Traveling As A Passion

Guest YUM YUM

• 4 weeks later...

TRAVELING AS A PASSION ... as in "passion and death of Christ?" That's what it is if you end up getting more stressed than before you took the trip. Traveling as a passion in the real sense of the word should be pleasurable, therapeutic, relaxing, energizing, exciting. Never mind the physical stress of having to scale a rock face or paddling through Class III whitewater rapids and the like, it's the kind of stress that leaves you feeling a natural high, a sense of conquest that fires the spirit. For me, any leisure trip should be planned and calibrated to be taken at a leisurely pace, devoid of complications and hassles .... including difficult travel companions.

• 2 months later...

as part of my beachineering activities, i get to travel to different places. i specially like it here in the philippines, particularly the visayas and mindanao where beaches are still clean and the sand is white. i like to go to secluded and remote beaches where there are no crowd. i don't go to over rated beach places anymore, they're almost the same as not leaving the big city at all.

in mindanao, i travel to these places where so called muslim rebels thrive. however, i don't feel threaten at all by these people. the only difference we have is that they have their guns with them. if i brought mine along or they drop theirs, we would be standing on even grounds. i could even have advantages in hand to hand combat. well, i didn't travel for a fight, anyway. it's the beaches that i'm after.

try the white sands of jolo, and the powdery soft sand of saranggani province. this country is such a fantastic place for beach lovers. you don't have to be a tourist in your own country, the beaches here rivals the best in the world. the philippines might already have the best beach in the world, you just doesn't know it! traveling is just half the journey, the other half is the destination. and i enjoy both!

I have seen the beaches in Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and even in Maui. And I will have to agree that the Philippines has one of the best beaches in the world. Our dive sites also rank among the best dive sites in the world.

The only thing is, we have not fully realized what we have. We have not taken steps in preserving them, making them better places to stay and be enjoyed. If you go to Dumaguete or Bohol, you will find most of the dive shops owned and operated by Europeans. Most of the small beach and dive resorts are also filled with at least 80% foreigners.

So if you have a passion for travel like we do, try our local destinations as well. B)

I travel a lot overseas on business, almost every month. But if I want to take a short breather, I go local.

i love travelling.......... whether for business or pleasure.. i make it a point i learn from every experience and just enjoy everything.... no more complaints 'coz it's a waste of time and energy :-)

i'm looking forward to another overseas trip again!!! real soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Half of the time, I travel because of work. The better half, because I want to splurge and enjoy.

From experience, the best places to go to are those that have very different cultures from ours. Never mind if they don't speak English. That's part of the adventure. I was told that backpacking was sheer enjoyment so I tried it but after winging it and almost ending up sleeping on a park bench in San Francisco, I decided that it's better to go with a planned itinerary.

Must go to places are those that are not gone to ordinarily. Lebanon. Greece. Egypt. Norway. Holland. Moscow

Of course, the popular spots must be visited as well. China, Japan, US, Italy, UK, Germany, Australia, NZ.

My dream country is still Israel. I will have to find time to do my own pilgrimage.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest lustfortravel

although i know travelling can be stressful in itself, i try to make sure everything important to make my journey easier is in place ( accommodation, ticket, transfers) then i make a flexible itinerary on what to do once i'm there.

from experience, i know how difficult it is to stick to a rigid schedule on daily activities and we always end up stressing ourselves out getting things done based on our schedule.

if plan A isn't feasible, then i go to plan B or C. my schedules are never written in blood. and if none of my plans are feasible, heck i just throw the list and go with the flow. i never sweat the small stuff. :lol:

Edited by lustfortravel

Travelling for business is fun but it entails greater expectation when you get back at the office

Travel/s at company's expense is an investment :D so make the most out it :lol:

Boracay still stands out from the beaches ive been: Sanya (China), Langkawi (Malaysia) & Phuket (Thailand)

As for my own..i love road trips (either by public transpo or private vehicle) around Luzon

Tried cruising (via ship) twice...(dapat madami kayo o may SO para di ka mabore) to Palawan & Bacolod

For local destinations via plane...Davao & Bora for me are the best :D

Edited by orionpax
  • 6 months later...

with the whole family (kids, helpers) at least twice a year local but very out-of-town.

with the wifey alone, at least quarterly local and once (yearly) abroad.

we both are international travellers, part of our work. :thumbsupsmiley:

She's mainly travelling Asia Pacific, I'm on my US/UK tour. toured APAC long time ago.

• 3 weeks later...
not a passion but part of my work. im an international messenger. napupuno ko lang naman ang 16 pages na passport in a year. now i have a 32 pages passport 9 mos palang 3/4 filled na.

hey thats quite interesting how's you do that? meron pa lang internatioanl messenger? could u elaborate that heheheh curious lang

• 9 months later...
not a passion but part of my work. im an international messenger. napupuno ko lang naman ang 16 pages na passport in a year. now i have a 32 pages passport 9 mos palang 3/4 filled na.

paano ba maging international messenger?hehe i will leave my high paying but stressfull job anytime to be an "international messenger".

pareng blade sabit ako sa maleta mo ha :upside:

ah, travel. if i only had enough resources ang sarap sana. in my line of work i've been lucky to have travelled all over the Philippines for free (although madami pa ko gusto puntahan), and to several countries including the exotic ones like India, Cuba and Jamaica, all expenses-paid (well, almost). i'd like to travel as a tourist more often but there are some constraints.

what's really good about traveling is that you get to taste the food with ingredients indigenous to the area you've visited. the scent of spices and aroma of a different culture could be tasted through its food. enough of those mcdonalds, wendys, kfcs...bring in those culinary cuisines of the world!