Back To The 70's

Ayusin ko yung ibang mali okay?

http://www.70disco.com/images/wildcher.jpg Play That Funky Music by Wild Cherry

Rock the Boat by Hues Corporation

On and On by Stephen Bishop

Fill in the blanks ko yung mga sirit! ni Lipstick:

"I close my eyes. Only for the moment then the moment's gone." - Dust in the Wind - Kansas

"And they were dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'." - Play That Funky Music, by Taylor Hicks, este White Chocolate pala

"I believe in miracles, since you came along." - You Sexy Thing , Hot Chocolate

"Are we in love? Or just friends? Is this my beginning? Or is this the end?!" - When Will I See You Again by The 3 Degrees!

"and you flew your Lear jet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun" - You're so Vain, Carly Simon

"So I'd like to know where you got the notion." - Rock the Boat, Hues Factory yata

"When I was young, I never needed anyone. Making love was just for fun, those days are gone." - All By Myself, Eric Carmen

"My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim. I had to stop for the night." - Hotel California (Eagles)

"I wanna hold you 'til I die, 'til we both break down and cry." - Sometimes When We Touch, Dan Hill

“Conventionality belongs to yesterday." - Grease...ni Frankie Valli

"Who can make a sunrise? Sprinkle it with dew." - The Candy Man, sus si Dammy Davis Jr ito dba?? Ang tagal na nito :-)

"I know it's late. I know you're weary. I know your plans don't include me." - hmmmmm We Got Tonight by Bob Seager and the Silver Bullet Band

"You come on like a dream, peaches and cream, lips like strawberry wine." - Ringo Starr ito....uuuuhh.....You're 16

"Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo." - Si Glen Campbell, Rhinestne Cowboy

"He takes a ladder, steals the stars from the sky, puts on Sinatra and starts to cry." - On and On

Edited by storm
WOW! Looks like we have the 70s lyric quiz practically completed now, so here are the answers:

“Something happened along the way and yesterday was all we had." "After the Love is Gone" Earth, Wind & Fire

"Can it be that it was all so simple then? Or has time re-written every line?" "The Way We Were" Barbara Streisand (puede rin si Rico J. :P )

We got a thing goin' on." "Me and Mrs. Jones" Billy Paul

"I need you, by me, beside me to guide me." "Last Dance" Donna Summer

They want you as a new recruit!!!" "In The Navy" Village People

"Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear." "Sing" The Carpenters

"I think it was the 4th Of July." "Saturday In The Park" Chicago

"I close my eyes. Only for the moment then the moment's gone." "Dust in the Wind" Kansas

"And they were dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'." "Play That Funky Music" Wild Cherry

This song is for you, filled with gratitude and love. God bless you!" "You Make Me Feel Brand New" The Stylistics

So please believe me, my heart is in your hands. And I'll be missing you." "Babe" Styx

"You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one." "Imagine" John Lennon

"I believe in miracles, since you came along." "You Sexy Thing" Hot Chocolate

"Are we in love? Or just friends? Is this my beginning? Or is this the end?!" "When Will I See You Again?" Three Degrees

"And you flew your Lear jet up to Nova Scotia to see the total eclipse of the sun" "You're so Vain" Carly Simon

"The night is young -- and full of possibilities." "Ring My Bell" Anita Ward

"I really want to see you. I really want to be with you." "My Sweet Lord" George Harrison

"So I'd like to know where you got the notion." "Rock the Boat" The Hues Corp.

"Well, I know it's kind of late. I hope I didn't wake you." "I have to Say I Love You in a Song" Jim Croce

"When I was young, I never needed anyone. Making love was just for fun, those days are gone." "All By Myself" Eric Carmen

"My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim. I had to stop for the night." "Hotel California" Eagles

"I wanna hold you 'til I die, 'til we both break down and cry." "Sometimes When We Touch" Dan Hill

“You grew up riding the subways, running with people, up in Harlem, down on Broadway” “Native New Yorker” Odyssey

"Stay with me while we grow old and we will live each day in the springtime." "Lovin' You" Minnie Ruperton

“Will you disappear from the earth just like Atlantis did?” “City Of Angels” The Miracles

“Conventionality belongs to yesterday." "Grease" Frankie Valli

"Satisfaction came in a chain reaction." "Disco Inferno" The Trammps

"Who can make a sunrise? Sprinkle it with dew." "The Candy Man" Sammy Davis Jr.

