Back To The 70's

weng weng is immortalized in a website featuring action heroes of the silver screen. what made them list weng weng is he does his own stunts :)

heck i still try to sport the ol' beatle haircut (moptop) as a tribute to the group. short version nga lang ang sa akin

pareng robbietan...60s ba yang hairstyle mo? ako kasi 70s hairstyle hanggang ngayon :lol:

Pare, hindi ko na sila kilala. Hindi ako ganyan kalalim sa music.

hey pare, wouldn't you know? Napagtripan ko din yung mga dance music noon - don't wanna call it disco :lol: Van McCoy, Teri DeSario, Donna Summer, etc.

I found myself buying just lately this Donna Summer greatest hits - parang ang sarap pakinggan ngayon ng Bad Girls samantalang nuong araw we would not be caught listening to this music :lol: How things turn around, you know...

ok ang mga concorde na plaka...mostly compilations, duets, reissues. i bought the santana album sa isang maliit na shop sa may avenida rizal. can't remember the name, but it is located on a small alley near the carriedo station. si ronald ang nagdala sa akin dito. don't know if it still exists.

nabanggit mo si srv, ever wonder why a guitarist dies every so many years in a plane crash? buddy holly, ricky nelson, skynyrd's guitarist (and the band), srv, john denver...yeh, medyo nagiging commercialized na si metheney, pero iba pa rin ang gitara niya...para bang matubig. just last week, i heard a single from his latest album sa cd warehouse. listened to the rest of the cuts...but ended up buying miles davis' kind of blue and a muddy waters compilation.

SRV was a great loss - I think he was only in his mid-thirties then...also if you will notice nawala na din yung ibang magagaling na guitarists - like Peter Green of the original Fleetwood Mac, Alvin Lee of Ten Years After, Jimmy Page could be still be drugged-out somewhere, Jeff Beck bihira na maglabas ng bago....

Fluid nga ang style ni Pat Metheny - I heard bestseller daw yung bago nya...I've been looking for an LP of KInd of Blue kasi no comparison daw yung CD version dun sa plaka....ang ganda ng tunog nung plaka - Bobby played it dun sa store nya but his selling price was too expensive for my budget...Muddy Waters yup - Mannish Boy remains a classic...

Bad trip lang nung panahon na to ay yung night curfew. Pag 9pm na kelangan nasa bahay na lahat ng tao..e masarap pa namang maglaro sa kalsada pag bilog ang buwan.

hello there freakish! Dito ka din ba? don't tell me... :P

yeah bad trip yung curfew nuon at saka may sona pa kung minsan dun sa amin sa Pasig :P

Inabot nyo pa ba yung tumbang-preso at luksong-baka :lol:

hello there freakish! Dito ka din ba? don't tell me... :P

yeah bad trip yung curfew nuon at saka may sona pa kung minsan dun sa amin sa Pasig :P

Inabot nyo pa ba yung tumbang-preso at luksong-baka :lol:

@bods...di na maikakaila yun :lol:

yeah, inabot ko pa, yun ang mga laro namin, pati yung luksong tinik. pro pag gabi taguan ang the best.

SRV was a great loss - I think he was only in his mid-thirties then...also if you will notice nawala na din yung ibang magagaling na guitarists - like Peter Green of the original Fleetwood Mac, Alvin Lee of Ten Years After, Jimmy Page could be still be drugged-out somewhere, Jeff Beck bihira na maglabas ng bago....

Fluid nga ang style ni Pat Metheny - I heard bestseller daw yung bago nya...I've been looking for an LP of KInd of Blue kasi no comparison daw yung CD version dun sa plaka....ang ganda ng tunog nung plaka - Bobby played it dun sa store nya but his selling price was too expensive for my budget...Muddy Waters yup - Mannish Boy remains a classic...

