Back To The 70's

Thank you very much for all your support and encouragement. Na-touch talaga ako. I'm at a lost with words.

70s peeps who came to the show:

Augustmoon

Blackmamba

Bonjing

JT

Liberty

Masi

Pinoy

The show runs until the 30th of October. Magandang EB yata yung last day ng show.

Storm:

Congratulations on your show. From the descriptions of the others, it certainly made me feel I really did miss a lot.

Guys:

Hmmm... Seems there will be another Rocky movie. Sylvester Stallone just can;t get enough of this wonderful character that he created.

I loved Rocky-the first one. Admittedly, while all the others (specially the Rocky V) went downhill in story lines, I still watched the movies because of the character of the lead.

Still a memorable music theme ....

CHeers!

Edited by 16track
Hmmm... Seems there will be another Rocky movie. Sylvester Stallone just can;t get enough of this wonderful character that he created.

The basic theme of Rocky I was about going the distance...something that applies to just about everyone. That made it beautiful. The films that followed were about being a champion; the very complexion of the character and the storylines changed. The series reached its lowest point with that utterly ugly Rocky 4.

The 70's people are hybernating on this rainy Sunday afternoon!

How about "The Avengers"? My favorite episode was when they had cyborgs as enemies.

Other favorites were 'Twilight Zone', 'Outer Limits', 'Lost in Space' (never fear, Smith is here...), 'The Time Tunnel' and 'Land of the Giants'.

Back to the 70's :

How about the 'Night Stalker' back in '75? Reporter Karl Colchak on the prowl.

Then there were Channel 13's 'The Rockford Files' and 'Barretta'...Channel 9's Hawaii-Five-O ("Book 'em Dano!), KOJAK.....Ch 7's Starsky & Hutch....and the original Mission : Impossible.

I can't forget The Avengers because of Diana Riggs - I used to watch the show just to see Diana Riggs :P

pareng slide, I see you now have Peter Sellers on your avvy - great actor - great film - great director!

Thank you very much for all your support and encouragement. Na-touch talaga ako. I'm at a lost with words.

70s peeps who came to the show:

Augustmoon

Blackmamba

Bonjing

JT

Liberty

Masi

Pinoy

The show runs until the 30th of October. Magandang EB yata yung last day ng show.

looks like I missed out on a great opening night!

congratulations pareng storm on your successful show - I will be there before the 30th...

EB on the 30th? halloween na yun :P

I can't forget The Avengers because of Diana Riggs - I used to watch the show just to see Diana Riggs :P

Diana Rigg enjoys another distinction. Among the Bond girls, she remains the only one who played James Bond's wife. This was in "In Her Majesty's Secret Service" which had George Lazenby as Bond.

Edited by jt2003
Storm:

Congratulations on your show. From the descriptions of the others, it certainly made me feel I really did miss a lot.

CHeers!

looks like I missed out on a great opening night!

congratulations pareng storm on your successful show - I will be there before the 30th...

EB on the 30th? halloween na yun :P

EB tayo sa Gallery either on the 28th or 29th. :cool:

Diana Rigg enjoys another distinction.  Among the Bond girls, she remains the only one who played James Bond's wife.  This was in "In Her Majesty's Secret Service" which had George Lazenby as Bond.

Same here mga pare. Twice kong pinanood noon yung On Her Majesty's Secret Service because of her. :blush: :P

I loved Rocky-the first one. Admittedly, while all the others (specially the Rocky V) went downhill in story lines, I still watched the movies because of the character of the lead.

It won't be called 'Rocky VI', but simply 'Rocky Balboa'. It will be a radical departure from the previous 5 movies and rather focus on the Rocky character. I don't know about you guys, but after watching 5 Rocky movies I think I know him very well by now ;-)

I think Sly is just capitalizing on the success of his 'The Contender' reality show.

If you loved the boxing scenes of 'Rocky', don't miss Ron Howard's 'Cinderella Man'. Highly recommended.

Master Storm, I just can't manage to find the time to visit the exhibit, but I erally do want to go. Either this week or next. See you there pare...cheers.