"I tried hard to forget it but I know my mind won't let it." "I Just Wanna Stop" Gino Vannelli

All right now, go!! Walk out the door!!" "I Will Survive" Gloria Gaynor

"There's one perfect fit and, sugar, this one is it." "Reunited" Peaches & Herb

"Loving both of you is breaking all the rules." "Torn Between Two Lovers" Mary MacGregor

"Doesn't anybody stay in one place anymore." "So Far Away" Carole King

"I know it's late. I know you're weary. I know your plans don't include me." "We've Got Tonight" Bob Seger & Silver Bullet Band

"I will never, no, no, never love again." "The Love I Lost" Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes (or Sybil)

"Grow apple trees and honey bees and snow-white turtle doves." "I'd Like to Teach The World to Sing" The New Seekers

"These little town blues are melting away." "New York, New York" Frank Sinatra

"You come on like a dream, peaches and cream, lips like strawberry wine." "You're Sixteen" Ringo Starr

"Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo." "Rhinestone Cowboy" Glen Campbell

"Voulez-vous coucher avec moi." "Lady Marmalade" Labelle

“The words will never show the you I’ve come to know” “If” Bread

"He takes a ladder, steals the stars from the sky, puts on Sinatra and starts to cry." "On and On" Steven Bishop

“We can try to understand the New York Times’ effect on man.” “Staying Alive” Bee Gees

“Electricity starts to flow and my indicator starts to glow.” “Love Machine” The Miracles

“Half of us are satisfied, half of us in need” “Harvest For The World” Isley Bros.

“I don’t think that I can take it, ‘cause it took so long to bake it.” “McArthur Park” The Four Tops (or Donna Summer)

"Spirits rise and their dance is unrehearsed" “Theme from Evergreen” Barbra Streisand

“Please tell me yes, and don’t say no, honey, not tonight” “Love Won’t Let me Wait” Major Harris

Napabilib mo ako, Mama Lipstick, you knew the one from "Harvest for the World" of the Isley Bros. And I thought that was hard! :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks to all, I hope you had fun!

Thanks mareng Liberty! Bigla akong napaisip and napahalungkat ng aking mga cds. :D

Seventh Avenue also recorded 'The Love I lost'.

Ooops..my bad..

This would feature the latest starlet. I remember Lorna Tolentino filling this role.

Okay lang bro! Keep on posting.

I just wonder what band/albums to do you have/had

I had then

KISS - Kiss Alive I/Kiss Alive 2, Kiss Unmasked, Kiss Killers

Nazareth - Gretast hits, 2XS

Led Zeppelin - Greatest hits / Collection

Rod Stewart

Queen

Heavy bro!

I had then so many kind of music from pop, r&b, disco, light rock to jazz. I started buying records in 1973. I also borrowed some from my friends and recorded them in open reel tapes. The sad part was someone stole my entire collection sometime in 1980 so I stopped buying. From then on I shifted to tapes. :(

Wow. At those times ung mga can afford lang can make such a collection ....

As you can see one would even steal it .....

Lemme guess Tapes costs 20-25 bucks?

Other 70's stuff

(pardon for the spelling)

Leif Garret

Aerosmith

Black Sabbath

UFO

Uria Heep

Lynard Skynard

Rainbow

Heavy bro!

I had then so many kind of music from pop, r&b, disco, light rock to jazz. I started buying records in 1973. I also borrowed some from my friends and recorded them in open reel tapes. The sad part was someone stole my entire collection sometime in 1980 so I stopped buying. From then on I shifted to tapes. :(

And who said you're old? Had you not mentioned you were an audiophile mas mapapaniwala mo kami na VIDEOKE QUEEN :P ka talaga!!!!

Speaking of videoke, I would like to confirm once and for all that I am not the person who was shot in a San Juan videoke some weeks back. :D Some friends got worried when they heard my name on the radio. Some of them really thought, that "My Way" finally got me.

Hi Pareng Masi. Still very busy?

I think we should meet and have a drink! :thumbsupsmiley:

Hi Pareng Masi. Still very busy?

I think we should meet and have a drink! :thumbsupsmiley:

Sure thing, Pareng Storm. Busy pa rin, upto October pa, but I would find the time for a drink with friends. Let's organize something for the weekend. Saturday looks ok. Si Mareng Liberty handa na daw yung sounds! Pareng Bods may sipon pa but maybe magaling na yan by the weekend.

