Traveling As A Passion

Guest YUM YUM

^

kung bata ka pa in your 20's and still single, i'd advice that you continue to travel on your own and experience the world before you get hitched. because by then, traveling wouldn't be that easy, having to plan and spend for say, 4 instead of 1.

having said that, traveling alone has its merits. you don't have anyone to worry about. you can stay in a simple, backpackers inn to save on accommodation, and meet new friends in the process. there is no need to stick to an itinerary and you can just plan your day on a whim if you want.

habang nagsisimula ka, okay na yung malibot mo ang asia. don't forget that our very own country has a lot to offer. with time and more financial freedom, you can probably plot trips that will take you further.

• Like (+1) 1

if on a budget either go backpacking or hook up with a packaged tour or join a choir or cultural group :) its true that philippine choirs have a reputation for traveling a lot. You don't really need to know how to sing well. You just need to have money to travel :) You might have to fork out your own money but it will still be cheaper than going at it alone. its drawbacks will probably be there will be a set schedule but its positives outweigh the negatives.

^

kung bata ka pa in your 20's and still single, i'd advice that you continue to travel on your own and experience the world before you get hitched. because by then, traveling wouldn't be that easy, having to plan and spend for say, 4 instead of 1.

having said that, traveling alone has its merits. you don't have anyone to worry about. you can stay in a simple, backpackers inn to save on accommodation, and meet new friends in the process. there is no need to stick to an itinerary and you can just plan your day on a whim if you want.

habang nagsisimula ka, okay na yung malibot mo ang asia. don't forget that our very own country has a lot to offer. with time and more financial freedom, you can probably plot trips that will take you further.

thanks for the advise master galing talaga ng mga words of wisdom mo po hehehe well true indeed the first time i travelled alone eh ive met two guys from fiji well cool sila the fact na nilibre nila ko hehe eh since it was my second time sa lugar na yon eh pinuntahan na lang namin yung mga napuntahan ko before. ang sarap talagang mag travel alone well yep totoo na dito sa aten ay talagang napakaganda rin kaya lang iba ang tingin ng mga tao sayo pag mag isa kang nag travel hehe ako nga eh sa mall mag isa lagi eh pag may nakakasalubong ako eh tatanungin nila ako kung sino kasama ko sgot ko naman eh ako lang mag isa bakita parang iba ung reaksyon nila yung tipong napaka loner naman nito ahihihi well yun lang naman ang napansin ko. looking forward mga next 3 mos eh sa macau naman whew sana matuloy...

• 2 months later...

You'll probably feel at home in Accra - they have a lot of Philipinos there and a number of pinoy t.v. shows

Capetown: Is the place to be, youwill have a fabulous time there. The beach and party scenes are a must to visit. I too am going to Africa over the Xmas holiday - Kenya, S.A., Botswana, and Zimbabwe.

Let me know if you need more info on S.A. and Ghana

Let's go green travel. Start small, I did my part. Last June I brought 4 of the smaller pamangkins to luneta park. I taught them if you disturb nature fix it. I was surprised by the lithlist one, she picked up trash and put it on the bin, woww. I did not teach her, she just emulated what i did.

brushing up on my latin knowledge, after I got my luggage, I went straight to the taxi stand, not to the hawkers and peddlers for other transport. So I went straight to the point with my cab driver, I said in my broken spanish, me pago la mujer bonita de la noche, ... think he understood it, because he called his cellphone. Then the driver asked me if I have what kind money, I said dolyar americano. He said ok. excused himself and then said to me that He will wait downstairs at the hotel after I check in and he will introduce to me a young lady if I go with him some place. I followed him. got introduced to this flawless flamingo, th right curves, the angelic face and a body to die for...like our artistas, she looked very very beautiful. I had the most wonderful 3 days in buenos aires. By the way she was not argentinian.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a sojourn in La Union and Vigan... I am happy to enjoy the food side of traveling, and it was a great experience hopping into 6 towns + 1 city in La Union in one day just to visit the churches. I am deeply praying my husby can travel later this month despite UK government issuing a travel advisory not to travel here in the Philippines, so we can go to Galera, Baguio, and Iloilo.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Australia has a lot to offer. Those who like beaches can visit the Great Barrier Reef off Cairns, Queensland and the Gold Coast, also in Queensland.

Mountain lovers can visit the Snowy and Blue Mountains of New South Wales. Sydney and Melbourne are beautiful cities. You're better off just googling these cities because there's just way too much things to do in those places.

Oh if you happen to be in Melbourne, take the 2 hour trip to Ballarat/Sovreign Hill where you can visit an American type western town you see in movies. Complete with stage coaches 19th century buildings, a saloon, gold panning activities. Highly recommended.

If you visit New Zealand, and you're in the South Island, make sure to go to Queenstown, the extreme sports capital of New Zealand. You can ride the jet boat, para sail, zip line, etc. On the way to Queenstown you may pass through and see Mount Cook, the highest mountain in New Zealand. I believe its peak is covered in snow all year round because of its very high altitude.

Also make sure to visit Milford Sound where you'll literally see hundreds if not thousands of waterfalls running off steep cliffs. Magnificent view you'll definitely never forget for as long as you live.

Best to rent a car but if you're afraid to drive on the other side of the street, you may join a tour group.

Edited by Bugatti Veyron