Same here mga pare. Twice kong pinanood noon yung On Her Majesty's Secret Service because of her. :blush:  :P

There was this scene in the film where Bond had just escaped from his pursuers in a skiing chase. He sat on a bench in a skating rink, not knowing what to do. Then Diana Rigg came along, in ice skates, and said, "James?" She looked incredibly beautiful.

Telly Savalas (Kojak) played Blofeld in that film. The ending, unlike all other Bond films, was heartbreaking.

Speaking of Telly Savalas, do you folks remember how, back in the 70s, we often referred to bald people as Kojak? Hindi pa "in" ang kalbo noon. Long hair ang uso. Kapag nakakakita nga ng kalbo, may sisigaw ng "Pendong" at babatukan kung sino man ang malapit. Ngayon, "bald is beautiful."

Agreed on the concept Rocky 1. I thought the last one was the lowest point.

Stallone actually based his concept after seeing Muhammad Ali fight Chuck Wepner -- a virtual nobody in boxing. Wepner made it known that he only wanted to go the distance with the champ.

:)

The basic theme of Rocky I was about going the distance...something that applies to just about everyone.  That made it beautiful. The films that followed were about being a champion; the very complexion of the character and the storylines changed.  The series reached its lowest point with that utterly ugly Rocky 4.

Good Morning to ALL :) :)

A copy of this was sent to me thru e-mail.

This is being sent only to those whose level of maturity qualifies them to

relate to it...

1975: Long hair 2005: Longing for hair

1975: KEG 2005: EKG

1975: Acid rock 2005: Acid reflux

1975: Moving to California because it's cool 2005: Moving to Arizona because it's warm

1975: Tryin to look like Marlon Brando or Liz Taylor 2005: Trying NOT to look like MarlonBrando or Liz Taylor

1975: Seeds and stems 2005: Roughage

1975: Hoping for a BMW 2005: Hoping for a BM

1975: Going to a new, hip joint 2005: Receiving a new hip joint

1975: Rolling Stones 2005: Kidney Stones

1975: Being called into the principal's office 2005: Calling the principal's office

1975: Screw the system 2005: Upgrade the system

1975: Disco 2005: Costco

1975: Parents begging you to get your hair cut 2005: Children begging you to get their heads shaved

1975: Passing the drivers' test 2005: Passing the vision test

1975: Whatever 2005: Depends

Just in case you weren't feeling too old today, this will certainly change

things..

The people who have started college this year were born in 1987.

They are too young to remember the first space shuttle blowing up on liftoff.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.

The CD was introduced the year they were born.

They have always had an answering machine.

They have always had cable.

They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

Jay Leno has always been on the Tonight Show.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de

plane, Boss, de plane".

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Do you feel old yet? Pass this on to the other old fogies. Notice

the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading...

ENJOY THE DAY !!! :) :) :)

George Lazenby was immediately replaced soon after OHMSS.

Rumors had it the Broccoli family was not in good terms with the Australian actor all throughout the filming and convinced Sean Connery to come back for Diamonds are Forever--which proved to be his last one -- shown in 1971. He did make a comeback (more or less, in Never Say Never) Roger Moore took over tuxedo right after that.

I can't recall what movie it was but one early scene had Roger Moore dropping by the cemetary to visit the grave of his wife, Teresa Bond. Roger Moore was the contrast of Sean Connery-- who gave 007 the dark edge of character-- Moore, on the other hand, had the more playful lighter side. Timothy Dalton brought back the darkness in the character while Brosnan was very middle of the road.

I started a James Bnd Thread last year but I can't find it now after the topics were re-grouped.

Vodka Martini, anyone? :D

Speaking of Telly Savalas, do you folks remember how, back in the 70s, we often referred to bald people as Kojak?  Hindi pa "in" ang kalbo noon.  Long hair ang uso.  Kapag nakakakita nga ng kalbo, may sisigaw ng "Pendong" at babatukan kung sino man ang malapit.  Ngayon, "bald is beautiful."

