Back To The 70's

Ooops, my bad! Sorry, I didn't notice this! But they're both correct naman!! :cool:

Way to go! Nakuha mo yung "Black Magic Woman" ng Santana, and the last one, What A Wonderful World of Louie Armstong!

:cool:

Hi, Willow Boy! Ikaw ang BIDA sa BONUS! :thumbsupsmiley:

You got "Light My Fire" by The Doors! :boo: And "Never My Love" and "Cherish" by The Association! Favorites ko yun!

Answers will be posted tomorrow...

:P :upside:

Light my Fire? Cherish? Nakuha ko yung Never My Love pero yung version nung sa kin ay 5th Dimension. Now that I read the answers, I remember the songs.

Yoko na mag post ng answers sa Quiz 2 ni Ms.Liberty at baka mahalata na panay basa ko ng JINGLE songhits :P Which is reflective of my frustration I think--- I cannot sing at all!!!!! Ha ha ha kaya hanggang pa memorize na lang ng lyrics :thumbsupsmiley:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome on this thread. :) Greetings portion muna:

1. Pareng Storm and KapitanJT, miss na miss ko kayo! Puro kababawan kasi pinaguukulan ko ng free time ko these days (read: no brainer threads on mtc) :lol:

Hope to see you lovely people soon, till then I'll keep on singing in the bathroom (currently singing You've made me so very happy, I'm so glad you came into my liiiiiifeeeeeeeee). :lol:

We hope to see you too over some bottles of wine :P

Pasingit ulit... walang nakaka guess pa ng:

"AND LIFE WITHOUT YOU HAS NO FUTURE FOR ME" - The Harder I Try by Free Movement :thumbsupsmiley:

"WE COULD BE ON A DESERT LOST WITHOUT A PLACE TO GO" - Together by Tierra :heart:

Now that I read the answers, I remember the songs. But I don't know who Tierra is. Hindi ba mas sikat o baduy noon yung Together Again nina Ate Vilma at Kuya Bobot? :lol:

Edited by storm

KUDOS!! Your memories are still as sharp as ever!

Here are the answers to Lyric Quiz 2:

MORE 70s NATIONAL ANTHEMS

A face through a window “Mandy" Barry Manilow

Don't make a wrong seem right “Don't Give Up on Us” David Soul

Without love where would you be now “Long Train Running” Doobie Brothers

Teardrops rolling down on my face “Feelings” Morris Albert

Left each other on the way to another love “Looks Like We Made It” Barry Manilow

She's trying to make a devil out of me “Black Magic Woman” Santana

I’d rather be loved, and needed, depended on to give a love I can’t give “Just Don’t Want To Be Lonely” Ronnie Dyson (or Main Ingredient or Blue Magic)

I won't be surprised if it's a dream “Top Of The World” Carpenters

Life can be short or long, love can be right or wrong “Make It With You” Bread

Go crazy is what I will do “ If I Can't Have You” Yvonne Elliman

Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening "Bohemian Rhapsody” Queen

And who is the one you're clinging to instead of me tonight “Emotion” Samantha Sang

To try again seems useless now, I’ll get hurt again, anyhow “I Always Get Caught In The Rain” Dionne Warwick

And life without you has no future for me “The Harder I Try” Free Movement

Those kicks were fast as lightning, in fact it was a little frightening “Kung Fu Fighting” Carl Douglas

See the girl who’s collected broken hearts for souvenirs “Sideshow” Blue Magic

Write your name across the sky “Betcha By Golly Wow” The Stylistics

Made the weary wonder of Wall Street rise from the dead “Terminal” Rupert Holmes

And we will live forever, until the twelfth of never “Fantasy” EWF

Listen to us I'm sure you'll be amazed “Le Freak” Chic

This will be the day that I die “American Pie” Don McLean

You're a tease and you turn 'em on “Dancing Queen” ABBA

Portraits hung in empty halls “Vincent” Don McLean

Come on angel, my heart's on fire “Tonight’s The Night” Rod Stewart

A kiss for luck and we're on our way “We’ve Only Just Begun” Carpenters

Strollin' in the park, watchin' winter turn to spring “Feel Like Making Love” Roberta Flack