Text tayo by Thursday.

I prefer the John Hay of old!!!! The burger, the steak, the chocolate milkshake and ice cream soda. Tsaka ibang crowd before.

Baguio in general was a lot better in the 70s. It's been our favorite sembreak destination :thumbsupsmiley: :cool: :wub: . Lots of fond memories :rolleyes:

You betcha! :thumbsupsmiley: John Hay used to be one good reason to travel to Baguio. You could (more or less) see who was in town when you had lunch at the 19th Tee. The ol' Main Club had Prime Ribs and steaks while you had a shot of winning some good money (for it's time) when they had bingo nights on the 2nd floor.

The one thing I really missed from the ol' Baguio: listening to Armed Forces Radio. It felt like being abroad without leaving the country (at least to me). A big influence on my youth, for sure. Thank goodness for the internet, I now have all these endless choices of music from around the world 24/7.....as opposed to hearing some stupid SONA. :thumbsdownsmiley: :P

Edited by starbuck911

ARE YOU READY FOR THE NEXT ROUND???

Name the song title and artist:

MORE OF THE 70s NATIONAL ANTHEMS:

“A face through a window”

“Don't make a wrong seem right”

“Without love where would you be now”

“Teardrops rolling down on my face”

“Left each other on the way to another love”

“She's trying to make a devil out of me”

“I’d rather be loved, and needed, depended on to give a love I can’t give”

“I won't be surprised if it's a dream”

“Life can be short or long, love can be right or wrong”

“Go crazy is what I will do”

“Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening”

“And who is the one you're clinging to instead of me tonight?”

“To try again seems useless now, I’ll get hurt again, anyhow”

“And life without you has no future for me”

“Those kicks were fast as lightning, in fact it was a little bit frightening”

“See the girl who’s collected broken hearts for souvenirs”

“Write your name across the sky”

“Made the weary wonder of Wall Street rise from the dead”

“And we will live forever, until the twelfth of never”

“Listen to us, I'm sure you'll be amazed”

“This will be the day that I die”

“You're a tease and you turn 'em on”

“Portraits hung in empty halls”

“Come on angel, my heart's on fire"

“A kiss for luck and we're on our way”

“Strollin' in the park, watchin' winter turn to spring”

“'Cause we're living in a world of fools "

“Quiet and blue like the sky I'm hung over you”

“When you get drunk between the moon and New York City”

“You can rely on the old man's money”

“'Cause there's music in the air and lots of lovin’ everywhere”

SPILLOVER TO THE 80’S (Para masaya, and to prove we’re still not THAT old!):

“No more talk of darkness”

“Sweet memories will last a long, long time”

“We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I”

"If they don't give me proper credit I just walk away"

“And mama always told me be careful what you do, don't go around breaking young girls' hearts”

“Been workin, so hard. I'm punchin’ my card "

“You tell me that you want me, you tell me that you need me, you tell me that you love me, and I know that I'm right”

“I touch you once, I touch you twice”

“I was born to love you, but I will never be free, you'll always be a part of me "

“No April rain, no flowers' bloom, no wedding Saturday within the month of June”

“Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream”

“Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you."

“You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand "

“Step on a crack, break your momma's back”

“Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray "

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it "

“Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones”

“You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day”

“I asked the doctor to take your picture so I could look at you from inside as well "

“We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving”

“Yo no soy marinero, Yo no soy marinero, soy capitan, soy capitan”

“They say if you love someone”

“Guilty feet have got no rhythm”

And oh what a revelation to see someone was saying 'I love you' to me"

BONUS (Manong, kung masagot nyo pa po ito…) :

“There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby”

“We could be on a desert, lost without a place to go”

“So kiss me and smile for me”

“I'm on your side, when times get rough"

“Try now we can only lose, and our love become a funeral pyre”

"Just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed"

“And now as tears subside, I find it all so amusing”

“No one can tell me that I’m too young to know”

“The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls”

“Frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee”

“Use your mentality, wake up to reality”

“How can you think love will end when I’ve asked you to spend your whole life with me”

“Man has never found the words that could make you want me”

“Mystic crystal revelation and the mind’s true liberation”

and finally…

“The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night”

C'mon, give it your best shot!! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by liberty

“A face through a window” Mandy, Barry Manilow

“Left each other on the way to another love” Looks like we made it... Barry Manilow

“I’d rather be loved, and needed, depended on to give a love I can’t give” I just dont wanna be lonely.... I forgot who sang it

“And who is the one you're clinging to instead of me tonight?” Emotion... Soundtrack of Saturday Night Fever.

