Back To The 70's

Bago nauso si Voltes V at Mazinger Z pinakasikat na robot animation si Gigantor!!!!

As a kid then, you should know the lyrics of the theme song!!!

pwede po bang makisali. Kumusta po kayong lahat. I remember Gigantor sir masi pag lumalabas na sya sa bukana ng bulkan. Anybody remember Alakazam?

for basketball fans

1979-Legendary former NBA greats Larry Bird and Earvin"Magic" Johnson were NBA Rookies(Bird was the eventual Rookie of the year).

sa PBA naman the late Arnie Tuadles was the rookie of the year and member of the Mythical 5.

Thanks to Ms. Augustmoon for inviting me to this thread.

pasingit lang po....

i remember in the late 70's uso pa disco...donna summer, village people, apo hiking society...afternoon disco...i remember going sa may recto near UE...

sikat na TV set noon nivico na 12" black and white with rotary switch for changing channels...alala ko pa sinasabi sa akin when changing channels na clockwise lang direction para di masira....and ang TV set noon big size parang mesa ang laki with matching doors....faded glory jeans na cordoruy

and i remember my baon sa school ay P1.00 good for 1 coke and 1 sandwich may sukli pa...

pasingit lang po....

i remember in the late 70's uso pa disco...donna summer, village people, apo hiking society...afternoon disco...i remember going sa may recto near UE...

sikat na TV set noon nivico na 12" black and white with rotary switch for changing channels...alala ko pa sinasabi sa akin when changing channels na clockwise lang direction para di masira....and ang TV set noon big size parang mesa ang laki with matching doors....faded glory jeans na cordoruy

and i remember my baon sa school ay P1.00 good for 1 coke and 1 sandwich may sukli pa...

Hi Gungeek!! :) Sabi ko na nga ba sa 70's THREAD ka..pinipilit pa kasi sa 80's THREAD. I can actually picture you dancing to YMCA than doing the punk to the tune of ROCK LOBSTER :P :P

Good Morning to ALL

Hi Gungeek!!  :)  Sabi ko na nga ba sa 70's THREAD ka..pinipilit pa kasi sa 80's THREAD.  I can actually picture you dancing to YMCA than doing the punk to the tune of ROCK LOBSTER :P  :P

Good Morning to ALL

hi augustmoon...hehehe late 70s (HS) and early 80s (college) kc ako....di ko alam saan talaga.... :) ... nope, torpe ako (puro kaliwang paa) when in comes to dancing....puro sweet dance land alam ko....the music noon was "el bimbo" and "stars on 45". pero favorite ko iyan YMCA and rock lobster uso rin ang "denman" hair brush

I remember in HS i used to wear "robertsons" rubber shoes kc its the cheapest Php25 lang

I remember the Nivico, heheh.

However, we had an old Zenith which was shaped more like a furniture cabinet than a TV. The streeo / record player was an old RCA that turned into a suitcase type when not in use. The Tape recorder was a Philips portable one although we still had the old style Reel tapes. The tape player even had a Microphone with cable for use when recording anything. These days, wala ng mics.

:D

pasingit lang po....

Edited by 16track

I don't know if anybody can remember but during those times naglipana yung mga Ananda Marga buddhist types - I recall seeing a lot of these orange-robed and sandal-clad people going around - and bald at that. Bakit kaya nawala na ngayon. Also during that time nauso yung mga Transcendental Meditation thingies also nagpunta pa dito yung mga foreigners who were advocating this Unified Field Theory or something. Also I used to get mystified when I saw all these stickers everywhere with the words I FOUND IT....

I don't know if anybody can remember but during those times naglipana yung mga Ananda Marga buddhist types - I recall seeing a lot of these orange-robed and sandal-clad people going around - and bald at that. Bakit kaya nawala na ngayon. Also during that time nauso yung mga Transcendental Meditation thingies also nagpunta pa dito yung mga foreigners who were advocating this Unified Field Theory or something. Also I used to get mystified when I saw all these stickers everywhere with the words I FOUND IT....

Oo, nga, what was the "I found it!" all about? Ang alam ko yung "it" na sticker sa mga kotse! :)

I don't think Ananda Marga is Buddhist. In their website, there's no mention of Buddha, which would be basic to Buddhists. I think it's Hindu (someone correct me here, please). My eldest brother belongs to a Hindu sect, even if he was born in New York and grew up in Quezon City (and graduated from UP). Sometimes it seems that Hindus have more divisions (aka sects) than Christians.

The Ananda Marga really became known to Filipinos during the Karpov-Korchnoi chess championship showdown in Baguio. TM, on the other hand, was made famous by the Beatles. The downside of TM was that you had to consult a guru to get your own personal mantra. As for that Unified Field theory, well....

And I do remember those orange-robed bald fellows. I still see some of them from time to time. I believe they're Hari Krishna, but I could be wrong. In any case, they look so happy.

And I do remember those orange-robed bald fellows.  I still see some of them from time to time.  I believe they're Hari Krishna, but I could be wrong.  In any case, they look so happy.

Good thing I don't wear an orange robe! :boo: :lol: Well, I guess happiness is a state of mind and being. Rise against all adversities. Live and enjoy life in the service and glory of a Higher Being or State, some call God, others Allah, Nirvana, etc.