Back To The 70's

I'm not sure about it being on of the 'hard-hitting' papers.

Yung natira kasing tatlo, Manila Bulletin,Times Journal,and the

Daily Express were only allowed to operate under the

watchful eyes of the Marcos boys. Siguro minsan

binibigyan ng leeway para di naman masyadong

matatakan.

Oo nga pala, it was the marcos era that time. I guess they had more leeway than the others.

I suddenly remembered the gas rationing nung araw. When you were given this booklet tapos when you lined up for gas, pipilasin mo yung booklet stating how much gusto mong pakarga. My dad used to keep watch over the usage of the booklet nun.

I also remembered those days when he would say "tara! swimming tayo!". then we would all hop on to the jeep, dog included and drive to roxas blvd. park sa tabi, tapos ligo na! ngayon, just looking at the waters dun sa coastal road, water's black!

Oo nga pala, it was the marcos era that time.  I guess they had more leeway than the others.

I suddenly remembered the gas rationing nung araw.  When you were given this booklet tapos when you lined up for gas, pipilasin mo yung booklet stating how much gusto mong pakarga.  My dad used to keep watch over the usage of the booklet nun.

I also remembered those days when he would say "tara! swimming tayo!". then we would all hop on to the jeep, dog included and drive to roxas blvd. park sa tabi, tapos ligo na! ngayon, just looking at the waters dun sa coastal road, water's black!

Yup, rationing tickets, if i remember right, were in

denominations of 5,10,20, and 30.

Di naman namin maubos, kasi parang 500 liters/mo

ang allocation.

the macky media boys also hired d legendary Larry Alcala to create a cartoon for the save gas movement. Larry may not be enamored to the macky boys but he was enamored by the EnerCon movement. thus "Asyong Aksaya" a well meaning chap (he gives gifts and rides to friends) with the penchant for wasting gas, electricity, u name it. The cartoon became so popular that a movie (with To-chiqui) was made with the characters.

Hoy ano ka ba, Asyong Aksaya?

Iyong sinasayang kuryente't gasolina

Kapang ang ito'y nawala, sino ang kawawa?

Ika'y maglalakad, sa dilim nangangapa?

Waldas talaga si Aksyong Aksaya

Paikot-ikot lang, walang pupuntahan

Gasolina'y sinasayang ni Asyong Aksaya!

I remember those!

The first one I had was the Fire Department scene which had Firemen in all sorts of emergency poses.

The dog fight issue was also vefry nice!

Now a days, the kids have plain stickers which is almost the same concept but not as fun to do.

I remember the Gas Rationing well. My father drove a huge Camaro and and 1970 Benz. Both cars were guzzlers so we slowly went to using a Datsun and Toyota for the first time.

:)

Nagbebenta ba kayo dati nung 'action transfers?'

I remember madalas ako bumili nun sa mga gas station.

iba-iba pa ang theme. may wwII dogfight, mga knights, etc.

The other day, nagpameryenda yung isang officemate ko. Monay and Coke. I suddenly remembered the NUTRIBUN. They don't make bread as big as that.

There's also this Cabalen resto at glorietta (i think, am not so sure) that displays different coke bottles. I saw the small coke bottle na color green pa yung glass.

I remember those!

The first one I had was the Fire Department scene which had Firemen in all sorts of emergency poses.

The dog fight issue was also vefry nice!

Now a days, the kids have plain stickers which is almost the same concept but not as fun to do.

I remember the Gas Rationing well. My father drove a huge Camaro and and 1970 Benz. Both cars were guzzlers so we slowly went to using a Datsun and Toyota for the first time.

:)

Favorite ko nga yung dogfight. Pero if i remember right,

nagkahalo-halo yata yung Americans, British, Germans, and Japanese

sa scenario. I guess to an 8 yr old di na importante yung accuracy.

That was Ursula Dudziak, pareng Magaling. You should listen to her version of Night in Tunisia. Really nice.

Hello Pareng SBM!

Long time no post a! Narito ka ba sa PInas?

Pare, hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa rin alam kung bakit naging papaya title nung song. Turrrurrrruuut dapat title nun

:D

mas mapabuti pa nga sigurong walang lyrics yung song :lol:

ang hirap maghanap nung kantang yun ngayon sa mga selection ng oldies....