Yep, I remember that. The guy who does the pendong has to make a peace sign so the pendong doesn't come back to him. And anybody else who makes a peace sign is safe. Those were the rules. Don't ask me why or how it all started. Back in those days, we just played along on a lot of crazy stuff without asking why or why not.

BTW, aside from kojak, bald people were also referred to as bokal.

Useless facts: The longest my hair ever got was shoulder lenght at the back and an inch below my earlobes on the sides. My mom really hated my hair and would constantly nag me to get a haircut! :boo: Sometime in the mid-80s, I looked back on my late GS, early HS pics with long hair and thought they were too embarassing. Sinunog ko lahat. :blink:

Good Morning to ALL  :)  :)

They never heard: "Where's the Beef?", "I'd walk a mile for a Camel", or "de

plane, Boss, de plane".

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even is.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

ENJOY THE DAY !!!    :)  :)  :)

I guess they wont understand most of the anecdotes in Forrest Gump!

I can't recall what movie it was but one early scene had Roger Moore dropping by the cemetary to visit the grave of his wife, Teresa Bond.  Roger Moore was the contrast of Sean Connery-- who gave 007 the dark edge of character-- Moore, on the other hand, had the more playful lighter side. Timothy Dalton brought back the darkness in the character while Brosnan was very middle of the road.

I can't quite remember that cemetery scene. I do remember a reference to Bond's wife in "The Spy who Loved Me," in a conversation between Bond, played by Roger Moore, and the female Russian agent played by Barbara Bach. They were in an Egyptian bar, sort of feeling each other out. When Bach mentioned Bond's wife, Bond became rather grim. "Oh, you're sensitive," said Bach's character. Bond replied, "About certain things, yes."

Edited by jt2003

THis means I have to check out the Roger Moore bond movies... heheh. It will be a good excuse for me to do that on the coming holidays. Anyway, it was the only scene that showed Bond visiting his wife's grave. The scene showed a Gravestone with the name "TERESA BOND".

If I am not msitaken, the movie was "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" and this was probably in the opening scene. After visiting the grave yard, Bond steps inside a helicopter which turned out to be sabotaged by Blofeld --who I remember was confined in a (was it a? ) wheelchair and was manipulating the chopper controls by remote. Bond disables the remote then proceeds to hook Blofeld from the chopper's landing rods and then drops him in mid-air to the insides of a tall industrial brick chimney. Sorry for errors in description as I'm doing this from memory... =) but that was the scene.

OHMSS had Bond falling deeply in love with Teresa-- so much that he married her-- despite her father's background. That Ernst Stavro Blofeld was directly involved in her death made him hate SPECTRE all the more. Remeber his last lines as he held his dying wife?

"We have all the time in the world...."

:D

I can't quite remember that cemetery scene.  I do remember a reference to Bond's wife in "The Spy who Loved Me," in a conversation between Bond, played by Roger Moore, and the female Russian agent played by Barbara Bach.  They were in an Egyptian bar, sort of feeling each other out.  When Bach mentioned Bond's wife, Bond became rather grim.  "Oh, you're sensitive," said Bach's character.  Bond replied, "About certain things, yes."

Edited by 16track
If I am not msitaken, the movie was "FOR YOUR EYES ONLY" and this was probably in the opening scene. After visiting the grave yard, Bond steps inside a helicopter which turned out to be sabotaged by Blofeld --who I remember was confined in a (was it a? ) wheelchair and was manipulating the chopper controls by remote.  Bond disables the remote then proceeds to hook Blofeld from the chopper's landing rods and then drops him in mid-air to the insides of a tall industrial  brick chimney. Sorry for errors in description as I'm doing this from memory... =)  but that was the scene.

There's still a copy of "For Your Eyes Only" in my late father's house, except that it's in Betamax format. That film also featured Lynn Holly Johnson (I think that's her name), who starred with Robbie Benson in that tear-jerker "Ice Castles," with the theme song sung by Melissa Manchester.

Still on Bond (shaken, not stirred)...

My father had a collection of most of Ian Fleming's Bond novels. OHMSS seemed to be the thickest of them. I never actually got to read it (yet) but perhaps because it featured Bond marrying (and marrying the daughter of a gangster at that), it probably had the most emotional power among the novels. I think the film version is also the longest among the Bond flicks.