'Cause we're living in a world of fools “How Deep Is Your Love” Bee Gees

Quiet and blue like the sky I'm hung over you “Precious And Few” Climax

When you get drunk between the moon and New York City “Arthur’s Theme” Cristopher Cross

You can rely on the old man's money “Rich Girl” Hall and Oates

‘Cause there's music in the air and lots of lovin’ everywhere “Give Me The Night” George Benson

SPILLOVER TO THE 80’S

No more talk of darkness “All I Ask Of You” Barbra Streisand

Sweet memories will last a long, long time “I'm So Excited” Pointer Sisters

We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I “Never Gonna Give You Up” Rick Astley

If they don't give me proper credit I just walk away “Material Girl” Madonna

And mama always told me be careful what you do, don't go around breaking young girls' hearts "Billie Jean" Michael Jackson

Been workin, so hard. I'm punchin, my card "Footloose" Kenny Loggins

You tell me that you want me, you tell me that you need me, you tell me that you love me, and I know that I'm right."Talking In Your Sleep" The Romantics

I touch you once, I touch you twice "If You Leave" Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark

I was born to love you, but I will never be free, you'll always be a part of me "Always Something There To Remind Me" Naked Eyes

No April rain, no flowers' bloom, no wedding Saturday within the month of June "I Just Called To Say I Love You" Stevie Wonder

Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream "Karma Chameleon" Culture Club

Some of them want to use you. Some of them want to get used by you. "Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This" Eurythmics

You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand "Mickey" Toni Basil

Step on a crack, break your momma's back "Whip It" Devo

Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray "Bizarre Love Triangle" New Order

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it "I'm So Excited" The Pointer Sisters

Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper

You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" Wham!

I asked the doctor to take your picture so I could look at you from inside as well "Turning Japanese" Vapors

We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving "We Are The World" USA For Africa

Yo no soy marinero, Yo no soy marinero, soy capitan, soy capitan "La Bamba" Los Lobos

They say if you love someone “Some Good Things Never Last” Barbra Streisand

Guilty feet have got no rhythm “Careless Whisper” Wham

And oh what a revelation to see someone was saying 'I love you' to me "One In A Million You” Larry Graham

BONUS

There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby. “Somewhere over the Rainbow” Judy Garland

We could be on a desert, lost without a place to go “Together” The Intruders

So kiss me and smile for me “Leaving On A Jet Plane” John Denver

I'm on your side, when times get rough “Bridge Over Troubled Water” Simon and Garfunkel

Try now we can only lose, and our love become a funeral pyre “Light My Fire” The Doors

Just like the guy who's feet are to big for his bed “Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head” BJ Thomas

And now as tears subside, I find it all so amusing “My Way” Frank Sinatra

No one can tell me that I’m too young to know “Our Day Will Come” Spiral Starecase

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls “The Sounds Of Silence” Simon & Garfunkel

Frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee “Puff The Magic Dragon” Peter, Paul & Mary

Use your mentality, wake up to reality “I’ve Got You Under My Skin” Frank Sinatra

How can you think love will end when I’ve asked you to spend your whole life with me “Never My Love” The Association

Man has never found the words that could make you want me “Cherish” The Association

Mystic crystal revelation and the mind’s true liberation “Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In” The 5th Dimension

The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night “What A Wonderful World” Louis Armstrong

(**Disclaimer: Liberty does not make any claims to the accuracy of the lyrics/titles/artists. All versions/renditions/covers mentioned in your answers are likewise acceptable. :hypocritesmiley: )

Thanks to all who participated! The great 70s era!

post-78320-1153796979.jpg

I'm amazed by how people can recall song titles/artists just from the fragments of lyrics

I hope someone also plays a guitar .... anyone?

Frankly i have little idea about Leif Garret ... but my aunt's room has a very huge poster of him

6. Lomex, I had such a huge crush on Leif Garret when I was 10/11yrs old! I can still hear "when I think of you ... I gotta wait for the summer ...." in my head.