"the sky is crying"...i read a while back fleetwood had, or is planning, a recording, although stevie nicks backed out, saying she was happy simply staying in some castle. i've been searching for the song remains the same na kahit vcd man lang, pero wala akong makita. great movie and soundtrack to boot. apparently, much of the material from physical graffiti, which i grudginly think outranks led zep two and four as their best album, was inspired by their travels to morocco. plant and page may have gotten hooked on the hash smoked on a hookah there, heh, heh...one of the best solos i've ever heard is beck's definitely maybe.

pare, the kind of blue cd i bought has six cuts compared to five sa album, because there is a another version of flamenco sketches that was previously unreleased. maganda ang tunog, halos parang plaka, with that same studio-sounding resonance and not sharp at all. personally, eto ang favorite album ko ni miles, pero groundbreaking pa rin yung bitches' brew. special mention to the album fille de kilimanjaro. magkano ni bobby binebenta?

hey pare, wouldn't you know? Napagtripan ko din yung mga dance music noon - don't wanna call it disco :lol: Van McCoy, Teri DeSario, Donna Summer, etc.

I found myself buying just lately this Donna Summer greatest hits - parang ang sarap pakinggan ngayon ng Bad Girls samantalang nuong araw we would not be caught listening to this music :lol: How things turn around, you know...

pare, you reminded me of the donna summer concert sa big dome back in 1974, the first concert i watched. meron back state of independence yung nabili mong compilation? sarap talaga pakinggan ang 70s...try to get a copy of the cd titled disco fiasco...puro 70s...bought it mainly because it includes harvest for the world by the isley bros.

@bods...di na maikakaila yun :lol:

yeah, inabot ko pa, yun ang mga laro namin, pati yung luksong tinik. pro pag gabi taguan ang the best.

I never would have imagined :rolleyes:

how about chinese garter? favorite namin manuod nito nung mga bata pa kami kasi when the girls are jumping tumataas-taas yung mga palda nila :P pero wala pa kaming mga malisya nuon ha hehehe...

"the sky is crying"...i read a while back fleetwood had, or is planning, a recording, although stevie nicks backed out, saying she was happy simply staying in some castle. i've been searching for the song remains the same na kahit vcd man lang, pero wala akong makita. great movie and soundtrack to boot. apparently, much of the material from physical graffiti, which i grudginly think outranks led zep two and four as their best album, was inspired by their travels to morocco. plant and page may have gotten hooked on the hash smoked on a hookah there, heh, heh...one of the best solos i've ever heard is beck's definitely maybe.

pare this Fleetwood reunion this will not include their original guitarist Peter Green - one of the best blues guitarists around. Kasi dati iba yung sound ng Fleetwood Mac - nung wala pa yung mga babae medyo bluesy yung dating nila. In fact, it was Peter Green who composed and originally recorded with Fleetwood the song Black Magic Woman. But Lindsey Buckingham is not bad at all - really he's also a great guitar maestro.

Madaming DVD dito ng Song Remains The Same - kahit pirated malinaw daw although I still have to borrow it. Come to think of it - I still got to buy a DVD player :P

In an Unplugged album one of the cuts there was Page/Plant performing Whipping Post - ang galing pa din nila kahit silang dalawa lang.

Beck plays great blues - ang fave ko naman sa kanya yung Cause We've Ended As Lovers - brings back a lot of solid memories :rolleyes: Definitely Maybe is really great - which reminds me wala pa pala akong LP nung Wire to Wire - dun yun di ba?

pare, the kind of blue cd i bought has six cuts compared to five sa album, because there is a another version of flamenco sketches that was previously unreleased. maganda ang tunog, halos parang plaka, with that same studio-sounding resonance and not sharp at all. personally, eto ang favorite album ko ni miles, pero groundbreaking pa rin yung bitches' brew. special mention to the album fille de kilimanjaro. magkano ni bobby binebenta?

yeah pare I also have the CD of Kind of Blue pero I tell you when I heard the LP it just blew me away - iba yung resonance and dynamics ng sound. Yung CD ang una kong nadinig and frankly I thought what the fuss was all about. But listening to the LP made me a believer in Miles Davis. I forgot how much - it was in the vicinity of 700 bucks. Nung may budget na ako - wala na yung plaka hehehe....