“Those kicks were fast as lightning, in fact it was a little bit frightening” Kung Fu Fighting... I forgot who sang it.

“This will be the day that I die” American Pie

“A kiss for luck and we're on our way” We've only just begun, Paul... something the short guy....

“Strollin' in the park, watchin' winter turn to spring” Feel like making love .....

“When you get drunk between the moon and New York City” Theme from Arthur, Cristopher Cross

“You can rely on the old man's money” XXXX Hall and Oates??

We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I” Never Gonna Give you Up... Rick Astley and si si Roderick Paulate ....HAHAHAHAHAHA

“Been workin, so hard. I'm punchin’ my card " FootLoose, Kenny Loggins

“I touch you once, I touch you twice” If you live (?)

“No April rain, no flowers' bloom, no wedding Saturday within the month of June” I just want to say I love you. Stevie Wonder

“Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream” Karma Chameleon, Boy George

“Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you." Wild Boys, Duran Duran

“Step on a crack, break your momma's back” Whip it!!!!

“Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray " Bizarre Love Triangle

"I'm about to lose control and I think I like it " I'm so Excited, Pointer sisters

“Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones” Girls just wanna have fun, Cindy Laupher

“You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day” Wake me up before you go, go... George Michael

“I asked the doctor to take your picture so I could look at you from inside as well " Turning Japanese

“We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving” WE are the world, Stevie Wonder et. al

“Yo no soy marinero, Yo no soy marinero, soy capitan, soy capitan” La Bamba

“Guilty feet have got no rhythm” Careless Whispers, George Michael

And oh what a revelation to see someone was saying 'I love you' to me" One in a million, Jun Polistico HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

BONUS (Manong, kung masagot nyo pa po ito…)

“I'm on your side, when times get rough" Bridge over troubled water Simon Garfunkle (?)

“Use your mentality, wake up to reality” I'VE GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN, FRANK SINATRA... How can I go wrong here. Kaya nga napapagkamalan akong nababaril sa biyoke bar !!!!!

O yan na muna. Uuwi na ako at baka hinahanap na ako ng misis ko at sabihin nya e wala naman akong ginawa sa opis ngayon kundi sumagot ng mga post dito sa MTC. :boo:

Edited by masi

Hirap nito ah. With major help na from PinoyS .. pasang awa pa rin

Ayoko na sa forum na ito !!! :unsure: na-stretch brains ko..d pa naman ako nag-pharmaton..

health risk ang quiz na ito..baka may magka aneurysm :(

“A face through a window” -Mandy- Barry Manilow

“Without love where would you be now” - Long train running - Doobie Brothers

“I’d rather be loved, and needed, depended on to give a love I can’t give” - Just don't want to be lonely - Stylistics

“Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening” - Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

“And who is the one you're clinging to instead of me tonight?” Emotion - Teri de Sario feat. The Bee Gees

“Those kicks were fast as lightning, in fact it was a little bit frightening” Kung Fu Fighting - Carl Douglas

“See the girl who’s collected broken hearts for souvenirs” - Let the side show begin - Blue Magic

“Write your name across the sky” -Betcha by golly wow - The Stylistics

“Made the weary wonder of Wall Street rise from the dead” - Terminal - Rupert Holmes

“And we will live forever, until the twelfth of never” - Fantasy - EWF

“This will be the day that I die” - American Pie- Don Mclean

“You're a tease and you turn 'em on” - Dancing Queen - ABBA

“Portraits hung in empty halls” - Vincent - Don Mclean

“A kiss for luck and we're on our way” We've only just begun -The Carpenters

“Strollin' in the park, watchin' winter turn to spring” Feel like making love -

“'Cause we're living in a world of fools " - How deep is ur love - The Bee Gees

“Quiet and blue like the sky I'm hung over you” - Precious and few - ??? Maraming versions

“When you get drunk between the moon and New York City” Theme from Arthur - Chris Cross

“You can rely on the old man's money” You're a rich girl - Hall and Oates

“'Cause there's music in the air and lots of lovin’ everywhere” p give me the night- george benson

“We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I” - Never gonna give u up - Rick Astley

“And mama always told me be careful what you do, don't go around breaking young girls' hearts” Billie JEan - Michael Jackson