Hope to see you lovely people soon, till then I'll keep on singing in the bathroom (currently singing You've made me so very happy, I'm so glad you came into my liiiiiifeeeeeeeee). :lol:

Yoko na mag post ng answers sa Quiz 2 ni Ms.Liberty at baka mahalata na panay basa ko ng JINGLE songhits :P Which is reflective of my frustration I think--- I cannot sing at all!!!!! Ha ha ha kaya hanggang pa memorize na lang ng lyrics :thumbsupsmiley:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome on this thread. :) Greetings portion muna:

1. Pareng Storm and KapitanJT, miss na miss ko kayo! Puro kababawan kasi pinaguukulan ko ng free time ko these days (read: no brainer threads on mtc) :lol:

2. MsLiberty! Ha ha ha ako na si SIRIT QUEEN! Isn't SIRIT is such a 70s term? Hmmm at least that's what I recall from all the "knock-knock" jokes my cousins used to teach me tagalog when we would come home to manila for the holidays. :unsure: Re Isley Brothers, they have wonderful songs which many newer artists did covers of. I first heard HARVEST as a Robert Palmer cover, THIS OLD HEART OF MINE as a Rod Stewart cover, FOR THE LOVE OF YOU as a Whitney Houston cover and AT YOUR BEST as an Aaliyah cover, research research ako ng konti at yon na download ko din mga original versions from the Isley Bros. Beautiful really, hayyyy yung iba eh make-out music too! :lol:

3. Masi Pare, am an old soul I think and am getting there soon na rin physiologically :lol: I think part of this audiophilic addiction is rooted in the fact that when I was growing up in Bangkok, these songs were the only things in English! <_< Plus of course my dad is such a music junkie too. I think you will make gulat (euuuwwww how kaka-girl!) to find out that I can sing along to 80% of the Everly Brothers' songs! :wacko:

4. Willowboy, I sooooo love that Free Movement song! Everytime I hear it, without fail, I get soooo weepy. But of course hindi dahil feeling ko ako yung kumakanta but ako yung kinakantahan :lol:

5. Sliderule and LadyAugustMoon, hope to meet you one of these days with some of my mostest, favoritest people on mtc :D

6. Lomex, I had such a huge crush on Leif Garret when I was 10/11yrs old! I can still hear "when I think of you ... I gotta wait for the summer ...." in my head.

Well Senorita Lipstick, it's been a long time (dagdag, since I rock and roll!!! O, sige nga sino kumanta nun!!!)

This name that song and singer ni Mommy Liberty has got this thread of Pareng Storm burning!!!! (as in "burn baby burn") :thumbsupsmiley:

Pareng Pinoy and I, during our drunken stupor, would do a similar game. We'd play MP3s in the stereo, then we'll try to guess the song, the band/singer and dance the steps that went with the song during that era!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :sick:

If my better half and I would like to listen to hits like Hard Core Poetry, The Harder I Try, I love you more today than yesterday (my daughter calls its the Ayala Mall tune), we'll be listening to Spirits of 67 and see all those jiggly cellulite and curdled bellies of matrons as they pound the dancefloor. Of course pag sweet na ang kanta, my better half and I will dance very sweet. :wub:

Pareng Storm, siguro ang susunod na eb natin, may dancing na dapat. :P Or maybe we can have an eb at Jill's on a Friday and ask my friend to play alot of the Stargazer hits, like Native New Yorker, Oh Lorrie, Friends. That would be a blast.

I cant help but answer

it's been a long time (dagdag, since I rock and roll!!! O, sige nga sino kumanta nun!!!) - Led Zepellin

Its been a long time since i rock and roll, let me get it back

it's been a long time (dagdag, since I rock and roll!!! O, sige nga sino kumanta nun!!!)
I'm amazed by how people can recall song titles/artists just from the fragments of lyrics

I hope someone also plays a guitar .... anyone?

Frankly i have little idea about Leif Garret ... but my aunt's room has a very huge poster of him

Actually, I'm amazed to find you here in this thread Pareng Lomex! Somehow, I was always under the impression that you were more of an 80s (euphemism for mas bata sa amin ng isang dekada. Hehehe!) person...