I wanna hear Bitches Brew - don't have it yet - I heard Man With a Horn but I think it sucks...

pare, you reminded me of the donna summer concert sa big dome back in 1974, the first concert i watched. meron back state of independence yung nabili mong compilation? sarap talaga pakinggan ang 70s...try to get a copy of the cd titled disco fiasco...puro 70s...bought it mainly because it includes harvest for the world by the isley bros.

yup pare meron dung State of Independence...also Hot Stuff and Love to Love you Baby - the moans brought back a lot of memories hehehe...pero i was disappointed wala dun yung Whispering Waves - anybody remember that song?

I haven't seen that Disco Fiasco - pare I've been looking for that Isley Bros song in whatever form...i remember dati nagpa-record ako kay Bobby because it was so hard to look for songs that I liked - pinarecord ko yung O Lori by the Alessi Bros, Andrew Gold's song - what's the title of that again? Goes this way - "Talked to my baby on the telephone long-distance/I never would have guessed I could miss someone so bad/Yeaahhh...." Also included dun yung Jackson Browne's somebody's Baby, Gerry Rafferty's Right Down the Line and Nicolette Larson's Lotta Love. As you can see puro RT 70's playlist hehehehe....

rod stewart, another 70s icon, made his name singing disco hits like da ya think i'm sexy (which he donated to unicef), has a cd it had to be you (the great american songbook). hanep ang recordings, parang you were back to when these songs were just finished by their writers....

Hot Legs, too, pare....Rod Stewart was a rock icon but he added to his fame by recording these danceable tunes. Kasabayan nitong mga dance hits na ito yung Tonight's The Night which was also a monster hit although it was not disco...

I never would have imagined :rolleyes:

how about chinese garter? favorite namin manuod nito nung mga bata pa kami kasi when the girls are jumping tumataas-taas yung mga palda nila :P pero wala pa kaming mga malisya nuon ha hehehe...

Oo nga 70s din nga yung chinese garter. Paborito ng mga convent girls. :D

Yup Pareng Bods, wala pa tayong malisya noon. Laru-laro lang.

Why not bro? Donna Summer is the disco queen. The term dance club and dance music became popular only in the 90s. Another disco queen that I really like is Gloria Gaynor.

I Will Survive

Reach Out (I'll Be There)

(If You Want It) Do It Yourself

I Am What I Am

Can't Take My Eyes off You

How High the Moon

Never Can Say Goodbye

Let's Make a Deal

pare this Fleetwood reunion this will not include their original guitarist Peter Green - one of the best blues guitarists around. Kasi dati iba yung sound ng Fleetwood Mac - nung wala pa yung mga babae medyo bluesy yung dating nila. In fact, it was Peter Green who composed and originally recorded with Fleetwood the song Black Magic Woman. But Lindsey Buckingham is not bad at all - really he's also a great guitar maestro.

Madaming DVD dito ng Song Remains The Same - kahit pirated malinaw daw although I still have to borrow it. Come to think of it - I still got to buy a DVD player :P

In an Unplugged album one of the cuts there was Page/Plant performing Whipping Post - ang galing pa din nila kahit silang dalawa lang.

Beck plays great blues - ang fave ko naman sa kanya yung Cause We've Ended As Lovers - brings back a lot of solid memories :rolleyes: Definitely Maybe is really great - which reminds me wala pa pala akong LP nung Wire to Wire - dun yun di ba?

di ako alam yon ah, about black magic woman done by peter green. yes, you're right, they have evolved. parang yung unang jefferson airplane that was in woodstock...naging jefferson starship tapos starship na. umiba na rin ang sound. ganoon ba? eh dito sa bangkok, land of pirated cd, vcd and everything, wala akong makitang song remains the same. a friend was able to get fm -- the movie where steely dan recorded the soundtrack album title..."kick up your high-heeled sneakers, it's party time..."

isa ko pang hinahanap na cd yung kay david spinozza with the songs on my way to the liquor store and doesn't she know by now. it's the only album of his i've seen. years ago, there was this bldg sa q blvd near examiner where a friend of mine bought a burned copy.