“You tell me that you want me, you tell me that you need me, you tell me that you love me, and I know that I'm right” - Talking in your sleep - the Romantics

“I was born to love you, but I will never be free, you'll always be a part of me " -Always something there to remind me - Burt Bacharach as covered by Naked Eyes

“No April rain, no flowers' bloom, no wedding Saturday within the month of June” I just called to say i love u - Stevie Wonder

“Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you." - Sweet Dreams - the Eurythmics

“You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand " - Mickey -

“Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray " - Bizarre Love Triangle - New Order

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it " - I'm so excited - The Pointer sisters

“Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones” - Girls just wanna have fun - Cyndi Lauper

“I asked the doctor to take your picture so I could look at you from inside as well " Turning Japanese - The Vapors

“We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving” - We are the world- All star cast

“Yo no soy marinero, Yo no soy marinero, soy capitan, soy capitan” La Bamba- Los lobos

“They say if you love someone” Set them free -Sting

“Guilty feet have got no rhythm” - I'm never gonna dance again - Wham!

And oh what a revelation to see someone was saying 'I love you' to me" - One in a Million - ????

“So kiss me and smile for me” - Leaving on a jet plane - Peter Paul and Mary or John Denver

“I'm on your side, when times get rough" Bridge over troubled water - Simon and Garfunkel

“And now as tears subside, I find it all so amusing” - My way - Frank Sinatra

“The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls” Sound of Silence - Simon and Garfunkel

“Frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee” Puff the Magic Dragon - Many versions alam ko lang yung kay PEter Paul and Mary

“Use your mentality, wake up to reality” - I've got you under my skin - Frank Sinatra

“Mystic crystal revelation and the mind’s true liberation” - The age of Aquarius - the Fifth Dimension

and finally…

Hello mga mare at pare. Mukhang gusto nyong mauna tung thread. :P

Pa try nga!

“A face through a window” - Mandy, Barry mannilow

“Don't make a wrong seem right” - Don't Give Up on Us Baby - Piolo Pascual este David Soul

“Without love where would you be now” - Long Train Running, Doobie Brothers - favorite!!!!

“Teardrops rolling down on my face” - Feelings by Mr. Becca Godinez (Morris Albert)

“Left each other on the way to another love” - Looks Like We Made It, Barry Mannilow ulit! Bakit?

“She's trying to make a devil out of me” - Black Magic Woman, Santana

“I’d rather be loved, and needed, depended on to give a love I can’t give” - JUst Don't Wanna Be Lonely, Ronnie Dyson, Blue Magic

“I won't be surprised if it's a dream” - Top of the World, Carpenters

“Life can be short or long, love can be right or wrong” - ???? sirit

“Go crazy is what I will do” - If I Can't Have You, Yvonne Elliman

“Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening” - Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen

“And who is the one you're clinging to instead of me tonight?” - Emotion, Samantha Sang

“To try again seems useless now, I’ll get hurt again, anyhow” - ???

“And life without you has no future for me” - ???? Mahirap nga!

“Those kicks were fast as lightning, in fact it was a little bit frightening” - Kung Fu Fighting, Carl Douglas

“See the girl who’s collected broken hearts for souvenirs” Sideshow, Blue magic

“Write your name across the sky” Betcha By Golly Wow, Stylistics

“Made the weary wonder of Wall Street rise from the dead” Terminal, Rupert Holmes

“And we will live forever, until the twelfth of never” Twelfth of Never, Johnny Mathis

“Listen to us, I'm sure you'll be amazed” Le Freak, Chic

“This will be the day that I die” American Pie, Don McLean

“You're a tease and you turn 'em on” - Dancing Queen, ABBA

“Portraits hung in empty halls” - Vincent, Don McLean -National Anthem ng mga artists

“Come on angel, my heart's on fire" -

“A kiss for luck and we're on our way” - We've Only Just Begun, Carpenters

“Strollin' in the park, watchin' winter turn to spring” - Feel Like Makin Love, Roberta Flack

“'Cause we're living in a world of fools " - How Deep is Your Love, Bee Gees

“Quiet and blue like the sky I'm hung over you” - Precious and Few

“When you get drunk between the moon and New York City” - Best That You Can Do (Arthur's Theme), Cris Cross

“You can rely on the old man's money” - Sirit

“'Cause there's music in the air and lots of lovin’ everywhere” - Give Me the Night, George Benson

“No more talk of darkness” - All I Ask of You, Cliff Richard and Sarah Brightman - Phantom of the Opera

“Sweet memories will last a long, long time” - I'm So Excited, Pointer Sisters :P And I just can't hide it....