Speaking of Leif Garrett. Di ba karibal niya nun si Shaun Cassidy? I remember he came to Manila and during one of his TV guestings in JQ's show, he was asked: "What can you say about observations that you look like Robert Plant?" Sagot ba naman nitong si Leif: "I don't look like Robert Plant. Maybe, Robert Plant looks like me!" (Ang kapal! Of course true Led Zep fans were outraged!)

Edited by Magaling

Sir

You are amazingly absolutely right.

Breakdance and new wave - is indeed my era ...

Just to confirm - hand spin, head spin, hydraulic

artists - Guns and Roses (Axl Rose, Slash), The Cure (Robet Smith), Tears for Fears

Bagets-Gary V., bleh blah blah

Cartoons - Voltes V, Balatack, Mazinger Z

I was so much influenced by troops who are as u said a generation ahead of me

I wore Gimbel's pants that when i was a kid.... Sikat na rin ang Hang Ten

Joe Quirino also always say when he compares one to a celebrity, that the Celebrity instead looks like you.

I remember them on TV :

Aldeguer Sisters

Archie Lacson - Penthouse 7 ba yun? not the magazine

Actually, I'm amazed to find you here in this thread Pareng Lomex! Somehow, I was always under the impression that you were more of an 80s (euphemism for mas bata sa amin ng isang dekada. Hehehe!) person...

Speaking of Leif Garrett. Di ba karibal niya nun si Shaun Cassidy? I remember he came to Manila and during one of his TV guestings in JQ's show, he was asked: "What can you say about observations that you look like Robert Plant?" Sagot ba naman nitong si Leif: "I don't look like Robert Plant. Maybe, Robert Plant looks like me!" (Ang kapal! Of course true Led Zep fans were outraged!)

post-61098-1153821508.jpg

Tama ka, Pareng Magaling. Rivals nga sila Leif at Shaun Cassidy noong time na iyon. Ang mga kanta naman ni Shaun during those days were "Morning Girl" and "Hey Deanie". He also played "Joe Hardy" in the Hardy Boys tv series with Parker Stevenson (ex-husband ni Kirstie Alley).

Speaking of Leif's "kakapalan", let's just say na to this day millions, maybe even billions, of people around the world know of "Stairway to Heaven" and Led Zeppelin. I doubt if that many people know of "I Was Made for Dancing" and even think of it as a classic song. (Kinanta ni Leif Garret iyan sa Student Canteen noong mag-guest siya. Hehehe) On a sad note, Leif's been in the news lately here in the US. He's been in and out of drug rehab. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by willow_boy
Sir

artists - Guns and Roses (Axl Rose, Slash), The Cure (Robet Smith), Tears for Fears

Joe Quirino also always say when he compares one to a celebrity, that the Celebrity instead looks like you.

I remember them on TV :

Aldeguer Sisters

Pareng Lomex, nice photo of Cubao (Aurora Boulevard) from the mid-70s. Almost every weekend ay nandiyan kami noon. :cool:

Well Senorita Lipstick, it's been a long time (dagdag, since I rock and roll!!! O, sige nga sino kumanta nun!!!)

This name that song and singer ni Mommy Liberty has got this thread of Pareng Storm burning!!!! (as in "burn baby burn") :thumbsupsmiley:

Pareng Pinoy and I, during our drunken stupor, would do a similar game. We'd play MP3s in the stereo, then we'll try to guess the song, the band/singer and dance the steps that went with the song during that era!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! :sick:

If my better half and I would like to listen to hits like Hard Core Poetry, The Harder I Try, I love you more today than yesterday (my daughter calls its the Ayala Mall tune), we'll be listening to Spirits of 67 and see all those jiggly cellulite and curdled bellies of matrons as they pound the dancefloor. Of course pag sweet na ang kanta, my better half and I will dance very sweet. :wub:

Pareng Storm, siguro ang susunod na eb natin, may dancing na dapat. :P Or maybe we can have an eb at Jill's on a Friday and ask my friend to play alot of the Stargazer hits, like Native New Yorker, Oh Lorrie, Friends. That would be a blast.

I concur. Liberty's quiz got the thread burning. Napiga rin utak ko. :wacko: :lol:

Sige let's have a dancing EB!!!! Kahit saan basta may dancing :D

Your place or mine or Jill's. May dancing ba sa Jill's? What's the name of your friend in Jill's (DJ ba with the initials B.A.)?