remember live aid when the son of john "bonzo" bonham played the drums? it was like years na since the public last heard zep play live, pero buo pa rin ang tunog. i'm not sure about the album where definitely maybe is, pero there is an album by beck that's titled wired.

yeah pare I also have the CD of Kind of Blue pero I tell you when I heard the LP it just blew me away - iba yung resonance and dynamics ng sound. Yung CD ang una kong nadinig and frankly I thought what the fuss was all about. But listening to the LP made me a believer in Miles Davis. I forgot how much - it was in the vicinity of 700 bucks. Nung may budget na ako - wala na yung plaka hehehe....

I wanna hear Bitches Brew - don't have it yet - I heard Man With a Horn but I think it sucks...

pare, to hear the best of miles, try to get the albums recorded during his beebop and hardbop years. some of these saw him collaborating with other greats during his time, like monk, charlie parker, bill evans, coltrane...sorry, ot na, napunta na sa jazz ang usapan!

yup pare meron dung State of Independence...also Hot Stuff and Love to Love you Baby - the moans brought back a lot of memories hehehe...pero i was disappointed wala dun yung Whispering Waves - anybody remember that song?

I haven't seen that Disco Fiasco - pare I've been looking for that Isley Bros song in whatever form...i remember dati nagpa-record ako kay Bobby because it was so hard to look for songs that I liked - pinarecord ko yung O Lori by the Alessi Bros, Andrew Gold's song - what's the title of that again? Goes this way - "Talked to my baby on the telephone long-distance/I never would have guessed I could miss someone so bad/Yeaahhh...." Also included dun yung Jackson Browne's somebody's Baby, Gerry Rafferty's Right Down the Line and Nicolette Larson's Lotta Love. As you can see puro RT 70's playlist hehehehe....

of course, i remember whispering waves...pang sweet yan...di ba pag may tipar or soiree at sinalang yan, agawan ng partner at bakuran na!!!

..."i love here, i'm thinking that she'll never recover....she's good for me, and it would really make me happy to never let her slip away..." -- never let her slip away ata ang title ng song na yan. okay din yung baker street ni gerry rafferty.

i've also never seen an isley bros cd. once saw a compilation of 70s songs that included highways of my life, skylark's wild flower (tama ba yung title?) and other favorites. among the other songs in the disco fiasco cd i mentioned are the hustle, shake your groove thing, that's the way i like it, celebrate, play that funky music...lahat ok.

Time out lang muna mga Pareng sally, bods and storm . . .

Tutal, 70s music na rin lang naman ang pinag-uusapan ninyo, sino sa inyo ang nakaka-alala nung lyrics ng kantang "Damo"? It starts like this:

"Nakatayo sa kanto, parang gago

Naghihintay ng pang-iskor ng damo

Damo, damo

Pagkain ng kabayo . . ."

Madalas kantahin yan pag drinking (daw) sessions. To my mind, there the song was never really recorded by any artist but was very popular during that time. I remember only bits and pieces.

"Ako ay mayrong syota, batang-bata

Kung maka-ch*** nakapanghihina . . ."

:cool:

of course, i remember whispering waves...pang sweet yan...di ba pag may tipar or soiree at sinalang yan, agawan ng partner at bakuran na!!!

..."i love here, i'm thinking that she'll never recover....she's good for me, and it would really make me happy to never let her slip away..." -- never let her slip away ata ang title ng song na yan. okay din yung baker street ni gerry rafferty.

i've also never seen an isley bros cd. once saw a compilation of 70s songs that included highways of my life, skylark's wild flower (tama ba yung title?) and other favorites. among the other songs in the disco fiasco cd i mentioned are the hustle, shake your groove thing, that's the way i like it, celebrate, play that funky music...lahat ok.

I bought one also a long time ago ng Disco Fiasco sa Divisoria. :lol:

Whispering Waves was a hit here but not in the USA according to my buddy who lives in LA that's why it was not included in Donna Summer's concert we saw in DVD.

Pareng Sally dapat talagang mag eb sa December.