If I remember right, Sammy Davis did not sing "Pure Imagination" in the movie. Gene Wilder actually sang it himself in the portion where the kids first set foot inside the choco wonderland.

Sammy Davis, on the other hand sang the song--"The Candyman".

Nice song too!

"Who can take the sunrise?

Sprinkle it with Dew.

Mix it with chocolate and make a miracle or two.

The candyman, of the candman can!"

CHeers

as a 'movie spolier' (erferferf) the new movie is set after the first one kaya may new characters. but i did love d guy sammy davis jr. for the theme song. really one of the really few 'hoofers' that can really sing.

Meron pa ring malaking monay na nabibili. Meron pa ngang pan de rosa.

Dating nauso noon sa Malabon ay iba't ibang palaman sa monay:

1. Ube or halaya

2. Ice cream

3. Menudo

4. Giniling (ala cubana)

5. Peanut butter

6. Coco jam

7. Cheddar cheese or chiz whiz

8. Condensed milk

9. Quesong puti

10. Leche flan

11. Sausage or hotdog

12. Ham

13. Egg

14. Meat loaf, salami, bologna, etc.

15. Bacon

16. Star margarine

17. Eggo Sandwich spread

18. Tuna spread

19. Liver spread

20. Siempre chicken

21. Longanisa

22. Sardines

23. Guava jelly

If I remember right, Sammy Davis did not sing "Pure Imagination" in the movie. Gene Wilder actually sang it himself in the portion where the kids first set foot inside the choco wonderland.

Sammy Davis, on the other hand sang the song--"The Candyman".

Nice song too!

"Who can take the sunrise?

Sprinkle it with Dew.

Mix it with chocolate and make a miracle or two.

The candyman, of the candman can!"

CHeers

I love that Candyman song!

speaking of Gene Wilder, I wonder why he sort of dropped out of the scene. Could be because of the death of his wife, Gilda Radner, from cancer.

I love his movies back then. Does anybody remember him with his sidekick, the bug-eyed Marty Feldman in that Frankenstein spoof? Or his film with Richard Pryor - Stir Crazy, was it? and Silver StreaK?

speaking of Gene Wilder, I wonder why he sort of dropped out of the scene. Could be because of the death of his wife, Gilda Radner, from cancer.

I love his movies back then. Does anybody remember him with his sidekick, the bug-eyed Marty Feldman in that Frankenstein spoof? Or his film with Richard Pryor - Stir Crazy, was it? and Silver StreaK?

I understand that Gene Wilder is still alive. Like his late spouse, he also suffered from cancer but experienced a "complete recovery" (I don't really know what that means.) From web reports, Gene Wilder has been rather critical of the new movie.

But those guys really made us laugh. Wilder, Pryor, Feldman, Candy, Belushi, etc. Some of the greats who made their name in the 70s are still active, such as Robin Williams (more tilted toward drama now), Steve Martin, and of course, that great humorist Mel Brooks (who now limits himself on-screen to cameos).

I understand that Gene Wilder is still alive.  Like his late spouse, he also suffered from cancer but experienced a "complete recovery" (I don't really know what that means.)  From web reports, Gene Wilder has been rather critical of the new movie.

But those guys really made us laugh.  Wilder, Pryor, Feldman, Candy, Belushi, etc.  Some of the greats who made their name in the 70s are still active, such as Robin Williams (more tilted toward drama now), Steve Martin, and of course, that great humorist Mel Brooks (who now limits himself on-screen to cameos).

Marty Feldman was that forever-sidekick guy. The poor guy died quite early.

Of all those early Saturday Night comics, Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, Chevy Chase, Bill Murray are also still active, although to a lesser extent now.

Favorite movies featuring these guys:

Mel Brooks (directing) - A History of the World; Blazing Saddles

Chevy Chase - National Lampoon's Vacation

Eddie Murphy - King of America; Nutty Professor

Bill Murray - Groundhog Day; although I liked him so much in the drama Lost in Translation

Dan Aykroyd/John Belushi - of course! BLUES BROTHERS!!!

Richard Pryor - Stir Crazy

Mike Myers - the Austin Powers movies; and together with Dana Carvey - Wayne's World

Gene Wilder/Marty Feldman - Young Frankenstein

Steve Martin - The Man with Two Brains

I hope they do reruns of all the 70's SNL shows featuring these guys.

Or is there a DVD available of these shows? Sana maglabas naman...........