Sir

I remember them on TV :

Aldeguer Sisters

I'm more of a swing guy but I'm aware of those dance steps and music of the 80s.

There was a time in the early 70s when the Aldeguer sisters visited our place in Malabon. IMHO I found Lally prettier but Terry was the better dancer.

I danced with some of the ladies of Penthouse 7 in one party (not the latin members, please :boo:) and dated one of the members of the Penthouse gang.

One brand of shirt na matagal na kaming may pinagsamahan mula pa nung 70s ay Lacoste. Sa jeans naman ay Levi's.

One brand of shirt na matagal na kaming may pinagsamahan mula pa nung 70s ay Lacoste. Sa jeans naman ay Levi's.

Yup, I agree with you. I also had Lacoste shirts noong 70s. Very comfortable ang tela and great fit. I think they're trying to make a comeback. :cool:

Late bloomer ako when it came to Levi's. These days, all my jeans are Levi's na. I don't buy anything else. :thumbsupsmiley:

Storm, you must be some dancer then .... and perhaps even up to now

Perhaps some Nestor de Villa and Nida Blanca influences ..? :D :hypocritesmiley:

Lacoste, Levi's ... then somebody perhaps remember Happy Feet bakya?

Trivia : What are these?

Dos Ekis, Corex, Opyo

I'm more of a swing guy but I'm aware of those dance steps and music of the 80s.

There was a time in the early 70s when the Aldeguer sisters visited our place in Malabon. IMHO I found Lally prettier but Terry was the better dancer.

I danced with some of the ladies of Penthouse 7 in one party (not the latin members, please :boo:) and dated one of the members of the Penthouse gang.

You must be living around new manila .... <_<

Pareng Lomex, nice photo of Cubao (Aurora Boulevard) from the mid-70s. Almost every weekend ay nandiyan kami noon. :cool:

post-61098-1153872681.jpg

Dito pareho kami ni Pareng Storm. :cool:

Here, I had no choice. I had to learn this because during family gatherings, I had to dance with my mother....and my aunts of course. Napakinabangan ko rin naman kahit papaano. A few years back, I worked for an MNC and during our international sales conferences, nagkaroon ng dancing during one of the evening functions. Yung mga delegates from Latin America, syempre they were really into it. Ako lang yata sa mga Asians ang nakapag-dare sumabay sa kanila (ano malay ng mga Hapon, Koreano, Hongkies, etc sa rumba? salsa?). I have to tell you those latinas were really hot! Heeeheee! Buti na lang good boy na ko. Haha!

Then by your and Pareng Willow's standards, I must be considered a sell-out! :blush: Geez it must be almost two decades ago since my last pair of Levi's. :huh: Although meron pa rin naman ako mga Lacoste shirts. These days, I only have 2 or 3 pairs of denims puro M&S pa. The rest, typical office slacks. I've sold out to the establishment... :(

Trivia : What are these?

Dos Ekis, Corex, Opyo

Ay wawwww.....

Btw, Pareng Lomex: nice pics of Cubao and Makati. To be honest, kung di sinabi ni Willow na Cubao yun, I wouldn't have known for sure. I had a feeling it's got to be Cubao (kasi parang alangan naman Makati o Greenhills o Escolta) but just couldn't figure out where exactly in Cubao. Intersection ba ng Aurora Blvd and Highway 54 before the underpass was built?

Ay wawwww.....

Btw, Pareng Lomex: nice pics of Cubao and Makati. To be honest, kung di sinabi ni Willow na Cubao yun, I wouldn't have known for sure. I had a feeling it's got to be Cubao (kasi parang alangan naman Makati o Greenhills o Escolta) but just couldn't figure out where exactly in Cubao. Intersection ba ng Aurora Blvd and Highway 54 before the underpass was built?

Pareng Magaling, tama ka about Cubao. The spot shown on the photo is about 2 blocks from Highway 54 and yes, it was in the days before the underpass was built. Pareng Mandrake will probably be able to name the streets in this shot. Naging laman iyan ng Cubao e. :D

Yes if you refer further right... will be HW54

This is indeed Aurora Blvd ... the building on the right still stands up to now....

Ay wawwww.....

post-61098-1153876749.jpg

This is indeed Aurora Blvd ... the building on the right still stands up to now....

do you guys still remember rizal theater, its located where shangrila hotel makati is right now. duon kami palagi nanunod ng movie with my cousins.

Edited by acl
Storm, you must be some dancer then .... and perhaps even up to now

Perhaps some Nestor de Villa and Nida Blanca influences ..? :D :hypocritesmiley:

Lacoste, Levi's ... then somebody perhaps remember Happy Feet bakya?

I would say more of John Travolta and Soul Train influences. :P

Earth shoes. I also bought a couple of those inside the base (meaning Clark and Subic).

Thanks for the pics from the 70s. That's Makati Automat which is Glorietta 3 I supposed.

What happened to Progressive Bank? Well no progress, no Progressive Bank. :(

Dito pareho kami ni Pareng Storm. :cool:

Here, I had no choice. I had to learn this because during family gatherings, I had to dance with my mother....and my aunts of course. Napakinabangan ko rin naman kahit papaano. A few years back, I worked for an MNC and during our international sales conferences, nagkaroon ng dancing during one of the evening functions. Yung mga delegates from Latin America, syempre they were really into it. Ako lang yata sa mga Asians ang nakapag-dare sumabay sa kanila (ano malay ng mga Hapon, Koreano, Hongkies, etc sa rumba? salsa?). I have to tell you those latinas were really hot! Heeeheee! Buti na lang good boy na ko. Haha!

Then by your and Pareng Willow's standards, I must be considered a sell-out! :blush: Geez it must be almost two decades ago since my last pair of Levi's. :huh: Although meron pa rin naman ako mga Lacoste shirts. These days, I only have 2 or 3 pairs of denims puro M&S pa. The rest, typical office slacks. I've sold out to the establishment... :(

You can always go back to being hip. Gaya nga ng sabi ni Pareng NAZARETH

I remember the Levi's Ads with Bellamy Bros song - LET YOUR LOVE FLOW - still love that song :cool:

There's a reason... Let your love flow... That's hot. :cool:

oo nga ano. it's aurora blvd. nga na para bang ang camera ay nasa diamond theater the way this picture was shot. i was thinking about that sign on the tall building next to shell station and i remember that this would read "asian institute of applied electronics". it's like a vocational school that occupies the top floor of the building where the ground floor is prudential bank branch yata and next to it is cubao elementary school across uniwide. that corner building fronting the white beetle is PNB cubao branch where the beetle is going towards the direction of quezon and sampaguita theaters. ang luwag pa ng aurora blvd. nuon.

oo nga ano. it's aurora blvd. nga na para bang ang camera ay nasa diamond theater the way this picture was shot. i was thinking about that sign on the tall building next to shell station and i remember that this would read "asian institute of applied electronics". it's like a vocational school that occupies the top floor of the building where the ground floor is prudential bank branch yata and next to it is cubao elementary school across uniwide. that corner building fronting the white beetle is PNB cubao branch where the beetle is going towards the direction of quezon and sampaguita theaters. ang luwag pa ng aurora blvd. nuon.

Great memory, Pareng Infirmero. You even remember Cubao Elementary School. Nalimutan ko na iyon! :D

From what I remember of Cubao, especially with this particular intersection, tama lahat ang sinabi mo! :cool:

Edited by willow_boy

That's the meralco bldg. and philcomcen though without the their communication towers atop its roofs. They were the two most prominent bldgs. in ortigas back then. wala man lang ka traffic traffic sa edsa nuon. that green car is a torana, right? can't figure out what car is the red one behind.

Edited by Infirmero
Great memory, Pareng Infirmero. You even remember Cubao Elementary School. Nalimutan ko na iyon! :D

From what I remember of Cubao, especially with this particular intersection, tama lahat ang sinabi mo! :cool:

he he he araw-araw ko kasing dinadaanan ang kahabaan ng aurora blvd. papasok sa escuela nuon. gaya mo east of new manila din ang uwi ko. east pa nga ng cubao eh. :D