I wandered into this thread and made the lovely acquaintance of Bods and Masi. :rolleyes:

hahahaha!

baka may maniwala, pare :lol:

Maraming naniniwala pare, kaya and daming sumusunod sa inyo kung saan man kayo nag po-post. :P

the only flirting I know is when I coax out the mystery hidden inside the bouquet, appearance and mouth-feel of the wine I'm having ....but I'm shameless in the sense that I also allow my mouth to do battle even with cheap wines :P

If you do chance upon a Jim Barry, go for the Mcrae Wood - it's really supposed to be enchanting, without the hefty price tag of the The Armagh...

we will be honored to have you in the WEB, ms. Lips :P Rest assured we will leave our rep*tations out the door.

I assure you it's Indian wine for masi if he flirts with me :lol:

Haha might that battling of cheap wines be reflective too about women? :P

I definitely am looking for the McRae Wood, the review I read just left me with an incredible yearning for it. The Clare sounds equally mouth-watering.

Haha for as long as I don't have to have indian or chinese wine Bods, it's all good! :lol: Tama kay Masi mo na lang painumin! Harharhar.

naku!

dinamay mo pa 'ko :lol:

the only thing I'll make sure not to get broken is the wine glass I'll be holding :P

I know ms. Lips can take care of her heart :)

Alas another rejection! How many times does a dame need to get rejected to finally give up? :cry: I have no heart to care for anymore.

AWARD!!!!! Hahahahahaha.

Top of the morning Winos!

Mr. Agx03!  I was shy and restrained too till I wandered into this thread and made the lovely acquaintance of Bods and Masi. :rolleyes:

Maraming naniniwala pare, kaya and daming sumusunod sa inyo kung saan man kayo nag po-post. :P

B) hold your horses lipstick... you were restrained and shy???? yeah :wacko: right just!!! like the pope's name is mohammad!!!! :upside:

sinung sinusundan? I am always amused to when a girls says "pare"!!!

before bods finally declares me OT, it's friday .... what will you guys and gal, be popping tonight? (i meant a cork)

B) hold your horses lipstick... you were restrained and shy???? yeah  :wacko: right just!!! like the pope's name is mohammad!!!! :upside:

sinung sinusundan?  I am always amused to when a girls says "pare"!!!

before bods finally declares me OT,  it's friday .... what will you guys and gal, be popping tonight?  (i meant a cork)

Isn't the pope's name Mo? :unsure:

IKAW ... yes you ... you and BODS! Sinusundan ng mga bebots! Wahehehehehehe I so hate that term! Along with KELOTS. Nyarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Well I have been trying to be on my best language behavior here as I don't want to offend anyone's fine sensibilities but hahaha I cuss a lot, say "pare" a lot and like women a lot too! But I promise.... I'm all woman :hypocritesmiley:

Popping a nice cherry tonight here pare .... ay sherry pala hindi cherry. :lol: But then I might meet a Cherry. So it's all good! Seriously, If I can't pick up a bottle of Ravenswood or Yalumba or a nice deep red. Failing that, I'll be with my best buddy Jack!

Cheers!

Isn't the pope's name Mo? :unsure:

IKAW ... yes you ... you and BODS!  Sinusundan ng mga bebots! Wahehehehehehe I so hate that term!  Along with KELOTS. Nyarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!  Well I have been trying to be on my best language behavior here as I don't want to offend anyone's fine sensibilities but hahaha I cuss a lot, say "pare" a lot  and like women a lot too! But I promise.... I'm all woman  :hypocritesmiley:

Popping a nice cherry tonight here pare .... ay sherry pala hindi cherry. :lol:  But then I might meet a Cherry. So it's all good!  Seriously, If I can't pick up a bottle of Ravenswood or Yalumba or a nice deep red.  Failing that, I'll be with my best buddy Jack!

Cheers!

:lol: you really had to say it!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Mo, ha!!!!

Bods, sinusundan daw tayo? Welll last time i looked around, i just saw my shadow!!!!

Ravenswood and Yalumba, if my memory serves me well, Wine Depot carry those labels. If your best buddy goes by the name Johnny, I might take you up on it, but, Jack? Bods, care for an impromptu eb to cap the week?!!!

Have a good one and tell us how it went!!  1997 - you are drinking truly full and mature wines.

We'll be looking forward to your visit in November and get you to join in the riot!

sayang nga, pare, we were supposed to meet him - when was that, February when he was here?

It was all my fault then for having botched up that EB. Since then, you know, I have taken to the bottle to address my misery :(

now where is lana? whatever happened to her?