“We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I” - Never Gonna Give You Up, Rick Astley or Roderick Paulate :D

"If they don't give me proper credit I just walk away" - Material Girl, Madonna :wub:

“And mama always told me be careful what you do, don't go around breaking young girls' hearts” - Billie Jean, Michael Jackson young boys pala :evil:

“Been workin, so hard. I'm punchin’ my card " - Footloose, Kenny Loggins

“You tell me that you want me, you tell me that you need me, you tell me that you love me, and I know that I'm right” - Talking in Your Sleep, new wave ito!

“I touch you once, I touch you twice” - If You Leave, Orchestral Manoeuvers in the Dark Everytime I see you.... :cool:

“I was born to love you, but I will never be free, you'll always be a part of me "

“No April rain, no flowers' bloom, no wedding Saturday within the month of June” - I Just Called To Say I Love You, Stevie Wonder

“Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream” - Karma Chameleon, Culture Club (Boy George) Kinakanta namin ito!

“Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you." - Sweet Dreams, Eurythmics

“You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand " - Mickey, Toni Basil :thumbsupsmiley:

“Step on a crack, break your momma's back” - Whip It, Devo

“Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray " - Bizaare Love Triangle, New Order tapos Frente

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it " - I'm So Excited, Pointer Sisters Bakit inulit?

“Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones” - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper

“You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day” - sirit

“I asked the doctor to take your picture so I could look at you from inside as well " - ????

“We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving” - We are the World, USA for Africa

“Yo no soy marinero, Yo no soy marinero, soy capitan, soy capitan” - La Bamba, Lou Diamond Philips starred in this movie about Richie Valens

“They say if you love someone” - ???

“Guilty feet have got no rhythm” - Careless Whisper, George Michael

And oh what a revelation to see someone was saying 'I love you' to me" - One in a Million?

“There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby” - Over the Rainbow, Judy Garland from Wizard of Oz heheehe si Dorothy

“So kiss me and smile for me” - Leaving on a Jet PLane, John Denver

“I'm on your side, when times get rough" Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel

“Try now we can only lose, and our love become a funeral pyre” - sirit, grabe kaluma naman nito

"Just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed" - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, Burt Bacharach (I remember Katharine Ross in Butch Cassidy and the Sunshine KId)

“And now as tears subside, I find it all so amusing” Hahahahaha - Ang walang kamatayang My Way ni Paul Anka na pinasikat ni Frank Sinatra. Marami ng namatay sa kantang ito :evil:

“No one can tell me that I’m too young to know” - Our Day Will Come, Spiral Starecase

“The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls” - The Sound of Silence, Simon and Garfunkel

“Frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee” - Puff the Magic Dragon ??? in Meet the Parents

“Use your mentality, wake up to reality” - I Dot You Under My Skin, Bono and Frank Sinatra

“How can you think love will end when I’ve asked you to spend your whole life with me” - Never MY LOve, 5th Dimension

“Man has never found the words that could make you want me” - ????

“Mystic crystal revelation and the mind’s true liberation” - ????

and finally…

“The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night” - What a Wonderful World, Louie Armstrong hehehehe, meron akong cd nito :thumbsupsmiley: I see skies of blue and clouds of white....

Mas mahirap nga :hypocritesmiley:

Pasubok uli....

“A face through a window” - Mandy, Barry Manilow

“Don't make a wrong seem right” Don't Give Up on Us Baby, David Soul

“Without love where would you be now” Long Train Running, Dobbie Brothers ('di ba ito iyong 't_ng galit?)

“Teardrops rolling down on my face” Feelings, Morris Albert

“Left each other on the way to another love” Looks Like We Made It, Barry Manilow

“She's trying to make a devil out of me”

“I’d rather be loved, and needed, depended on to give a love I can’t give” I Just Don't Want To Be Lonely, Blue Magic

“I won't be surprised if it's a dream”

“Life can be short or long, love can be right or wrong”

“Go crazy is what I will do”

“Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening” Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen

“And who is the one you're clinging to instead of me tonight?” Emotion, Samantha Sang

“To try again seems useless now, I’ll get hurt again, anyhow”

“And life without you has no future for me”

“Those kicks were fast as lightning, in fact it was a little bit frightening” Everybody's Kung-Fu Fighting, Carl Douglas

“See the girl who’s collected broken hearts for souvenirs” Side Show, Blue Magic

“Write your name across the sky” Betcha By Golly Wow, Stylistics (?)

“Made the weary wonder of Wall Street rise from the dead” Terminal, Rupert Holmes

“And we will live forever, until the twelfth of never” Fantasy, EWF

“Listen to us, I'm sure you'll be amazed” Le Freak, Chic

“This will be the day that I die” American Pie, Don McClean

“You're a tease and you turn 'em on”

“Portraits hung in empty halls” Vincent, Don McClean

“A kiss for luck and we're on our way”

“Strollin' in the park, watchin' winter turn to spring” Laughter In The Rain, Neil Sedaka

“'Cause we're living in a world of fools " How Deep Is Your Love, Bee Gees

“Quiet and blue like the sky I'm hung over you”

“When you get drunk between the moon and New York City” Arthur's Theme, Christopher Cross

“You can rely on the old man's money” Rich Girl, Hall & Oates

“'Cause there's music in the air and lots of lovin’ everywhere” Give Me The Night, George Benson

“Sweet memories will last a long, long time”

“We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I”

"If they don't give me proper credit I just walk away"

“And mama always told me be careful what you do, don't go around breaking young girls' hearts” Billie Jean, Michael Jackson

“Been workin, so hard. I'm punchin’ my card " Takin' Care of Business, Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band

“You tell me that you want me, you tell me that you need me, you tell me that you love me, and I know that I'm right” Talking in Your Sleep, The Romantics

“I touch you once, I touch you twice” ????, Orchestral Maneuvers In The Dark

“No April rain, no flowers' bloom, no wedding Saturday within the month of June”

“Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dream” Karma Chameleon, The Culture Club

“Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you." Here Comes The Rain Again, Eurythmics

“You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand " Oh Mickey, Toni Basil

“Step on a crack, break your momma's back” Whip It, Devo

“Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray "

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it " I'm So Excited, The Pointer Sisters

“Oh mother dear we're not the fortunate ones”

“You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day”

“I asked the doctor to take your picture so I could look at you from inside as well " Turning Japanese, The Vapors

“We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving” We Are The World, a bunch of American singers

“Yo no soy marinero, Yo no soy marinero, soy capitan, soy capitan” La Bamba, Los Lobos (?)

“They say if you love someone” If You Love Somebody, Set Them Free, Sting

“Guilty feet have got no rhythm” Careless Whispers, George "naging syoke" Michael

And oh what a revelation to see someone was saying 'I love you' to me"

“There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby”

“So kiss me and smile for me” Leaving on a Jet Plane, John Denver or Peter, Paul, & Mary

“I'm on your side, when times get rough" Bridge Over Troubled Waters, Simon & Garfunkel

“Try now we can only lose, and our love become a funeral pyre” Light My Fire, The Doors

"Just like the guy whose feet are too big for his bed" Teardrops Are Falling On My Head, ????

“And now as tears subside, I find it all so amusing” My Way, Frank Sinatra

“No one can tell me that I’m too young to know” Our Day Will Come, The Spiral Staircase

“The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls” Sound of Silence, Simon & Garfunkel

“Frolicked in the autumn mist in a land called Honah Lee” Puff The Magic Dragon, Peter, Paul, & Mary

“Use your mentality, wake up to reality” I've Got You Under My Skin, Frank Sinatra

“How can you think love will end when I’ve asked you to spend your whole life with me” Never My Love, The Association

“Man has never found the words that could make you want me” Cherish, The Association

“Mystic crystal revelation and the mind’s true liberation” Aguarius, The Fifth Dimension

and finally…

“The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night” What A Wonderful World, Louis Armstrong

“Sweet memories will last a long, long time” - I'm So Excited, Pointer Sisters :P And I just can't hide it....

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it " - I'm So Excited, Pointer Sisters Bakit inulit?

Ooops, my bad! Sorry, I didn't notice this! But they're both correct naman!! :cool:

Way to go! Nakuha mo yung "Black Magic Woman" ng Santana, and the last one, What A Wonderful World of Louie Armstong!

:cool:

Yoko na mag post ng answers sa Quiz 2 ni Ms.Liberty at baka mahalata na panay basa ko ng JINGLE songhits :P Which is reflective of my frustration I think--- I cannot sing at all!!!!! Ha ha ha kaya hanggang pa memorize na lang ng lyrics :thumbsupsmiley:

Thank you very much for the warm welcome on this thread. :) Greetings portion muna:

1. Pareng Storm and KapitanJT, miss na miss ko kayo! Puro kababawan kasi pinaguukulan ko ng free time ko these days (read: no brainer threads on mtc) :lol:

2. MsLiberty! Ha ha ha ako na si SIRIT QUEEN! Isn't SIRIT is such a 70s term? Hmmm at least that's what I recall from all the "knock-knock" jokes my cousins used to teach me tagalog when we would come home to manila for the holidays. :unsure: Re Isley Brothers, they have wonderful songs which many newer artists did covers of. I first heard HARVEST as a Robert Palmer cover, THIS OLD HEART OF MINE as a Rod Stewart cover, FOR THE LOVE OF YOU as a Whitney Houston cover and AT YOUR BEST as an Aaliyah cover, research research ako ng konti at yon na download ko din mga original versions from the Isley Bros. Beautiful really, hayyyy yung iba eh make-out music too! :lol:

3. Masi Pare, am an old soul I think and am getting there soon na rin physiologically :lol: I think part of this audiophilic addiction is rooted in the fact that when I was growing up in Bangkok, these songs were the only things in English! :wacko:

4. Willowboy, I sooooo love that Free Movement song! Everytime I hear it, without fail, I get soooo weepy. But of course hindi dahil feeling ko ako yung kumakanta but ako yung kinakantahan :lol:

5. Sliderule and LadyAugustMoon, hope to meet you one of these days with some of my mostest, favoritest people on mtc :D

6. Lomex, I had such a huge crush on Leif Garret when I was 10/11yrs old! I can still hear "when I think of you ... I gotta wait for the summer ...." in my head.

Hope to see you lovely people soon, till then I'll keep on singing in the bathroom (currently singing You've made me so very happy, I'm so glad you came into my liiiiiifeeeeeeeee). :lol:

Hi, Willow Boy! Ikaw ang BIDA sa BONUS! :thumbsupsmiley:

You got "Light My Fire" by The Doors! :boo: And "Never My Love" and "Cherish" by The Association! Favorites ko yun!

Answers will be posted tomorrow...

:P :upside:

Maraming salamat, Ms. Liberty. :blush: Madalas kasi akong makinig sa DWRK 96.3 FM noong college ako dahil mayroon silang "Oldies Wednesday" at that time. It was a nice break from the other stations that only played the latest Top 40 hits. :cool:

Para hindi OT, one of the members of the Association was of Pinoy blood. He was born in Hawaii and Ramos was his last name. I just couldn't recall his first name at the moment.

Edited by willow_boy
Would it be ok to ask:

How would one define the word "audiophile"?

I always thought of it this way:

Audiophile = hi-fi enthusiast: somebody who has an enthusiasm for sound reproduction, especially high-fidelity music recordings

(pareng Bods, back me up here naman) :D

You are absolutely right starbuck911, technically that is the meaning of audiophile. Literally audiophile means "someone who loves to hear." Words take on evolved meanings through time and culture I suppose and in this case the context was those who love listening to music. Teka eh di dapat MUSICPHILE? :lol: Whatever it is, it's all good (except to the purists) :)

You are absolutely right starbuck911, technically that is the meaning of audiophile. Literally audiophile means "someone who loves to hear." Words take on evolved meanings through time and culture I suppose and in this case the context was those who love listening to music. Teka eh di dapat MUSICPHILE? :lol: Whatever it is, it's all good (except to the purists) :)

Ah, so.....thank you for that clarification, Ms. Liberty. I was getting confused for a second, so I think the word "musicphile" makes more sense in this case. :cool:

I should have stated earlier that this inquiry is NOT meant to rain on the parade. :blush: It's already bad enough outside...

4. Willowboy, I sooooo love that Free Movement song! Everytime I hear it, without fail, I get soooo weepy. But of course hindi dahil feeling ko ako yung kumakanta but ako yung kinakantahan :lol:

The irony of the whole thing e iyang pang song na iyan ang isa sa mga hindi ko nahulaan sa music quiz ni Ms. Liberty! :wacko:

Nahihiya tuloy ako ngayon. :(