I was able to read "The Man with the Golden Gun" before it was released as a film with Roger Moore, Cristopher Lee (Dracula), Maude Adams, Brit Ekland and Mr. "De plane, de plane." The novel was really gory, nothing at all like the film. At one point in the novel, in his outdoor duel with Bond, Scaramanga killed a snake and ate it raw.

Edited by jt2003

The Bond franchise was definitely a part of the 60's, the 70's just as it is today.

When Connery agreed to come back as Bond in 1971 in Diamonds are Forever, he was paid an astonishng US$1.2 million dollars which was the highest for any actor in that era. Everyone was then even more astonished as Sean Connery gave evry cent to Charity-- in Scotland, I believe.

After Bond, I remember watching Sean Connery in the movie ZARDOZ.

Sometime in late 1978 or 1979, Connery visited the Philippines as a guest of themn President Marcos who played golf with him in Perto Azul and Manila Golf. Sean Connery developed a real love for the game after being introduced to it in GoldFinger.

:D

Still on Bond (shaken, not stirred)...

My father had a collection of most of Ian Fleming's Bond novels. OHMSS seemed to be the thickest of them.  I never actually got to read it (yet) but perhaps because it featured Bond marrying (and marrying the daughter of a gangster at that), it probably had the most emotional power among the novels.  I think the film version is also the longest among the Bond flicks.

I was able to read "The Man with the Golden Gun" before it was released as a film with Roger Moore, Cristopher Lee (Dracula), Maude Adams, Brit Ekland and Mr. "De plane, de plane."  The novel was really gory, nothing at all like the film.  At one point in the novel, in his outdoor duel with Bond, Scaramanga killed a snake and ate it raw.

Good Morning to ALL  :)  :)

A copy of this was sent to me thru e-mail.

This is being sent only to those whose level of maturity qualifies them to

relate to it...

1975: Long hair    2005: Longing for hair

1975: KEG  2005: EKG

1975: Acid rock  2005: Acid reflux

Do you feel old yet? Pass this on to the other old fogies. Notice

the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading...

ENJOY THE DAY !!!    :)  :)  :)

My Top 10 personal signs of growing old:

1) I do the hiring in the company I work in. I actually read a resume of an applicant whose father is as old as I am.

2) I never knew the day would come. An applicant is literally half my age.

3) When going out, my college buddies would still ogle some cute girls, and I'd say, "pare ang babata naman nyan"!

4) I can only stay an hour in a noisy bar.

5) It's rise and shine for me at 5:50AM. It's Sunday.

6) I nag my son about doing well in school because it's "for his own good".

7) I drive a sedate 70kph on a traffic free hiway.

8) I listen to Deo Macalma and DZRH on the AM radio every morning drive to work.

9) I actually worry about work I'm not attending to when on vacation.

10) I can't stand hip-hop music.

Good Morning to ALL :)

Hi SLIDE...MIA (missing-In-Action) ka dito for some day ah? ::blink: What have you been up to ? Don't work too hard. It aint worth it :D :D :D

Guys....I doff my hats to you..lahat ng info about Godfather, then JBond alam niyo :thumbsupsmiley:

Ny favorite movie in the 70's waS TOWERING INFERNO any info you can share about this? and also EXORCIST ?

My Top 10 personal signs of growing old:

1) I do the hiring in the company I work in. I actually read a resume of an applicant whose father is as old as I am.

2) I never knew the day would come. An applicant is literally half my age.

3) When going out, my college buddies would still ogle some cute girls, and I'd say, "pare ang babata naman nyan"!

4) I can only stay an hour in a noisy bar.

5) It's rise and shine for me at 5:50AM. It's Sunday.

6) I nag my son about doing well in school because it's "for his own good".

7) I drive a sedate 70kph on a traffic free hiway.

8) I listen to Deo Macalma and DZRH on the AM radio every morning drive to work.

9) I actually worry about work I'm not attending to when on vacation.

10) I can't stand hip-hop music.

I only got 3 out of 10. What does it mean? :rolleyes: